PDA

View Full Version : Jordan stans, if you had a choice......

hateraid
11-21-2015, 03:59 PM
Would you rather:

Admit that there is a possibility that Jordan may not be the GOAT
or
Be disowned by your own family?

I'm actually living this right now. My brother is such a huge Jordan stan that he would rather not be called my brother than say Jordan may not be the greatest player of all time. And he's dead serious. He's gone as far as to block my number. :oldlol:
I thought this kind of obsession only existed on ISH with guys like 3ball and sportsjames23. I grew with one!

HenryGarfunkle
11-21-2015, 04:01 PM
In ISH terms he essentially put you on his ignore list. :oldlol:

Just goes to show there's something mentally wrong with Jordan stans.

Someone can say Jordan is better than LeBron all they want.... I'll call them a ****ing idiot and laugh, but blocking numbers and disowning family? Holy shit.... seek help 3ball :facepalm

hateraid
11-21-2015, 04:05 PM

Someone can say Jordan is better than LeBron all they want.... I'll call them a ****ing idiot and laugh, but blocking numbers and disowning family? Holy shit.... seek help 3ball :facepalm
And I'm not even joking. I challenged my bro into admitting that there is a possibility that another player could be GOAT. He literally lost it and cut off communication. Made me wonder how obsessed some of these ISHers are.

catch24
11-21-2015, 04:05 PM
Your brother blocked your number because you refuse to call Jordan "the greatest", and he won't call him anything other than "the greatest"?

Don't take this the wrong way....but....does your family have a history of mental problems?

Straight_Ballin
11-21-2015, 04:11 PM
Would you rather:

Admit that there is a possibility that Jordan may not be the GOAT
or
Be disowned by your own family?

I'm actually living this right now. My brother is such a huge Jordan stan that he would rather not be called my brother than say Jordan may not be the greatest player of all time. And he's dead serious. He's gone as far as to block my number. :oldlol:
I thought this kind of obsession only existed on ISH with guys like 3ball and sportsjames23. I grew with one!

So your older brother who knows more about basketball than you and has seen Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, and Curry play is telling you Jordan is GOAT and you won't believe even your own brother? :wtf:

HenryGarfunkle
11-21-2015, 04:13 PM
And I'm not even joking. I challenged my bro into admitting that there is a possibility that another player could be GOAT. He literally lost it and cut off communication. Made me wonder how obsessed some of these ISHers are.
My condolences man

Finding out your brother is an insane Jordan stan is basically like losing him forever.

It's like your mom coming home one day and saying "I have terrible news.... your brother has AIDS"

You should honestly think about beating his ass. The only cure for 3ball disease is a good old fashioned beatdown. Bully the insanity out of him like we do with 3ball on here, though 3ball has a terminal case it can still be managed with consistent bullying.

ArbitraryWater
11-21-2015, 04:14 PM
First your cousin now your brother :biggums:

They dont deserve you, bruh :lol

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-21-2015, 04:18 PM
Does your brother have an account here? Quick run and go check his computer history and pray that he isn't 3Ball or any of the mentally unstable 90's stans.

Young X
11-21-2015, 04:19 PM
Michael Jeffrey Jordan being the GOAT isn't an opinion it's a FACT.

catch24
11-21-2015, 04:20 PM

:oldlol:

It's far from a fact. He's debatable with at least 2 other players.

Straight_Ballin
11-21-2015, 04:26 PM
:oldlol:

It's far from a fact. He's debatable with at least 2 other players.

Yes, KAJ and Wilt, but the majority picks Jordan as GOAT.

And Lebron isn't one of them so brace yourself for the additional tears from the letard stands. They are filling buckets right now with all the curry hype so this fact might just push them over the edge.

hateraid
11-21-2015, 04:27 PM
Your brother blocked your number because you refuse to call Jordan "the greatest", and he won't call him anything other than "the greatest"?

Don't take this the wrong way....but....does your family have a history of mental problems?
I'm beginning to wonder :lol
Well I have 2 other brothers and a sister. So this is salvageable.

Legends66NBA7
11-21-2015, 04:27 PM
I've never cared for my family's opinion on sports on matters like that because its always casual stuff.

Fanatics don't surprise me though.

hateraid
11-21-2015, 04:29 PM
So your older brother who knows more about basketball than you and has seen Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, and Curry play is telling you Jordan is GOAT and you won't believe even your own brother? :wtf:
I'm the oldest brother. Nice try.

Can I have a blood sample? I'm beginning to think my brother is adopted and is actually your brother

hateraid
11-21-2015, 04:30 PM
Yes, KAJ and Wilt, but the majority picks Jordan as GOAT.

