PDA

View Full Version : Is Mathew Dellavedova the only player who's ever shut down prime Curry?

CavaliersFTW
11-24-2015, 01:15 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/dam/assets/150606000421-matthew-dellavedova-stephen-curry.1200x672.jpg

I mean truly locked his ass up and threw out the key for 48 minutes. Made him shoot 5 for 23 in G2 and It didn't last through the entire playoff series obviously, but if my memory serves me correct Dellavedova had Curry all bent out of shape that game.

I think if we get a repeat of last years Finals but with a healthy Cavs roster this time, Warriors are not going to have it so easy. Throw that wildcard Delly on Curry for a game than Irving another game. All it will take is one game like that of his to be thrown off and the Cavs will have the edge and actually be able to hold it this time.

We could win it as long as they don't pull out a low blow and dare LeBron to shoot.

warriorfan
11-24-2015, 01:17 AM
had tons of help from double teams and had to exert literally zero energy on the offense floor as LeBron froze out his whole time while pounding the rock every possession

curry getting a sever concussion less than a week before also has a huuge factor

CavaliersFTW
11-24-2015, 01:20 AM
had tons of help from double teams and had to exert literally zero energy on the offense floor as LeBron froze out his whole time while pounding the rock every possession

curry getting a sever concussion less than a week before also has a huuge factor
Good points but part of me thinks Delly's gotta be responsible for at least some of it though. Had the entire league shook labeling him "dirty" after he took out two players legs coming into that series remember? Curry probably had flash backs to being in a hospital bed with his ankles in a cast when Delly bull rushed him. Maybe it was only applicable to that playoff series but so far he's the only player in recent memory who's made prime Curry look defendable. Everyone else in the league is getting shredded by the guy.

ballinhun8
11-24-2015, 01:27 AM
I'd say more the stage of being in the Finals made him struggle rather than Delly.

Terahite
11-24-2015, 01:42 AM

Wasn't he put back in the game within minutes because he didn't have a concussion? Iggy would've been fined 12K for flopping over Ariza like that. :facepalm

dhsilv
11-24-2015, 02:11 AM
Good points but part of me thinks Delly's gotta be responsible for at least some of it though. Had the entire league shook labeling him "dirty" after he took out two players legs coming into that series remember? Curry probably had flash backs to being in a hospital bed with his ankles in a cast when Delly bull rushed him. Maybe it was only applicable to that playoff series but so far he's the only player in recent memory who's made prime Curry look defendable. Everyone else in the league is getting shredded by the guy.

This argument above is that Curry shut down Curry because he was scared of an injury, not really a statement on Delly shutting him down at least with his on court play.

Naero
11-24-2015, 02:33 AM
The end-result product of Game 2 was Curry's worst output for the entire season, but it wasn't strictly attributable to Delly's defense; it was multi-causal in its roots, and the first-time jitters undoubtedly disconcerted him

dhsilv
11-24-2015, 02:38 AM
This reminds me of 2001 finals when Tyronn Lue "shuts down" iverson. Of course Lue went on to have a nice NBA career, but he never was seen as a defensive stopper again or at least I don't recall it. Odds are Iverson was gassed, jitters, some bad games, whatever. But the narrative at the time was how Lue shut him down.

Cocaine80s
11-24-2015, 02:38 AM
[QUOTE=Naero]The end-result product of Game 2 was Curry's worst output for the entire season, but it wasn't strictly attributable to Delly's defense; it was multi-causal in its roots, and the first-time jitters undoubtedly disconcerted him

masonanddixon
11-24-2015, 02:44 AM
Come on Warriors fans. Dellavadova owned Curry. I remember some stat where Curry shot like 80% on other defenders and like 22% against Dellavadova. And that was over the course of six games. Everyone has someone who gives them trouble. And there was that Game 1 where Dellavadova completely owned him, especially on that last shot which was completely a one on one situation.

warriorfan
11-24-2015, 03:15 AM

dont get me wrong he did a great job on CUrry and it was a very gutsy performance by him. I was just saying two factors that also played a big part was the defensive schemes that Cavs were throwing at him and for the fact that he had very little to zero offensive responsibility so he was able to expend 110% of his energy in dogging curry.

good shit for the little delly that could though. he plays so hard its tough to dislike him....unless he is rolling over one of your favorite players knees or something :oldlol:

warriorfan
11-24-2015, 03:16 AM
Wasn't he put back in the game within minutes because he didn't have a concussion? Iggy would've been fined 12K for flopping over Ariza like that. :facepalm

warriors blatantly broke concussion protocal, can't blame them, I would of done the same in thier shoes

for the 12k flopping thing...I have no idea if you are trolling or just stupid but yeah...not gonna even give that one a real response

Mr. Jabbar
11-24-2015, 03:17 AM
You can't "shut" Curry..... you just triple him and get murdered by his open teammates.

Pick.
Your.
Poison.

warriorfan
11-24-2015, 03:19 AM
You can't "shut" Curry..... you just triple him and get murdered by his open teammates.

Pick.
Your.
Poison.

For sure

Curry Ball > LeBron Ball

Mr. Jabbar
11-24-2015, 03:21 AM
For sure

Curry Ball > LeBron Ball

absolutely.

Triple Curry = you pay.

Triple Lebron = turnover.

warriorfan
11-24-2015, 03:24 AM
absolutely.

Triple Curry = you pay.

Triple Lebron = turnover.

articulated perfectly this should be common knowledge to all the posters by now

but even after all of this we will still get kids who are shocked after 2/7 :facepalm

Gileraracer
11-24-2015, 04:17 AM
Probably it was this ugly appearance that locked Steph down

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHJwW4CUgAA3J2o.jpg

CavaliersFTW
11-24-2015, 04:21 AM
Probably it was this ugly appearance that locked Steph down

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHJwW4CUgAA3J2o.jpg
This dude single handedly crushed the dreams of Chicago fans, Atlanta fans, and scared the shit out of Golden State fans last season.

Probably the most hated face in the league as of last seasons playoffs I remember seeing that pic circulating in social media with "Sup Chicago" captioned at the bottom :lol

deja vu
11-24-2015, 04:59 AM
The best way to take Curry off his rhythm is to stick to him like a leech and force him to take contested shots. For a while Della looked like prime Payton out there forcing Curry out of his comfort zone. It helped that the refs allowed Della to get very physical on defence.

Honestly I thought that the Warriors were ripe for the upset that time. Had Cleveland stayed mostly healthy they would have won the series.

J Shuttlesworth
11-24-2015, 05:05 AM
This dude single handedly crushed the dreams of Chicago fans, Atlanta fans, and scared the shit out of Golden State fans last season.

Probably the most hated face in the league as of last seasons playoffs I remember seeing that pic circulating in social media with "Sup Chicago" captioned at the bottom :lol
I remember photoshopping this together lol

http://i.imgur.com/KjWI0ZCh.jpg

Gileraracer
11-24-2015, 05:47 AM

Ok so you turned your back on Miami and suddenly became a Cleveland fan only because of Lebron but now Dellavedova "single handedly" crushed the dreams of all those opponents?

CavaliersFTW
11-24-2015, 05:58 AM
Ok so you turned your back on Miami and suddenly became a Cleveland fan only because of Lebron but now Dellavedova "single handedly" crushed the dreams of all those opponents?
you must be mistaking me for someone else :lol

Naero
11-24-2015, 06:05 AM

He joined under the username "CavaliersFTW" in 2011—just one year after "The Decision" while hate was rife against LeBron among most vested Cavaliers fans, while LeBron was title-contending in Miami whereas the Cavaliers were perennially lottery-contending—and he's a LeBron-bandwagon fan? :biggums:

If LeBron is his mainstay for his team's fandom, it looks to me that he's been pretty consistent in "self-framing" as a Cavaliers fan, and it predates the contingency of LeBron rejoining. :confusedshrug:

Gileraracer
11-24-2015, 06:17 AM
you must be mistaking me for someone else :lol

pardon then :eek:

AnaheimLakers24
11-24-2015, 06:19 AM
Thickest cavs player. Him, love and kyrie are going places

SyRyanYang
11-24-2015, 06:45 AM
Curry was doubled after nearly every screen but I think it was more of a stage fright that lasted for a game or two.