PDA

View Full Version : How mcuh will Jordan Clarkson command this summer? who will go after him?

Dr Seuss
11-23-2015, 02:17 PM
Obviously the lakers will want to retain him, but other teams may just offer a good amount of moola

AirTupac
11-23-2015, 02:18 PM
Lol dude he's staying on the Lakers no matter what happens. Sorry kid.

AirTupac
11-23-2015, 02:19 PM
Quote:

The other point worth mentioning again is Clarkson would be a restricted free agent. The Lakers, for all the possibilities of poison pills and balloon payments, would still have the ability to match any offer. Further, because of the aforementioned Arenas Provision, they would be matching on a contract that is, at least at the outset, deflated in potential value and artificially capped due to the lower, MLE starting point for the first two seasons. This puts the Lakers in an advantageous position when negotiating his next contract..

In other words, he will be matched no matter what happens, poison pill or not.

Dr Seuss
11-23-2015, 02:20 PM
Lol dude he's staying on the Lakers no matter what happens. Sorry kid.

haha im a laker fan, so i want to see that happen. but considering hes unrestricted and currently playing on a team where he lacks consistent touches even though hes the teams best scorer, has to be getting to him.

kobe retiring next season would be a guarantee he stays, in my opinion. but anything can happen.

AirTupac
11-23-2015, 02:21 PM
haha im a laker fan, so i want to see that happen. but considering hes unrestricted and currently playing on a team where he lacks consistent touches even though hes the teams best scorer, has to be getting to him.

kobe retiring next season would be a guarantee he stays, in my opinion. but anything can happen.

I dont think hes unrestricted tho

Dr Seuss
11-23-2015, 02:24 PM
I dont think hes unrestricted tho

yeah youre right. i just looked it up. its similar to the lin situation with the knicks/rockets

AirTupac
11-23-2015, 02:26 PM
yeah youre right. i just looked it up. its similar to the lin situation with the knicks/rockets

Basically, Lakers will keep him for the next few years guaranteed. Well I personally think they'll sign him and then trade him down the line. I dont think Russel + Clarkson will ever work if they truly have championship aspirations. Need some defense on basically every position. Could see them acquiring a solid SF 3 and D guy for CLarkson

FKAri
11-23-2015, 02:41 PM
I don't like the Lakers' guard situation. The roles aren't well defined. I don't understand what Byron's doing out there. Least subtle tank I've seen in a while.

AirTupac
11-23-2015, 02:42 PM
I don't like the Lakers' guard situation. The roles aren't well defined. I don't understand what Byron's doing out there. Least subtle tank I've seen in a while.

Tank commander doing well in hopefully his last season here.

sammichoffate
11-23-2015, 02:54 PM
D'angelo and Clarkson can both play off the ball, it's just the shitty coaching that makes it less noticeable. Both can spot up and handle the ball while creating for others, it's just the defense that has to improve. People literally choosing the PG for the opposing fantasy team against these guys because they know they're gonna allow at least 30-40 a game.

Lakers Fan
11-23-2015, 04:36 PM
I like Clarkson on the offensive side of the ball but he's an undersized SG and his defense is atrocious. If the Lakers could get a solid player/picks in a trade for Clarkson and/or Randle, I'd be totally behind it. Russell at least tries to play defense.