PDA

View Full Version : LeBron wasn't the OG colluder, Kevin Garnett was

warriorfan
11-20-2015, 12:54 AM
KG was the original LeBron

Stacking regular season MVP by padding stats in worthless games

Choking big time once the playoffs come and blaming it on not enough help

Colluding with 2 other legit HoF team mates, taking on Beta roles on the new colluded team

KG was worse though because his stats declined sharply in the playoffs every time

DaOldLion
11-20-2015, 12:58 AM
no not even close

KG didn't leave his 60+ win team team via free agency to go join Pierce and Allen after they had already signed with the Celtics, only to leave again 4 years later after 4 straight finals (after the first sign of competition since 2011) in FA to go join 2 other young all stars

stalkerforlife
11-20-2015, 12:59 AM
Damn KG family, y'all done provoked a mountain lion.

warriorfan takes no prisoners.

Magic 32
11-20-2015, 01:01 AM
Not at all.

Garnett stayed longer and compained less than any superstar of his era.

He wasted 3 or 4 years of his prime.

warriorfan
11-20-2015, 01:03 AM
Not at all.

Garnett stayed longer and compained less than any superstar of his era.

He wasted 3 or 4 years of his prime.

right right

"not enough help"

you are sounding like a lebron stan

oh the horror
11-20-2015, 01:03 AM
no not even close

KG didn't leave his 60+ win team team via free agency to go join Pierce and Allen after they had already signed with the Celtics, only to leave again 4 years later after 4 straight finals (after the first sign of competition since 2011) in FA to go join 2 other young all stars

All of this.

No matter how Lebron's career is shaped up from here on out this is how most will always see it. The guy cut corners and used shortcuts to acquire accolades the easiest possible way. There's something that isn't right about that. But whatever.

warriorfan
11-20-2015, 01:05 AM
All of this.

No matter how Lebron's career is shaped up from here on out this is how most will always see it. The guy cut corners and used shortcuts to acquire accolades the easiest possible way. There's something that isn't right about that. But whatever.

LeBron's collude was worse, but he got the blueprint from GayG.

FreezingTsmoove
11-20-2015, 01:05 AM
KG Ray and Pierce the OG colluders

Only reason Heat Dynasty formed in the first place was because Wade and LebRon were tired of getting their weak teams get kicked in DECISIVELY every year by the Celtics. I mean seriously the OG colluders really beat the shit out of the Cavs and Heat in the playoffs

So I never understood the hate for the South Beach collusion. It was strictly to beat the Celtics

Lebron23
11-20-2015, 01:09 AM
All of this.

The Cavaliers management in his first 7 years surrounded him with trash. At least he won 2 NBA titles as the best player of his team. And likely his 3rd NBA title if everyone is healthy this season.

Rocketswin2013
11-20-2015, 01:09 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/2010/5/14/1471987/lebron-james-free-agent-knicks-cavs-kevin-garnett-loyalty

Garnett was asked about LeBron's impending (2010) free agency last night, and his answer was very interesting, as noted by CBS Sportsline's Ken Berger.

"Loyalty is something that hurts you at times, because you can't get youth back. I can honestly say that if I could go back and do my situation over, knowing what I know now with this organization, I'd have done it a little sooner."

Garnett rotted away with teams with D-leaguers and washed up journey men. Good for him, leaving that shitty situation.

Fck the fggots who care about stuff like this anyway. ****ing losers have no perspective. I wonder how a shithead would view a person leaving a job as an engineer to be a IT manager with better pay and benefits.

oh the horror
11-20-2015, 01:13 AM
The Cavaliers management in his first 7 years surrounded him with trash. At least he won 2 NBA titles as the best player of his team. And likely his 3rd NBA title if everyone is healthy this season.

I just don't like how as soon as things began getting tougher in Miami and Wade and Bosh began declining he skipped town on yet another team for younger talent back in Cleveland. Let's not get it twisted, I believe the deal for Love was in place well before he agreed to come back.

LeBron's collude was worse, but he got the blueprint from GayG.

Yeah I won't deny that. They were a super team no doubt

FKAri
11-20-2015, 01:15 AM
I'm glad KG went to Boston. I'm glad Lebron left the Cavs. I don't want to see superstars on shit teams like Orlando TMac. These guys could get injured any second and we'd lose the chance to see what they can do.

Look at Curry now. Imagine if he was surrounded by trash. Nobody would even know how good he is. Curry doesn't seem like the type who'd be gunning 30ppg on a shit team. He'd try to play team ball and lead the team only to see his passes out of drive and kick + pick and roll go to stone handed bricklayers.

What im trying to say is *** OP and *** these guys calling this collusion. ****** dont even know what it means

Lebron23
11-20-2015, 01:17 AM
I just don't like how as soon as things began getting tougher in Miami and Wade and Bosh began declining he skipped town on yet another team for younger talent back in Cleveland. Let's not get it twisted, I believe the deal for Love was in place well before he agreed to come back.

Yeah I won't deny that. They were a super team no doubt

He promised to win an NBA title for his home town. And every NBA players wants to win multiple titles. Duncan and Kobe were very lucky because they were drafted by teams with a good management.

Duncan and Kobe played with Robinson and Shaq while LeBron played with Ilgauskas.

I'm glad KG went to Boston. I'm glad Lebron left the Cavs. I don't want to see superstars on shit teams like Orlando TMac. These guys could get injured any second and we'd lose the chance to see what they can do.

Look at Curry now. Imagine if he was surrounded by trash. Nobody would even know how good he is. Curry doesn't seem like the type who'd be gunning 30ppg on a shit team. He'd try to play team ball and lead the team only to see his passes out of drive and kick + pick and roll go to stone handed bricklayers.

What im trying to say is *** OP and *** these guys calling this collusion. ****** dont even know what it means

Great Posts.

FireDavidKahn
11-20-2015, 01:20 AM
:sleeping
Flip Saunders HAD TO FREAKING CONVINCE KG TO ACCEPT THE TRADE.:rolleyes:

3ball
11-20-2015, 01:21 AM
true.. but facts aside

3ball
11-20-2015, 01:22 AM

Colluding with 2 other legit HoF team mates, taking on Beta roles on the new colluded team

KG was worse though because his stats declined sharply in the playoffs every time

Lebron not being the first to do all these things makes him even more beta.

At least be ORIGINAL... Now he's beta.... AND a biter... :facepalm

warriorfan
11-20-2015, 01:23 AM

no shit flip saunders was a smart man, he knew he wasn't going to win with the 30 million buck beta who consistently underperforms in the playoffs so he convinced him to gtfo and collude

warriorfan
11-20-2015, 01:24 AM
Lebron not being the first to do all these things makes him even more beta.

At least be ORIGINAL... Now he's beta.... AND a biter... :facepalm

LeBron...

:facepalm

TheBigVeto
11-20-2015, 01:32 AM

:biggums:

Considering you're only 11 years old, this is excused.

Magic Johnson is the original LeBron. Get your facts right brah.

warriorfan
11-20-2015, 01:34 AM

Considering you're only 11 years old, this is excused.

Magic Johnson is the original LeBron. Get your facts right brah.

Magic Johnson has more in common with Charlie Sheen than he does LeBron James

Smoke117
11-20-2015, 01:43 AM
Warriorfan will forever be a buffoon.

aj1987
11-20-2015, 01:49 AM

Magic Johnson has more in common with Charlie Sheen than he does LeBron James
Magic refused to play in the NBA if he didn't get to play with Kareem and the Lakers.

http://articles.latimes.com/1991-06-05/sports/sp-83_1_lakers

What do you expect players to do? Stay in a shitty situation, surrounded by garbage for their entire careers? You think Kobe would be willing to play on a garbage ass team for his first 7 seasons? Shaq bailed. Kobe threatened to leave multiple times, forcing the FO to make moves. Magic refused to play for any team other than the Lakers. Bird was drafted into a team with elite players. Wilt bailed. Chuck bailed. Etc..

Uncle Drew
11-20-2015, 01:54 AM
Every team OP tries to discuss something else than Curry, he gets shat on. Well, he actually gets shat on regardless.

stalkerforlife
11-20-2015, 01:54 AM
Love the OP, but KG was never touted as a top 10 player of all time and didn't have nearly the hype Bran had/still has. Bran was in his absolute physical peak when he colluded, too. KG didn't go play with a fellow top 3 player and a fellow top 10 player; that Miami team was STACKED like no other at the top.

That collusion by Boston was cowardly, but they were all 2nd tier superstars, anyway.

24-Inch_Chrome
11-20-2015, 01:56 AM
You're a ****ing idiot.

Kvnzhangyay
11-20-2015, 02:09 AM
Love the OP, but KG was never touted as a top 10 player of all time and didn't have nearly the hype Bran had/still has. Bran was in his absolute physical peak when he colluded, too. KG didn't go play with a fellow top 3 player and a fellow top 10 player; that Miami team was STACKED like no other at the top.

That collusion by Boston was cowardly, but they were all 2nd tier superstars, anyway.

That's just disrespectful

Wally450
11-20-2015, 02:12 AM
Am I the only one that didn't know about KG, Pierce and Allen discussing joining up years in advance?

NewYorkNoPicks
11-20-2015, 02:22 AM
I swear some of you dumbass young kids dont even know what the world collusion means. It means pre-meditated, under the table, dealings with the intent to make something controversial or "grey area" happen.

