PDA

View Full Version : in light of Curry's play these last 3 years, how will CP3 be remembered?

STATUTORY
11-22-2015, 03:56 PM
does Curry's play and most importantly playoff achievements reflect poorly and highlight CP3's postseason futility? just 3 years ago I think CP3 might have been the near consensus choice for best PG of this era, but now it feels like Steph has literally changed the way we think about the PG position and has effectively eclipsed Chris Paul.

Will CP3 be remembered in history?

Nuff Said
11-22-2015, 03:59 PM
Cp3 showed he can still hold his own with his amazing play their last match up. I don't think he's erased quite just yet. He's a beast in my book and peak for peak I still take cp3.

FKAri
11-22-2015, 04:03 PM
He'll be remembered as the best PG between Nash's MVP seasons and Curry's MVP seasons. That's almost 10 years as the best PG in the L. :confusedshrug:

Young X
11-22-2015, 04:28 PM
Unless he becomes apart of a championship team he will be forgotten. Curry has nothing to do with it.

He's made numerous All-NBA and defensive 1st teams, led the league in multiple categories, been top 5 in MVP voting but the one thing that hurts him is the lack of historical relevance of his teams. None of the teams he's been on have seriously threatened to win a championship and the Pelicans/Hornets and Clippers are 2 of the least successful franchises in league history with small fanbases.

That's why winning a championship would be sooo important for his legacy. He would go from a regular forgotten all-star to an all-time great literally overnight. The narrative on him will completely change instantly, we've seen this with other greats in the past 5 years.

Nothing he does individually going forward matters. He just needs to win a ring and it likely won't happen unfortunately.

Teanett
11-22-2015, 04:34 PM
great point guard,
a tier below Iverson, Payton and Kidd

dhsilv
11-22-2015, 04:37 PM
Unless he becomes apart of a championship team he will be forgotten. Curry has nothing to do with it.

He's made numerous All-NBA and defensive 1st teams, led the league in multiple categories, been top 5 in MVP voting but the one thing that hurts him is the lack of historical relevance of his teams. None of the teams he's been on have seriously threatened to win a championship and the Pelicans/Hornets and Clippers are 2 of the least successful franchises in league history with small fanbases.

That's why winning a championship would be sooo important for his legacy. He would go from a regular forgotten all-star to an all-time great literally overnight. The narrative on him will completely change instantly, we've seen this with other greats in the past 5 years.

Nothing he does individually going forward matters. He just needs to win a ring and it likely won't happen unfortunately.

Neither Payton nor Stockton were forgotten. Neither were leaders on a title winner.

Paul is/was one of the best point guards of all time. He'll be remembered, but he'll be more of a Charlies Barkley type who's greatness will be diminished by his failures to win.

Young X
11-22-2015, 04:38 PM
great point guard,
a tier below Iverson, Payton and KiddSee, there's no logical argument you can come up with that supports this. The only thing you can say is they've been on teams that went deeper in the playoffs and won championships (Payton and Kidd).

I don't care what anybody says, CP3 is a flat out better player than any of those guys.

Hopper15
11-22-2015, 04:43 PM
Neither Payton nor Stockton were forgotten. Neither were leaders on a title winner.

Paul is/was one of the best point guards of all time. He'll be remembered, but he'll be more of a Charlies Barkley type who's greatness will be diminished by his failures to win.

Atleast those two got to the finals. Paul can't lead a team past the second round. That's much worse for his legacy.

Young X
11-22-2015, 04:53 PM

Paul is/was one of the best point guards of all time. He'll be remembered, but he'll be more of a Charlies Barkley type who's greatness will be diminished by his failures to win.Couple things...

Stockton didn't play in the social media age. His failures and shortcomings aren't documented or talked about at all.

Same thing with Oscar Robertson. Oscar's playoff success was even WORSE than CP3's. He won 2 series total as the leader of his team in his first 10 seasons but no one knows about that. He wouldn't be as respected as he is if he played in this era where everything players do get picked apart.

Stockton also played on historically relevant teams. The Jazz went to the conference finals 5 times iirc and battled Jordan's Bulls twice. That alone would make him remembered in history.

Same thing with Payton. He has '96 when the Sonics went to the finals and battled the Bulls. His playoff "failures" are way worse than Paul's but they're forgotten because of 1996 and his title on the Heat.

What does Paul have? A bunch of early playoff exits on 2 of the least successful and least popular franchises in history.

How well CP3 plays basketball has 0% relevance on his legacy at this point of his career. It's 100% about playoff victories.

dhsilv
11-22-2015, 04:56 PM
I'd guess most people couldn't tell you payton won a ring. I was actually trying to remember if he got one on the heat or not when I posted. I was pretty much 50:50.

The thing with social media is people don't remember things a month after the fact. Paul's stats will be things of legend in 20 years much like Oscar's. I'll wage that advanced analytics are just going to find more and more that Paul is great, all time great. His play is without a doubt about as good as anyone ever.

Naero
11-22-2015, 04:58 PM
He will be remembered as one of the best Poit Guarda of his era, but historians don't strictly judge one's ability; they also appraise how well that ability was tapped into in order to amass the accomplishments that truly etch them as a legend. Sadly, Chris Paul simply lacks the hardware to truly dazzle himself among his contemporaries in this golden era of Point Guards.

He has no MVPs, despite he his peak from '07-'09 would invariably merit it if he had led a top-seeded team. He lost his best chance in 2008 to Kobe, as the latter finally led his team to the 50-win mark - a customary formality that was missing from him on previous MVP-deserving season - and he simply lacked the coaching staff, supporting cast, and collective health on his team to win 50-plus games in 2009; that automatically disqualified most players from even being a serious part of the conversation.

Depending on if Curry & co. can stay motivated next season even after defeating a healthy Cavaliers team in the finals (if they even rematch), he can easily 3-peat the MVP awardeeships and championships he's leading his team to, so the door may already be closen for Paul to collect any truly enviable accolades before he leaves his prime--only more All-NBA and All-Defensive teams selections, which help keep his present reputation afloat without truly tipping the scales with his legacy and really only end up as footnotes on an ATG's resumes.

IGOTGAME
11-22-2015, 05:03 PM
Chris Paul got hurt and lost a bit of what made him great.

It's not like peak pre-injury CP3 couldnt have lead that GSW team to a title.

DaOldLion
11-22-2015, 05:19 PM
ITT is the same old story with Paul and his stans who trivialize championships as if its something a magic fairy hands out at the end of the season which individual players have no say over..

He doesn't have enough help, coach isn't good enough blah blah blah.. just stfu already.. Kidd took Byron to the finals twice with no all stars beside him.. Doc has won a championship without Paul

The Hornets had talents, West was an all star..they should have made the WCF in 09 if Paul was as good as his fans believe, same for 08, they lost to a team who lost to a team who lost to another team, so i don't want to hear about the competition that year. The Clippers have been stacked the past few years, there was no reason for them to lose to the Rockets and they are loaded again this year.

