PDA

View Full Version : The Clippers are 7-8, lost 4 of last 5 games, team arguing in locker room.

1987_Lakers
11-26-2015, 03:20 PM
What is wrong with this team?

Why do they have a 23rd rank defense despite having DPOY candidate Jordan?

Why is Jamal Crawford so trash?

Why is scrub Austin Rivers playing 24 MPG in the NBA?

Why did they sign 38 year old Paul Pierce who can't move, Josh Smith who has the worst shot selection in the NBA, & Lance Stephenson who might be legally retarded?

This team::facepalm

With that said, Happy Thanksgiving ISH.:cheers:

1987_Lakers
11-26-2015, 03:26 PM
I swear, the Donald Sterling racism scandal is the worst thing that could have happened to the Clippers, the new owner had to prove he wasn't a racist so he gave Doc Rivers full control of the team by making him GM, he signed his son who shouldn't even be in the NBA, along with a bunch of bad signings.

TommyGriffin
11-26-2015, 03:28 PM
Just goes to show, sharing a building with one of the worst teams in basketball while eventually have a carry-over effect.

ArbitraryWater
11-26-2015, 03:30 PM
Jordan isn't the defender people think he is and I knew the danger of those signings in the Summer, but ay, gotta take risks sometimes..

DJ is Chandler territory.

Guys like Whiteside are much better, Bogut and Gobert too.

LoneyROY7
11-26-2015, 03:33 PM
Jordan isn't the defender people think he is and I knew the danger of those signings in the Summer, but ay, gotta take risks sometimes..

DJ has definitely struggled at times, but our biggest flaw right now is our 3 pt shooting...something that has been one of our biggest strengths over the last few years.

That's why I'm not too concerned overall. Guy's are just missing open shots that I believe will start falling.

outbreak
11-26-2015, 03:38 PM
To be fair pierce and smith looked servicable on their last teams and Stephenson they likely hoped would play like he did in indy if on a winning team.

1987_Lakers
11-26-2015, 03:52 PM
To be fair pierce and smith looked servicable on their last teams and Stephenson they likely hoped would play like he did in indy if on a winning team.

Stephenson was crap last year and Smith was cut by the Pistons.

Pierce just looks old, when you are that age you can fall off a cliff at any moment.

sportjames23
11-26-2015, 03:52 PM
What's the over/under of Doc lasting the whole season?

Legends66NBA7
11-26-2015, 03:59 PM
What is wrong with this team?

Lacks scoring punch outside of the big 3. Seems to be too many egos on the team and it seems like karma for off season stunts they were pulling last off season.

Why do they have a 23rd rank defense despite having DPOY candidate Jordan?

Along with the top, 3&D SF's and overall versatile defenders. Jordan can rebound and block shots, but that means nothing if the rest of the team can't keep their guys in front of them or close out on shooters.

Why is Jamal Crawford so trash?

He has always been a "tough shot" maker, which usually works for him a lot in the regular season before completely fading away in the playoffs because that same style doesn't transcend in the playoffs.

This time around, he's just showing age and/or is off to a bad start.

Why is scrub Austin Rivers playing 24 MPG in the NBA?

2nd best option they have at PG. Lance would be even worse if you let him do whatever he wants with the ball.

Also his dad is the coach.

Why did they sign 38 year old Paul Pierce who can't move, Josh Smith who has the worst shot selection in the NBA, & Lance Stephenson who might be legally retarded?

Veteran leadership and attempt to bring in more versatile options... which has been pretty non-existent so far.

They should have gone for more off ball players and versatile 3&D wings than any of their other pickups.

guy

Well a big problem is that there giving a lot of their minutes to a guy that shouldn't even be in the league cause the coach has to play his terrible son. Doc doesn't seem to understand this is pro basketball not some little league.

buddha
I remember when Lance Stephenson was a good player. wtf happened? does he just need to be a ball dominant player?

outbreak
11-26-2015, 04:05 PM
Stephenson was crap last year and Smith was cut by the Pistons.

Pierce just looks old, when you are that age you can fall off a cliff at any moment.
No shit but my post is still correct. Smith looked ok in houston and pierce was servicable in washington. Lance sucked but was good in indy and like i said they probably thought he'd do better on a team meant to be winning.

AnaheimLakers24
11-26-2015, 04:05 PM
Black coach

Spurs m8
11-26-2015, 04:06 PM
They're shit and cockheads

FireDavidKahn
11-26-2015, 04:12 PM
Jordan isn't close to being a DPOY player. The only reason he is "viewed" by one is because the media sees the blocks ave the fact that Jordan is a gigantic human

Heavincent
11-26-2015, 04:18 PM

This. Jordan is overrated as shit. Useless on offense if he's not getting spoon fed open dunks. Liability in fourth quarters. Low bball IQ.

I'd actually take 2011 and 12 Tyson Chandler over DJ. Much smarter, better intangibles, decent FT shooter.

Prime_Shaq
11-26-2015, 09:56 PM
I've always believed DeAndre's impact on defense has always been overstated. I feel bad for Reddick and Blake, fk the rest of em.

SamuraiSWISH
11-26-2015, 10:04 PM
Chris Paul beefing with PP. Two strong personalities. A bone head coach who plays his son constantly. A son with an ego. Who wouldn't get near the burn or the freedom he gets on any other team in the league. Bound to create issues. Blake Griffin's game is ugly as sin. Deandre Jordan is a douche. They have many issues on that squad. Jamal Crawford being a shell of what he once was. Paul can only do so much.

Heavincent
11-26-2015, 10:34 PM
One of the high points of this Clippers era is DJ dunking over a PG

https://media.giphy.com/media/U8ZoygMEH3eBW/giphy.gif

OMG you're so cool DeAndre. Only a truly dominant big man could dunk on a 6 foot PG like that :bowdown:

I'm sorry, but I despise the Clippers.

QuebecBaller
11-26-2015, 10:48 PM
http://images.latintimes.com/sites/latintimes.com/files/styles/pulse_embed_breakpoints_theme_lt_desktop_1x/public/2015/05/16/clippers-choke-memes_7.jpg

ShaqTwizzle
11-26-2015, 11:17 PM
Somewhere Donald Sterling is smiling.

Sold his team for 2 billion big ones because of fake outrage over a phone call and now the team is failing despite big signings and lots of money spent.
:lol

Clippers curse is real. Balmer has inherited it.

senelcoolidge
11-26-2015, 11:25 PM
I think the problem is Doc. He's overrated. He favors guys that used to be good. He can't seem to remember that it's not 7 years ago. He's poor at making adjustments. His son shouldn't be playing this much. Austin is kinda like his dad when Doc played in that they are both pretty good defensively and offensively inconsistent. But Doc was better because he was a point guard playing the point. Austin is a bad 2 guard trying to play the point. He doesn't seem to know how to use his personnel, look at Hawes last year.

Pushxx
11-26-2015, 11:38 PM
The Clippers: where careers die if you come off their bench.

Unless you're the coach's son!

stalkerforlife
11-27-2015, 01:17 AM
Funniest part about all of this is that the Mavs are currently better and playing great team basketball.

Those racists in LA are getting what they deserve.

brownboyfly
11-27-2015, 03:03 AM
Chris Paul beefing with PP. Two strong personalities. A bone head coach who plays his son constantly. A son with an ego. Who wouldn't get near the burn or the freedom he gets on any other team in the league. Bound to create issues. Blake Griffin's game is ugly as sin. Deandre Jordan is a douche. They have many issues on that squad. Jamal Crawford being a shell of what he once was. Paul can only do so much.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ODI8YdRRjlM/UAKdcCcGB0I/AAAAAAAAB5E/ATfG8Ar53H0/s320/aziz-ansari.gif

Can OP handle the truth?

warriorfan
11-27-2015, 03:06 AM
bay area stay winning

Nanners
11-27-2015, 03:14 AM
too many big egos. doc will never be able to make everyone on that team happy.

SpecialQue
11-27-2015, 03:30 AM
Somewhere Donald Sterling is smiling.

Sold his team for 2 billion big ones because of fake outrage over a phone call and now the team is failing despite big signings and lots of money spent.
:lol

Clippers curse is real. Balmer has inherited it.

The outrage was real. Sterling is a piece of shit who deserved to lose this team.

1987_Lakers
11-27-2015, 03:37 AM
The outrage was real. Sterling is a piece of shit who deserved to lose this team.

Come on lets be real, Sterling for a guy who grew up in a racist society was pretty liberal in that recording IMO, "you can date them, you can **** them, but don't take them to my games".:oldlol:

The only reason the NBA took him out as an owner is because of the fake public outrage, and to protect their image and brand they let him go.

LoneyROY7
11-27-2015, 03:56 AM
Come on lets be real, Sterling for a guy who grew up in a racist society was pretty liberal in that recording IMO, "you can date them, you can **** them, but don't take them to my games".:oldlol:

The only reason the NBA took him out as an owner is because of the fake public outrage, and to protect their image and brand they let him go.

Yeah, 'don't take black people to my games' is such a liberal stance. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what you're laughing about. Sterling is a despicable POS.

1987_Lakers
11-27-2015, 03:58 AM
Yeah, don't take black people to my games is such a liberal stance. :rolleyes:

"For a guy who grew up in a racist society.":rolleyes:

LoneyROY7
11-27-2015, 04:00 AM
"For a guy who grew up in a racist society.":rolleyes:

So that makes it ok? He's a racist POS who didn't deserve to own an NBA team. Period.

Nanners
11-27-2015, 04:04 AM

this almost seems more racist to me, like he just straight up views black people as objects or something.

yep. sterling has been a racist piece of shit forever (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6bLKe9-Mto), this was just the first time his racist bullshit had ended up on tmz

LoneyROY7
11-27-2015, 04:07 AM
this almost seems more racist to me, like he just straight up views black people as objects or something.

And that's exactly how he did view them.

That's why he would bring girls into the lockerroom after games to show them the "beautiful black bodies" as if they were on display.

He's a POS. They fact that anyone would even minutely try to defend this guy is laughable.

Akrazotile
11-27-2015, 04:14 AM
So that makes it ok? He's a racist POS who didn't deserve to own an NBA team. Period.

And how do you feel about Chris Paul?

LoneyROY7
11-27-2015, 04:17 AM
And how do you feel about Chris Paul?

Nothing in regards to race. The "black coach" rumors have never been substantiated.

Heavincent
11-27-2015, 04:29 AM
Meh, Sterling is just another old guy who has fallen out of touch with the times, kind of like your grandpa. He's harmless. He did more good for the world than bad. Look at his charity work.

We all know what that woman was in the relationship for ($$$), so just do what the guy says, okay? Either that or get out of the relationship.

wally_world
11-27-2015, 04:30 AM
Doc Rivers is just a bonafide loser. He should thank PP, KG, Ray for giving him that fake rep that he's a good leader.

Heavincent
11-27-2015, 04:40 AM
He donated $55,000 to the United Negro College Fund

$30,000 to Simon Wiesenthal Center & Museum of Tolerance

$50,000 to Salvation Army, Southern California Division

1987_Lakers
11-27-2015, 04:42 AM
Meh, Sterling is just another old guy who has fallen out of touch with the times, kind of like your grandpa. He's harmless. He did more good for the world than bad. Look at his charity work.

We all know what that woman was in the relationship for ($$$), so just do what the guy says, okay? Either that or get out of the relationship.

The real scumbag in that whole fiasco was that money grubbing whore who released the tape, what kind of person do you have to be to just destroy your sugar daddy like that after he's cashed you out probably millions of dollars, bitch has no moral compass.

I understand racism is a hot topic that gets alot of media coverage in America, but where is the coverage of these money grubbing whores who just use people for their own benefit?

Akrazotile
11-27-2015, 05:11 AM
Nothing in regards to race. The "black coach" rumors have never been substantiated.

:roll:

Sterling publicly says "he wanted to keep Del Negro but as an owner you have to acquiesce to your star players. "

It's leaked to the media CP3 wanted a "black coach." If that WERENT true the report could have been damaging to CP3 and he could have easily sued for libel, would have had plenty of people in the organization who could attest to it, journalist is literally risking his entire career plus personal finances to report CP3 wants a black coach. Goes ahead and reports it.

Team proceeds to interview four coaching candidates, all black.

But yeah, pretend you aren't convinced because you don't wanna have to criticize a guy on a team you like. :confusedshrug:

He got a guy fired for his skin color, and prevented any qualified candidates with same skin color from even having a chance to interview.

But tell us more how much you hate Sterling for being a racist POS.

In fact, just go ahead and say what we all know. You think it makes Sterling an asshole because he's white, but the same behavior is ok for Paul because he's black.

Trust me, just say how you feel. It's very liberating.

1987_Lakers
11-27-2015, 05:17 AM

Sterling publicly says he wanted to keep Del Negro but as an owner you have to acquiesce to your star players.

It's leaked to the media CP3 wanted a "black coach." If that WERENT true the report could have been damaging to CP3 and he could have easily sued for libel, would have had plenty of people in the organization who could attest to it, journalist is literally risking his entire career plus personal finances to report CP3 wants a black coach. Goes ahead and reports it.

But yeah, pretend you aren't convinced because you don't wanna have to criticize a guy on a team you like. :confusedshrug:

He got a guy fired for his skin color, and prevented any qualified candidates with same skin color from even having a chance to interview.

In fact, just go ahead and say what we all know. You think it makes Sterling an asshole because he's white, but the same behavior is ok for Paul because he's black.

Dammmnnnn, now that is an ether.

:cheers:

Akrazotile
11-27-2015, 05:18 AM
Dammmnnnn, now that is an ether.

:cheers:

Nothin's easier to write than the truth :cheers:

Spurs m8
11-27-2015, 05:35 AM
I too, enjoyed that

LoneyROY7
11-27-2015, 05:56 AM

Sterling publicly says "he wanted to keep Del Negro but as an owner you have to acquiesce to your star players. "

So you wanna compare Paul's "reported" behavior to Sterling's, eh?

First, where are your sources? Hearsay doesn't equal facts. Sorry.

I don't need sources for Sterling. That shit's been recorded thanks to V. Stiviano. It's been recorded that he didn't want her bringing black people to Clipper games. It's been recorded that he didn't want her posting pictures on Instagram with black people.

Donald Sterling is a verifiable racist. I don't need sources because the evidence has already been provided.

You on the other hand are trying to play off assumptions and a journalist's account as evidence.

"Paul got him fired." No verifiable proof.

"Paul would only play for a black coach." No verifiable proof.

There is however much verifiable proof regarding Sterling's continued racist behavior. Beyond the tape, Sterling was also quoted in a lawsuit as saying, "Personally, I would like to have a white Southern coach coaching poor black players."

Just more damning evidence to who this man was. Something you can't provide for Paul.

Spurs m8
11-27-2015, 06:07 AM
We all know its true...

Akrazotile
11-27-2015, 06:07 AM
So you wanna compare Paul's "reported" behavior to Sterling's, eh?

First, where are your sources? Heresay doesn't equal facts. Sorry.

I don't need sources for Sterling. That shit's been recorded thanks to V. Stiviano. It's been recorded that he didn't want her bringing black people to Clipper games. It's been recorded that he didn't want her posting pictures on Instagram with black people.

Donald Sterling is a verifiable racist. I don't need sources because the evidence has already been provided.

You on the other hand are trying to play off assumptions and a journalist's account as evidence.

"Paul got him fired." No verifiable proof.

"Paul would only play for a black coach." No verifiable proof.

There is however much verifiable proof regarding Sterling's continued racist behavior. Beyond the tape, Sterling was also quoted in a lawsuit as saying, "Personally, I would like to have a white Southern coach coaching poor black players."

Just more damning evidence to who this man was. Something you can't provide for Paul.

I cant prove OJ was guilty either, brother. But you and I both know he was.

StephHamann
11-27-2015, 06:11 AM
I cant prove OJ was guilty either, brother. But you and I both know he was.

http://i.imgur.com/y4MTZ5q.png

LoneyROY7
11-27-2015, 06:13 AM
I'm going off of repeated examples and evidence in regards to Sterling. One journalist's account and hearsay based off that account isn't going to cut it.

Akrazotile
11-27-2015, 06:27 AM
I'm going off of repeated examples and evidence in regards to Sterling. One journalist's account and hearsay based off that account isn't going to cut it.

Whatever helps you sleep my dude :confusedshrug:

Chokefree
11-27-2015, 06:37 AM
Just goes to show, sharing a building with one of the worst teams in basketball while eventually have a carry-over effect.
so when the lakers were spanking everybody winning 3 peats including destroying the clippers back in the day, what was your excuse?