KG never wanted to be traded. Hes a lone wolf and led the ship in Minny admirably for years... 10 years of losing would be too much for anyone and he requested a change.

The Sonics had no intention of dealing Ray Allen until the draft was near. This wasnt something Ray, Pierce and KG concocted together it was just Danny Ainge having a bunch of assets at the right time when a few unlikely scenerios occurred simultaneously. Nothing wa pre-meditated here. No collusion

Kblaze8855
11-20-2015, 02:22 AM
In 1982 Moses Malone signed to a 76ers team that had 4 all stars on it and the MVP from 1981. A team that had made the finals in 80 and 82.

Its seen as a trade these days because of the old rules requiring compensation for a lost free agent....but it was a straight up signing and they had to then work out a trade to send the Rockets something back. They sent their 7th best player. For the reigning MVP.

They then won 65 games and damn near swept the playoffs.

And he wasnt the first of that kind either.

Not that any of it matters.

Kblaze8855
11-20-2015, 02:24 AM
I swear some of you dumbass young kids dont even know what the world collusion means.

Its amazing to me that so few dont seem to know that players CANT collude with eachother. Its literally not possible according to the rules. Teams can collude. Players could come out and say they want to team up in 3 years and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

A TEAM cant speak on or go after other teams players.

The players can do and say whatever they like.

k0kakw0rld
11-20-2015, 02:30 AM
no not even close

The same 60 point team did not reach the playoffs once the man left.

So why me as a superstar should I accept playing with a crappy roster my entire career? Would you? :confusedshrug:

NewYorkNoPicks
11-20-2015, 02:35 AM
Its amazing to me that so few dont seem to know that players CANT collude with eachother. Its literally not possible according to the rules. Teams can collude. Players could come out and say they want to team up in 3 years and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

A TEAM cant speak on or go after other teams players.

The players can do and say whatever they like.

You're right actually. But in the case of the Heat... Riley clearly used Wade as a salesman and the guy to broker the deal under the table while other guys were under contract. Riley made those moves to clear the salary cap space with insider knowledge of promises under contract players had given to Wade. So essentially The Heat colluded with Wade if you want to be technical

Kblaze8855
11-20-2015, 02:44 AM
It doesnt take under the table knowledge to know you need to clear all that cap space when Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, Boozer, Joe Johnson, and I think Dirk are all free agents the same offseason.

This was me 4 years before it happened:

http://s18.postimg.org/zbdnhkjex/calledit.jpg

You think I can look ahead and see how obvious it was and NBA GMs couldnt?

Half the league signed short contracts for the express purpose of being able to go after 2-3 of those guys all at once.

Doesnt take collusion to do that. The Heat had nobody worth a shit but Wade. Clearing it all out with that summer coming is just common sense.

You have South Beach to sell and 50 million in cap space to make a super team.

No way they wouldnt have come out with a great team. Worst case it would have been Wade, Amare, and Joe johnson or something which in 2010 would have been great.

oh the horror
11-20-2015, 02:51 AM
Dude you're going to seriously sit there and try to tell us that you really don't believe Lebron, Wade and Bosh weren't talking with one another and came to the decision well beforehand about joining up together?

And then all parties involved made it happen

JohnFreeman
11-20-2015, 02:52 AM
It doesnt take under the table knowledge to know you need to clear all that cap space when Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, Boozer, Joe Johnson, and I think Dirk are all free agents the same offseason.

Half the league signed short contracts for the express purpose of being able to go after 2-3 of those guys all at once.

Doesnt take collusion to do that. The Heat had nobody worth a shit but Wade. Clearing it all out with that summer coming is just common sense.

No way they wouldnt have come out with a great team. Worst case it would have been Wade, Amare, and Joe johnson or something which in 2010 would have been great.
Photoshop is a beautiful thing

Kblaze8855
11-20-2015, 02:55 AM

That may be but this isnt an example:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23287&page=4

It was obvious what was coming. Not how it would all play out...but you could see that summer being a potential jackpot years in advance.

Im not claiming I believed it WOULD happen. But it was clear when you needed to have cap space ready.

Pointguard
11-20-2015, 03:01 AM
He didn't have a good enough team to be stat padding. If you have to lead your team in blocks, rebounds, steals and assist and are only one game ahead of San Antonio, you don't have worthless games.

He overachieved in most of his playoffs.

He played a different role. Its obvious you don't know what you are talking about.

warriorfan
11-20-2015, 03:12 AM

Blazestradamus :applause:

Rocketswin2013
11-20-2015, 03:14 AM
Dude you're going to seriously sit there and try to tell us that you really don't believe Lebron, Wade and Bosh weren't talking with one another and came to the decision well beforehand about joining up together?

And then all parties involved made it happen
None of that is collusion you ****wit.

FKAri
11-20-2015, 03:16 AM

so is google:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=427582&postcount=16