And Lebron isn't one of them so brace yourself for the additional tears from the letard stands. They are filling buckets right now with all the curry hype so this fact might just push them over the edge.

Textbook response. Yep, I think he's your long lost brother :lol

hateraid
11-21-2015, 04:33 PM
Does your brother have an account here? Quick run and go check his computer history and pray that he isn't 3Ball or any of the mentally unstable 90's stans.
I'm afraid to go by his house. If he's unstable enough to cut off communication it may drive him to be physcotic. I'm not taking that risk

hateraid
11-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Clint, is that you? Mom is worried. You can come home now. Mom will admit Jordan is the GOAT *wink*

kennethgriffin
11-21-2015, 04:35 PM
there is a strong case that jordan isnt goat

but by majority opinion there isnt much of one because hes by far the most popular guy out of the 3 candidates

if kobe / lebron had russell and jabbars resumes then there would be a real debate

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-21-2015, 04:44 PM

but by majority opinion there isnt much of one because hes by far the most popular guy out of the 3 candidates

if kobe / lebron had russell and jabbars resumes then there would be a real debate

I wouldn't consider Russell he did it in a weak Era. Also defense seems to be under appreciated and more offensive minded players with the great stats are more glorified.

warriorfan
11-21-2015, 04:53 PM

http://s2.postimg.org/hj6xycg21/nicelife.png

stalkerforlife
11-21-2015, 04:55 PM
Anyone that denies Jordan being the GOAT is a liar and liars don't deserve your time.

Sarcastic
11-21-2015, 05:06 PM
OP's family also believes the earth is flat.

Props to your brother for sticking up for the truth and science.

Naero
11-21-2015, 05:09 PM
Kareem, Wilt, and possibly Bill Russell are really the only players in NBA history that have the impactful workmanship and resumes to have a serious conversation against Michael Jordan's GOAT status, but far too many fans are ahistorical to even respect their accomplishments just because they played in a "watered down" era that there isn't much solidarity on that notion.

The notion that you can simply time-travel players into "weaker" eras and expect them to perform up to par is very simplistic thinking, and it's analogous to traveling back into time with a modern-time weapon; that weapon would get the upper hand over everyone else because they would be bewildered as to how to counteract it, but the weapon's wielder would be just as vulnerable if they had to grow up in an era where they wouldn't have the foresight to defend themselves against it. It's why I respect players who managed to transcend their contemporaries and dominate their eras, because only theorism can paint the picture on how they'd supposedly excel or founder in other eras, as it's a complex theory to make with all the variables that factor into how they'd situationally perform.

Maybe LeBron would be knocking on that door if he had dominated the league from the outset at the same level Jordan did--especially in the playoffs and finals. He didn't however, and his weak-minded mentality at times had much to do with that; that's why I, among many others, have already written him off a while ago. I already have him in my top-10 list, and I expect him to move up, but not anymore than the top-5 cusp--behind Jordan, Kareem, Wilt, and Russell.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-21-2015, 05:11 PM
Nothing is ever 100% Certain and True. There are too many factors that should be taken into account for who is GOAT and who is NOT. For Example Lebeta will most likely not be considered GOAT because he is a perrenial choker. Other candidates on the other hand have great arguments this cannot be discounted.

Would Jordan even be considered a Goat if he never met Scottie Pippen?

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-21-2015, 05:13 PM
Kareem, Wilt, and possibly Bill Russell are really the only players in NBA history that have the impactful workmanship and resumes to have a serious conversation against Michael Jordan's GOAT status, but far too many fans are ahistorical to even respect their accomplishments just because they played in a "watered down" era that there isn't much solidarity on that notion.

The notion that you can simply time-travel players into "weaker" eras and expect them to perform up to par is very simplistic thinking, and it's analogous to traveling back into time with a modern-time weapon; that weapon would get the upper hand over everyone else because they would be bewildered as to how to counteract it, but the weapon's wielder would be just as vulnerable if they had to grow up in an era where they wouldn't have the foresight to defend themselves against it. It's why I respect players who managed to transcend their contemporaries and dominate their eras, because only theorism can paint the picture on how they'd supposedly excel or founder in other eras, as it's a complex theory to make with all the variables that factor into how they'd situationally perform.

Maybe LeBron would be knocking on that door if he had dominated the league from the outset at the same level Jordan did--especially in the playoffs and finals. He didn't however, and his weak-minded mentality at times had much to do with that; that's why I, among many others, have already written him off a while ago. I already have him in my top-10 list, and I expect him to move up, but not anymore than the top-5 cusp--behind Jordan, Kareem, Wilt, and Russell.

No need to be so verbose and use such bombastic vocabulary this isn't real GM.

warriorfan
11-21-2015, 05:16 PM
No need to be so verbose and use such bombastic vocabulary this isn't real GM.

if it was realgm there would be 10 pages of excel spreadsheets embedded into the post to try and tell us that Kevin Garnett is the true GOAT

SouBeachTalents
11-21-2015, 05:18 PM

You try WAY too hard to make your posts sound intelligent

ClipperRevival
11-21-2015, 05:43 PM
I feel sorry for the kids who never saw MJ play live. They just don't know. If they did, they would just accept reality that he is the GOAT. You see what Curry is doing now? MJ did that for almost his entire career. I'll turn it back over to the kids and let them argue about Lebron/Kobe.

Straight_Ballin
11-21-2015, 05:48 PM
I feel sorry for the kids who never saw MJ play live. They just don't know. If they did, they would just accept reality that he is the GOAT. You see what Curry is doing now? MJ did that for almost his entire career. I'll turn it back over to the kids and let them argue about Lebron/Kobe.

Let them believe what they want to believe. Doesn't mean that it's factual or accurate but like I said, ignorance is bliss.

ClipperRevival
11-21-2015, 05:58 PM
Let them believe what they want to believe. Doesn't mean that it's factual or accurate but like I said, ignorance is bliss.

It's funny because 99% of players who watched MJ and the current era play choose MJ as the GOAT. Same with the fans. Is there some conspiracy to prop up MJ to be better than he actually was or was he just the truth? And yeah, how can you judge a player if you never saw him?

Spurs m8
11-21-2015, 06:00 PM
**** this thread is stupid lol

Do you morons realize you don't have to be a Stan to realize he's the GOAT?

I'm a spurs and kawhi stan....**** the Bulls and **** Jordan.

Hes still GOAT tho...hands down.

hateraid
11-21-2015, 06:00 PM

Bro, I'm 38. You can probably relate more with my son than with me. I'm old enough to have witnessed Magic and Bird's career. Can I say the same ignorance about you? Can you accept the reality that they could have been better?
Don't use age as leverage. Most older more mature and wiser NBA historians would argue otherwise.

Cocaine80s
11-21-2015, 06:02 PM
Jordan is overrated as ****

Im 62 and have watched his entire career, as well as Wilts

Both do not belong in the discussion of greatest of all time

hateraid
11-21-2015, 06:04 PM
**** this thread is stupid lol

Do you morons realize you don't have to be a Stan to realize he's the GOAT?

I'm a spurs and kawhi stan....**** the Bulls and **** Jordan.

Hes still GOAT tho...hands down.
You don't have to be a stan, but if claim this to be fact and definitive, then that makes you ignorant. Nobody is denying your opinion. It's just that guys like you are too subjective that it makes you delusional. For someone to go as far as to disown their own family?

Only Jordan stans :facepalm

TheImmortal
11-21-2015, 06:06 PM

Very true.. Kobe sitting on 6 titles, all-time points scored, 6 regular season mvp's and his aforementioned popularity and fanbase would put him right there with MJ globally. This is just how the world works. One of many reasons why Duncan has no shot over Kobe.

hateraid
11-21-2015, 06:07 PM
It's funny because 99% of players who watched MJ and the current era play choose MJ as the GOAT. Same with the fans. Is there some conspiracy to prop up MJ to be better than he actually was or was he just the truth? And yeah, how can you judge a player if you never saw him?
There have been many NBA legends who say otherwise. It's just that obsessed fans like you dismiss their statements and call them delusional. Saying MJ is the GOAT is the politically correct thing to say. That's why when NBA players say otherwise they have to retract the statement so that their reputations don't get tarnished.

You guys see opinions like buffets. Only pick at the ones you like and ignore the rest of the buffet table.

FKAri
11-21-2015, 06:20 PM
Imma just copy past this rant from before because it fits:

I'm sorry but Bill fking Russell has a GOAT case? Are you fkin retarded?

This nigguh has been a great politician and an all round uncle tom. Notice how the NBA squeezes his ass into every retro promo. While he was suckin mngmt and corporate d1ck, Wilt was gettin his own d1ck sucked by 10,000 imaginary girls. "Biggest Winner" yet can you name the guys who have 10 or 8 rings? Have you ever even heard the name Tom Sanders? Is he even in your top 300? But Bill Russell is top 5? Russel was the 4th-6th option on his team's offense.

Bill Russell has 0 argument for being the GOAT. I don't care how good you are on defense but this dude was worse than Bismack Biyombo on offense (well not literally). Even relative to his time (and you've all seen the Wilt era higlights) this guy was considered to have bad touch. Think about what that means. Even in that shit era he had bad touch for a fkin big man. Inconceivable Jan Vesely-esque touch.

Go google/youtube bill russell offensive highlights and you'll find footage that is basically a block compilation with a handful of dunks.

To his credit: he was a high IQ player and knew how to camp the paint and either dunk it or pass it to the right guy. Also, he was smart enough to absorb Red's coaching. His coach was way ahead of the game on the defensive end and tactically.

End of the day: nigguh ain't close to GOAT. He's the big man version of Andre Igoudala. A very good player who happened to play for a coach that made other coaches look like pool lifeguards.

Psileas
11-21-2015, 06:21 PM
Given the current status of ISH, it's pretty weird that the ΟP was the sibling that ended up here...

Btw, does your brother have a top 10 list? Does it include any player older than Bird?

SouBeachTalents
11-21-2015, 06:26 PM
Imma just copy past this rant from before because it fits:

Russell was not nearly as bad on offense as you claim. Was he great? No, but in his peak he was averaging 20 ppg & 5 assists in the playoffs/Finals. It's not like dude was Rodman/Ben Wallace on offense. Factoring in he was an all time great defender and was the best player on arguably 9 of his 11 titles, it certainly wouldn't be ridiculous to say he had an argument for GOAT. If DPOY/Finals MVP existed he'd have a resume of roughly

5 MVP's, 7 Finals MVP's, 11 DPOY

That has NO argument for GOAT?

FKAri
11-21-2015, 06:27 PM
Russell was not nearly as bad on offense as you claim. Was he great? No, but in his peak he was averaging 20 ppg & 5 assists in the playoffs/Finals. It's not like dude was Rodman/Ben Wallace on offense. Factoring in he was an all time great defender and was the best player on arguably 9 of his 11 titles, it certainly wouldn't be ridiculous to say he had an argument for GOAT. If DPOY/Finals MVP existed he'd have a resume of roughly

5 MVP's, 7 Finals MVP's, 11 DPOY

That has NO argument for GOAT?

Where is George Mikan on your list? Where are Russell's teammates on your list? How far are we going to take the "credit the star" method?

SouBeachTalents
11-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Where is George Mikan on your list? Where are Russell's teammates on your list? How far are we going to take the "credit the star" method?

I don't rank anyone pre shot clock era, I start mine from the shot clock era on with the emergence of the likes or Russell & Wilt etc, so I don't have Mikan ranked. As for his teammates, I have Hondo roughly top 20-25, and Cousy somewhere in the top 30-40, and wouldn't really have a ranking for his other teammates. That's not to say he didn't play on by far the most talented team of his era, and had the most consistently stacked roster out of any top 10 player in history.

Where do you rank Russell?

hateraid
11-21-2015, 06:50 PM
Given the current status of ISH, it's pretty weird that the ΟP was the sibling that ended up here...
Is this a good thing or a bad thing? :lol

Btw, does your brother have a top 10 list? Does it include any player older than Bird?
He reverts to a default list which he can't contribute any context. He was born in '84 so he was around 10-14 when the Bulls were relevant. He's got the typical attributes of a Jordan stan. Hates Lebron. Fails to associate with Jordan's failures. Cannot contribute towards any discussion about the 80's and claims those championship teams were unfairly stacked.
Yeah, he'd fit right in here :oldlol:

FKAri
11-21-2015, 06:59 PM
I don't rank anyone pre shot clock era, I start mine from the shot clock era on with the emergence of the likes or Russell & Wilt etc, so I don't have Mikan ranked. As for his teammates, I have Hondo roughly top 20-25, and Cousy somewhere in the top 30-40, and wouldn't really have a ranking for his other teammates. That's not to say he didn't play on by far the most talented team of his era, and had the most consistently stacked roster out of any top 10 player in history.

Where do you rank Russell?

It is extremely difficult to rank him because his position will fluctuate wildly based on criteria. If I use the "well if he came up in this era" or "time-travel in his peak" he wouldn't fair well. I think a guy like Wilt would be several tiers above him.

If I go with "dominance relative to his era" he would do much better. This is usually a much better way to rank players across eras but in the case of Russell(and there are others too) it gives him an unfair advantage. He gets to claim the benefits of his coach, a system the rest of the league couldn't deal with, a talented roster, and a league of 8 teams.