PDA

View Full Version : What teams overachieved/underachieved so far?

TaLvsCuaL
11-25-2015, 11:28 PM
I mean, what teams do you think will end up with much better/worse record than they have now?

For example, I can see the Rockets getting better. Houston has too much talent to play that bad for so long.

Thunderfan86
11-25-2015, 11:29 PM
The Warriors overachieved

Prime_Shaq
11-25-2015, 11:32 PM
Overachieved:
Pistons
Timberwolves

Underachieved:
Pelicans
Rockets

Akrazotile
11-25-2015, 11:35 PM
Cavs have overachieved significantly thanks to Lebron, the Knicks have too a little bit thanks to Manzingo.

Lakers have markedly underachieved, given the young talent they have on that roster. Obviously there's one player who is vehemently holding them back.

Other than that, it's all pretty much what we expected - strong east, weak west.

dhsilv
11-25-2015, 11:35 PM
It's too early to start this stuff. Lets get to 30 games and start the over under stuff. We just don't have the data (eye test, injury reports, or just metrics) to start this stuff.

Right now we can say who's hot or not. But we need more games for how a team is doing based on expectations. Outside of maybe the pelicans who are clearly just not goign to finish in the playoff picture without an insane finish, everyone else is in the margin for error.

Now if you're a daily sports talk guy....I guess you gotta make up crap to talk about, but we don't need to force that stuff here.

What's more interesting is how defenses are dealing with new players or new offensive systems. How Dirk is still bending defenses this year. That's a 1000 post topic if people love basketball. How the spurs are playing with new pieces. The rookies are what we're seeing.

Achilleas
11-25-2015, 11:37 PM
76ers overachieved,

BlazerRed
11-25-2015, 11:38 PM
Thunder underachieved but that's mainly the result of Durant missing a lot of time. I feel the Blazers are overachieving a little compared to what people thought. Many said we were going to be bottom 2-3.

TaLvsCuaL
11-25-2015, 11:40 PM
It's too early to start this stuff. Lets get to 30 games and start the over under stuff. We just don't have the data (eye test, injury reports, or just metrics) to start this stuff.

Right now we can say who's hot or not. But we need more games for how a team is doing based on expectations. Outside of maybe the pelicans who are clearly just not goign to finish in the playoff picture without an insane finish, everyone else is in the margin for error.

Now if you're a daily sports talk guy....I guess you gotta make up crap to talk about, but we don't need to force that stuff here.

What's more interesting is how defenses are dealing with new players or new offensive systems. How Dirk is still bending defenses this year. That's a 1000 post topic if people love basketball. How the spurs are playing with new pieces. The rookies are what we're seeing.

Well, I don't want a detailed analysis just the feeling/opinion/perception of different posters.

outbreak
11-25-2015, 11:42 PM
Lakers are over achieving.

Legends66NBA7
11-25-2015, 11:46 PM
Overachieved:
Pistons
Timberwolves

Underachieved:
Pelicans
Rockets

Would add Hornets for overachieved and Clippers for underachieved.

Fudge
11-25-2015, 11:50 PM
Overachieving:
Pacers

All because of Paul George. Dude is the MVP thus far.

zizozain
11-26-2015, 12:41 AM
Pelicans will go over .500

outbreak
11-26-2015, 12:42 AM
Overachieving:
Pacers

All because of Paul George. Dude is the MVP thus far.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/bpd.gif

JohnFreeman
11-26-2015, 12:43 AM
Dallas considering their injuries

dhsilv
11-26-2015, 12:46 AM
Well, I don't want a detailed analysis just the feeling/opinion/perception of different posters.

The problem is at this point, we're all biased. I mean I can't reasonably tell you the rockets are worse than expected. Their record is worse but maybe it was a bad run and they'll roll 20 straight?

Again when you ask for thoughts with so little detail, you'll get crap. We're much more likely to talk about players shocking us than teams, where there's far more complexity.

NugzFan
11-26-2015, 12:58 AM
I mean, what teams do you think will end up with much better/worse record than they have now?

For example, I can see the Rockets getting better. Houston has too much talent to play that bad for so long.

warriors will end up with worse record than they have now.

oarabbus
11-26-2015, 04:46 AM
I didn't even realize Utah was currently in the playoffs at all much less 6th seed so them :biggums:

bobopenguin
11-26-2015, 05:23 AM
surprising no one mention hornets

macmac
11-26-2015, 06:14 AM
Well just looking at vegas wins totals, GS Minnesota and Dallas are going way over and Lakers, Rockets, Clippers, pelicans, nets are stinking up the joint.

Harison
11-26-2015, 07:41 AM
I knew Wars will be good, but All-time record breaking start? :bowdown:

Wolves doing better than I expected.

I didnt think Rockets would be this bad though.

dhsilv
11-26-2015, 07:56 AM
I didn't even realize Utah was currently in the playoffs at all much less 6th seed so them :biggums:

They were a playoff team the second half of last year, and were expected to contend this year...they're doing exactly what was expected of them.

dhsilv
11-26-2015, 07:59 AM
I knew Wars will be good, but All-time record breaking start? :bowdown:

Wolves doing better than I expected.

I didnt think Rockets would be this bad though.

Warriors had an all time great seasons last year. Lost a bench guy (lee) and had an all time young team last year. 16-0 is clearly a bit out there, but if you had them with more than 2 losses, you were crazy. I mean if I told you before the season they were going to stay healthy, you're not guessing less than 69 wins. You're just not doing it.

macmac
11-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Warriors had an all time great seasons last year. Lost a bench guy (lee) and had an all time young team last year. 16-0 is clearly a bit out there, but if you had them with more than 2 losses, you were crazy. I mean if I told you before the season they were going to stay healthy, you're not guessing less than 69 wins. You're just not doing it.

Well Vegas set the line at 60.5, so if you were really that confident you should have smashed it. I did, 5k at +120, easy money, ship it

dhsilv
11-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Well Vegas set the line at 60.5, so if you were really that confident you should have smashed it. I did, 5k at +120, easy money, ship it

if I got my money back in the event of an injury...

NugzFan
11-26-2015, 05:10 PM
if I got my money back in the event of an injury...

haha...why would you get your money back in event of injury?

GoatBoy
11-26-2015, 05:18 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/bpd.gif
:roll: :roll: