PDA

View Full Version : How long until Okafor wants out?

SpaceJam
11-23-2015, 03:41 AM
http://www.crossingbroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Jahlild.gif

Gotta be so demoralizing as a player to be on a team as bad as this

dhsilv
11-23-2015, 03:42 AM
http://www.crossingbroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Jahlild.gif

Gotta be so demoralizing as a player to be on a team as bad as this

He'll be out before he asks. he's a trade piece of the sixers.

That said he's getting to play and had the team working to make him look better. He might not love where he's at, but he's actually in a good place for a rookie.

Magic 32
11-23-2015, 03:45 AM
When somebody ask him to play defense...

Akrazotile
11-23-2015, 03:53 AM
Hes not good enough for it to matter what he wants.

midatlantic09
11-23-2015, 04:59 AM
He shouldn't be complaining about anything at this point in his career. The fact remains that he's a 19-20 year old making nearly $5 million a year, has yet to become an all-star, still has a number of flaws in his game, and may not even win ROY.

Only once he truly establishes himself as a top NBA player can he start complaining about his team being so bad and wanting out. That kind of privilege shouldn't be given to guys who haven't made an all-star team.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-23-2015, 05:00 AM
He shouldn't be complaining about anything at this point in his career. The fact remains that he's a 19-20 year old making nearly $5 million a year, has yet to become an all-star, and still has a number of flaws in his game.

Only once he truly establishes himself as a top NBA player can he start complaining about his team being so bad and wanting out. That kind of privilege shouldn't be given to guys who aren't all-stars.

This

livingby3's
11-23-2015, 05:06 AM
He shouldn't be complaining about anything at this point in his career. The fact remains that he's a 19-20 year old making nearly $5 million a year, has yet to become an all-star, still has a number of flaws in his game, and may not even win ROY.

Only once he truly establishes himself as a top NBA player can he start complaining about his team being so bad and wanting out. That kind of privilege shouldn't be given to guys who haven't made an all-star team.

So much this. Players nowadays have that sense of self entitlement even when they haven't done shit or just after one good season

CarlosBoozer
11-23-2015, 05:07 AM
He ain't even the best rookie, he can't even play D

QuebecBaller
11-23-2015, 05:34 AM
He never wanted to be in anyway

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/r0qbwsjmnuf2rrvo7wxq.gif

Spurs m8
11-23-2015, 06:15 AM
Poor fella thought he was off to the Lakers.

He ended up at the only worse option.

JohnnySic
11-23-2015, 08:22 AM
He should just hang in there. Embiid will be back, and they're getting another top pick next year. They're gonna be good.

JohnFreeman
11-23-2015, 08:34 AM
Playing basketball for millions of dollars oh no.

StephHamann
11-23-2015, 08:34 AM
He should just hang in there. Embiid will be back, and they're getting another top pick next year. They're gonna be good.

https://media.giphy.com/media/13PBOiVnRnbuZa/giphy.gif

!@#$%Vectors!@#
11-23-2015, 08:49 AM

Winning the genetic lottery must suck right?

Dr Hawk
11-23-2015, 09:23 AM

This

dunksby
11-23-2015, 09:27 AM
So much this. Players nowadays have that sense of self entitlement even when they haven't done shit or just after one good season
I remember a few handful of players making demands and forcing their way into being picked by a specific team, but let's act like self entitled teenagers are something new.

SpaceJam
11-23-2015, 10:03 AM
People really sh^tting on the dude acting like because he is earning millions he should suck it up :roll:

Because he is getting paid big money he shouldn't be fed up with losing? get outta here

Even if I was a D-League type player on the Sixers bench I'd be over it too :roll:

Legends66NBA7
11-23-2015, 10:39 AM
People really sh^tting on the dude acting like because he is earning millions he should suck it up :roll:

Because he is getting paid big money he shouldn't be fed up with losing? get outta here

Even if I was a D-League type player on the Sixers bench I'd be over it too :roll:

This.

Sixers need to commit to winning eventually. I can't blame any of their players wanting out of this mess.

STATUTORY
11-23-2015, 10:42 AM
he doesn't play any defense and he's whining about the losses? it's his damn fault, 76ers are actually better without him on the court both offensively and defensively

dude too obstinate to realize they pumping and dumping him, he actually thinks he's a franchise cornerstone :roll:

JohnnySic
11-23-2015, 10:47 AM
he doesn't play any defense and he's whining about the losses? it's his damn fault, 76ers are actually better without him on the court both offensively and defensively

dude too obstinate to realize they pumping and dumping him, he actually thinks he's a franchise cornerstone :roll:
Meh. If Embiid can get healthy they will be an ideal combo. His defense wont matter so much playing next to Embiid.

STATUTORY
11-23-2015, 10:53 AM
Meh. If Embiid can get healthy they will be an ideal combo. His defense wont matter so much playing next to Embiid.

Embiid/Noel and Saric is the future

I firmly believe Okafor is being showcased for a trade, they priming the pump

HurricaneKid
11-23-2015, 11:43 AM
The DRTG of the 76ers when Oak is on the floor would be ~29th in the NBA. The DRTG of the 76ers when he is off the floor would be 1st. Not there is plenty of noise, its a small sample size, etc. But thats one helluva variance.

He is getting really close to Kanter territory.

DMAVS41
11-23-2015, 11:55 AM
LOL...that's what the Sixers want.

They, if they are smart, are going to drive up his trade value all year and then move him this off season or next year.

He's kind of a "fools gold" player a bit to me. I think he can be a really good player for a long time, but unless he becomes a good 3 point shooter...he won't be good enough to play the kind of game where the league is headed at a high enough level.

If he finishes the year averaging around 18/8...some stupid franchise will give up way too much for him...or perhaps a smart franchise that really needs a player like that.

But my guess is that Hinkie turns him into a top draft pick and a good young player within the year.

Wally450
11-23-2015, 11:57 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Dr Hawk
11-23-2015, 12:07 PM

What a disrespect by this undersized player

Killbot
11-23-2015, 12:24 PM

He should be fed up with losing, but he needs to give the franchise some time to rebuild (for him, he's been with the 76ers for less than a year). Talk about impatient. Use losing as motivation to craft his skills and improve on weaknesses.