PDA

View Full Version : Durant and Westbrook are the only ones who can stop the Warriors

Milbuck
11-23-2015, 01:16 AM
Durant and Westbrook are the only ones that can save the league. No one else has what it takes. This league needs apex Russ and KD to get their shit together and step up in the playoffs or it's ring #2 for Steph, Iggy, Klay and crew.

http://i.imgur.com/qSml7eD.jpg

Graviton
11-23-2015, 01:19 AM
They could both drop 40/10/5 and still lose to Warriors. One team is an experienced, well oiled machine that plays unselfish basketball and makes all the right decisions, the other is a team of scrubs that stand around watching 2 guys ISO 24/7.

Smoke117
Go away like you did earlier. You realize nobody missed you, right? God...it must sting to know nobody gave a shit about you even after your 20k post in a year, no?

Edit: Being the good guy I am, I was actually happy for you...I thought you actually managed to find something worthwhile in your life that wasn't a message board...but here you are spewing your same ol' bullshit. You make it hard, don't you, lad?

HenryGarfunkle
What a story it would be

Milbuck
11-23-2015, 01:22 AM
They could both drop 40/10/5 and still lose to Warriors. One team is an experienced, well oiled machine that plays unselfish basketball and makes all the right decisions, the other is a team of scrubs that stand around watching 2 guys ISO 24/7.
That's why I said apex Durant and Westbrook, it's gonna take MVP Durant and Godbrook together to beat them 4 times out of 7. I know OKC's coaching looks to be even worse than last year but I still think KD and Russ have it in them to beat any team by themselves.
Go away like you did earlier. You realize nobody missed you, right? God...it must sting to know nobody gave a shit about you even after your 20k post in a year, no?

Edit: Being the good guy I am, I was actually happy for you...I thought you actually managed to find something worthwhile in your life that wasn't a message board...but here you are spewing your same ol' bullshit. You make it hard, don't you, lad?
Appreciate the response Smoke. Go ahead and type out another one for me.

TomBrady
11-23-2015, 01:24 AM
Milbuck. :applause:

bdreason
11-23-2015, 01:26 AM
ISO ball isn't going to beat us in a 7 game series with HCA. Not even with two top 10 players.

The Spurs are the biggest threat.

Graviton
11-23-2015, 01:26 AM
That's why I said apex Durant and Westbrook, it's gonna take MVP Durant and Godbrook together to beat them 4 times out of 7. I know OKC's coaching looks to be even worse than last year but I still think KD and Russ have it in them to beat any team by themselves.
Basketball is a team sport, Westbrook and Durant can go ham and outplay their matchups, but the other 3 positions and bench is gonna get shit on. Then you add coaching in the mix and it's an impossible scenario. How exactly does OKC win 4 times? They are worse both defensively AND offensively, trying to outscore Warriors isn't gonna work, trying to shut them down isn't gonna work, Warriors are the Spurs on steroids.

HenryGarfunkle
11-23-2015, 01:28 AM
OKC gonna be scary in the underdog role

Already got people completely writing them off

:lol

Milbuck
11-23-2015, 01:31 AM
ISO ball isn't going to beat us in a 7 game series with HCA. Not even with two top 10 players.

The Spurs are the biggest threat.
Durant and Westbrook aren't just run of the mill top 10 players. At any given moment they can be the two best players in the world. Those two at the top of their games are unlike anything you guys have seen in the playoffs since your breakout. This ain't Delly and JR Smith we're talking about. Everything in the isoball vs teamball debate goes out the window when you're playing two juggernauts like that.

And isoball dropped 30 in a half on one foot against you guys last year and had you guys looking entirely vulnerable.

Mr. Jabbar
11-23-2015, 01:32 AM
durant is a beta, westbrook is too dumb. not happening.

okc is a 2 year old story. not even relevant right now.

Smoke117
11-23-2015, 01:37 AM

You appreciate something I don't remember? I wish my all of my old gf's would do the same. It'd make my love life much easier...

Cocaine80s
11-23-2015, 01:37 AM
Nah, Cavs fully healthy have the best chance

I dont trust Donovan

Milbuck
11-23-2015, 01:39 AM
Nah, Cavs fully healthy have the best chance

I dont trust Donovan
I trust Lebron and Kyrie is cold af but I honestly think Draymond would make Love his prison bitch.

Akrazotile
11-23-2015, 01:41 AM
OKC is no threat to the Dubs, as long as this guy is around

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/3081764/images/n-IGUODALA-large570.jpg

Cocaine80s
11-23-2015, 01:43 AM
I trust Lebron and Kyrie is cold af but I honestly think Draymond would make Love his prison bitch.
Love always destroyed the Warriors when he was on the wolves

Last year he was just decent against them. As long as he doesnt **** up too much I think the Cavs will be alright

Fudge
11-23-2015, 01:45 AM
:rockon:

Durant is the best player in the world.

Proctor
11-23-2015, 01:52 AM
https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/pop.png

Biggest threat to the Warriors are the Spurs. Can't underestimate the value of playing with a brain. Thunder are only as strong as the weakest link, and there is always one dumbass on that team whether it's a player or their coach.

dabigbaws
11-23-2015, 02:03 AM
OKC is no threat to the Dubs, as long as this guy is around

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/3081764/images/n-IGUODALA-large570.jpg

Oh the guy durant got his career high against.

Hittin_Shots
11-23-2015, 02:22 AM
Yea whichever decent team they end up on next season will have a great chance of stopping GSW.

CTbasketball92
11-23-2015, 02:23 AM
Durant and Westbrook are just so good anything is possible. We can't forget how nasty Durant is when at 100% too. The warriors can't guard them. I think they need a more reliable SG/playmaker than Waiters tho'. He is awful, cannot shoot at all.

The Cavs are the only team that can definitely beat them imo. They might be the second deepest team in the league, and once Kyrie gets back, they will be an extremely tough out.

fragokota
11-23-2015, 02:25 AM
Nah, you trippin bro if you think Iso ball can win against a TEAM like GSW. Yes KD & Westbrook are talented af but there's not so much talent around them anyways. Let alone KD's suspect playoff performance in the past and Westbrook's low iq and decision making. It ain't happening. SAS on the other hand...

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-23-2015, 02:29 AM
Still to early but OKC won't win anything if they keep playing Iso ball. it'll basically cause the other 3 players on the court to become spotup shooters and go cold.:cheers:

J Shuttlesworth
11-23-2015, 02:34 AM
One problem is that Curry still won't have to work defensively. They'll put Klay on Westbrook and Iggy on KD. Curry will probably cover someone like Dion, so Curry will still have a ton of energy on offense.

I think out of anyone in the West, the Spurs have a better shot at beating the Dubs.

Young X
11-23-2015, 02:37 AM
Basketball is a team sport, Westbrook and Durant can go ham and outplay their matchups, but the other 3 positions and bench is gonna get shit on. Then you add coaching in the mix and it's an impossible scenario. How exactly does OKC win 4 times? They are worse both defensively AND offensively, trying to outscore Warriors isn't gonna work, trying to shut them down isn't gonna work, Warriors are the Spurs on steroids.Basically.

The Spurs are the only ones who can do it. They have the coaching, frontcourt offense, perimeter defense and bench play to beat the Warriors. They also share the ball and have reliable role players. Anyone can step in and give a solid contribution on any night.

I still maintain that the Spurs were the 2nd best team last season and could've beaten the Warriors had they faced them. They were the only team that made them look normal.

Heavincent
11-23-2015, 02:39 AM

This. Warriors wouldn't be phased by Durant and Westbrook's hot streaks.

Spurs have the best shot with their size and intelligence.

PsychoBe
11-23-2015, 02:40 AM
dion will stop them both

Hopper15
11-23-2015, 02:47 AM
Spurs are the only threat to Warriors and that's mostly because of Pop.

Pop is the only coach in the nba that can (if it's possible at all) find a counter to the Warriors smallball lineup with draymond at 5.

Blatt, Rivers or Billy Donovan won't find the counter to the Warriors smallball.

Hopper15
11-23-2015, 02:50 AM
Love always destroyed the Warriors when he was on the wolves

Last year he was just decent against them. As long as he doesnt **** up too much I think the Cavs will be alright

Love when he was on the Wolves didn't do anything but pad his stats on a bunch losing teams. He's overrated just like Al Jefferson

Milbuck
11-23-2015, 03:03 AM
I really think people are forgetting how insanely good Durant was. Dude was playing at a peak Bird-Lebron level for a while there, was burned out by the playoffs...but if MVP-form Durant and current Westbrook see the floor together, I really think they can beat anyone regardless of system and coaching. I get the isoball argument but I think at some point raw superstar talent is overwhelming and if Durant and Westbrook are playing at peak levels that's exactly what they are...overwhelming.

I guess we're just gonna have to wait and see.

Rocketswin2013
11-23-2015, 03:04 AM
Cleveland seems to be the only team loaded enough IMO.

Irving/Mo/Delly
Shump/JR/Jones
LeBron/Jefferson/
Love/TT
Mozgov/Varejao

That's insane depth. They're a top 5 offense and top 10 defense without Kyrie and with Mozgov sucking to start the year due to the surgery(their best defender and second best offensive weapon).

32-3 when healthy last year, and they're better this year. Don't sleep on them.

TheMilkyBarKid
11-23-2015, 03:05 AM
Spurs or healthy cavs could get it done.

You may be able to hide curry from kyrie on defense, but he will still torch you. Would've made last finals very interesting.

Heavincent
11-23-2015, 03:14 AM
I really think people are forgetting how insanely good Durant was. Dude was playing at a peak Bird-Lebron level for a while there, was burned out by the playoffs...but if MVP-form Durant and current Westbrook see the floor together, I really think they can beat anyone regardless of system and coaching. I get the isoball argument but I think at some point raw superstar talent is overwhelming and if Durant and Westbrook are playing at peak levels that's exactly what they are...overwhelming.

I guess we're just gonna have to wait and see.

Defense is a bigger problem than the iso ball. GS would have a field day.

SwishSquared
11-23-2015, 03:20 AM

I guess we're just gonna have to wait and see.The problem will be their defense.

Westbrook has bad focus on D- will he stay engaged enough to at least try to wear down Curry some? Can't play Kanter at all when Curry is on the floor, which means he's gonna play 10-15mpg. Morrow, Singler, and Augstin aren't stopping anybody. Waiters is mercurial- you literally don't know what he's gonna do.

They have Roberson, Ibaka, and Adams who can expel lots of energy on D without worrying about conserving energy for offense. Durant is above average on D and Westbrook can be great when he wants. So at best they have 5 plus-defenders.

I don't see how they stop the Dubs, even if they play those 5 guys 38mpg. And if they do, GSW will not defend Roberson.

Also, Donovan has a LONG way to go before he can even be making critical decisions in a meaningful playoff game. Apparently recently he drew up a play in a TO and Westbrook walked away from the huddle saying "f--- that," and ignored the play call. Isolated incident but would it surprise you, based on seeing this team, if the players have little confidence in him?

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-23-2015, 03:22 AM
The problem will be their defense.

Westbrook has bad focus on D- will he stay engaged enough to at least try to wear down Curry some? Can't play Kanter at all when Curry is on the floor, which means he's gonna play 10-15mpg. Morrow, Singler, and Augstin aren't stopping anybody. Waiters is mercurial- you literally don't know what he's gonna do.

They have Roberson, Ibaka, and Adams who can expel lots of energy on D without worrying about conserving energy for offense. Durant is above average on D and Westbrook can be great when he wants. So at best they have 5 plus-defenders.

I don't see how they stop the Dubs, even if they play those 5 guys 38mpg. And if they do, GSW will not defend Roberson.

Also, Donovan has a LONG way to go before he can even be making critical decisions in a meaningful playoff game. Apparently recently he drew up a play in a TO and Westbrook walked away from the huddle saying "f--- that," and ignored the play call. Isolated incident but would it surprise you, based on seeing this team, if the players have little confidence in him?

Wow. I see that OKC or at least WB isn't ready to win. :facepalm

knicksman
11-23-2015, 03:24 AM
It still comes down to whos the unstoppable player among the 3 and curry is already no. 3 all time in finals 4th qtrs while durant can be stopped by a midget. And westbrook? His shitty fg% tells me that hes too easy to stop too. The only team that has a chance is cle if irving becomes as good as curry this season. The irving that bran wanted to ride till his career is done

SwishSquared
11-23-2015, 03:44 AM
Wow. I see that OKC or at least WB isn't ready to win. :facepalmThat's not an indictment on WB- did you not get that was a critique of Donovan? They fired Scott Brooks for a reason, yet their current coach is making plenty of the same mistakes. The dude doesn't appear to know what he's doing, which is another disadvantage of the Thunder.

Do you expect him to come up with schemes to better hide his defensively-deficient players? I don't. Do you expect him to draw up easy looks to free up his stars? I don't.

It's asking a ton of WB & KD to overcome a flawed roster and coach against a team with the best-balanced squad in the whole league and one that features a very competent coaching staff.

You read that whole post and came away with me thinking WB isn't ready to win :facepalm

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-23-2015, 03:48 AM
That's not an indictment on WB- did you not get that was a critique of Donovan? They fired Scott Brooks for a reason, yet their current coach is making plenty of the same mistakes. The dude doesn't appear to know what he's doing, which is another disadvantage of the Thunder.

Do you expect him to come up with schemes to better hide his defensively-deficient players? I don't. Do you expect him to draw up easy looks to free up his stars? I don't.

It's asking a ton of WB & KD to overcome a flawed roster and coach against a team with the best-balanced squad in the whole league and one that features a very competent coaching staff.

You read that whole post and came away with me thinking WB isn't ready to win :facepalm

How about giving your new head coach some confidence and trust?

SwishSquared
11-23-2015, 03:52 AM
How about giving your new head coach some confidence and trust?I think it'd be a big anomaly for a guy to guy from awful to competent within the same season. It can definitely happen year-to-year, but I really doubt he gets to that point in time for OKC to knock out the Dubs.

Learning curve is super steep, even with two top 10 players (who have simultaneously played @ top 5 levels in the past).

Presti may have undermanned this squad, both from a role player perspective and in hiring Donovan.

I'll happily admit being wrong but Donovan is off to a really bad start.

Milbuck
11-23-2015, 04:02 AM
The problem will be their defense.

GS is an absolute machine that has been clicking for over a year now, I think it's too early to judge OKC with how many moving pieces and uncertainty they've had. From what I've seen there's a lot of confusion on both ends and because of it it's also affecting their effort and commitment on the defensive end. Hell, even Ibaka hasn't looked like himself entirely this year on D. I just don't think this is the Thunder team we're gonna get in the playoffs, they're going to ramp up the intensity progressively.

65 games from now when their offense is much smoother and they can focus more intently on defense, and into the playoffs where the intensity is at its highest, do I think Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka, Adams..who are probably gonna be playing the bulk of the minutes at 1 & 3/4/5..do I think they're gonna be gambling and going anywhere less than 100%? I just don't see it, I can't imagine a Westbrook and Durant led team in the playoffs just letting teams run over them like they're Philly's bench. I think by playoff time they're as hungry as ever and when they lock down I see no reason why they can't hang with GS defensively as much as any other contender this side of San Antonio.

Stagger the lineups so one of Ibaka or Adams is on the floor at all times for paint protection, play Roberson in small-ball lineups with Ibaka at the 5 so you can squeeze in a shooter like Morrow to compensate for Roberson's O.

FWIW, Kanter actually looked pretty solid defensively in the 4th Q tonight against Dallas. It's nothing to get hyped over, but it does show that there's potential there. If he can be at least serviceable defensively in the 15-20 minutes he's on the court, it would be HUGE for them.

guy
11-23-2015, 11:07 AM

This. These guys haven't done shit in the playoffs in the last 3 years. Best team they beat were the Clippers who actually got screwed in that series i.e. Reggie Jackson non-out of bounds call. They haven't even came close to the level the Warriors have been at since last year.

dunksby
11-23-2015, 11:10 AM
I'm hoping we get to peak post-allstar break and storm into the postseason, that's the best scenario for us to win it all.

Papaya Petee
11-23-2015, 11:29 AM
Westbrook is better than Curry, just saying.

If Curry had the balls to guard Westbrook for a 7 game series, he'd get destroyed

Gileraracer
11-23-2015, 11:56 AM

If Curry had the balls to guard Westbrook for a 7 game series, he'd get destroyed

He didn't need to because WB missed the playoffs :pimp:

Quickening
11-23-2015, 11:57 AM
LeKing without half his team missing will crush them

RRR3
11-23-2015, 12:27 PM

:applause:

LikeMike
11-23-2015, 12:37 PM
No 2 guys can take on the Warriors. The only things that stops the Warriors are them losing players or chemistry.

game3524
11-23-2015, 12:53 PM
Durant and Westbrook aren't just run of the mill top 10 players. At any given moment they can be the two best players in the world. Those two at the top of their games are unlike anything you guys have seen in the playoffs since your breakout. This ain't Delly and JR Smith we're talking about. Everything in the isoball vs teamball debate goes out the window when you're playing two juggernauts like that.

And isoball dropped 30 in a half on one foot against you guys last year and had you guys looking entirely vulnerable.

This.

Talent generally wins out and OKC arguably have the two best players in a potential series.

Hopper15
11-23-2015, 01:12 PM
This.

Talent generally wins out and OKC arguably have the two best players in a potential series.

Tell that to the 04 Pistons when they took down the heavy favored Lakers.

game3524
11-23-2015, 01:20 PM
Tell that to the 04 Pistons when they took down the heavy favored Lakers.

You think Pistons win that series if Kobe was actually playing well?

Hopper15
11-23-2015, 01:33 PM
You think Pistons win that series if Kobe was actually playing well?

Don't care.

Heavincent
11-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Westbrook is not better than Curry. Just stop.

game3524
11-23-2015, 01:41 PM

The gap between them isn't that great.

Healthy KD is better then both.

Fudge
11-23-2015, 01:56 PM
The gap between them isn't that great.

Healthy KD is better then both.
Keep preaching, young negro. Keep ****ing preaching. :applause:

Papaya Petee
11-23-2015, 04:38 PM
29/10/8/2/1 vs 34/6/5/3/0
Curry is a better shooter, thats it.

Westbrook is arguably the best slasher in the league, better rebounder, better defender, arguably better playmaker, better defender, faster, stronger, more athletic.

Westbrooks better

r0drig0lac
11-23-2015, 04:51 PM

Westbrook is arguably the best slasher in the league, better rebounder, better defender, arguably better playmaker, better defender, faster, stronger, more athletic.

Westbrooks better
word

imdaman99
11-23-2015, 05:14 PM
Curry has less responsibilities than Westbrook does. Curry knows as soon as he picks up 1 foul, he has Klay and Iggy and even Green ready to do the dirty work for him. I'm glad the NBA Finals MVP voters recognized that and passed on him even though he was the most irreplaceable player on the Warriors.

Durant at his best is easily better than him and when Westbrook is rolling, he is better than Curry. Is Curry hard to guard? Of course. And I don't even think OKC can beat them in a series...but that's what I wanna see. Set it up in the 1st round for all I care. As long as OKC doesn't have injuries and some time to gel, they are a tough out.

fragokota
11-23-2015, 05:24 PM

Why would you want your best offensive player to tire out trying to guard a pitbull like Westbrook when you can "hide" him on Roberson? That doesn't make sense. It not "having balls" that gets you chips but game tactics sure helps. Gtfo with these retarded comments. :biggums:

Spurs m8
11-23-2015, 05:26 PM
Yes, OKC and their average defense and ISO plays should stop the Warriors very easy.
Especially with KD being so healthy.

This is a very good thread.

JerrySeinfeld
11-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Yes, OKC and their average defense and ISO plays should stop the Warriors very easy.
Especially with KD being so healthy.

This is a very good thread.

I don't think he said they would easily beat the Warriors or anything, just that they are the NBA's best hope at stopping this team.

Durant does always light up the Warriors, last game I watched they showed that his best road games always come in the Oracle, Westbrook is an absolute animal. I don't think it's too too crazy to think that in a 7 game series those two could somehow win 4 games.

I do think OKC has plenty of problems right now though, making it super unlikely atm. They invested so much in Kanter, they need to play him more than just 20MPG. He's among the elite in PER with crazy offense and rebounding production and efficency. With them starting Ibaka and Roberson I don't know why Kanter can't start as well. If he got 30MPG next to Westbrook he could definitely be a 20/10 big.

Milbuck
11-23-2015, 06:48 PM
I don't think he said they would easily beat the Warriors or anything, just that they are the NBA's best hope at stopping this team.

Durant does always light up the Warriors, last game I watched they showed that his best road games always come in the Oracle, Westbrook is an absolute animal. I don't think it's too too crazy to think that in a 7 game series those two could somehow win 4 games.

I do think OKC has plenty of problems right now though, making it super unlikely atm. They invested so much in Kanter, they need to play him more than just 20MPG. He's among the elite in PER with crazy offense and rebounding production and efficency. With them starting Ibaka and Roberson I don't know why Kanter can't start as well. If he got 30MPG next to Westbrook he could definitely be a 20/10 big.
I watched late stretches of last night's game against Dallas and Kanter actually looked pretty good defensively, not just by his standards but in general. The ability is there, it's not like he's not talented enough to be serviceable there. He just has to do it consistently, and that's partially up to him, mostly up to Donovan, and partially up to Durant and Westbrook as leaders to get on him about it.

Donovan needs to make a statement and just bench him every second he's not totally engaged on that end. I haven't seen enough of OKC to know if he's already doing that, I do see that his minutes have been reduced by like 10 mpg from last year. Kanter got paid but he's still gonna want his minutes and touches, if you refuse to play him unless he buys in defensively, he'll step it up. From what I've been reading, some of the players on OKC have talked about how he's aware of his defense needing improvement and is working at it.

Milbuck
11-24-2015, 12:38 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jOdS9.gif

It's just a matter of time. Durant and Westbrook are gonna save the league.

SwishSquared
11-24-2015, 12:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jOdS9.gif

It's just a matter of time. Durant and Westbrook are gonna save the league.Eh is that *that* impressive though? I know KD was cold blooded tonight, but Jazz have a bad PG rotation and no decent backup bigs. I didn't watch the game btw b/c I watched Wiggins

KG215
11-24-2015, 12:52 AM
I know the Jazz have been somewhat disappointing this year, but they're still a solid team and OKC gets Durant back and goes into Utah on the second night of a back-to-back and wins by 22 (was a 34 point game at one point). But Durant goes all Durant and drops an effortless 27 points on 13 shots in just 30 minutes.

OKC still has some big issues to work out, but tonight was one of those glimpses at just how great OKC can be when they're clicking. They have the pieces and the shooters and have two of the top 5 players in the world.

SyRyanYang
11-24-2015, 01:03 AM
I too agree that the Thunder when healthy is a bigger threat than the Spurs. They have pretty good players around KD and Westbrook as well, maybe underused but definitely servicable.

DaOldLion
11-24-2015, 01:14 AM

Westbrooks better

Notice how you left out efficiency.. 57% TS vs 68% TS on more points.. The only thing Westbrook is better at is making dumb plays that kill the offense rhythm, last year, when Westbrook was missing the playoffs without KD, Curry was winning MVP and leading his team to a championship.

Westbrook doesn't do anything without KD, Durant made the playoffs when Westbrook went down but Brook wasn't good enough to get it done without KD.

https://static-ssl.businessinsider.com/image/54abf1db6da8118b1559827a/stephencurrycrossoveronwestbrook.gif

Spurs m8
11-24-2015, 01:42 AM
https://static-ssl.businessinsider.com/image/54abf1db6da8118b1559827a/stephencurrycrossoveronwestbrook.gif

Classic OKC

iznogood
11-24-2015, 03:03 AM
[QUOTE=Milbuck]I watched late stretches of last night's game against Dallas and Kanter actually looked pretty good defensively, not just by his standards but in general. The ability is there, it's not like he's not talented enough to be serviceable there. He just has to do it consistently, and that's partially up to him, mostly up to Donovan, and partially up to Durant and Westbrook as leaders to get on him about it.QUOTE]
Westbrook might be the worst defender on that team. His lack of discipline hurts his team badly and he doesn't care. Why would anyone take him seriously? Would you?
The leaders lead by example. He is no leader to me.

I agree with you that the level of telent is there for OKC to compete with the best, but their defense allows too many easy baskets. Westbrook is one of the main reasons.

knicksman
11-24-2015, 04:02 AM
Durant would still disappears when it matters and westbrook? The last time they made the playoffs, his clutch stats is shit. I think that was 0-22

Fudge
11-24-2015, 04:05 AM
Durant alone would shit on my Warriors, as he always does. They're his bitch forever.

Hopper15
11-24-2015, 04:17 AM
Durant alone would shit on my Warriors, as he always does. They're his bitch forever.

Stop trying to pretend to be a Warriors fan. It's pathetic.

Naero
11-24-2015, 04:37 AM
I trust Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook to step up to the challenge, but I don't trust the role-players to complement them over the hump; that also ties in to my misgivings towards Billy Donovan, who self-admittedly is bound for growing pains in this league.

Many won't contextualize the fact that outside of the Thunder's top-three players (the aforementioned duo of Westbrook and Kevin Durant, in addition to Serge Ibaka), they have perhaps one of the worst rosters of the league in terms of raw talent if you universalize that criteria to the rest of the league. It holds a comparable affinity to the 2001-2003 Lakers; apart from the superstar tandem of Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal, their roster mostly consisted of mid-tier role-players and journeyman, but GOAT-candidate coach Phil Jackson was the vehicle for their production.

A great coach institutes a system that accentuates all the strengths of role-players, and serves the exact definition of one: a player who depends on a system or superstar playmakers to productionally thrive, as opposed to their self-ability. The Thunder have been routed time and time again due to inconsistencies of production outside of the Thunder's "big three"

Papaya Petee
11-24-2015, 06:46 PM
Why would you want your best offensive player to tire out trying to guard a pitbull like Westbrook when you can "hide" him on Roberson? That doesn't make sense. It not "having balls" that gets you chips but game tactics sure helps. Gtfo with these retarded comments. :biggums:

Just because you ride the short bus doesn't give you the right to speak to grownups without permission. Go to your room son.

Westbrook will be guarding Curry and scoring 30 a game if they meet. Curry will be a bitch and hide. Simple.

