PDA

View Full Version : Kobe vs Peyton - Which Legend Fell Off Harder?

oarabbus
11-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Which of these two all-time greats slammed harder into the wall?

I was gonna say Peyton, but he did break a record this season even if he was utter trash. If Kobe has any more of those single digit shooting nights I'm gonna say he fell off harder than Peyton. Considering Osweiler is the starter in Denver, imma go with Peyton for now.

Gus Hemmingway
11-28-2015, 05:49 PM
Bro, lol

Bryant is averaging more field goal attempts per game (a team-high 16.4) than points (15.2).

His field-goal percentage ranks 122nd out of 122 qualified players

His 3-point percentage ranks last out of 105 qualified players.

+/- on the floor, Bryant is 379th in the NBA and 73rd for small forwards

This guy is DEAD LAST, noone can compare worse

oarabbus
11-28-2015, 05:56 PM
Bro, lol

Bryant is averaging more field goal attempts per game (a team-high 16.4) than points (15.2).

His field-goal percentage ranks 122nd out of 122 qualified players

His 3-point percentage ranks last out of 105 qualified players.

+/- on the floor, Bryant is 379th in the NBA and 73rd for small forwards

This guy is DEAD LAST, noone can compare worse

I know Kobe is worse than shit-covered shit on a stick... but did you watch any football this year? Pretty sure that Peyton had more ints than TDs, which is as bad or worse than anything Kobe has done.

This is a legitimate topic of debate :lol

BasedTom
11-28-2015, 05:59 PM
qb is a much more brutal and unforgiving position

tom brady almost got benched last year before kraft made a few phonecalls to his buddies in the league office

JT123
11-28-2015, 06:13 PM
I know Kobe is worse than shit-covered shit on a stick... but did you watch any football this year? Pretty sure that Peyton had more ints than TDs, which is as bad or worse than anything Kobe has done.

This is a legitimate topic of debate :lol
I don't know man. Peyton's decline seems like something every great QB has gone through when they hang around long enough. Remember how horrible Favre looked in his last season? :facepalm
Right now Kobe is literally cancerous in ways that no all time great has EVER been during their final years. He has set the Lakers rebuilding process back by at least 3 years, probably more once you take into account his stunting the growth of the young guys by refusing to take a smaller role.

FreezingTsmoove
11-28-2015, 06:17 PM
Peyton had the best season ever for a QB two years ago until he faced the roided up adderal abusers

AngelEyes
11-28-2015, 06:31 PM
Kobe has fallen off harder and his play is more embarrassing. He's the worst player in the league, just dreadful, at lease Peyton is still serviceable when he's healthy.

WorldWarriors
11-28-2015, 06:38 PM
I was just thinking how Kobe reminded me of Brett Favre. Brett was horrible and gave 0 fvcks.:oldlol:

Akrazotile
11-28-2015, 06:43 PM

I was gonna say Peyton, but he did break a record this season even if he was utter trash. If Kobe has any more of those single digit shooting nights I'm gonna say he fell off harder than Peyton. Considering Osweiler is the starter in Denver, imma go with Peyton for now.

Kobe and its not close.

Peytons been bad, Kobes been historically bad. Andhe has a cancerous attitude.

Hes arguably having the worst season of any athlete in pro sports history.

BasedTom
11-28-2015, 06:47 PM
Kobe and its not close.

Peytons been bad, Kobes been historically bad. Andhe has a cancerous attitude.

You're going to take that away from Vassilis Spanoulis?

ShawkFactory
11-28-2015, 06:48 PM
it's so sad both ways. Peyton at his peak is the best quarterback I've ever seen, including Rodgers and Brady.

Kobe at his peak was just unbelievable as well.

It sucks to look at legends as what they are when they're clearly done.

Like...joe Montana was horrendous in his twilight. Nobody talks about that because it isn't relevant.

Nor is what Peyton and Kobe are doing now.

Quickening
11-28-2015, 07:17 PM
Its kind of depressing, dude is only 37... I am in my mid 20s and to see his decline whilst amusing, is a little sad.

Marchesk
11-28-2015, 07:34 PM

Does that move him up the GOAT list? How many all-time greats are capable of being that bad at the end of their careers?

Human Error
11-28-2015, 08:33 PM

Kobe was never as good as Peyton in their retrospetive sports so I guess it's not fair to compare these 2 each other to begin with.

AirBonner
11-28-2015, 08:43 PM
Kobe was never as good as Peyton in their retrospetive sports so I guess it's not fair to compare these 2 each other to begin with.
Peyton is easily the most overrated qb of all time. Lebron James would be a better comparison. Both consistently come up short when it matters and I see James falling off a cliff steeper than Kobe's

sportjames23
11-28-2015, 09:06 PM
Kobe was never as good as Peyton in their retrospective sports so I guess it's not fair to compare these 2 each other to begin with.

:biggums:

ShawkFactory
11-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Peyton is easily the most overrated qb of all time. Lebron James would be a better comparison. Both consistently come up short when it matters and I see James falling off a cliff steeper than Kobe's
I don't disagree because he actually did come up short several times.

But....I was a quarterback in high school and this fvcking dude threw balls that I've never known were possible. There's a lot more to being a quarterback than that obviously but he was an angel with it.

Hey Yo
11-28-2015, 09:16 PM
quote me if you thought thread title was referring to Gary

stalkerforlife
11-28-2015, 09:22 PM
To be fair, Bran is the Peyton of basketball.

Kobe is Tom Brady.

ScalsFan21
11-28-2015, 09:31 PM
Kobe fell off harder because as has been mentioned, he's descended into a net negative the likes of which is rarely seen from a former superstar on the decline. He may have had the single-worst impact to a franchise in the entire league over the past few years, factoring everything in.

Peyton has been horrendous and should retire, but it isn't quite Kobe bad.

AirBonner
11-28-2015, 10:44 PM

Kobe is Tom Brady.
+ the rape less attractive wife and worse percentages of course he is

oarabbus
11-29-2015, 02:38 AM
:biggums:

It's definitely not as far as the other guy was trying to say but Peyton is definitely better at Football than Kobe has ever been at Basketball. Peyton has done Wilt Chamberlain type shit dude. You really think Kobe was ever on his level?

TomBrady
11-29-2015, 02:50 AM
Peyton is a great guy and a great QB, problem is that he wasn't able to consistently get it done in the playoffs. Though I am the GOAT QB, Peyton was the best regular season QB ever.

Kobe is Tom Brady.
I'm insulted.

SpursAllDay
11-29-2015, 02:57 AM
https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/peyton-manning.gif?w=600&h=358
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/kobe-fail-nba-gifs-2012-2013.gif

Heavincent
11-29-2015, 03:52 AM
It's definitely not as far as the other guy was trying to say but Peyton is definitely better at Football than Kobe has ever been at Basketball. Peyton has done Wilt Chamberlain type shit dude. You really think Kobe was ever on his level?

lol no. Peyton's playoff resume is a joke for an all time great.

Kobe's career is more storied and memorable. Peyton just has a bunch of numbers that didn't really lead to anything. Ironically, he put up Trent Dilfer numbers in the one year they did win.