DJ is always leading the league in rebounds in in talks for DPOY, BG is arguably as good or better than Paul, J Craw is a consistent 6 MOTY candidate, JJ is ridiculous from outside, PP and Smith both contributed to playoff teams in a big way last year

swagga
11-22-2015, 05:24 PM
ITT is the same old story with Paul and his stans who trivialize championships as if its something a magic fairy hands out at the end of the season which individual players have no say over..

He doesn't have enough help, coach isn't good enough blah blah blah.. just stfu already.. Kidd took Byron to the finals twice with no all stars beside him.. Doc has won a championship without Paul

The Hornets had talents, West was an all star..they should have made the WCF in 09 if Paul was as good as his fans believe, same for 08, they lost to a team who lost to a team who lost to another team, so i don't want to hear about the competition that year. The Clippers have been stacked the past few years, there was no reason for them to lose to the Rockets and they are loaded again this year.

DJ is always leading the league in rebounds in in talks for DPOY, BG is arguably as good or better than Paul, J Craw is a consistent 6 MOTY candidate, JJ is ridiculous from outside, PP and Smith both contributed to playoff teams in a big way last year

lol tom rivers is an overrated scrub. I'm gonna tell you something son: You give cp3 a team with ray allen, paul pierce and kevin garnett and lebron is not making the finals in 11 and 12. It's that easy.

You give carlisle or pop that clippers roster for a season and they would be SMOCKING the soft warriors. These dumbass clippers don't need motivation, they need a real coach to put their monkey asses in a good position to execute and not think.

Monta Ellis MVP
As some of you may already know I am a Die Hard Pacers fan but I also follow the Cavaliers as well. CP3 is going to go down as an elite regular season point guard that was plagued with many post season chokes. As a fan I have seen quite a few post season chokes so I definitely know what I am talking about.

DMAVS41

He will not be forgotten. You continuously under-rate how people view Paul. He is going to go down as one of the best point guards ever...even for people that think he should have done better in the playoffs up to this point.

He'll be no more forgotten than some of the best players ever.

Hell, plenty of people I know that don't even follow basketball know who he is and assume he's one of the best players just from his Cliff Paul commercials. People loved those...

TheImmortal
11-22-2015, 05:28 PM
He is probably the most overrated player in NBA history.. dude can't get it done when it counts most. Replace Chris Paul on the current Warriors and they don't win shit. Absolute cancer and a flopping POS.

STATUTORY
11-22-2015, 05:28 PM
No doubt CP3 has put up good regular season stats but there's something missing from his career. He has no special moments and nothing aesthetically memorable about his game. Kids are gonna be watching Steph highlights for decades and trying to be Steph while the things CP3 will be mostly known for is Cliff Paul and 60 point beatdown on his homecourt in his prime.

Young X
11-22-2015, 06:03 PM
He will not be forgotten. You continuously under-rate how people view Paul. He is going to go down as one of the best point guards ever...even for people that think he should have done better in the playoffs up to this point.

He'll be no more forgotten than some of the best players ever.

Hell, plenty of people I know that don't even follow basketball know who he is and assume he's one of the best players just from his Cliff Paul commercials. People loved those...He doesn't have a ring and none if his teams have threatened to win a title. No MVP award either.

He's played for the Clippers and Hornets. 2 franchises without any historical significance whatsoever and with small fanbases. He also hasn't played with any legendary/HOF teammates.

Amongst people like you and me he will be remembered but amongst the general public what is there to be remembered? His name hasn't been stamped in NBA history.

Look at Dominique Wilkins for example. He had similar playoff success to CP3, no conference finals/finals appearances and he also never won an MVP. Because of this, you rarely see people talk about how great he was as a player, people just remember him for his dunks and his competition with MJ and Bird. Which is still more than CP3.

I believe if CP3 doesn't win a championship at any point of his career he will have the biggest disparity between how great he really was vs. how people perceive him out of any player. That's why it's so important for him to win one.

Nick Young
11-22-2015, 06:08 PM
CP3 will be remembered as Steve Nash who wasn't quite as good as Steve Nash.

DMAVS41
11-22-2015, 06:17 PM
He doesn't have a ring and none if his teams have threatened to win a title. No MVP award either.

He's played for the Clippers and Hornets. 2 franchises without any historical significance whatsoever and with small fanbases. He also hasn't played with any legendary/HOF teammates.

Amongst people like you and me he will be remembered but amongst the general public what is there to be remembered? His name hasn't been stamped in NBA history.

Look at Dominique Wilkins for example. He had similar playoff success to CP3, no conference finals/finals appearances and he also never won an MVP. Because of this, you rarely see people talk about how great he was as a player, people just remember him for his dunks and his competition with MJ and Bird. Which is still more than CP3.

I believe if CP3 doesn't win a championship at any point of his career he will have the biggest disparity between how great he really was vs. how people perceive him out of any player. That's why it's so important for him to win one.

You think Jason Kidd was going to be forgotten if he didn't win a title in 11?

It depends who you are talking about. If it's the average sports fan...then yea...because half of them don't even know much about Paul at all...although, again, he's a very visible player even to non fans.

But real basketball fans? They aren't forgetting about Stockton, Malone, Barkley, Paul, Nique...etc.

Unless you want Paul mentioned with the likes of Magic...I just don't see the issue.

Nick Young
11-22-2015, 06:18 PM
It is sad that Stockton never won a title.

game3524
11-22-2015, 06:26 PM
He will be a forgotten and it is not just from the lack of post-season success. There is just nothing CP3 does that gives him his own basketball identity. I mean Kidd will be remembered for his passing, GP for the trash-talking and defense, Curry and Nash for shooting, Iverson for scoring etc.

What does CP have, great advance stats.:oldlol:

He is one of the best PGs I have ever seen.....but he is just not a memorable player.

Young X
11-22-2015, 06:27 PM
You think Jason Kidd was going to be forgotten if he didn't win a title in 11?

It depends who you are talking about. If it's the average sports fan...then yea...because half of them don't even know much about Paul at all...although, again, he's a very visible player even to non fans.

But real basketball fans? They aren't forgetting about Stockton, Malone, Barkley, Paul, Nique...etc.

Unless you want Paul mentioned with the likes of Magic...I just don't see the issue.Jason Kidd was on a Nets team that went to the finals 2 years in a row and they battled Shaq/Kobe's Lakers and Duncan's Spurs. That alone right there meant he wouldn't be forgotten, ring or not. Because of that, he became a footnote (idk if that's the right word) in the history of the league.

Real basketball fans won't forget about Paul but he'll still be an afterthought and definitely forgotten amongst the general public. With the level he's played at for the past 8+ years that's a shame. And unfair.

DMAVS41
11-22-2015, 06:31 PM
Jason Kidd was on a Nets team that went to the finals 2 years in a row and they battled Shaq/Kobe's Lakers and Duncan's Spurs. That alone right there meant he wouldn't be forgotten, ring or not. Because of that, he became a footnote (idk if that's the right word) in the history of the league.

Real basketball fans won't forget about Paul but he'll still be an afterthought and definitely forgotten amongst the general public. With the level he's played at for the past 8+ years that's a shame.

I really think you over-rate those Nets finals...nobody was watching that Spurs/Nets finals for starters, and the people watching the Lakers/Nets finals were only watching the Lakers.

Casual fans will remember Paul before they will Kidd. Paul has been exposed way more on the Clippers than Kidd ever was in his career.

I really just don't think there is this vast under-rating of Paul. He's been a great player...and outside of people just trolling...everyone thinks this.

The truth is...we just haven't seen Paul impact the league enough to warrant the kind of status you seem like you want for him. He's not as good of a player as a guy like Wade or Durant or Kobe or Curry (now)...etc. So he shouldn't be known like them.

But he's definitely in that next tier of star and seems like he'll be remembered exactly what he was...

Nick Young
11-22-2015, 06:33 PM
Kidd>>>>>>CP3

PsychoBe
11-22-2015, 06:38 PM
He will be a forgotten and it is not just from the lack of post-season success. There is just nothing CP3 does that gives him his own basketball identity. I mean Kidd will be remembered for his passing, GP for the trash-talking and defense, Curry and Nash for shooting, Iverson for scoring etc.

He is one of the best PGs I have ever seen.....but he is just not a memorable player.

this.

every time someone brings up paul all they do is say "look at his stats" or some bs. nobody cares about that. j-kidd got triple-doubles so what. even rondo will be much more of a memorable player than cp3.

houston
11-22-2015, 06:39 PM
Chris Paul is a top 10 all-time great PG's. That how he will be remembered.

dhsilv
11-22-2015, 07:27 PM

best run half court offense by a point guard ever? That's what I'll remember at least. He's otherworldly when locked in. Plus those lobs to chandler back in the day, just sick.

Young X
11-22-2015, 07:27 PM
I really think you over-rate those Nets finals...nobody was watching that Spurs/Nets finals for starters, and the people watching the Lakers/Nets finals were only watching the Lakers.

Casual fans will remember Paul before they will Kidd. Paul has been exposed way more on the Clippers than Kidd ever was in his career.

I really just don't think there is this vast under-rating of Paul. He's been a great player...and outside of people just trolling...everyone thinks this.

The truth is...we just haven't seen Paul impact the league enough to warrant the kind of status you seem like you want for him. He's not as good of a player as a guy like Wade or Durant or Kobe or Curry (now)...etc. So he shouldn't be known like them.

But he's definitely in that next tier of star and seems like he'll be remembered exactly what he was...What does he have on his resume as important as those Nets teams getting to the finals back to back? Or being a contributing part of a championship team?

What is there for people to remember compared to some of the guys mentioned in this thread?

If you can't see that Chris Paul is underrated by the majority of basketball fans then I don't know what to tell you.

I remember last season there were many people who actually thought Lillard and Thompson should've made the AS team over him. Like that was a commonly accepted opinion at the time. That's being underrated.

dhsilv
11-22-2015, 07:28 PM

But he's definitely in that next tier of star and seems like he'll be remembered exactly what he was...

08 09 before the injury, paul was every bit on those other guy's level. Sadly he had a weak team and injuries happened.

DMAVS41
11-22-2015, 07:31 PM
08 09 before the injury, paul was every bit on those other guy's level. Sadly he had a weak team and injuries happened.

I love paul, but I disagree...he wasn't on the level of peak Kobe or Wade.

Heavincent
11-22-2015, 07:33 PM

This is how I look at it.

He'll be remembered as a really good perennial all star...because that's what he was. Nothing more, nothing less.

STATUTORY
11-22-2015, 07:36 PM
Chris Paul is not an iconic player, no positive memoralbe playoff moments, no signature moves that will inspire imitators.

The juxtaposition with Steph's emergence has really highlighted just how empty Chris Paul's entire career is

DMAVS41
11-22-2015, 07:37 PM
What does he have on his resume as important as those Nets teams getting to the finals back to back? Or being a contributing part of a championship team?

What is there for people to remember compared to some of the guys mentioned in this thread?

If you can't see that Chris Paul is underrated by the majority of basketball fans then I don't know what to tell you.

I remember last season there were many people who actually thought Lillard and Thompson should've made the AS team over him. Like that was a commonly accepted opinion at the time. That's being underrated.

News flash...some people are stupid. Some smart people say stupid things.

I don't see Paul as under-rated by the majority of basketball fans. Yea, he's under-rated if you guys think he's should be on the level of Kobe and Wade and Durant....like the above poster, but he's not vastly under-rated if people put him up there with just about every point other than Magic.

Plenty of fans check 538 all the time...in fact, almost every sports fan I know goes to 538 daily and follows Nate Silver on twitter. And they just put out this;

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/chris-paul-is-a-point-god/

He's not as poorly thought of as you think.

But again, you have to earn some things...he's not going to be thought of as highly as you want him to until he does some truly memorable stuff deep in the playoffs...or at least in the 2nd round.

You think that is unfair. Others don't. Regardless of who is right...Paul isn't gonna jump levels until he does the kind of things that other players above him have already done.

Young X
11-22-2015, 07:59 PM
This is how I look at it.

He'll be remembered as a really good perennial all star...because that's what he was. Nothing more, nothing less.This dude is an example of the type of fan I'm talking about.

CP3 is more than simply a good perennial all-star. A really good perennial all-star is Mitch Richmond or Joe Johnson or something. Tim Hardaway, etc.

This is a player who's been a top 5 caliber player for 8 years now. 3rd all time in assists behind Magic and Stockton, 4 All-NBA 1st teams, 5 Defensive 1st teams, etc.

He's put up some up the best numbers not only for a PG but guards in general in the regular season and the playoffs.

He's turned around one of the worst franchise in sports history.

CP3 narrowly lost MVP to Kobe in maybe his best season while putting up better numbers and leading a team to one less win. There are people still to this day who say he should've won over Kobe.

He's more than just a really good player, but he won't be remembered as such if he doesn't win a championship.

AirTupac
11-22-2015, 08:02 PM
A choker. A loser. A player that has always been owned by Deron.

Heavincent
11-22-2015, 08:05 PM
This dude is an example of the type of fan I'm talking about.

CP3 is more than simply a good perennial all-star. A really good perennial all-star is Mitch Richmond or Joe Johnson or something. Tim Hardaway, etc.

This is a player who's been a top 5 caliber player for 8 years now. 3rd all time in assists behind Magic and Stockton, 4 All-NBA 1st teams, 5 Defensive 1st teams, etc.

He's put up some up the best numbers not only for a PG but guards in general in the regular season and the playoffs.

CP3 narrowly lost MVP to Kobe in maybe his best season while putting up better numbers and leading a team to one less win. There are people still to this day who say he should've won over Kobe.

He's more than just a really good player, but he won't be remembered as such if he doesn't win a championship.

He has nothing else on his resume besides being an all star :confusedshrug: no deep playoff runs, no MVPs even though he has played on good teams.

I don't understand why CP3 fanboys get butthurt just because people don't put him in the same tier as Kobe, Lebron, Dirk, Duncan, and now Curry. It's not hate, he's just not as good as those guys. Sorry.

ArbitraryWater
11-22-2015, 08:09 PM
He has nothing else on his resume besides being an all star :confusedshrug: no deep playoff runs, no MVPs even though he has played on good teams.

I don't understand why CP3 fanboys get butthurt just because people don't put him in the same tier as Kobe, Lebron, Dirk, Duncan, and now Curry. It's not hate, he's just not as good as those guys. Sorry.

He is top 35 all time though. And honestly, probably higher, I don't think he's a worse player than Isiah Thomas :confusedshrug:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-22-2015, 08:11 PM
He is top 35 all time though. And honestly, probably higher, I don't think he's a worse player than Isiah Thomas :confusedshrug:

Isiah Thomas is a really good comparison actually.

Fantastic player, superstar caliber no question, but NOT quite on the level of the MJ's, Kobe's, Magic's, Bird's, LeBron's, Curry's and Durant's of the league.

I say that as someone who appreciates what he has brought to the franchise. You could argue dude nearly single-handedly made the Clippers relevant.

DMAVS41
11-22-2015, 08:15 PM
This dude is an example of the type of fan I'm talking about.

I don't know...you'd have to ask him what he actually means by that. If he thinks Paul wasn't better than Mitch or JJ...then he's dead wrong.

Perennial all star can mean a lot of things though....that is what Paul has been. If he's saying as you are taking...then I agree with you. If he's saying it to separate him from the true best players of this era...then I agree with him.

game3524
11-22-2015, 08:17 PM

Fantastic player, superstar caliber no question, but NOT quite on the level of the MJ's, Kobe's, Magic's, Bird's, LeBron's, Curry's and Durant's of the league.

I say that as someone who appreciates what he has brought to the franchise. You could argue dude nearly single-handedly made the Clippers relevant.

In playing style maybe, but not in terms of legacy.

Isiah was the face of the most hated professional sports team of the 1980s. CP can't touch that.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-22-2015, 08:19 PM
In playing style maybe, but not in terms of legacy.

Isiah was the face of the most hated professional sports team of the 1980s. CP can't touch that.

Playstyle and impact of course.

Isiah should be ranked ahead of CP in overall legacy.

game3524
11-22-2015, 08:21 PM
best run half court offense by a point guard ever? That's what I'll remember at least. He's otherworldly when locked in. Plus those lobs to chandler back in the day, just sick.

Nah, Magic's last two years basically give him that title.

game3524
11-22-2015, 08:22 PM
Playstyle and impact of course.

Isiah should be ranked ahead of CP in overall legacy.

Agreed.

beastee
11-22-2015, 08:30 PM
Great, Great player. but without a ring, just another great empty endorsement...
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr01/2013/3/20/12/enhanced-buzz-11701-1363795876-0.jpg

STATUTORY
11-22-2015, 08:31 PM

Isiah Thomas was an iconic player with a legacy that CP3 will never be able to touch

Imagine if you are a producer and you are trying to make a 30 for 30 for CP3, what would be the title/topic? there is absolutely nothing noteworthy about his career

n99as a footnote on the block trade to the lakers

Wade3
11-22-2015, 08:57 PM
Isiah Thomas was an iconic player with a legacy that CP3 will never be able to touch

Imagine if you are a producer and you are trying to make a 30 for 30 for CP3, what would be the title/topic? there is absolutely nothing noteworthy about his career

n99as a footnote on the block trade to the lakers

Now that you've mentioned it i'm struggling to think of a star who Would have a more boring documentary than CP. His career really does lack drama, even off the court ( Magic and Shaq's larger than life personality, Kobe's iron will, aloofness, rape case, Lebron's Decision, colluding etc)

He might just end up being known as Steph Curry's bitch if the Warriors continue to mollywhop the Clippers en route to becoming the next great NBA dynasty

Young X
11-22-2015, 09:00 PM
I don't know...you'd have to ask him what he actually means by that. If he thinks Paul wasn't better than Mitch or JJ...then he's dead wrong.

Perennial all star can mean a lot of things though....that is what Paul has been. If he's saying as you are taking...then I agree with you. If he's saying it to separate him from the true best players of this era...then I agree with him.Saying he's nothing more than a good perennial all-star is selling him short. He's a great player.

Imagine if you are a producer and you are trying to make a 30 for 30 for CP3, what would be the title/topic? there is absolutely nothing noteworthy about his careerThis is harsh, but it's somewhat true and basically what I've been saying all through this thread.

He WILL be forgotten. He doesn't have enough historical significance to be remembered as a great player.

It's the lack of success for the teams and franchises he's played on/for plus not winning an MVP.

It's sounds like an excuse but if CP3 had simply been drafted to an east team or signed with the Pacers or Hawks in 2013 he would have a much better legacy. The window to make the finals and conference finals would be much more open. It's very unlikely that the Clippers do so in the next couple of seasons.

ONE ring will change everything dramatically. There will be alot of people overrating him if the Clippers somehow manage to win in the future. His numbers and the impact he's had on his teams have been incredible and then he'll have the narrative of being a "winner" on top of that.

DMAVS41
11-22-2015, 09:11 PM
Saying he's nothing more than a good perennial all-star is selling him short. He's a great player.

This is harsh, but it's somewhat true and basically what I've been saying all through this thread.

He WILL be forgotten. He doesn't have enough historical significance to be remembered as a great player.

It's the lack of success for the teams and franchises he's played on/for plus not winning an MVP.

It's sounds like an excuse but if CP3 had simply been drafted to an east team or signed with the Pacers or Hawks in 2013 he would have a much better legacy. The window to make the finals and conference finals would be much more open. It's very unlikely that the Clippers do so in the next couple of seasons.

ONE ring will change everything dramatically. There will be alot of people overrating him if the Clippers somehow manage to win in the future. His numbers and the impact he's had on his teams have been incredible and then he'll have the narrative of being a "winner" on top of that.

Can a perennial all-star not be a great player? They certainly can for me. I see your point, but you can just ask the person in question where they actually rank Paul to find out if they are blatantly under-rating him.

Again...lets tap the brakes on the pity party here a little. Paul has been part of two epic playoff collapses these last 2 years...both as the leader of the team...and one pretty much all on his own.

Stuff like matters to people...and rightfully so.

Also, he's chosen to play one of the most egregious flopping, whining, and complaining games of all time. Again...that matters to people.

I hope Paul does get a playoff run in at some point so we can stop this crap, but you gotta earn this shit. Paul is already on that top 40 type player tier...he wants to go any higher and be better known...you gotta do something special.

LikeMike
11-22-2015, 09:15 PM
does Curry's play and most importantly playoff achievements reflect poorly and highlight CP3's postseason futility? just 3 years ago I think CP3 might have been the near consensus choice for best PG of this era, but now it feels like Steph has literally changed the way we think about the PG position and has effectively eclipsed Chris Paul.

A talented, but overrated loser like Melo.

dhsilv
11-22-2015, 09:21 PM
I would take 08 and 09 over any move regular season in a heart beat. Wade had aa year or two on par with those two years. I fully believe those were the two best years by a point guard in the games history. Again playoffs are being ignored here, but he wasn't bad by any stretch.

FashionIssues
11-22-2015, 09:21 PM
Why are people still dumbfounded?

Your dad's way of viewing PG: (PG label player, shortest guy) brings the ball up.

New way: anyone brings the ball up, play any position.

Young X
11-22-2015, 09:22 PM
Can a perennial all-star not be a great player? They certainly can for me. I see your point, but you can just ask the person in question where they actually rank Paul to find out if they are blatantly under-rating him.

Again...lets tap the brakes on the pity party here a little. Paul has been part of two epic playoff collapses these last 2 years...both as the leader of the team...and one pretty much all on his own.

Stuff like matters to people...and rightfully so.

Also, he's chosen to play one of the most egregious flopping, whining, and complaining games of all time. Again...that matters to people.

I hope Paul does get a playoff run in at some point so we can stop this crap, but you gotta earn this shit. Paul is already on that top 40 type player tier...he wants to go any higher and be better known...you gotta do something special.That stuff matters to the degree that it does because he doesn't have a ring. It's that simple. With a ring people will slowly forget about those things, happens with everyone.

And once again I agree that he needs more success in the playoffs to be ranked higher on all-time lists.

But I think he's done enough even without it to where he should be remembered as a great player and one of the best at his position of all time. He's been consistently playing at too high of a level for too long not to be. The majority disagrees with me.

TheBigVeto
11-22-2015, 09:27 PM

CP3 will be remembered in history as a WCF virgin.
His legacy will be similar to T-Mac.

DaOldLion
11-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Cp3 has played on better teams than Melo ever has

yet Melo has gotten further in the playoffs, and even beaten Cp3's team in the playoffs..

Both are great players for their era, but if they don't do anything in the playoffs nobody is going to care..

and that's even with Melo making a WCF in the past while beating Cp3's team in the same year

DMAVS41
11-22-2015, 09:29 PM
That stuff matters to the degree that it does because he doesn't have a ring. It's that simple. With a ring people will slowly forget about those things, happens with everyone.

And once again I agree that he needs more success in the playoffs to be ranked higher on all-time lists.

But I think he's done enough even without it to where he should be remembered as a great player and one of the best at his position of all time. He's been consistently playing at too high of a level for too long not to be. The majority disagrees with me.

Completely agree.

Just would add that he has to earn the ring though. I actually don't think the ring matters as much as you do. I think just a sustained playoff run to the conference finals without a collapse would do amazing things for Paul...and for Griffin as well.

LakersForlife
11-22-2015, 09:33 PM
4-3 VS houston led by scrubden

Young X
11-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Completely agree.

Just would add that he has to earn the ring though. I actually don't think the ring matters as much as you do. I think just a sustained playoff run to the conference finals without a collapse would do amazing things for Paul...and for Griffin as well.Again, that stuff matters to people like you and me who are logical fans of the game. We look at things like performance to determine greatness.

But winning the actual ring as a notable contributor is what's most important for his legacy amongst the majority of basketball fans. It's the aura and narrative of being a "winner" and a champion that's important. He needs that on his resume.

When people talk about Isiah Thomas's rings, no one cares that he shot 48 TS% in the playoffs.

People don't care about Kobe's PPG in the 2000 finals.

It's just about winning. Winning is all that matters at the end of the day.

DMAVS41
11-22-2015, 09:47 PM
Again, that stuff matters to people like you and me who are logical fans of the game. We look at things like performance to determine greatness.

But winning the actual ring as a notable contributor is what's most important for his legacy amongst the majority of basketball fans. It's the aura and narrative of being a "winner" and a champion that's important. He needs that on his resume.

When people talk about Isiah Thomas's rings, no one cares that he shot 48 TS% in the playoffs.

People don't care about Kobe's PPG in the 2000 finals.

It's just about winning. Winning is all that matters at the end of the day.

Dude...I hear you.

However, what I'm telling, is that there are more people that care about level of play and impact than just results.

Go look at the latest top 100 player rankings of all time at realgm...they had KG 11th...

Not saying that is accurate, but my point is that more people care see it more like you and I do than you are letting on.

We'll see hopefully...hopefully Paul at least makes the WCF or finals soon and we'll see if the perception shifts a little.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't think fans would be saying anything against Paul if he had made the WCF last year and the finals in 14...especially if the Clippers didn't lose because of a meltdown.

Young X
11-22-2015, 10:13 PM
Dude...I hear you.

However, what I'm telling, is that there are more people that care about level of play and impact than just results.

Go look at the latest top 100 player rankings of all time at realgm...they had KG 11th...

Not saying that is accurate, but my point is that more people care see it more like you and I do than you are letting on.

We'll see hopefully...hopefully Paul at least makes the WCF or finals soon and we'll see if the perception shifts a little.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't think fans would be saying anything against Paul if he had made the WCF last year and the finals in 14...especially if the Clippers didn't lose because of a meltdown.RealGM is a site that has much more logic and objectivity than anywhere else. You're actually proving my point, do you think any other site would even think about putting KG that high? I'm pretty sure CP3 would be ranked pretty high on that list as well. Compare those same rankings to other sites.

If the Clippers win the title this season and CP averages 18/8 on 55 TS% (plays OK but not great) or something it wouldn't matter much to me and you but it would make a big difference for his public perception because he'd be a "winner" and he'd have a much bigger place in the history of the NBA.

Hopefully he does make it that far and possibly wins a title because he will be terribly underrated if it doesn't happen. I'm telling you man, nothing else matters in his career at this point.

DMAVS41
11-22-2015, 10:16 PM
RealGM is a site that has much more logic and objectivity than anywhere else. You're actually proving my point, do you think any other site would even think about putting KG that high? I'm pretty sure CP3 would be ranked pretty high on that list as well. Compare those same rankings to other sites.

If the Clippers win the title this season and CP averages 18/8 on 55 TS% (plays OK but not great) or something it wouldn't matter much to me and you but it would make a big difference for his public perception because he'd be a "winner" and he'd have a much bigger place in the history of the NBA.

Hopefully he does make it that far and possibly wins a title because he will be terribly underrated if it doesn't happen. I'm telling you man, nothing else matters in his career at this point.

RealGM dwarfs this site though in terms of total posters...and the people I talk to in normal life would be much more like RealGm.

You seem to just be talking about trolls here. If so...I agree.

game3524
11-22-2015, 10:24 PM
RealGM is a site that has much more logic and objectivity than anywhere else. You're actually proving my point, do you think any other site would even think about putting KG that high? I'm pretty sure CP3 would be ranked pretty high on that list as well. Compare those same rankings to other sites.

:oldlol:

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-22-2015, 10:52 PM
Why would anyone enjoy posting on RealGm? I go there sometimes but everyone is so uptight there.

But Yea as much as a I hate CP3 he is a really great PG but..his lack of a killer instinct when it matters is what deters him from being memorable. No matter how bad Kobe shot in the playoffs everyone will always remember him for his killer instinct and his acceptance of the moment. Chris Paul never accepts the moment. He backs down from it. Hence the term-Mental Midget.

He also lacks any distinguishing feats that would rank him higher. He does not belong in todays game of Social Media where dunks and crazy handles are more glorified than fundamentals which is something he has in bunches. He would have been better off playing in the 90s or an older era where flashy play wasn't so important

Regardless of all this... He is still the bigger bi tch than most girls on their period. He needs to man up. He wouldn't be hated so much if his game wasn't reliant on flopping and whining.

Smoke117
11-22-2015, 10:54 PM
Why would anyone enjoy posting on RealGm? I go there sometimes but everyone is so uptight there.

But Yea as much as a I hate CP3 he is a really great PG but..his lack of a killer instinct when it matters is what deters him from being memorable. No matter how bad Kobe shot in the playoffs everyone will always remember him for his killer instinct and his acceptance of the moment. Chris Paul never accepts the moment. He backs down from it. Hence the term-Mental Midget.

He also lacks any distinguishing feats that would rank him higher. He does not belong in todays game of Social Media where dunks and crazy handles are more glorified than fundamentals which is something he has in bunches. He would have been better off playing in the 90s or an older era where flashy play wasn't so important

Regardless of all this... He is still the bigger bi tch than most girls on their period. He needs to man up. He wouldn't be hated so much if his game wasn't reliant on flopping and whining.

Yeah what a break down he had vs the defending champs last season when he carried them on one leg over the Spurs in that game 7. Stupid bitch. Stick to the WNBA...you can have all the female refs your heart desires there, cupcake.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-22-2015, 11:00 PM
Yeah what a break down he had vs the defending champs last season when he carried them on one leg over the Spurs in that game 7. Stupid bitch. Stick to the WNBA...you can have all the female refs your heart desires there, cupcake.

No need to be so sexist. I'm giving my opinion. What you do in the First round does not matter even if it's against the spurs if you proceed to choke away a 3-1 lead. If you cannot stop your teammates from ruining your chances since they're choking then you're supposed to take over yourself. Where did that Killer instinct go against the Rockets? You know everything I'm saying is true. Regardless of how great he is his lack of Alpha instincts and his annoying flopping makes him very unlikeable and forgettable.

Smoke117
11-22-2015, 11:10 PM
No need to be so sexist. I'm giving my opinion. What you do in the First round does not matter even if it's against the spurs if you proceed to choke away a 3-1 lead. If you cannot stop your teammates from ruining your chances since they're choking then you're supposed to take over yourself. Where did that Killer instinct go against the Rockets? You know everything I'm saying is true. Regardless of how great he is his lack of Alpha instincts and his annoying flopping makes him very unlikeable and forgettable.

It's almost like CP3 was injured during that 2nd round. :facepalm You can't blame that Clippers meltdown on a guy who was basically playing on one leg the entire 2nd round.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-22-2015, 11:11 PM
It's almost like CP3 was injured during that 2nd round. :facepalm You can't blame that Clippers meltdown on a guy who was basically playing on one leg the entire 2nd round.

Yes you can. He is accountable. He is one of the best floor generals and best game managers in the league. He should have calmed things down. Instead they go 49-9 or something..:no: :no:

post number 666 crud

Smoke117
11-22-2015, 11:15 PM
Yes you can. He is accountable. He is one of the best floor generals and best game managers in the league. He should have calmed things down. Instead they go 49-9 or something..:no: :no:

post number 666 crud

Don't you have some knitting to do?

dhsilv
11-22-2015, 11:16 PM

What? This is just completely false.

Did you miss the game 7 fade away over Duncan? he constantly steps up in the 4th quarter. He's had some bad games in the playoffs, sure. But he wasn't hiding from the moment. He didn't play well.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-22-2015, 11:17 PM
Don't you have some knitting to do?

Do you hate women or something? Did your wife/Gf cheat on you? If you're trying to get to leave ISh you have to try harder I've seen and heard worse. Instead of posting factual rebuttals you're settling for the sex card. Nice one.
:rolleyes: :lol :lol

Or you must Hate me for some reason... Lol..

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-22-2015, 11:19 PM
What? This is just completely false.

Did you miss the game 7 fade away over Duncan? he constantly steps up in the 4th quarter. He's had some bad games in the playoffs, sure. But he wasn't hiding from the moment. He didn't play well.

Again no one! One one! No one! Cares what you do in the first round if the result is being knocked off by a team led by Ames Haren with a supporting cast of Dead Jetman Terry, 3 Point shooting Josh Smiff, Pablo Pepperoni and an injured half dead Dwight Howard. I watched those games late in the third and the fourth. CP3 did nothing to stop the bleeding and control the game.

Smoke117
11-22-2015, 11:24 PM
Do you hate women or something? Did your wife/Gf cheat on you? If you're trying to get to leave ISh you have to try harder I've seen and heard worse. Instead of posting factual rebuttals you're settling for the sex card. Nice one.
:rolleyes: :lol :lol

You post comments that are on a retard level like a stalker, you get treated that way. If anything I'm giving you what you want...say stupid shit, get smacked down. The sexist comments are just easy especially after you said "treat me with respect" about 100 times yesterday. Respect is earned, not given freely.

Graviton
11-22-2015, 11:25 PM
Some of you guys are going overboard. "CP3 will be forgotten". His 2008 season was a Top 3 PG peak all time, he has made more all NBA 1st+All D 1st teams than almost every other PG in history, his stats and consistency are unmatched by anyone outside Magic.

He has done enough to stick in the history books, rings aren't everything, if CP3 gets forgotten, wtf is gonna happen to Deron, Nash, Westbrook, Rondo, Rose?

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-22-2015, 11:27 PM
You post comments that are on a retard level like a stalker, you get treated that way. If anything I'm giving you what you want...say stupid shit, get smacked down. The sexist comments are just easy especially after you said "treat me with respect" about 100 times yesterday. Respect is earned, not given freely.

When did I say respect me?

So...no rebuttals because you accept that I just tore down your arguments.

dhsilv
11-22-2015, 11:28 PM
Again no one! One one! No one! Cares what you do in the first round if the result is being knocked off by a team led by Ames Haren with a supporting cast of Dead Jetman Terry, 3 Point shooting Josh Smiff, Pablo Pepperoni and an injured half dead Dwight Howard. I watched those games late in the third and the fourth. CP3 did nothing to stop the bleeding and control the game.

Yes, people do care. Especially when you make ignorant and blatantly false statements. If you don't watch or even read recaps of games, please just don't post about the games.

I'm perfectly fine with someone who thinks Chris Paul isn't as good as I think he is. There's a legit case. But the claim he's somehow a guy who never even tries to be the man at the end of games, is beyond false.

If you keep posting is idiotic posts, I'll eventually just ignore you and go on with my day, and I'm sure you don't care either way, but people are here to discuss basketball. Not to have someone troll for the sake of trolling. Seriously, grow up.

Nick Young
11-22-2015, 11:30 PM
CP3 will be remembered as Curry's bitch.

Fire Colangelo
11-22-2015, 11:30 PM

Maybe he was injured?

Idk what the hell you were watching, but the problem I saw was the Clippers defense, it doesn't really have much to do with CP3 or his "killer instinct". They just couldn't get stops.

Unless you were depending on CP3 to shut down Josh Smith and Dwight Howard lol

Smoke117
11-22-2015, 11:32 PM
When did I say respect me?

So...no rebuttals because you accept that I just tore down your arguments.

You have no idea what you are blabbering on about. The Spurs vs Clippers "first round that doesn't matter" was the 2nd biggest series in that western conference, you dolt! If the Spurs had got through the Clippers they would have beat the Rockets and gave the Warriors a very tough 6 or 7 game series. That Clippers vs Spurs first round was on the level of a WCF in any other year. Maybe that big nose is getting in the way of your vision and what you have seen, but you are talking that bullshit.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-22-2015, 11:36 PM
You have no idea what you are blabbering on about. The Spurs vs Clippers "first round that doesn't matter" was the 2nd biggest series in that western conference, you dolt! If the Spurs had got through the Clippers they would have beat the Rockets and gave the Warriors a very tough 6 or 7 game series. That Clippers vs Spurs first round was on the level of a WCF in any other year. Maybe that big nose is getting in the way of your vision and what you have seen, but you are talking that bullshit.

How pathetic of you resorting to personal Insults. :lol
30 years from now how many will remember how legendary the spurs were and that Cp3 beat them in the first round? History only looks at the end result. Try Harder with the personal Insults. I'm not saying that I'm OMG Beautiful but I'm comfortable in my own skin so sod off.:rolleyes:

I claim Yet another mind :lol :lol :lol

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-22-2015, 11:40 PM
Maybe he was injured?

Idk what the hell you were watching, but the problem I saw was the Clippers defense, it doesn't really have much to do with CP3 or his "killer instinct". They just couldn't get stops.

Unless you were depending on CP3 to shut down Josh Smith and Dwight Howard lol

I'm not holding the injury against PAUL. What I'm holding against him is the lack of ability to get his team under control when they start choking. I will also criticize him for most times not being more aggressive when it matters. I'm not going to bring up the loss to Melo because honestly I wasn't interested in Basketball when that happened and I don't know the circumstances. But, as the leader of a Team Chris Paul must take responsibility. He doesn't have the luxury of past players where Social Media wasn't so ubiquitous and utilized as a manner of watching, nitpicking, and criticizing stars.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-22-2015, 11:43 PM
Yes, people do care. Especially when you make ignorant and blatantly false statements. If you don't watch or even read recaps of games, please just don't post about the games.

I'm perfectly fine with someone who thinks Chris Paul isn't as good as I think he is. There's a legit case. But the claim he's somehow a guy who never even tries to be the man at the end of games, is beyond false.

If you keep posting is idiotic posts, I'll eventually just ignore you and go on with my day, and I'm sure you don't care either way, but people are here to discuss basketball. Not to have someone troll for the sake of trolling. Seriously, grow up.

That is not beyond false. When did I say CP3 wasn't great? All I stated was that he simply lacks the it factor and the aggressive instinct to take over the game late in the game when his teammates inevitably choke. WB may be criticized for a lot of things and So is Kobe but one criticism you won't hear is that they backed down when it mattered.

It may simply not be in his play style to be aggressive but the lack of aggression is deteriorating to his legacy.

Fire Colangelo
11-22-2015, 11:55 PM
I'm not holding the injury against PAUL. What I'm holding against him is the lack of ability to get his team under control when they start choking. I will also criticize him for most times not being more aggressive when it matters. I'm not going to bring up the loss to Melo because honestly I wasn't interested in Basketball when that happened and I don't know the circumstances. But, as the leader of a Team Chris Paul must take responsibility. He doesn't have the luxury of past players where Social Media wasn't so ubiquitous and utilized as a manner of watching, nitpicking, and criticizing stars.

Bring up the Melo loss if you wish, he was outplayed plain and simple. But he was also 23 years old in his 4th year where his 2nd option shot 40% for the series. His Hornets team were nothing special, and they simply couldn't get stops and couldn't stay competitive unless CP3 had a big game. Also, they lost to a team that was one of the favourites to come out of the West to begin the season (a lot of people don't remember this). I generally don't hold young players for their playoff failures, same as how I don't blame LeBron for losing the finals in 2007.

But back on topic, as I mentioned in my previous post. The main reason the Clippers lost the series against the Rockets was because their defense couldn't get stops. You simply can't blame a collapse in a team's defense on a point guard... basketball just doesn't work that way. You can have a Gary Payton on your team, and you won't be able to do shit when Josh Smith of all people is hitting his 3 pointers. IIRC, Blake missed 3 or 4 baskets right under the rim in the 4th period during the Rockets comeback in game 6. I guess you could say that CP3 could've scored a little bit more, but realistically, you're probably gonna lose the game if you're letting the other team score 124, 119, and 113.

I'm not saying CP3 deserves zero blame, but it's clearly the defense that collapsed, not the offense and no amount of aggressiveness/scoring from CP3 could've overcome back unless you're expecting him to go for 40 every game.

Not to mention CP3 has led numerous comebacks, and hit many clutch shots/game winners in his career (both regular season and playoffs). Why some people label him as a chocker is something I'll never understand.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-23-2015, 12:01 AM
Bring up the Melo loss if you wish, he was outplayed plain and simple. But he was also 23 years old in his 4th year where his 2nd option shot 40% for the series. His Hornets team were nothing special, and they simply couldn't get stops and couldn't stay competitive unless CP3 had a big game. Also, they lost to a team that was one of the favourites to come out of the West to begin the season (a lot of people don't remember this). I generally don't hold young players for their playoff failures, same as how I don't blame LeBron for losing the finals in 2007.

But back on topic, as I mentioned in my previous post. The main reason the Clippers lost the series against the Rockets was because their defense couldn't get stops. You simply can't blame a collapse in a team's defense on a point guard... basketball just doesn't work that way. You can have a Gary Payton on your team, and you won't be able to do shit when Josh Smith of all people is hitting his 3 pointers. IIRC, Blake missed 3 or 4 baskets right under the rim in the 4th period during the Rockets comeback in game 6. I guess you could say that CP3 could've scored a little bit more, but realistically, you're probably gonna lose the game if you're letting the other team score 124, 119, and 113.

I'm not saying CP3 deserves zero blame, but it's clearly the defense that collapsed, not the offense and no amount of aggressiveness/scoring from CP3 could've overcome back unless you're expecting him to go for 40 every game.

Not to mention CP3 has led numerous comebacks, and hit many clutch shots/game winners in his career (both regular season and playoffs). Why some people label him as a chocker is something I'll never understand.

Good argument and logic but the thing is history won't actually go back to that game or series and see all these things. All they will see is how for some reason time and time again Paul keeps up coming short. They'll go back and see the common accepted and popular Rhetoric surrounding him which is his lack of aggression and acceptance as the main scorer/The man when it matters.

I'm personally going to keep blaming him because he is the Leader of that team. Unless a miracle occurs Chris Pauls Legacy will only be his advanced stats his # of all star games and the Cliff Paul commercials which Steph has basically taken half of the screen time for State Farm.

Fire Colangelo
11-23-2015, 12:06 AM
Good argument and logic but the thing is history won't actually go back to that game or series and see all these things. All they will see is how for some reason time and time again Paul keeps up coming short. They'll go back and see the common accepted and popular Rhetoric surrounding him which is his lack of aggression and acceptance as the main scorer/The man when it matters.

I'm personally going to keep blaming him because he is the Leader of that team. Unless a miracle occurs Chris Pauls Legacy will only be his advanced stats his # of all star games and the Cliff Paul commercials which Steph has basically taken half of the screen time for State Farm.

True, but I'd expect "hardcore" fans of the game to go beyond the popular rhetorics provided by the media and ....

meh who am i kidding lol

notatop29pg
11-23-2015, 12:22 AM
Some of you guys are going overboard. "CP3 will be forgotten". His 2008 season was a Top 3 PG peak all time, he has made more all NBA 1st+All D 1st teams than almost every other PG in history, his stats and consistency are unmatched by anyone outside Magic.

He has done enough to stick in the history books, rings aren't everything, if CP3 gets forgotten, wtf is gonna happen to Deron, Nash, Westbrook, Rondo, Rose?

Took 6 pages to reach the only answer.

TripleA
11-23-2015, 12:29 AM
Cp3>Isiah Thomas

STATUTORY
11-23-2015, 12:32 AM
Cp3>Isiah Thomas

bad boys> flopping b!tch

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-23-2015, 12:35 AM
bad boys> flopping b!tch
:rockon:

TripleA
11-23-2015, 12:39 AM
Cp3 is better at shooting,passing and defense
Isiah Thomas just played for a beast team.

dhsilv
11-23-2015, 01:02 AM
That is not beyond false. When did I say CP3 wasn't great? All I stated was that he simply lacks the it factor and the aggressive instinct to take over the game late in the game when his teammates inevitably choke. WB may be criticized for a lot of things and So is Kobe but one criticism you won't hear is that they backed down when it mattered.

It may simply not be in his play style to be aggressive but the lack of aggression is deteriorating to his legacy.

Other than again, it is not true at all.

29.8% of the clippers points scored in the 4th are by chris paul. 51.7% of assists are from chris paul. 2014-2015 stats.

However chris paul only makes up 24.3% of points (when he's on the floor) for the game as a whole and 53.3% of assists.

You can go check this for yourself on nba.com.

Chris paul takes over games in the 4th time and time again. Since his injuries he basically just sits back and game manages for 3 quarters and then takes over the 4th quarter. If you'd ever watch a single game you'd realize this and I wouldn't need to show you stats on it.

Just for fun lets go back to 13 before blake had really become a legit star level player.

Chris paul accounted for 32.9% of points scored in the 4th quarter when he was on the court. 41% of fouls drawn. 50.3% of assists. . 30.4% of field goal attempts. 32.2% usage.

Go back to 2012.

37% of 4th quarter points, 62.3% of assists. 31.7% usage. 31.9% of fouls drawn.

Magic 32
11-23-2015, 01:10 AM
As good as you can be without being special.

PsychoBe
11-23-2015, 03:22 AM
Cp3 is better at shooting,passing and defense
Isiah Thomas just played for a beast team.

i want to be fair to cp3 then i read dumb-shit like this and makes me want to shit on him more.

cp3 is a good player and all but let's be real - he's barely a top 10 pg. and i mean barely.

magic
isiah
nash
kidd
payton
iverson
stockton
oscar

those are all definitely ahead of him. you can't argue it and if you try then you're a clown.

if the casual fan doesn't know who the all-time leader in assists and steals is then how the hell are they gonna remember a choke-artist that never made it out of the second round? :oldlol:

i don't like going in on paul but ya'll make it too easy.

Fire Colangelo
11-23-2015, 04:22 AM
i want to be fair to cp3 then i read dumb-shit like this and makes me want to shit on him more.

cp3 is a good player and all but let's be real - he's barely a top 10 pg. and i mean barely.

magic
isiah
nash
kidd
payton
iverson
stockton
oscar

those are all definitely ahead of him. you can't argue it and if you try then you're a clown.

if the casual fan doesn't know who the all-time leader in assists and steals is then how the hell are they gonna remember a choke-artist that never made it out of the second round? :oldlol:

And here you are, looking like a clown yourself.

Funktion
11-23-2015, 04:46 AM
http://giant.gfycat.com/WelltodoQuaintCoypu.gif

dhsilv
11-23-2015, 04:49 AM

magic
isiah
nash
kidd
payton
iverson
stockton
oscar

It's hard to take you seriously when Iverson was a shooting guard and you list him just because I guess you think short guys are point guards? I'd disagree with a few of these but that just kinda ends my desire to even engage you.

PsychoBe
11-23-2015, 10:42 PM
It's hard to take you seriously when Iverson was a shooting guard and you list him just because I guess you think short guys are point guards? I'd disagree with a few of these but that just kinda ends my desire to even engage you.

he was drafted as a point guard. maybe you're the person who shouldn't be taken seriously. and there's no logical reason for you to disagree with any of them unless you're just a biased advanced stat nerd.

To4
11-23-2015, 10:47 PM
Still one of the best point guards in NBA history.