CTbasketball92
11-24-2015, 06:51 PM
It still comes down to whos the unstoppable player among the 3 and curry is already no. 3 all time in finals 4th qtrs while durant can be stopped by a midget. And westbrook? His shitty fg% tells me that hes too easy to stop too. The only team that has a chance is cle if irving becomes as good as curry this season. The irving that bran wanted to ride till his career is done

I think a healthy Irving would've outplayed Curry last year. The Warriors couldn't even guard a completely banged up Kyrie last year. at 100%? No way. If he can drop 57 on the spurs, he will carve the GS defense up. I think the matchup will be a wash.

knicksman
11-24-2015, 08:10 PM
I think a healthy Irving would've outplayed Curry last year. The Warriors couldn't even guard a completely banged up Kyrie last year. at 100%? No way. If he can drop 57 on the spurs, he will carve the GS defense up. I think the matchup will be a wash.

Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991:
1) 1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (around 60% TS)
2) 2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
3) 2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
4) 1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
5) 1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
6) 2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
7) 1993 Michael Jordan 10.3
8) 2015 Lebron James 10.2 (51.7% TS)
nba.stats.com

this stat proves that curry is already one of the most unstoppable players of all time. Do you really think kyrie could go toe to toe in the 4th quarters against curry? The same kyrie who hasnt been in the playoffs since his career began? The same kyrie whos more unproven than bran in the playoffs. I dont think so. Hes an mvp for a reason and the best player right now to prove the haters wrong.

Milbuck
02-07-2016, 03:27 AM
They lost tonight but this was a tougher fight than ANY of the other contenders put up. Spurs and Cavs get raped, while Durant goes god mode as usual and almost wills them to it. By playoff time I like OKC's chances. Just like I said...Russ and KD are capable of beating teams by themselves. Didn't happen tonight but it will happen in the playoffs.

Im Still Ballin
02-07-2016, 03:31 AM
OKC knocks out the Spurs in 6-7 in the semis

WCF will be a WAR.

dabigbaws
02-07-2016, 04:22 AM
even with the terrible home-cooking the warriors got and everyone outside of KD, WB and kanter being retards they still nearly beat these clowns.

not worried.

Cocaine80s
02-07-2016, 04:41 AM
Westbrook looked terrible on defense. When Roberson gets back they need to put him on Curry and WB on Klay or something

ballinhun8
02-07-2016, 04:43 AM
Durant is not capable of playing god mode every game so your point is mute.

He has one decent/good game and they lose.

WorldWarriors
02-07-2016, 04:48 AM
They lost tonight but this was a tougher fight than ANY of the other contenders put up. Spurs and Cavs get raped, while Durant goes god mode as usual and almost wills them to it. By playoff time I like OKC's chances. Just like I said...Russ and KD are capable of beating teams by themselves. Didn't happen tonight but it will happen in the playoffs.
Cavs first game was closer at Oracle. Curry and Klay shot awful from 3 point range. I don't think that will happen too often.

dunksby
02-07-2016, 05:06 AM
Good job, good effort :lol

Rocketswin2013
02-07-2016, 03:14 PM
we are taking consolation prizes now.

"at least they didn't get blown out like SA and the Cavs".

jesus, how good is golden state.

SamuraiSWISH
02-07-2016, 03:16 PM
Not enough all around talent. If they still had Harden then definitely.

Fudge
02-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Nobody stepped up outside of KD, Russ, and Kanter. And almost won still. :lol

Warriors will forever be KD's bitch.

Funktion
02-07-2016, 03:30 PM
Good effort. Showed they wanted it way more than the Cavs. They took away the 3 pt line and Golden State was able to score almost at will in the paint. Barnes, speights, and Livingston all in double digits? Durant is a whole other animal. Dude loves playing against them.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
02-07-2016, 03:31 PM
Steph was 1-8 from 3. Klay was equally horrid. Refs started feeding Fts to the Thunder by end of the fourth. WB and FT 35 took almost 30 fts.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
02-07-2016, 03:32 PM
we are taking consolation prizes now.

"at least they didn't get blown out like SA and the Cavs".

jesus, how good is golden state.

pretty much on a shi t night for Steph, Dray and Klay where Thunder got fed Fts by the refs to make the game close.

Straight_Ballin
02-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Durant and Westbrook are the only ones that can save the league. No one else has what it takes. This league needs apex Russ and KD to get their shit together and step up in the playoffs or it's ring #2 for Steph, Iggy, Klay and crew.

No one cares about Durant and Westbrook save for a few fair weather fans.

People want to see Lebron get his ass handed to him by Curry and the Warriors.

Heavincent
02-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Just like I said...Russ and KD are capable of beating teams by themselves.

Most teams, but not the Warriors. You're not gonna beat them with two guys.

OKC needs more two way players.

thefatmiral
02-07-2016, 03:58 PM
The athleticism and length over small ball warriors gives them a chance. Hope they meet in the playoffs and the spurs get the scraps

Hopper15
02-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Curry/Thompson shot 2/14 from 3. Good luck hoping that happens again.

Milbuck
02-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Curry/Thompson shot 2/14 from 3. Good luck hoping that happens again.
And pretty much everyone outside of KD, Russ, and Kanter played like dogsh*t for OKC. They get an important defender in Roberson back, make a trade for a legit SG, and they're giving GS all they can handle in a series. OKC is way closer than you're willing to admit. They're a hell of a lot closer than San Antonio and Cleveland IMO.

Milbuck
02-07-2016, 05:54 PM
The athleticism and length over small ball warriors gives them a chance. Hope they meet in the playoffs and the spurs get the scraps
The thing OKC has that Cleveland and SA doesn't have is athletic bigs that can guard Dray and Iggy well enough and show on Curry too. They can go big without the problems that come with using that lineup against GS' death lineup. When San Antonio or Cleveland go big they get torched, OKC's bigs at least have a chance.

navy
02-07-2016, 05:58 PM
And pretty much everyone outside of KD, Russ, and Kanter played like dogsh*t for OKC. They get an important defender in Roberson back, make a trade for a legit SG, and they're giving GS all they can handle in a series. OKC is way closer than you're willing to admit. They're a hell of a lot closer than San Antonio and Cleveland IMO.
OKCs supporting cast wont do shit in the playoffs. The Thunder defense is just too poor. Durant and Westbrook would have to both go GOD mode for it to be a chance and Curry would have to disappear completely.

I agree. OKC has the right personal, but they dont play the right way on defense or at the end of games when Durant and Westbrook chuck 3 pointers.

Milbuck
02-07-2016, 06:05 PM
OKCs supporting cast wont do shit in the playoffs. The Thunder defense is just too poor. Durant and Westbrook would have to both go GOD mode for it to be a chance and Curry would have to disappear completely.

I agree. OKC has the right personal, but they dont play the right way on defense or at the end of games when Durant and Westbrook chuck 3 pointers.
OKC's defensive rotations looked fine in the 2nd half, very good in fact outside of some mistakes here and there that'll almost assuredly happen in your first matchup against this Golden State team, and that'll definitely be looked over religiously in film sessions. People were acting like they'd get ripped apart but when they made adjustments at half time they held GS to 43 in the 2nd. They switched KD onto Green for much of the Curry-Green PnR and it worked incredibly well, KD has the size/length and speed to guard either and it allows them to hide Kanter as well. A 4-out offense with KD playing full time PF is one of the few lineups in basketball that can seriously hurt Golden State.

Like you said it's the end of game things that killed them. OKC was pretty much like 2-3 good plays instead of chucked long jumpers away from beating Golden State at home. I'm positive when they watch the tape they'll see the same things we do.

Cocaine80s
02-07-2016, 06:22 PM
Milbuck was always an okc fan. He just stanned the Bucks for shits and giggles :lol

You Cant Ban Me
02-07-2016, 06:24 PM
how bout them bucks......:roll:

Milbuck
02-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Milbuck was always an okc fan. He just stanned the Bucks for shits and giggles :lol
Pretty much. Surprised how successful this gimmick has been. Like people actually think I'm from Wisconsin, went to UW and shit :lol

Fudge'd.

TheMarkMadsen
02-07-2016, 06:25 PM
I'll believe OKC has a chance when I see them run something other than a ****ing ISO when they are in need of a basket.

WorldWarriors
02-07-2016, 06:28 PM
OKC's defensive rotations looked fine in the 2nd half, very good in fact outside of some mistakes here and there that'll almost assuredly happen in your first matchup against this Golden State team, and that'll definitely be looked over religiously in film sessions. People were acting like they'd get ripped apart but when they made adjustments at half time they held GS to 43 in the 2nd. They switched KD onto Green for much of the Curry-Green PnR and it worked incredibly well, KD has the size/length and speed to guard either and it allows them to hide Kanter as well. A 4-out offense with KD playing full time PF is one of the few lineups in basketball that can seriously hurt Golden State.

Like you said it's the end of game things that killed them. OKC was pretty much like 2-3 good plays instead of chucked long jumpers away from beating Golden State at home. I'm positive when they watch the tape they'll see the same things we do. Well when the game was tied Green single handedly out rebounded those bigs. If they're gonna beat the Warriors they'll have to out hustle them too.

Spurs5Rings2014
02-08-2016, 12:48 AM
Bookmarked.

:coleman:

BigMacAttack
02-08-2016, 01:05 AM
OKC wont beat GSW over 7 games, they aren't smart enough. They got a cold shooting night from GSW and still couldn't do it.

Da_Realist
02-08-2016, 01:30 AM
OKC wont beat GSW over 7 games, they aren't smart enough. They got a cold shooting night from GSW and still couldn't do it.

True. They did show the type of team and gameplan needed to compete against GSW. Too bad they still don't know how to defend out of bounds plays. Smh... Can't give away free points on something they should have mastered in high school.

ImKobe
02-08-2016, 01:40 AM
OKC doesn't have the bigs nor the bench to match Golden State, though. It would take Russ and KD both putting up about 30 plus Russ limiting Steph for most of the series. Ibaka and Kanter are trash compared to Bogut and Green.

dabigbaws
02-08-2016, 01:41 AM

Cold shooting night? These ****** were hitting everything in the first half and our bench was ****ing terrible

If our bench even played to half of what they are capable of and the refs didn't call every touch foul on OKC in the first half, OKC would've won. Easily.

HenryGarfunkle
02-08-2016, 01:41 AM
No you moron, they're just not talented enough outside westbrook/durant. Was that not obvious to you? Singler is smart, he just sucks. Dick. He's ****ing garbage. We have a rookie back up pointguard. And a bunch of other no-name, no-talent bums.

Durant's the best player in the universe, but one dude can't make up for 11 other positional mismatches. He took a steaming shit on Golden state like he always does, which marginalized the warriors win. I walked away happy knowing Durant proved once again he's the best.

Hopper15
02-08-2016, 03:19 AM
Cold shooting night? These ****** were hitting everything in the first half and our bench was ****ing terrible

If our bench even played to half of what they are capable of and the refs didn't call every touch foul on OKC in the first half, OKC would've won. Easily.

Capable of what? OKC's bench is awful outside of Kanter.

La Frescobaldi
02-08-2016, 03:50 AM
much as i hate to say it i don't think okc will ever win with westbrook and durant on that team.

too much... not hero ball but close to it...... it's bad enough to have 1 but 2 on the same team just ain't do-able. these guys are not like o'neal and bryant two different positions two different styles that worked great together.

it's almost like......... thunder don't even play together very well.

crazy to say it because they seem so great and win a lot of games.... but this has been how many seasons now? of the same exact failure points that don't ever change.

Marchesk
02-08-2016, 03:53 AM
crazy to say it because they seem so great and win a lot of games.... but this has been how many seasons now? of the same exact failure points that don't ever change.

Yeah, but to be fair, injuries have really hurt their title hopes since Harden got traded. Let's see how they do this year in the playoffs when both are hopefully 100%.

AirBonner
02-08-2016, 03:56 AM
Yeah, but to be fair, injuries have really hurt their title hopes since Harden got traded. Let's see how they do this year in the playoffs when both are hopefully 100%.
as good as they are I feel they are being held back by Westbrook's poverty stricken 36" vert

La Frescobaldi
02-08-2016, 03:59 AM

Where i was hopeful was when D Fisher showed up out there. I figured that was the exact correct move to get the whole team involved because Fisher excelled at that.
Durant signed on; Westbrook failed miserably at that concept.

Injuries are what they are man. Cant help those happening. Injuries should be freaking outlawed lol

konex
02-08-2016, 04:01 AM
They proved it last night. They are the only matchup where Steph and/or Klay don't get a night off on defense. Need to improve that bench though...

Marchesk
02-08-2016, 04:07 AM
as good as they are I feel they are being held back by Westbrook's poverty stricken 36" vert

I thought it was 36.5"? :biggums:

JimmyMcAdocious
02-08-2016, 04:11 AM
You don't match up with GS's small lineup. No other team in the NBA has the pieces to counter. It will just work into their hands playing their strengths to something you're not used to implementing. Or if someone tries to build a lineup towards countering GS's smallball... Let's be real. You're not realistically making a lineup better than Steph/Klay/Iggy/Barnes/Green without using most of your cap. GS got a bit lucky having Curry on the cheap, drafting almost all their key guys (rookie contracts), having the cap raise while all these players are signing extensions, and just having role players willing to sacrifice in today's NBA. Perfect storm, really.

So you do build a formidable small lineup then GS can go with Bogut and other teams will beat on your midget lineup over time. There's a reason why GS doesn't just start that "death lineup" or play them most of the game.

imo, get a beast at center Draymond at least has to work against and a PF who can rebound and defend enough (probably ends up on Barnes - don't need to worry too much about getting taken off the dribble). Have a shooter at PG because GS switches everything. You normally don't want to switch against actual offensive threats in screening situations. Those players kill you like what Steph does if you switch on their high ball screens. Make sure Steph has to actually play defense. Tho the Warriors run so many damn off-ball screening and all their players move, they eventually get the mismatch. It's a pain in the ass lineup.

Mainly, imo, it's about rebounding (I've seen that lineup get killed on the boards), having just enough defensive versatility to where you can guard an Iggy/Barnes/Green frontcourt, and having players on the other end GS can't check. Namely a center Draymond has trouble with and having someone like Durant helps since it seems like no one on the Warriors can check him. Definitely need offensive threats 1-5 tho, and I really think it's important Curry is forced to play defense.

That's only my guess. Who knows if it even works and the roster still needs to be built. Can't think of any NBA team currently with the pieces needed. I think OKC is the closest, but Kanter is such shit on defense and your SG needs to not be Waiters or Roberson. SG can be fixed with a trade this season if OKC wanted to. Good luck making Kanter a better defender or finding a complete center a team is willing to trade away.

theaussieguy
02-08-2016, 04:14 AM

http://i.imgur.com/lMEa58i.jpg

its true, Westbrook really brings the whole team down with his sub par measurements.

sportjames23
02-08-2016, 08:32 AM
When's the next time GS and OKC play? I know they do play only two more times, but is the next game in OKC?

All Net
02-08-2016, 09:41 AM
27th Feb in OKC

Fudge
02-08-2016, 07:18 PM
No you moron, they're just not talented enough outside westbrook/durant. Was that not obvious to you? Singler is smart, he just sucks. Dick. He's ****ing garbage. We have a rookie back up pointguard. And a bunch of other no-name, no-talent bums.

Durant's the best player in the universe, but one dude can't make up for 11 other positional mismatches. He took a steaming shit on Golden state like he always does, which marginalized the warriors win. I walked away happy knowing Durant proved once again he's the best.

TheBigVeto
02-08-2016, 10:14 PM
Westbrook's low IQ will singlehandedly prevent the Thunder from stopping the Warriors.

J Shuttlesworth
03-04-2016, 02:24 AM
nah tbh

Achilleas
03-04-2016, 02:30 AM
i miss fudge :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Milbuck
03-04-2016, 02:31 AM
They have been right there in the vast majority of all 3 games and had game 2 in the palm of their hands. Golden State wiped their ass with Cleveland and SAS by 30+, Durant and Westbrook proved they can hang with this team at will even with all their retarded mistakes and the team's overall crap defense. I stand by this shit completely.

Terahite
03-04-2016, 02:36 AM
Clippers have a better chance of winning in a 7 game series with Dubs than OKC

SwayDizzle
03-04-2016, 02:43 AM
IF Durant goes into beast mode much like Curry did in that OT game, then I like OKC, the most out of any team in the NBA, to beat the Warriors.

Heavincent
03-04-2016, 02:43 AM
They have been right there in the vast majority of all 3 games and had game 2 in the palm of their hands. Golden State wiped their ass with Cleveland and SAS by 30+, Durant and Westbrook proved they can hang with this team at will even with all their retarded mistakes and the team's overall crap defense. I stand by this shit completely.

Those retarded mistakes are always gonna happen though, because that's who they are. They're not a smart team.

You need to be super disciplined on both ends of the court to have a chance against GS in a 7 game series, which is why the Spurs have the best shot.

Not to mention their defense sucks. Or maybe it doesn't suck, but it's not good enough.

SwishSquared
03-04-2016, 12:12 PM
They have been right there in the vast majority of all 3 games and had game 2 in the palm of their hands. Golden State wiped their ass with Cleveland and SAS by 30+, Durant and Westbrook proved they can hang with this team at will even with all their retarded mistakes and the team's overall crap defense. I stand by this shit completely.KD/WB and Lillard/McCollum are the only 2-man pairings that bring enough offensive firepower to hang with them. The problem is they basically have only 4 guys they can play vs. the Dubs, the rest make for unbalanced, unreliable lineups. Factor in low BBIQ, lackadaisical defense, and a weak coach- that's a LOT to overcome.

I'm not sure that the Clippers can beat this team either, especially if Jeff Green doesn't magically become good. Maybe they have a better shot than the Thunder since CP3/JJ/BG/DJ > WB/KD/Ibaka/Adams imo.

Cleveland won't beat them until Kyrie and LBJ stop ISOing every other play, and everybody buys in on D.

I know 1 game where the Dubs wrecked the Spurs that Duncan sat out but don't they have 3 more meetings soon or something? Duncan is still so key for them since he's their only good defensive big man. I'm not sure Parker can play many mins against the Dubs though.

red1
03-04-2016, 12:14 PM
I am a big fan of KD and westbrook. These kids have the raw talent and they have been through some shit in their careers. I would not be surprised at all if they took the warriors out.

Im Still Ballin
03-04-2016, 12:15 PM
I still predict OKC take out SAS in the 2nd round

TheReal Kendall
03-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Nope. They need more pieces, a better coach, and better playstyle.

They won't win any rings the way they're playing now. Probably need to break them up cause it's just not work and there's no improvement.

riseagainst
03-04-2016, 12:27 PM

:biggums:

why are you always so angry?

PP34Deuce
03-04-2016, 01:11 PM
Coaching and playing Enes Kanter meaningful minutes holds this team back.

They are build defensively for the warriors. They get force turnovers and are all athletic.

Im Still Ballin
05-16-2016, 11:40 PM

OKC knocks out the Spurs in 6-7 in the semis

WCF will be a WAR.

Me and Milbuck KNOW Basketball

Smartest dudes on ISH

Doranku
05-16-2016, 11:42 PM

k0kakw0rld
05-16-2016, 11:43 PM

ArbitraryWater
05-17-2016, 12:07 AM
:rockon:

Milbuck
05-17-2016, 12:11 AM
https://media.riffsy.com/images/105dc822ced1fe750b0b2dce8149cd68/raw

Russ tonight, KD another night. Golden State might not lose this year but if they do it'll be to this team.

Lmao at all the people counting out the best duo in basketball.

Gilles Simon
05-17-2016, 12:12 AM
:bowdown:

SilkkTheShocker
05-17-2016, 12:15 AM
Won't mean a whole lot because CLE would clobber OKC in finals.

sportjames23
05-17-2016, 12:17 AM

Well damn. :oldlol:

Im Still Ballin
05-17-2016, 12:17 AM
The real basketball minds KNEW this was the toughest matchup for Golden state

Im Still Ballin
05-17-2016, 12:18 AM
Well damn. :oldlol:
Go to page 6 bro

Talk about penciling one in

sportjames23
05-17-2016, 12:19 AM
https://media.riffsy.com/images/105dc822ced1fe750b0b2dce8149cd68/raw

Russ tonight, KD another night. Golden State might not lose this year but if they do it'll be to this team.

Lmao at all the people counting out the best duo in basketball.

Milbuck
05-22-2016, 10:30 PM
This might actually happen :biggums: :biggums:

stalkerforlife
05-22-2016, 10:30 PM
Do you think OKC can beat the Cavs, Milbuck?

Milbuck
05-22-2016, 10:31 PM
Do you think OKC can beat the Cavs, Milbuck?
Yeah. Russ would WRECK Kyrie. I've never seen OKC like this, they want this bad.

Im Still Ballin
05-22-2016, 10:32 PM
This might actually happen :biggums: :biggums:
WE ARE GENIUSES BRO

sportjames23
05-22-2016, 10:32 PM
I'm Still Ballin and Milbuck = GOAT prognosticators?

stalkerforlife
05-22-2016, 10:33 PM
Yeah. Russ would WRECK Kyrie. I've never seen OKC like this, they want this bad.

Russ may be the most alpha player in the world right now; dude is a BULL.

And of course Durant is Durant.

tpols
05-22-2016, 10:46 PM

that was always my argument too.

steph is too similar to kyrie.. either could blow up.

Westbrook is like the perfect counter, especially w/ Love to attack in PnRs

Im Still Ballin
05-22-2016, 10:47 PM
Kyrie will be fine. LeBron will get his whole team organic open looks, and the defense will be stretched

Milbuck
05-23-2016, 02:27 AM
Kyrie will be fine. LeBron will get his whole team organic open looks, and the defense will be stretched
OKC's bigs will slaughter Love and TT imo. Honestly the only possible advantage they'd have is Lebron going god mode, and idk if that'll happen with his jumpshot the way it is and that beastly frontline waiting for him in the paint.

3ball
05-23-2016, 02:42 AM
OKC's bigs will slaughter Love and TT imo. Honestly the only possible advantage they'd have is Lebron going god mode, and idk if that'll happen with his jumpshot the way it is and that beastly frontline waiting for him in the paint.

You know damn well that's impossible for the exact reasons you stated - Lebron has no jumpshot and it's impossible to be in god-mode without a jumpshot.. He MISSED 80% of his jumpshots in 2 separate Finals, so the chances of his jumpshot getting HOT for more than a quarter or so is remote.. :confusedshrug:

However, even though good shooting is needed for god-mode, it isn't needed to be a top scorer in today's game - for example, Lebron's midrange percentage is below 40% for 10 of 13 seasons (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12389794&postcount=17) and his career 3-point percentage is only 31% in the playoffs.

The reality is that Lebron, Westbrook, Wade, Derozan and Butler ALL (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12389778&postcount=41) have sub-par 3-point and midrange efficiency, but they're still top scorers because today's wide open spacing and hands-off defense allows athletic players easier access to the rim than ever before.

MJ's athleticism would benefit the same way, except he had goat midrange efficiency, even better than Curry's (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12373019&postcount=26), which gives him a massive advantage over non-shooters Lebron, Westbrick and company.. MJ had Lebron/Westbrook's athleticism, with better midrange shooting than Steph Curry.. That's the goat

Milbuck
05-23-2016, 03:13 AM
You know damn well that's impossible for the exact reasons you stated - Lebron has no jumpshot and it's impossible to be in god-mode without a jumpshot.. He MISSED 80% of his jumpshots in 2 separate Finals, so the chances of his jumpshot getting HOT for more than a quarter or so is remote.. :confusedshrug:

However, even though good shooting is needed for god-mode, it isn't needed to be a top scorer in today's game - for example, Lebron's midrange percentage is below 40% for 10 of 13 seasons (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12389794&postcount=17) and his career 3-point percentage is only 31% in the playoffs.

The reality is that Lebron, Westbrook, Wade, Derozan and Butler ALL (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12389778&postcount=41) have sub-par 3-point and midrange efficiency, but they're still top scorers because today's wide open spacing and hands-off defense allows athletic players easier access to the rim than ever before.

MJ's athleticism would benefit the same way, except he had goat midrange efficiency, even better than Curry's (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12373019&postcount=26), which gives him a massive advantage over non-shooters Lebron, Westbrick and company.. MJ had Lebron/Westbrook's athleticism, with better midrange shooting than Steph Curry.. That's the goatNah

Im Still Ballin
05-23-2016, 03:26 AM
We'll see

I think they can match them in rebounding for sure... Perhaps they'll get exposed defensively

Maybe Mozgov can become of use... He's just about bigger than anybody

I also feel like Frye and Love's range could offset whatever advantage OKC's bigs might have

All speculation though

The game will be won or lost with LeBron/KD and Kyrie/Westbrook

I feel like LeBron will just find a way.. Not sure who they'll put on him, but I can imagine LeBron putting Roberson on the block and doing some good work

6-7 games Cavs win

Im Still Ballin
05-23-2016, 03:29 AM
I think LeBron at the PF for frontcourts of LeBron-Thompson or LeBron-Frye could be moneymakers

When motivated, he's an elite rebounder

But just the versatility and talent of him at the 4 would do something

BlakFrankWhite
05-23-2016, 03:35 AM
If elite defenders like Kawhi and Klay can't contain Westbrook how do the likes of Irving or JR have a chance?

Thunder in 5

Sarcastic
05-23-2016, 03:59 AM
Too early.

Russ still has quite a bit of stupid in him. Warriors still win in 7.

Im Still Ballin
05-24-2016, 11:53 PM
https://youtu.be/GGXzlRoNtHU

Intelligence.
Integrity.
Intensity.

Milbuck
05-25-2016, 12:00 AM
Too early.

Russ still has quite a bit of stupid in him. Warriors still win in 7.
Russ also has quite a bit of GOAT in him. Embrace it.

Milbuck
05-25-2016, 12:02 AM
If elite defenders like Kawhi and Klay can't contain Westbrook how do the likes of Irving or JR have a chance?

Thunder in 5
Cavs backcourt is gonna get wrecked. It's gonna come down to KD vs Bron II.

Im Still Ballin
05-25-2016, 12:03 AM
WatchTheThrone Part 2.

tpols
05-25-2016, 12:04 AM

KD is like a 6'11 Derozan, watch out :eek:

Thorn
05-25-2016, 12:25 AM
series not over by any means but the idea of Kyrie and Love trying to defend Westbrook is :roll: