PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Draft is All or Nothing

MMKM
11-23-2015, 09:26 PM
I got some backlash for writing what I thought about Skal Labissiere (not much), and I understand, he's just a kid...

However the gap between the #1 and 2 pick this year is going to be the size of the grand canyon. Watching Ben Simmons push the ball at full speed, seeing his court vision and basketball IQ, this year's draft lottery is win or go home. At times he looks like a left handed Magic Johnson. Sure some other players will pan out and be good NBA players, but Simmons is the one player in the draft with Hall of Fame potential.

If I were the 76ers I'd go 0-82 on purpose. It's that important.

el gringos
11-23-2015, 09:41 PM
Both guys at cal are going to get better and better. Was there a gap from pick 1 to 2 last draft?

MMKM
11-23-2015, 09:47 PM
Both guys at cal are going to get better and better. Was there a gap from pick 1 to 2 last draft?

I love Cal, I went to college there actually. I also love Rabb because he's from Oakland. But neither of them are even close to Simmons.

What does last year's draft have to do with anything?

JimmyMcAdocious
11-23-2015, 10:10 PM
Wow at Simmons passing up two potential game winning shots. You gotta take that shot. Especially since his last pass was to some scrub for an NBA ranged 3pt shot.

Looks legit, tho. From a skills and physical standpoint.

And, yeah, the difference between 1 and 2 is usually noticeable. There's a reason why people always posting about how the #2 pick is ends up a bust.

Cocaine80s
11-23-2015, 10:11 PM
Simmons passes too much

I havent even seen him make a jumpshot in any of his full highlight videos

el gringos
11-23-2015, 10:13 PM
I love Cal, I went to college there actually. I also love Rabb because he's from Oakland. But neither of them are even close to Simmons.

What does last year's draft have to do with anything?
Just to say that a gap from 1 to 2 isn't unprecedented.

Rabb looks a lot like towns to me as far as post play polish.

I agree that Simmons looks great, and maybe a tier above everyone else, but there are some players 2 on.

I haven't seen much of cal, but will see them a couple times in person and am looking forward to it. I just wonder how they got this recruiting class. Is counzo just that amazing or.........

Sportal
11-23-2015, 10:19 PM
21/18/7 holy damn... Shame they lost and he passed twice(? Really??) on game winners.

MMKM
11-23-2015, 10:22 PM
Just to say that a gap from 1 to 2 isn't unprecedented.

Rabb looks a lot like towns to me as far as post play polish.

I agree that Simmons looks great, and maybe a tier above everyone else, but there are some players 2 on.

I haven't seen much of cal, but will see them a couple times in person and am looking forward to it. I just wonder how they got this recruiting class. Is counzo just that amazing or.........

Kind of suspect... Rabb is a local kid tho, Brown might have just liked the chemistry with him.