PDA

View Full Version : Jerry West: Draymond Green is a Top 10 Player

eliteballer
11-26-2015, 04:01 PM
"We have two of the Top 10 players in the leauge -- Draymond Green is the second one," Warriors Executive Board member Jerry West declared on KNBR 680-AM on Wednesday morning. "He's the most underrated player in the NBA, period. There are very few players anyone in our organization would trade for him. He's just a remarkable player. Watch him handle the ball, watch him make passes, defensively he's everywhere...

"... He is so infectious. He's just a marvelous person. I am thrilled with the success he's had. Absolutely thrilled. One of those people you root for."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/jerry-west-warriors-have-two-top-10-players-nba?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

LoneyROY7
11-26-2015, 04:02 PM
Inb4 warriorfan.

HenryGarfunkle
11-26-2015, 04:05 PM
Leader of the best regular season team ever

That's his title.

Great to see people coming out and acknowledging his impact on the team.

Even Kobe came out and said he was THE GUY on the Warriors. The leader.

Top 10 player no question.

inclinerator
11-26-2015, 04:05 PM
last year it was klay this year it's green who's next?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Draymond was top 10 last year and this year

Heavincent
11-26-2015, 04:23 PM
2 butthurt CP3 stans ^

Fudge
11-26-2015, 04:26 PM
2 top 10 players, 1 top 20 player, 1 top 30 player, best bench in the league, three DPOY candidates

Historically stacked, it's insane.

HenryGarfunkle
11-26-2015, 04:31 PM
2 top 10 players, 1 top 20 player, 1 top 30 player, best bench in the league, three DPOY candidates

Damn.

More stacked than my plate bout to be when I slide thru my grandma's house this evening.

Turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed P's, GREEN beans. Staaaacked.

Gus Hemmingway
11-26-2015, 04:35 PM

Yep and #1 best bench player

buddha
11-26-2015, 04:40 PM

too bad those thunder couldn't keep their core together like the Warriors lol

Fudge
11-26-2015, 04:41 PM
Damn.

More stacked than my plate bout to be when I slide thru my grandma's house this evening.

Don't forget dem Papa John's garlic parmesan bread-sticks. :dancin

Ayyyyyeeeee

HenryGarfunkle
11-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Don't forget dem Papa John's garlic parmesan bread-sticks. :dancin

Ayyyyyeeeee
:milton

Ayeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

http://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1304961/john-wall-dougie-o.gif

GIF REACTION
11-26-2015, 04:47 PM
:milton

Ayeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

http://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1304961/john-wall-dougie-o.gif
Ayeeeee!

http://i.imgur.com/KIrYOTx.gif

WorldWarriors
11-26-2015, 04:55 PM
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/warriors/images/season-finale-2015-bg-1.jpg

ArbitraryWater
11-26-2015, 04:56 PM
Damn.

:oldlol:

Hopper15
11-26-2015, 08:10 PM

West never called Thompson a top 10 player. He just didn't want him traded for Kevin Love who plays no defense.

bdreason
11-26-2015, 09:06 PM
Top 10 player... on the Warriors.

Giaodollo
11-26-2015, 09:10 PM
Top 10 player... on the Warriors.

Underrated fact, put him on the sixers and no one knows who he is. Put LeBron on the Sixers and he is still the best player in the league.

1987_Lakers
11-26-2015, 09:24 PM
Green is a very unique player, on defense he's very versatile because of the fact that he can guard 4 positions and he's already considered an elite defender, he's also a pretty good rebounder despite being only 6'7". On offense he's not a dynamic scorer, but he can shoot the 3, score inside when asked to and is a pretty good ball handler who can dribble full court, the most underrated part of his game is his passing, people will say his assists stats are inflated because he plays with great players/shooters, that is true to an extant but every time I watch Green play he always makes great decisions on his passes, I've seen him make great passes that led to easy points to not just Curry, but to guys like Iggy and Bogut etc.

I don't believe he is a top 10 player in the league, but if you were constructing a 12 man team Draymond Green would have to be on it just because of his crazy versatility, his intangibles, and very few players have his heart and energy, the guy is simply a winner.

Lebronxrings
11-26-2015, 09:59 PM
Underrated fact, put him on the sixers and no one knows who he is. Put LeBron on the Sixers and he is still the best player in the league.
you could literally say the same with curry lol.. and this is coming from someone whos a fan of him.

Greens impact is wayyyy underrated. i made a thread earlier this month calling him a top 2 pf. I don't think thats far fetched.

Prime_Shaq
11-26-2015, 10:00 PM
In terms of importance to a team, he's probably top 10. In terms of skills, hell no.

RoseCity07
11-26-2015, 10:43 PM
He's not top 10 for the simple fact he wouldn't be doing this one the Bucks or Nets. He is very good though.

I remember playing pick up ball the year before he was drafted. This one dude who is a Michigan fan kept talking about how good Draymond Green is and he hopes the Blazers draft him. This is when Green wasn't even being talked about that much. I thought the dude was just hyping up a player on his favorite team. That dude must tell everyone he called it.

FKAri
11-26-2015, 10:49 PM
He's not top 10 for the simple fact he wouldn't be doing this one the Bucks or Nets. He is very good though.

I remember playing pick up ball the year before he was drafted. This one dude who is a Michigan fan kept talking about how good Draymond Green is and he hopes the Blazers draft him. This is when Green wasn't even being talked about that much. I thought the dude was just hyping up a player on his favorite team. That dude must tell everyone he called it.

James Harden wasn't doing what he's doing now on the Thunder. Is he top 10?

DMAVS41
11-26-2015, 10:50 PM

But even Steph Curry would not be doing this on the Nets.

I mean...I completely agree with the point, but we have to be careful about under-rating certain guys.

I think it's fair to say that Draymond Green is a unique player...that is, at worst, one of the 20 best players in the league.

Even on other teams...having a guy like him that can play center defensively to go small...and play the pick and roll game that well...and is simply an elite defensive player on his own...is going to be huge asset.