PDA

View Full Version : Duncan, Manu, KG, Kareem, MJ, Dirk, Nash, K. Malone, Stockton, etc

ArbitraryWater
11-25-2015, 01:20 PM
these guys contributed to certain areas of the game at 37....

eboK is a hinderance in every single one. It's not gonna 'ruin' his career, but it puts an ugly stamp on it, that it was gonna receive likely anyway, achilles tear or not, thats just eboK.

stalkerforlife
11-25-2015, 01:23 PM
These tears are nourishment for my soul.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ArbitraryWater
11-25-2015, 01:26 PM

Your "I love everyone" thingy is wearing off, all because of eboK's play.. eboK might not be impactful on the court, but thats heavy impact off of it :rockon:

TomBrady
11-25-2015, 01:27 PM
He's no me, that's for damn sure. Championship and Super Bowl MVP at 37.

WindmiLL
11-25-2015, 01:29 PM
I remember Kobe stans saying that he's a smarter basketball player and has higher basketball IQ than Duncan, Dirk, Lebron,... I just don't see any of those players playing so stupid and detrimental for their team in any scenario, and having dead legs has nothing to do with it in this case, it's all in the head.

Town's Town
11-25-2015, 01:39 PM

You are eating your own tears? That is weird.

Quickening
11-25-2015, 01:43 PM

Maybe they can nourish your kids as well.. .

Please donate

DMAVS41
11-25-2015, 01:48 PM
Well, it looks like Kobe's career ended when he was 35 actually....because he's done nothing since the end of 13 that matters.

But I don't get the comparison...he got injured with a terrible injury.

That is the reason. That is why he's been in the running for least valuable player over the last 3 years with guys like Rose and Joe Johnson while guys like Dirk and Duncan are still all star level players over that time and currently.

So if it's just "hating" on him for the injury...seems silly

If it's, however, pointing out that Kobe's longevity isn't really all it's been cracked up to (still great, but not nearly as great as his fans suggest) then that is fair I guess.

ArbitraryWater
11-25-2015, 01:59 PM
Well, it looks like Kobe's career ended when he was 35 actually....because he's done nothing since the end of 13 that matters.

That is the reason. That is why he's been in the running for least valuable player over the last 3 years with guys like Rose and Joe Johnson while guys like Dirk and Duncan are still all star level players over that time and currently.

If it's, however, pointing out that Kobe's longevity isn't really all it's been cracked up to (still great, but not nearly as great as his fans suggest) then that is fair I guess.

He's taking 16 FGA, last year he took 20..

DaOldLion
11-25-2015, 02:01 PM

and MJ's career end ended when he was 34 since he's did nothing after that

Donkey4trading
11-25-2015, 02:04 PM
oh look another "i hate Kobe he sucks" thread made by an insecure bran stan OP :oldlol:

yes, lets pile on the hate for a player in his 20th season trying to come back from a torn achilies, broken knee and torn labrum.. what great basketball fans we have here :applause:

sportjames23
11-25-2015, 02:08 PM

eboK is a hinderance in every single one. It's not gonna 'ruin' his career, but it puts an ugly stamp on it, that it was gonna receive likely anyway, achilles tear or not, thats just eboK.

:lol

Dr Hawk
11-25-2015, 02:14 PM

http://politedog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/wicketewok.jpg

DMAVS41
11-25-2015, 02:25 PM
and MJ's career end ended when he was 34 since he's did nothing after that

Well, I disagree...I thought his play at near 40 with the Wizards was quite impressive, but even if I did agree...

What is your point? MJ isn't ranked where he is because of longevity or playing late into his 30's...he's considered the GOAT or one of them for his level of play throughout his career

DMAVS41
11-25-2015, 02:27 PM
He's taking 16 FGA, last year he took 20..

Yea...so?

He's maybe the biggest "gunner" in NBA history. The reason he can't make them is because his body is basically "dead" from an athletes perspective.

Did we really need to witness these last 3 years to know Kobe was one of the most selfish and "me-first" players in NBA history? This has been common knowledge for over a decade.

Dude just happened to be one of the greatest players of all time so he was good enough to make it work.

ArbitraryWater
11-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Yea...so?

He's maybe the biggest "gunner" in NBA history. The reason he can't make them is because his body is basically "dead" from an athletes perspective.

Did we really need to witness these last 3 years to know Kobe was one of the most selfish and "me-first" players in NBA history? This has been common knowledge for over a decade.

Dude just happened to be one of the greatest players of all time so he was good enough to make it work.

Wait, so you don't think unlike the others, he maybe should have taken a seat back? I don't understand what you're arguing tbh.

Kobe is always talking about changing his game, setting up players, he just never does it once the game actually starts lol..

DMAVS41
11-25-2015, 02:42 PM
Wait, so you don't think unlike the others, he maybe should have taken a seat back? I don't understand what you're arguing tbh.

Kobe is always talking about changing his game, setting up players, he just never does it once the game actually starts lol..

Of course he should have changed his game.

