PDA

View Full Version : How would you guard Curry?

TheReal Kendall
11-25-2015, 02:47 AM
The Jet just said they would double him but I'm not sure that's a good idea.

How would you guard Curry?

Jameerthefear
11-25-2015, 02:47 AM
What up nikka

Nick Young
11-25-2015, 02:49 AM
You need a Scottie Pippen/Nicholas Batum/Prime Tayshaun Prince type of dude. A freak athlete quick dude with freak length and good defensive fundamentals.

warriorfan
11-25-2015, 02:50 AM
would never reach would not play him tight

would sag a little off and pray he misses his first two shots

if he starts hitting play him tight and pray I dont end up on my azz like cp3

TheReal Kendall
11-25-2015, 02:53 AM
What up nikka

What good bruh

HenryGarfunkle
11-25-2015, 02:55 AM
Use my girth

kennethgriffin
11-25-2015, 02:56 AM
single coverage. funnel to the paint. rotate

pretty simple. all curry wants to do is shoot 3's or pass

make him finish inside all day and get knocked down a few times

TripleA
11-25-2015, 02:56 AM
Clothesline him when he shoots.

TheMilkyBarKid
11-25-2015, 03:06 AM
You need a Scottie Pippen/Nicholas Batum/Prime Tayshaun Prince type of dude. A freak athlete quick dude with freak length and good defensive fundamentals.
Sounds like Kawhi

Young X
11-25-2015, 03:08 AM
I would double the shit outta him. He's not a dangerous passer and he's very turnover prone. He averaged like 5 TO's a game in the finals when Cleveland was trapping him. The Clippers also did a good job defending him in the playoffs.

I'd much rather an open shot from Green or Igoudala than even a semi-contested 3 from Curry. Those threes are f*cking demoralizing, especially at the Oracle when their crowd goes crazy.

Asukal
11-25-2015, 03:08 AM
Stick to him as closely as possible, force him to go inside. You won't stop him from scoring but make him work his ass off and you've done a good job.

PsychoBe
11-25-2015, 03:09 AM
kawhi stripped him like 3 times in one game last season

iamgine
11-25-2015, 03:11 AM
Clothesline him when he shoots.
This could be an effective strategy

deja vu
11-25-2015, 03:38 AM
Stick to him like a leech from start to finish. Double team him every time he gets the ball. Be very physical. Try to deny him the ball. Force him to play a lot of defense and commit fouls.

Problem is that the Warriors have a lot of weapons so this might not be very effective.

bdreason
11-25-2015, 03:40 AM
It's an impossible answer. The problem is that even if you put an elite defender on him, like Leonard or Butler, the Warriors just move him to off-guard, and then run down-screens, and P&R's, and move the ball so much that eventually you HAVE TO SWITCH. I'm not saying an elite perimeter defender can't slow Curry down, but his off-ball abilities combined with this Warriors offense makes it impossible to guard him with one player.

I think the best way to defend him is to trap hard on P&R's, and hope your defense can get stops 3 vs 4. The Clippers have actually done this better than any team I can think of. Probably because they've played us so many times. Essentially you just have give up open jumpers to either the 4 or 5 position, while staying home on the 2, 3, and Curry.

If Curry is playing off-ball, you have to stay on top of every down-screen, and force him to put the ball on the court. Then you try to force him into a bad layup without giving up the backdoor lob. The problem with that is Curry has improved a lot at finishing around the hoop, and he's also a 90% FT shooter.

If I'm be completely honest, if I was trying to stop Curry in a 7-game series, I would rough him up. Even if it means losing a game or two. You have to get into him, and physically punish him on both sides of the ball. I'm not talking about cheap shots, but some serious holding/hand-checking, early and often... and maybe a few hard fouls.

FKAri
11-25-2015, 03:42 AM
He's not a bad passer.

You can't easily double or trap on PnR because he is a good enough passer. On top of that his team is good enough at passing and shooting that they WILL find the open man and that guy WILL knock down his shot more times than not.

OmniStrife
11-25-2015, 03:58 AM
You know Bruce Bowen would've snuk his feet under Curry's J and go for them ankles, the ****.