PDA

View Full Version : Spurs allowing 91.0 points per game

francesco totti
11-26-2015, 02:22 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/team-comparison-per-game/sort/avgPointsOpponent

Are they changing their style of game back to old spurs? Spurs that used to suffocate teams with their defence, they changed later to offensive juggernaut last couple of years.

Now back to old self? Just curious those who watch the Spurs play more often.

Cavs allowing 97.1 (+7.8 differential) , Warriors allowing 98.8 (+15.5 differential). Spurs +9.2 differential

Akrazotile
11-26-2015, 02:26 AM
I don't think they change the style on purpose, just go with whatever the suits the personnel they have at the time.

toxicxr6
11-26-2015, 02:32 AM
I think there are a few things that have impacted where they are with their offence and defense so far this season.

Firstly they have had a fairly weak schedule. So it will be interesting to see how these numbers change once they play against some of the top teams.

Next LMA actually fits into the Spurs defense very well.. And from what I have seen so far his is an upgrade on splitter on the defensive end.. Duncan is carrying a far less of a load offensively so he can focus his energy more of defense as well.
Leonard is a defensive beast we know that and green is very good as well. This team will be one of the best defenses in the league that's for sure

On offence they still haven't quite got it together yet. I'm hoping as the season progresses that they improve on that end, which I think they will.

This team has potential to be incredible if they can sort the offence out.. Potential wcf between Spurs and warriors could be one of the best ever tbh

Harison
11-26-2015, 02:36 AM
I don't think they change the style on purpose, just go with whatever the suits the personnel they have at the time.
This. Pop is GOAT coach :bowdown:

Springsteen
11-26-2015, 03:58 AM
This. Pop is GOAT coach :bowdown:

:cheers:

CarlosBoozer
11-26-2015, 04:13 AM
All POPS! :bowdown:

pastis
11-26-2015, 04:26 AM
i like the spurs. seriously. even as a mavs fan. i love how pop always create top teams around his star players. i like how he always select players who fit in the system. i like how he educate "rebelious" players and transform them into system players.

duncan, since 2006 can more or less safe his energy for the playoffs. he knows that they will perform well in the RS, cause pop has the right players in the best system.

pop and spurs system:applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown:

and in the WCF the spurs are gonna crush those warriors. curry will be exhausted reaching the CF and then the GSW will lose 4-2.

and in the finals against lebron and the cavs. that will be tough. but lebron is on a mission this year. love is getting better and better. kyrie will come back strong. this goes probably to the cavs

edit: i think dirk would have been a great spur. seriously. he would have learned so much with pop. and duncan as C and dirk as PF and PG parker and SG ginobili would have been pretty solid as well in the 00s

Spurs m8
11-26-2015, 04:28 AM
i like the spurs. seriously. even as a mavs fan. i love how pop always create top teams around his star players. i like how he always select players who fit in the system. i like how he educate "rebelious" players and transform them into system players.

duncan, since 2006 can more or less safe his energy for the playoffs. he knows that they will perform well in the RS, cause pop has the right players in the best system.

pop and spurs system:applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown:

and in the WCF the spurs are gonna crush those warriors. curry will be exhausted reaching the CF and then the GSW will lose 4-2.

and in the finals against lebron and the cavs. that will be tough. but lebron is on a mission this year. love is getting better and better. kyrie will come back strong. this goes probably to the cavs

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

oarabbus
11-26-2015, 04:37 AM
91ppg... that's amazing.

The Spurs are one of the great franchises of sports history. This kind of consistent excellence for over a decade is a rare thing.

dhsilv
11-26-2015, 10:54 AM
edit: i think dirk would have been a great spur. seriously. he would have learned so much with pop. and duncan as C and dirk as PF and PG parker and SG ginobili would have been pretty solid as well in the 00s

yes I too think adding a top 10 nba player to the spurs when they had top tier talent would have resulted in good things. I also think the sky looks blue...

kwajo
11-26-2015, 11:56 AM
91ppg... that's amazing.

The Spurs are one of the great franchises of sports history. This kind of consistent excellence for over a decade is a rare thing.
Crazy that it's been nearly two decades!

Kawhi
11-26-2015, 12:54 PM
Tim is the leader in DRPM, and it ain't close, yet, he will go down without a defensive player of the year award. Hilarious.

T_L_P
11-26-2015, 01:44 PM
This is a completely different Spurs team.

Our offense is ugly and outdated. It's very boring compared to what it was two years ago or what the Warriors are doing now. We're basically just relying on a couple of guys in the halfcourt like we were 10 years ago.

However, that's the only offense we can run with this new lineup. And like you said the defense has been great, so no worries.

Edit: the Aldridge situation is still interesting. I keep hearing about how scary we'll be when he gets used to the system, but we're not really running a system (on offense at least, he's picked up the defense scheme exceptionally well).

He's at 15.5 PPG on .494 TS% so far. I see him maybe averaging a point more and getting his TS% up to .510 by season's end, but that's it.

AnaheimLakers24
11-26-2015, 01:55 PM
Pop and kwahi are the best spurs ever.

true legends

dhsilv
11-26-2015, 03:41 PM
This is a completely different Spurs team.

Our offense is ugly and outdated. It's very boring compared to what it was two years ago or what the Warriors are doing now. We're basically just relying on a couple of guys in the halfcourt like we were 10 years ago.

However, that's the only offense we can run with this new lineup. And like you said the defense has been great, so no worries.

Edit: the Aldridge situation is still interesting. I keep hearing about how scary we'll be when he gets used to the system, but we're not really running a system (on offense at least, he's picked up the defense scheme exceptionally well).

He's at 15.5 PPG on .494 TS% so far. I see him maybe averaging a point more and getting his TS% up to .510 by season's end, but that's it.

Spurs need him to get more assists along with that TS% increase to really get their offense to look better. I'm not sure if/how he can do that as it's not really his game.

francesco totti
11-28-2015, 01:42 AM
Hold the Nuggets to 80 today.Another defensive showing.

rmt
11-28-2015, 01:58 AM
Pop and kwahi are the best spurs ever.

true legends

:no: That's disrespectful to Duncan and Robinson, and Pop would tell you so himself.

Springsteen
11-28-2015, 02:51 AM
:no: That's disrespectful to Duncan and Robinson, and Pop would tell you so himself.

He probably forgot about Robinson, just wants to discredit Duncan. :facepalm