I'm saying we didn't need to see him the last 3 years playing on bad teams to know that wasn't going to happen.

This just isn't news to me. It's not news that Kobe is playing beyond selfishly on a team that sucks.

This just isn't surprising to me at all. I think it would be surprising if Kobe was playing on a good team and playing like this. But a shitty 20 win Lakers team...I'm just not surprised he's the selfish gunner he always was...and not surprised he can't make it work after his body is way worse off than I thought.

So...why I said it is unfair to talk about Duncan or Malone or Stockton...etc...is because those guys didn't suffer a career ending injury at age 34.

So if the point is to show how Kobe's longevity/durability is over-rated...I'm with you.

If the point is that Kobe should be as good as those players at age 37...I'm not with you...because that is essentially impossible given his injury and the shape his body is currently in.

pastis
11-25-2015, 02:55 PM
Yea...so?

watching his highlights....some really bad shots, but all in all i dont see the connection between his miss shots and his athleticism. Ok he doesnt run as quick as he used to. His defense is bad. These things are due to his age and maybe injury. But regarding his shots.....well he still jumps way higher while shooting as Dirk for example. Still can make quick turn arounds, fakes and dribbeles on offense as well. His shot just doesnt fall.

Wade3
11-25-2015, 03:00 PM
watching his highlights....some really bad shots, but all in all i dont see the connection between his miss shots and his athleticism. Ok he doesnt run as quick as he used to. His defense is bad. These things are due to his age and maybe injury. But regarding his shots.....well he still jumps way higher while shooting as Dirk for example. Still can make quick turn arounds, fakes and dribbeles on offense as well. His shot just doesnt fall.

I read a comment on an article recently where a medical professional said due to his injuries Kobe will never be able to shoot well again. Something to do with his achilles and shoulder which makes it impossible for him to shoot properly

Maybe somebody on ISH with a medical background can clarify this but thats what I heard

PsychoBe
11-25-2015, 03:34 PM
I read a comment on an article recently where a medical professional said due to his injuries Kobe will never be able to shoot well again. Something to do with his achilles and shoulder which makes it impossible for him to shoot properly

Maybe somebody on ISH with a medical background can clarify this but thats what I heard

i have some medical knowledge.

the achilles tendon is in fact the strongest tendon in the body. why? because it is the only thing that connects the bones in your heel to the back of your calf.

once it's gone your support on that foot is gone and it's literally bones grinding against one another. anyone who suffers this injury may still be able to run, but they will not be able to jump well at all. they lose all of their lift.

the rotator cuff does exactly as it sounds. it allows the shoulder to rotate and move in a full range of motion. once it has been compromised, then it becomes extremely difficult to pull off something akin to a "normal" jumpshot.

a common complaint among those who suffer this injury is the inability to even brush their teeth or comb their hair without experiencing mild to immense pain.

tennis players as well as baseball pitchers can completely ruin their shoulders due to the nature of their sport, so imagine trying to will yourself to even attempt to shoot while feeling the twinge of pain each and every time you do it.

it's just not the same. neither duncan nor manu, kg, mj, dirk, nash, malone or stockton had to suffer what kobe had to. his injuries took away his very identity as a player.

imagine if duncan had chronic back issues and could no longer post up, if manu's knees gave out on him, if kg suffered from a severe foot injury, if mj had a torn achilles, if dirk had foot and back injuries, if malone had degenerative knees and couldn't run the floor like he's known for, if stockton injured his hands and could no longer throw accurate passes, etc, etc, would you clown them for that?

pastis
11-25-2015, 03:44 PM
i have some medical knowledge.

the achilles tendon is in fact the strongest tendon in the body. why? because it is the only thing that connects the bones in your heel to the back of your calf.

once it's gone your support on that foot is gone and it's literally bones grinding against one another. anyone who suffers this injury may still be able to run, but they will not be able to jump well at all. they lose all of their lift.

the rotator cuff does exactly as it sounds. it allows the shoulder to rotate and move in a full range of motion. once it has been compromised, then it becomes extremely difficult to pull off something akin to a "normal" jumpshot. and his jump his pretty high as well

a common complaint among those who suffer this injury is the inability to even brush their teeth or comb their hair without experiencing mild to immense pain.

tennis players as well as baseball pitchers can completely ruin their shoulders due to the nature of their sport, so imagine trying to will yourself to even attempt to shoot while feeling the twinge of pain each and every time you do it.

it's just not the same. neither duncan nor manu, kg, mj, dirk, nash, malone or stockton had to suffer what kobe had to. his injuries took away his very identity as a player.

imagine if duncan had chronic back issues and could no longer post up, if manu's knees gave out on him, if kg suffered from a severe foot injury, if mj had a torn achilles, if dirk had foot and back injuries, if malone had degenerative knees and couldn't run the floor like he's known for, if stockton injured his hands and could no longer throw accurate passes, etc, etc, would you clown them for that?

if its true, than this would explain a lot. but for what i can see, his release looks "normal"....i mean the movement of his hand, shoulder, the joints....