PDA

View Full Version : Why is Cp3 still more respected than Melo???

Real14
11-22-2015, 08:02 PM
Somebody please tell me why:facepalm Especially since Melo was scoring champ in 2013 and snubbed from being 2013 MVP so that David sterns poster girl LeBronna can be happy. Melo also led his team to West finals in 2009 while CP3 is still a 3rd round Virgin with wayy more stacked teams. Talk to me ISH:coleman:

BigNBAfan
11-22-2015, 08:03 PM
Because he WANTS to win

As many teams as he's played for, he's never tanked.

SouBeachTalents
11-22-2015, 08:03 PM
Somebody please tell me why:facepalm Especially since Melo was scoring champ in 2013 and snubbed from being 2013 MVP so that David sterns poster girl LeBronna can be happy. Melo also led his team to West finals in 2009 while CP3 is still a 3rd round Virgin with wayy more stacked teams. Talk to me ISH:coleman:

Lol, CP3 has a much bigger case of being snubbed for MVP in '08 than Melo does in '13

Real14
11-22-2015, 08:08 PM
Lol, CP3 has a much bigger case of being snubbed for MVP in '08 than Melo does in '13
No and don't even lie to yourself like that. Plus 08 hornets was number 4 in the West while 13 knicks were number 2 in tha east.

Legends66NBA7
11-22-2015, 08:13 PM
No and don't even lie to yourself like that. Plus 08 hornets was number 4 in the West while 13 knicks were number 2 in tha east.

Hornets 56-26, 2nd seed (stronger conference, every playoff team won 50+ games)

Knicks 54-28, 2nd seed (weaker conference, only 2 playoff teams won 50+ games)

Nick Young
11-22-2015, 08:14 PM
CP3 is the Carmelo of PGs.

For some reason CP3 has this Tony Parker/Chauncey Billups clutch veteran leader reputation, even though he's done nothing to earn it.

Real14
11-22-2015, 08:14 PM
Because he WANTS to win

You know why because Cp3 had way better teams than Melo:facepalm. Plus we all know that Cp3 chokes when it counts every single damn year.

Smoke117
11-22-2015, 08:15 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: Carmelo was snubbed for MVP in 2013? LOL...Lebron was on a completely different level. It's been awhile since you said something incredibly stupid...but here you are, right back at it. Ghetto clown.

24-Inch_Chrome
Peak Paul was a significantly better player than peak Melo. That's why.

Nick Young
Because he WANTS to win

58 point loss in the playoffs, at home, to Melo. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvnU7isP2OM)

Real14
11-22-2015, 08:17 PM
Hornets 56-26, 2nd seed (stronger conference, every playoff team won 50+ games)

Knicks 54-28, 2nd seed (weaker conference, only 2 playoff teams won 50+ games)
Can you explain why Melo could go to tha west finals but Cp3 with better teams can't get there? :confusedshrug:

Real14
11-22-2015, 08:20 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: Carmelo was snubbed for MVP in 2013? LOL...Lebron was on a completely different level. It's been awhile since you said something incredibly stupid...but here you are, right back at it. Ghetto clown.
Stupid? Who had a better roster? 13 Melo or 13 Lebronna?:coleman:

SouBeachTalents
11-22-2015, 08:21 PM

LeBron had a much better roster, but LeBron was just a much better player than Melo

outbreak
11-22-2015, 08:24 PM
Never understood this either, Melo does't flop like CP3 either.

Real14
11-22-2015, 08:24 PM
LeBron had a much better
I rest my damn case.:coleman:

MellowYellow
11-22-2015, 08:25 PM
Agreed, people like cp3 cause he "makes teammates better" like what? My granma could get 10 dimes a game throwing lobs to dj and Blake

Young X
Billups lowkey had a better season than Melo in 2009 but that's none of my business.

BigNBAfan
You know why because Cp3 had way better teams than Melo:facepalm. Plus we all know that Cp3 chokes when it counts every single damn year.

Whose fault is that? 120M?????

Call CP3 a poor leader, a choker or flopper but all that means nothing when he didn't handicap the team looking to win. Carmelo could play amazing ball but he handicapped the team with his salary and to make matters worse he plays like shit.

He still is nowhere near as good as he was in 05 denver.

Real14
11-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Never understood this either, Melo does't flop like CP3 either.
Exactly.

Legends66NBA7
11-22-2015, 08:29 PM
Billups lowkey had a better season than Melo in 2009 but that's none of my business.

He was their leader and was the biggest reason Denver went on that turnaround after the trade since Melo missed a ton of games that season. If that team still had Camby, they would have won the title.

