PDA

View Full Version : If Kerr comes back and they start losing...

Suguru101
11-29-2015, 01:57 AM
How awkward will it get :oldlol:

Seriously. Walton has probably earned himself a few interviews.

1987_Lakers
11-29-2015, 02:04 AM
It would be awkward if Kerr didn't win 67 games with this club and a title last season.

I'm still amazed Mark Jackson couldn't even get past the first round in his last year there with pretty much the same team.

Was Mark Jackson really that bad?

FKAri
11-29-2015, 02:07 AM
It would be awkward if Kerr didn't win 67 games with this club and a title last season.

I'm still amazed Mark Jackson couldn't even get past the first round in his last year there with pretty much the same team.

Mark Jackson wasn't that good but that being said...

The players weren't that good. This system doesn't work unless they can pass as well as they are now. Especially Draymond. Curry is also much better than 2 years ago. It's not a perfect correlation. Sometimes there a team crosses a certain threshold that makes them MUCH better.

Heavincent
11-29-2015, 02:13 AM
It would be purely coincidental, but no doubt black media members like Stephen A Smith and Jalen Rose would try to make a story out of it and use it as some sort of validation.

You can tell a few guys are butthurt about Kerr inadvertently exposing Jackson as a fraud.

Heavincent
11-29-2015, 02:17 AM
If anything, Walton's success is a testament to the culture Steve Kerr has implanted. Huge change from Mark Jackson demoting his assistants and generally treating them like shit.

Nick Young
11-29-2015, 02:18 AM
Mark Jackson wasn't that good but that being said...

The players weren't that good. This system doesn't work unless they can pass as well as they are now. Especially Draymond. Curry is also much better than 2 years ago. It's not a perfect correlation. Sometimes there a team crosses a certain threshold that makes them MUCH better.
Also the same players playing together for longer equals better teamwork allaround.

Hopper15
11-29-2015, 02:19 AM

His offensive system was bad. He wanted too much isolation ball.

kennethgriffin
11-29-2015, 02:23 AM
i can tell you right now beyond a shadow of a doubt that kerr wont return until after their first loss

pro sports guys are really superstitious

theyre probably all wearing the same underwear and socks without washing either too.. as long as this streak stays alive theyel be eating the same meals and doing the same routines

athletes are retarded christians for the most part. they think luck or angels are real lol

T_L_P
11-29-2015, 02:24 AM
Luke is gonna be the Lakers' coach when Scott is gone

FashionIssues
11-29-2015, 02:25 AM
Luke is not a Fluke, certainly has his players ears and assistants on board. Props to him for holding Kerr down. But come on now. Does Kerr need to rush back? Obviously the players are on auto pilot. I haven't seen any adjustments from this team game by game. This team wins because of chemistry, not Luke Walton.

Naero
11-29-2015, 02:26 AM
Then the contrasting effect will only make Luke Walton an even more enviable commodity for suitors on the coaching hunt.

I don't think we'll see drastic changes when Kerr returns, however; after all, he's been coaching second-handedly, as he's played an advisory role to the operative coach in Luke Walton while also being attendant at team practiced and half-time intermissions. The bigger factor at hand, I think, is the fact that the Warriors have come into the season with an already-cultivated championship culture while also being more motivated than last season--mostly enkindled by detractors who've downplayed their "lucky" championship--while the ever-improving Stephen Cirry became the clear-cut BITW to compound it.

FashionIssues
11-29-2015, 02:27 AM
Luke is gonna be the Lakers' coach when Scott is gone
nah