PDA

View Full Version : Is Paul Millsap a top 5 PF?

Richesly
11-27-2015, 11:26 PM
Guy is at his peak clearly.

He has a complete game, can do anything.

Just had a 23/14 game against the grizzlies, averaging 19/10 so far this season.

ShawkFactory
11-27-2015, 11:30 PM
Honestly he might be. It's tough because he's more of a hybrid and not the traditional, so he's rated with both SFs and PFs. But I don't think there's 5 PFs I'd rather have.

AD, Blake, Aldridge, Love, and.....who else is definitively better?

Richesly
11-27-2015, 11:31 PM
Honestly he might be. It's tough because he's more of a hybrid and not the traditional, so he's rated with both SFs and PFs. But I don't think there's 5 PFs I'd rather have.

AD, Blake, Aldridge, Love, and.....who else is definitively better?

Love is debatable.

ShawkFactory
11-27-2015, 11:37 PM
Love is debatable.
The top 3 are clear. Love is 4th.

It's debatable but he's still probably better honestly. Can do more things.

Richesly
11-27-2015, 11:37 PM
I think It's AD, Millsap, Aldridge, Blake, Love.

Richesly
11-27-2015, 11:38 PM
The top 3 are clear. Love is 4th.

It's debatable but he's still probably better honestly. Can do more things.
What does love do better?

Millsap has a post game unlike love, can make plays, and his defense is on another level than love. And is also a better scorer.

Love gets empty rebounds.

RedBlackAttack
11-27-2015, 11:51 PM
Love is really getting on track. After a relatively slow start to the season, he has been cooking in the last 10 games.

He's averaging 22 points (on 48/45/82 splits) and 12 rebounds. A 6-10 guy who is able to shoot 45-percent from three over a 10-game stretch (and there is no reason to believe it will be falling off) is almost impossible to find outside of Durant. And, he is doing it while also being third in the entire league in rebounds per game...

He is playing really great basketball so far this year.

Lebronxrings
11-27-2015, 11:51 PM
well list goes:

blake
green
aldridge
davis
ibaka

milsap is just below that, hes top 10

RedBlackAttack
11-27-2015, 11:58 PM

Millsap has a post game unlike love, can make plays, and his defense is on another level than love. And is also a better scorer.

Ah, the 'empty ____' argument.

I'm sure all of Millsap's rebounds are completely critical to the failure/success of the team. We should diagram every rebound, break it down, and study which ones should count and which ones should not. Otherwise, it is a strawman.

Love is an elite rebounder. There is no arguing against it.

As for Love's defense, when the Cavs are healthy and he is playing next to a rim protector and/or with capable perimeter defenders, he is fine. The advanced numbers told the story last year. The Cavs' overall rating (offensive/defensive) had a massive drop when Love sat.

Millsap is having a great start to this season. I'll be interested to see if he can keep it up.

fsvr54
11-28-2015, 12:10 AM
well list goes:

blake
green
aldridge
davis
ibaka

milsap is just below that, hes top 10

On no planet is Ibaka better than Millsap.

Lebronxrings
11-28-2015, 12:15 AM
On no planet is Ibaka better than Millsap.
he has more impact. His jump shot is better than milsaps. Defensively, ibaka is MUCH better than milsap. Milsap can create his shot though, something ibaka cannot do.

bdreason
11-28-2015, 12:26 AM
I think he's top 5 so far this season.

Griffin
Davis
DrayGod
Millsap
Love/Dirk

Nick Young
11-28-2015, 02:22 AM
yes

Nick Young
11-28-2015, 02:23 AM

Statistically, Love is one of the best low post scorers in the entire NBA. I can't find the stats I saw for this season but I'm pretty sure that Love was #1, he was definitely in the top 3.

TomBrady
11-28-2015, 02:42 AM
This topic is irrelevant because Millsap and the Hawks will make zero noise in the playoffs...again. All part of being a part of a franchise from Atlanta.