STATUTORY
58 point loss in the playoffs, at home, to Melo. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvnU7isP2OM)

in the prime of his career, pre injury

:biggums:

Cuck Paul

LikeMike

You are kidding, right? Melo never deserved MVP, and he has struggled to get his team to the playoffs in the shitty east. As much as CP3 chokes in the playoffs, he at least has been getting there consistently.

Young X
11-22-2015, 08:33 PM
He was their leader and was the biggest reason Denver went on that turnaround after the trade since Melo missed a ton of games that season. If that team still had Camby, they would have won the title.He was 6th in MVP voting too.

Melo wasn't even in the top 12 lol.

Chauncey also admittedly killed CP3 and the Hornets although they were depleted with injuries.

I keep saying it, but Billups is extremely underrated. He should get more recognition for the great PG he was.

Smoke117
11-22-2015, 08:36 PM

Championship teams generally have great rosters...noooooooo, really?...tell me more. How does this change the fact that Lebron was on a completely different level (especially considering this one of his best defensive seasons and Melo plays no defense at all) when compared to Carmelo in 2013? He had absolutely NO CASE for MVP in 2013 and you just make yourself look like a bigger fool than we already know you to be by saying he was snubbed.

Real14
11-22-2015, 08:37 PM
Whose fault is that? 120M?????

Call CP3 a poor leader, a choker or flopper but all that means nothing when he didn't handicap the team looking to win. Carmelo could play amazing ball but he handicapped the team with his salary and to make matters worse he plays like shit.

He still is nowhere near as good as he was in 05 denver.
I'm talking about before that too niguh:coleman:

FireDavidKahn
11-22-2015, 08:38 PM
Because he WANTS to win

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=290427003

BigNBAfan
11-22-2015, 08:38 PM
I'm talking about before that too niguh:coleman:

What the fck are you saying, speak english

Real14
11-22-2015, 08:40 PM
Billups became better leader but Melo was the top scorer meaning without Melo they wouldn't have a chance to go tha west finals.

Real14
11-22-2015, 08:42 PM
What the fck are you saying, speak english
Niguh learn to read. I'm saying that Melo still had worse teams compared to Cp3 even before that new contract.

imdaman99
11-22-2015, 08:46 PM
Because he WANTS to win

Ummmm did you check the season before CP3 got traded? He tanked that entire year. He was 'injured'.

Kblaze8855
11-22-2015, 08:46 PM
Better player. No gm or team would give two shits about anything you mentioned when deciding which of them they wanted.

Real14
11-22-2015, 08:47 PM
Championship teams generally have great rosters...noooooooo, really?...tell me more. How does this change the fact that Lebron was on a completely different level (especially considering this one of his best defensive seasons and Melo plays no defense at all) when compared to Carmelo in 2013? He had absolutely NO CASE for MVP in 2013 and you just make yourself look like a bigger fool than we already know you to be by saying he was snubbed.
Explain 2005 and 2006 Nash then. If Melo had wade, allen, bosh and a bunch of spot up 3 point shooters he would excel better too. Nice players around definitely matters bro and you know it. Melo had little help compared to bronna in 2013 and he still managed to lead team to 2nd seed in tha east which means Melo was more valuable. Heat didn't need Bron like that.

stalkerforlife
11-22-2015, 08:47 PM
Melo was the ROY and the MVP in 2013.

Robbed both times.

He's probably come to the understanding that what you do on the court is irrelevant.

Real14
11-22-2015, 08:48 PM
Better player. No gm or team would give two shits about anything you mentioned when deciding which of them they wanted.
Explain to me how Cp3 can't make it to tha 3rd round too with way better players around him then? Cp3 should not get passes for that. People need to be fair.

24-Inch_Chrome
11-22-2015, 08:50 PM
Explain 2005 and 2006 Nash then. If Melo had wade, allen, bosh and a bunch of spot up 3 point shooters he would excel better too. Nice players around definitely matters bro and you know it. Melo had little help compared to bronna in 2013 and he still managed to lead team to 2nd seed in tha east which means Melo was more valuable. Heat didn't need Bron like that.
Nash turned a 29 win team into a 62 win team and then led the same team minus Stoudemire to 54 wins in the following season, all while putting up ATG shooting numbers and offensive impact.

Real14
11-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Melo was the ROY and the MVP in 2013.

Robbed both times.

He's probably come to the understanding that what you do on the court is irrelevant.

Yea man he definitely was robbed that rookie year knowing that his team made playoffs while bronna just missed it. That's why he was robbed again in 2013. LeBron will always be a pampered manufactured star who definitely don't deserve 80 percent of his awards.

DMAVS41
11-22-2015, 08:53 PM
Explain to me how Cp3 can't make it to tha 3rd round too with way better players around him then? Cp3 should not get passes for that. People need to be fair.

Why? Because Melo was on a really good Nuggets team that had to beat a pretty weak Mavs team in the 2nd round?

Please...CP3 has been a consistently better player than Melo for years now.

Also, if Melo played like he did in 09 routinely...especially in the playoffs...you'd have a better argument.

Real14
11-22-2015, 08:54 PM
Ummmm did you check the season before CP3 got traded? He tanked that entire year. He was 'injured'.
OH yeah I definitely remember that.

Real14
11-22-2015, 08:57 PM
Why? Because Melo was on a really good Nuggets team that had to beat a pretty weak Mavs team in the 2nd round?

Please...CP3 has been a consistently better player than Melo for years now.

Also, if Melo played like he did in 09 routinely...especially in the playoffs...you'd have a better argument.
09 mavs was not weak bro. Cp3 had better teams regardless of what u say. Every year with the stacked clippers he either lose in round 1 or tha semis. If that was Melo he would butchered way more than Cp3 and you know it.

DMAVS41
11-22-2015, 09:03 PM
09 mavs was not weak bro. Cp3 had better teams regardless of what u say. Every year with the stacked clippers he either lose in round 1 or tha semis. If that was Melo he would butchered way more than Cp3 and you know it.

the 09 mavs were nothing special at all...they were a relatively weak final 4 team in the conference.

i agree that Paul has some blame for what has gone on these last 2 years, but Melo isn't the guy I'm turning towards as an example of the guy I want leading teams in the playoffs.

And Melo generally is inefficient as hell in the playoffs...which hurts a ball stopping scorer that doesn't make teammates better and doesn't defend

tontoz
11-22-2015, 09:31 PM

A leopard can't change it's spots.

tontoz
11-22-2015, 09:38 PM
Last season the Clippers started Barnes and Redick, two guys who would be bench players on most good teams. Their bench sucked too so let's not pretend like they had a stacked team, especially in the west.

dhsilv
11-22-2015, 09:41 PM
Paul is and has been the better player. Even if you value the scoring title, Paul actually plays defense something melo just doesn't do.

Real14
11-22-2015, 11:38 PM
Last season the Clippers started Barnes and Redick, two guys who would be bench players on most good teams. Their bench sucked too so let's not pretend like they had a stacked team, especially in the west.
Compared to Melo's teams, Cp3 had better rosters and had Crawford coming off the bench.

Kblaze8855
11-23-2015, 12:47 AM

If the Clippers were still the Buffalo Braves and instead of playing the Warriors and Thunder the first two rounds they played the 38 win Hawks and 44 win Wizards as they would have when they won 57 a couple years ago is anyone on the Clippers better at basketball? Take a moment to marinate on that.

You are talking up beating a 50 win Mavs team in the second round like it makes players on the Nuggets better than beating a 55 win defending champion spurs team in the first round makes the Clippers....

Your argument is simply lacking in common sense and has nothing to do with how good these players or teams are at basketball.

The fact that you seem to think "didnt" and "cant" are the same thing is reason enough not to have a real discussion with you.

If you cant grasp the difference there you would never understand why basketball fans, players, coaches, GMs, and legends clearly hold Paul in higher regard. So why explain it?

So you can say "Wuteva niguh. Melo still betta" like the cretin you like to present yourself as?

Support Melo all you like. Its what fans are supposed to do. But do realize you are a fan. You are the unreasonably emotional one here who isnt looking at it fairly. Not the rest of the basketball world.

Lebronxrings
11-23-2015, 01:11 AM
cp3 > melo

MellowYellow
11-23-2015, 03:29 AM
cp3 > melo
Melo > cp3

PsychoBe
11-23-2015, 03:36 AM
not a fan of either player but if i was forced to build around one player i'd definitely choose melo he's never had the luxury that cp3 has on playing stacked teams. and if you think cp3 has been on "sub-par" teams then imagine what melo had to deal with.

VeeCee15
11-23-2015, 03:37 AM
because CP3 is a PG and is perceived as a passer and unselfish player

Smoke117
11-23-2015, 07:32 AM
not a fan of either player but if i was forced to build around one player i'd definitely choose melo he's never had the luxury that cp3 has on playing stacked teams. and if you think cp3 has been on "sub-par" teams then imagine what melo had to deal with.

And the kobe stan fanbase wonders why anybody that actually knows basketball has zero respect for them. Well there you...you are ****ing retards.

feyki
11-23-2015, 07:48 AM
because CP3 is a PG and is perceived as a passer and unselfish player

Unselfish , wow .

Cp3 has more respect cause Cp3 clearly better player than Melo .

T_L_P
11-23-2015, 08:20 AM

The only time Melo made a Conference Finals, he wasn't even the best player on his team (Billups was).

Meanwhile, outside of this season, Paul has never had the luxury of not being his team's best player.

Let's not talk about 'stacked' here.

