PDA

View Full Version : lol, how in hell is Dallas 9-4?

masonanddixon
11-21-2015, 03:23 AM
This must be the smartest Mavs team ever. I have no idea how this team is rolling.

Hittin_Shots
11-21-2015, 03:26 AM
Didn't think they could tank into bottom 7 with all the terrible teams, so got no reason to lose

masonanddixon
11-21-2015, 03:28 AM
Didn't think they could tank into bottom 7 with all the terrible teams, so got no reason to lose

How are they so good? Have you watched any games?

JohnFreeman
11-21-2015, 03:30 AM
The West

masonanddixon
11-21-2015, 03:31 AM
The West

Why is Sacramento so shitty?

AirBonner
11-21-2015, 03:35 AM
The West
This. West full of terrible teams.

JohnFreeman
11-21-2015, 03:37 AM
Watch a game and you will see. Cousins only one showing up every game

ThatCoolKid
11-21-2015, 03:39 AM
The West is a weak conference.

J Shuttlesworth
11-21-2015, 03:40 AM
Watch a game and you will see. Cousins only one showing up every game
Plus, the Kings have had to play more games against the bEASTern conference so far

JohnFreeman
11-21-2015, 03:45 AM
Plus, the Kings have had to play more games against the bEASTern conference so far
Exactly.

Gus Hemmingway
11-21-2015, 03:45 AM
Because theyre in a shitty conference with little competition:confusedshrug:

miggyme1
11-21-2015, 03:56 AM
i never really understood the hate this team was getting before the season started. I had the mavs being a top 5 seed this year. This is the best team they have had since they won the ship in 11. I knew deron would be rejuvenated playing in texas, dirk is still dirk,matthews is a lite dwade, chandler parsons might be the most underrated sf in the league outside of barnes, and pachulia is a hard nose never back down get in your face center and his chippiness rubs off on teammates. Look at any team pachulia has been on and see how he changed the way those teams played just from how he approaches the game. Dont be surprised if the mavs go to the wcf.

masonanddixon
11-21-2015, 03:57 AM
i never really understood the hate this team was getting before the season started. I had the mavs being a top 5 seed this year. This is the best team they have had since they won the ship in 11. I knew deron would be rejuvenated playing in texas, dirk is still dirk,matthews is a lite dwade, chandler parsons might be the most underrated sf in the league outside of barnes, and pachulia is a hard nose never back down get in your face center and his chippiness rubs off on teammates. Look at any team pachulia has been on and see how he changed the way those teams played just from how he approaches the game. Dont be surprised if the mavs go to the wcf.

I mean this team is very high IQ and has two absolutely elite defenders in Parsons and Matthews but I didn't expect Dirk to still be so solid.

AirBonner
11-21-2015, 04:03 AM
You think Deron is going to keep this up? They are old and will break down.

FreezingTsmoove
11-21-2015, 04:12 AM
Deron was always a damn good player and a damn great leader on the floor. Lets not forget how versatile he is and CAN play with other PGs at the same time on the floor at a high level. Dating back to his college days he showed he excels with another floor general on the court (yes Felton is playing like a floor general this season)

The Nets collapse shows how Deron basically carried the entire team on his back since the Nets still have virtually the same team

Yet people called him a scrub in BK. He was carrying the team this whole time

Akrazotile
11-21-2015, 04:15 AM

Agreed, I thought this was a really underrated signing.

They have a roster full of smart, veteran guys. Teams like that rarely stink. The bottom feeders are almost always teams full of young, "upside" guys.

DirkNowitzki41
11-21-2015, 04:24 AM
Yea, great start considering we lost monta (our best player last year especially pre-rondo) and tyson.

although i doubt we can keep this up. dirk is playing amazing and his efficiency is as good as ever, however we dont have that 2nd guy who can take pressure off of him. I worry that he will wear down.

parsons isnt really that good (coming off a scary surgery too), same with wes.. dwill and pauchilia has been great so far. but i honestly think they are playing above their usual levels. hope im wrong.

stalkerforlife
11-21-2015, 04:26 AM
Parsons back and DOING WORK, baby.

Springsteen
11-21-2015, 04:32 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51p0SPIpWJL.jpg

WorldWarriors
11-21-2015, 05:06 AM
Dirk still got it.

bdreason
11-21-2015, 05:15 AM
Call me crazy, but I think Zaza Pachulia is a big reason for their success this season. He has been beasting.

BlackWhiteGreen
11-21-2015, 05:18 AM
They've faced the easiest schedule so far, which is part of it (http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS/order/false). They were fairly impressive @Boston Wednesday night, even if I think the Celtics should have won that game. But they've also looked solid, they're full of vet players and have a good coach. Ultimately I expect them to regress towards the mean as their schedule will get tougher, and will wind up around .500.

pastis
11-21-2015, 05:23 AM
we had a very easy schedule so far and Dirk just plays too good. dirk cant play this good over the long stretch of a full season. As a 37 year old, Dirk is playing 30 min a game and played in the summer the EuroCup with germany......its unbelievable.....and then the schedule will get harder, look at the next games. spurs, okc etc. there it will rain some losses.

i dont expect anything really great from the mavs. but maybe we will reach the playoffs. Dirk will be once again completly exhausted, cause he carried the team to that 8th spot. and then pam pam pam 0:4 against the warriros.

but right now its fun to watch

Gileraracer
11-21-2015, 05:45 AM
Dirk :applause:

Cone
11-21-2015, 04:26 PM
dirk is unbelievable. 37 years of age. averaging 18.6/7 on 53/53/91 shooting. Playing only 28 mins a game too :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

sd3035
11-21-2015, 04:33 PM
because cousins is a bitchmade mental midget who will never win being the lead dog

sd3035
11-21-2015, 04:34 PM
dirk is unbelievable. 37 years of age. averaging 18.6/7 on 53/53/91 shooting. Playing only 28 mins a game too :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

intelligence and skill translate to longevity, just like Duncan

Spurs5Rings2014
11-21-2015, 05:16 PM

GOAT's gonna GOAT.

:applause:

DMAVS41
11-21-2015, 06:00 PM
Current team is kind of a fluke tbh. They are playing really well, but the offense actually hasn't been good...and the defense probably can't keep this up. Schedule has been pretty easy...though there have been some nice wins.

The real trick will be if Parsons can come back and play full minutes and play well soon. That might allow this to continue, but without that...I feel a regression is coming.

Having said that...I thought this team would win around 38 to 40 games...so what the hell do I know to begin with when it comes to this team.

Locked_Up_Tonight
11-21-2015, 06:24 PM
Current team is kind of a fluke tbh. They are playing really well, but the offense actually hasn't been good...and the defense probably can't keep this up. Schedule has been pretty easy...though there have been some nice wins.

The real trick will be if Parsons can come back and play full minutes and play well soon. That might allow this to continue, but without that...I feel a regression is coming.

Having said that...I thought this team would win around 38 to 40 games...so what the hell do I know to begin with when it comes to this team.

13th best offense, 12th best defense. Matthews has made a world of difference defensively. I see that staying at the level that it is at.... Maybe even slightly improving because of Parsons' health and less 3 PG lineups. Plus guys like Powell and Anderson will get some more time later in the year....

The offense should be better when Parsons is off of minutes restrictions.....

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-21-2015, 06:29 PM

Yes that what I'm wishing for Steph honestly. For his Game to Age really gracefully to point where he is still revered and talked about 10 years from now.

DMAVS41
11-21-2015, 06:29 PM
13th best offense, 12th best defense. Matthews has made a world of difference defensively. I see that staying at the level that it is at.... Maybe even slightly improving because of Parsons' health and less 3 PG lineups. Plus guys like Powell and Anderson will get some more time later in the year....

The offense should be better when Parsons is off of minutes restrictions.....

We had the 20th ranked offense going into last night. These things are fluid this early on...but I do expect the offense to definitely continue to improve...especially if Parsons comes back ready.

The defense is what I can't really figure out. I can't tell if it's a product of playing a pretty easy schedule and just getting a bit lucky...or Rick figuring out a way to maximize rotations within the scheme.

But, in theory, Parsons should really help once he gets right.

Locked_Up_Tonight
11-21-2015, 06:33 PM
We had the 20th ranked offense going into last night. These things are fluid this early on...but I do expect the offense to definitely continue to improve...especially if Parsons comes back ready.

The defense is what I can't really figure out. I can't tell if it's a product of playing a pretty easy schedule and just getting a bit lucky...or Rick figuring out a way to maximize rotations within the scheme.

But, in theory, Parsons should really help once he gets right.

They were actually 18th.

But the reality is the defense between Matthews and Ellis is huge. So huge that it no longer leaves Dirk and the center on an island on pick and rolls.....

DMAVS41
11-21-2015, 06:38 PM
They were actually 18th.

But the reality is the defense between Matthews and Ellis is huge. So huge that it no longer leaves Dirk and the center on an island on pick and rolls.....

I could have sworn bball reference had us at 20th going into last night, but regardless...18th makes my point. This stuff is very fluid...although...again..I expect the offense to continue to improve.

Yea...no doubt about Matthews...he fits the scheme very well.

Wally450
11-21-2015, 07:42 PM
Deron Williams was a low risk high reward signing and Raymond Felton is playing exceptionally well. Dirk can still give you decent numbers despite his age.

TheBigVeto
11-22-2015, 09:49 PM
This must be the smartest Mavs team ever. I have no idea how this team is rolling.

As long as Carlisle is coaching, they will overachieve.
As long as Dirk is playing, they have a chance.

game3524
11-22-2015, 09:52 PM
They have the second best coach in the league and their roster is loaded with smart vets.

They are essential doing a poor man's version of the Spurs of the last few years. I wouldn't be shocked if they win 55-57 games this year.

RidonKs
11-22-2015, 10:29 PM
Call me crazy, but I think Zaza Pachulia is a big reason for their success this season. He has been beasting.
came in here to say this

zaza is a beast, hugely underrated player

similar to luis scola but with a rock for a body and he plays really physical

another quality answer is jj barrea who never takes a play off

agreed with op tho this team is extremely smart

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-22-2015, 10:30 PM
Deron Williams was a low risk high reward signing and Raymond Felton is playing exceptionally well. Dirk can still give you decent numbers despite his age.
Felton is playing like shit what are u talkin bout:oldlol: :oldlol:

Smoke117
11-22-2015, 10:31 PM
Rick Carlisle. He's by far the least under appreciated head coach in the NBA.

Proctor
11-22-2015, 10:34 PM
Felton is playing like shit what are u talkin bout:oldlol: :oldlol:
No he's not :facepalm