Spurs5Rings2014
11-23-2015, 09:29 AM
The only time Melo made a Conference Finals, he wasn't even the best player on his team (Billups was).

Meanwhile, outside of this season, Paul has never had the luxury of not being his team's best player.

Let's not talk about 'stacked' here.

Griffin was 3rd in MVP voting in '14.

Paul ain't been the best Clipper in a while.

Personally, this isn't as one-sided as people would have you believe. CP3 does in fact choke and we are also finding out more and more that he actually requires not one, but two other superstars by his side to win chips. Either that or a stacked, deep bench. Actually, I'm pretty sure they've had great benches in the past, so even there I don't think so.

What it all comes down to is CP3 can't lead a team to a chip. Like that dude always be saying,, alpha dog scoring is the most sought after quality and Melo has CP3 beat in that regard. Also, look at it this way: neither one has won shit so far, at least with Melo you would sell some tickets with people wanting to see a gunner go off from time to time. I don't know. Blake Griffin is better than anyone Melo has played with as well and he's still not gone farther in the play offs, so there's that, too.

:confusedshrug:

Papaya Petee
11-23-2015, 10:16 AM
:roll: if Melo had Wade then he would be a distant second best player on the team because Wade>>Carmelo

You're an idiot and you just continue to embarrass yourself time after time
Lebrons 2013 MVP was as obvious as there ever was
Durant would of won it if Lebron didnt exist that year.

Smoke117
11-23-2015, 10:19 AM
:roll: if Melo had Wade then he would be a distant second best player on the team because Wade>>Carmelo

You're an idiot and you just continue to embarrass yourself time after time
Lebrons 2013 MVP was as obvious as there ever was
Durant would of won it if Lebron didnt exist that year.

Fact.

Legends66NBA7
11-23-2015, 10:34 AM
Griffin was 3rd in MVP voting in '14.

Paul ain't been the best Clipper in a while.

Personally, this isn't as one-sided as people would have you believe. CP3 does in fact choke and we are also finding out more and more that he actually requires not one, but two other superstars by his side to win chips. Either that or a stacked, deep bench. Actually, I'm pretty sure they've had great benches in the past, so even there I don't think so.

What it all comes down to is CP3 can't lead a team to a chip. Like that dude always be saying,, alpha dog scoring is the most sought after quality and Melo has CP3 beat in that regard. Also, look at it this way: neither one has won shit so far, at least with Melo you would sell some tickets with people wanting to see a gunner go off from time to time. I don't know. Blake Griffin is better than anyone Melo has played with as well and he's still not gone farther in the play offs, so there's that, too.

:confusedshrug:

Paul has lead the league in apg and spg a combined 9 times, 3 seasons he lead the league in both apg and spg. He's also anchored the top offense in the league multiple times. It's his job to get others involved and if he didn't get injured, were probably looking at more 20/10, highly effective offensive seasons. Melo has also historically folded in the playoffs far worse than Paul has, while Melo faced weaker competition overall compared to Paul.

As far as winning and going far goes... do you rank Paul George over both of them ? He's been to more conference finals then both Melo and CP3 combined and he's had far less talented teams compared to both. How about James Harden ? He went to the conference finals last season with a banged up Dwight Howard and a bunch of role players; he even went past Paul.

STATUTORY
11-23-2015, 10:35 AM
CP3 has lead the league in apg and spg a combined 9 times, 3 seasons he lead the league in both apg and spg. He's also anchored the top offense in the league multiple times. It's his job to get others involved and if he didn't get injured, were probably looking at more 20/10, highly effective offensive seasons. Melo has also historically folded in the playoffs far worse than Paul has, while facing weaker competition.

As far as winning and going far goes... do you rank Paul George over both of them ? He's been to more conference finals then both Melo and CP3 combined and he's had far less talented teams compared to both. How about James Harden ? He went to the conference finals last season with a banged up Dwight Howard and a bunch of role players.

Steals is a good measure of defense now?

The reason that clippers is abysmal this year is because CP3 absolutely plays no defense only ball watches and allow penetration on the regular

Watch some games

dunksby
11-23-2015, 10:39 AM
2013 when Durant had a 50/40/90 season and OKC ended up with a 60 win record?

Legends66NBA7
11-23-2015, 10:43 AM
Steals is a good measure of defense now?

The reason that clippers is abysmal this year is because CP3 absolutely plays no defense only ball watches and allow penetration on the regular

Watch some games

There are stats that show Paul actually guards his position really well and holds them low fg%. Steals are just the icing. He's historically been a good defender.

The bold is a bunch of bullshit, because he actually played great on ball defense on Kyle Lowry yesterday and locked him down. He's the only perimeter guy who actually plays defense on his team. Everyone else is either to slow or out of position.

But yeah, watch some games. :hammerhead: