PDA

View Full Version : We're approaching 10 years since 81 pt game...

TheImmortal
11-29-2015, 09:22 AM
:eek: How time flies!

http://i66.tinypic.com/esu6g1.png

http://i68.tinypic.com/zsrhgh.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/a9r2me.jpg

Sad to see how the mighty have fallen.. :cry:

Orlando Magic
11-29-2015, 10:01 AM
Holy shit. I remember tuning into this game early during the 3rd when I read about it on here. This board ****ing exploded with Kobe threads like no other day ever, which is hard to believe but true.

TheImmortal
11-29-2015, 10:08 AM
Holy shit. I remember tuning into this game early during the 3rd when I read about it on here. This board ****ing exploded with Kobe threads like no other day ever, which is hard to believe but true.
Yup.. I remember that like yesterday..

Also.. RIP M2 aka MixMakers.net (just noticed that site got shutdown)

Mr Feeny
11-29-2015, 10:24 AM
I sorry we don't speak regular season meaningless games :lol

SouBeachTalents
11-29-2015, 10:40 AM
I doubt even Wilt stans cling to that 100 point game like Kobe stans do this one. A thread about it "almost" being 10 years since then, give me a ****ing break :lol

Legends66NBA7
11-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Charlie Villaneuva and Jose Calderon were rookies. Matt Bonner's 2nd and last year as a Raptor before becoming a Spur for life. Chris Bosh first all-star season.

Only other guys still in the league outside of Kobe.

Also, Sam is coaching the Wolves now.

AirFederer
11-29-2015, 10:46 AM
1-14 is approaching one week:cheers:

SpaceJam
11-29-2015, 12:55 PM
Lakers got San Antonio that day, Kobe dropping AT LEAST 50 on Kawhi

:coleman:

Mr Feeny
11-29-2015, 01:04 PM
1-14 is approaching one week:cheers:

The 1 week anniversary!
1-14:lol

Gus Hemmingway
11-29-2015, 01:08 PM
The 1 week anniversary!
1-14:lol

Nov 20th 2014, last time Kobe scored over 50%fgs

missed the 1 year anniversary :cry: :cry:

:lol

WayOfWade
11-29-2015, 02:13 PM
We are also approaching the 10 year anniversary of the GOAT finals performance
https://s3.amazonaws.com/steiner2-java/images/skus/WADEPHU008052_zoom_IMAGE1_325476.JPG

SamuraiSWISH
11-29-2015, 02:15 PM
Wade the GOAT Finals performance? With all that suspect officiating?

Jerry West, MJ, and Shaq would spit in your face if they heard someone say that nonsense.

WayOfWade
11-29-2015, 02:30 PM

Jerry West, MJ, and Shaq would spit in your face if they heard someone say that nonsense.
Suspect officiating? I can tell you haven't watched the games. How about you go watch games 3-6 and get back to me. It's not my fault Wade led his team on an epic comeback in game 3 with virtually no free throws in the fourth quarter, and it's not my fault Dirk missed a game sealing free throw in the last minute. Do some research bud.

Jerry West! Lol, you have to win the finals for your performance to be considered great. MJ, I can understand your bias in this one, but coming back from being down 0-2 and playing like that put Wade over the top. Shaq? Well he is the most dominant ever, hard to argue against his 01 performance. If it helps, I'll say 2nd GOAT finals performance. But do not talk about spotty officiating like you know what happened.

Mr Feeny
11-29-2015, 03:00 PM

You're kidding me. Please let this be true:roll:

Mr Feeny
11-29-2015, 03:02 PM

This is just stupid. Like the Wade fan said, actually WATCH those games. Jumper after jumper in the fourth whenever he was needed. Clutch as hell and unguardable. They couldn't stop him without fouling him. Devin Harris is a great defender and even he couldn't get anywhere near Wade :pimp:

AirBonner
11-29-2015, 03:17 PM

Op shut down :roll: :roll: :roll:

SamuraiSWISH
11-29-2015, 03:24 PM
This is just stupid. Like the Wade fan said, actually WATCH those games. Jumper after jumper in the fourth whenever he was needed. Clutch as hell and unguardable. They couldn't stop him without fouling him. Devin Harris is a great defender and even he couldn't get anywhere near Wade :pimp:
Don't get your jimmies all rustled kids. I watched the series live. I have seen more Finals in context and better series performance than you most likely. Thats why I took issue with such a dumb statement.

It's a great performance on its own merits.

It would be dishonest to not admit there was a level of soft officiating that gave the performance a little extra push. That's coming from a Wade fan.

Given all that, saying it's singularly and definitively the greatest Finals performance ever is simply retarded.

Dwyane did a lot of damage on his own. He played aggressively as he should and attacked the Mavericks weak perimeter and interior defense. Hit a slew of mid range jumpers and skillful bank shots. I agree. He also got to the foul line to pad those ppg numbers due to some really soft and shoddy officiating.

It's not an overwhelming critique and example of bad officiating that season for no reason. And it came to a head on the national stage in the Finals.

Stop being deliberately obtuse or retarded. It was a black mark on those Finals and many fans had issue with how soft the game was being called. Whistles being blown left and right. That Mavs team was soft mentally and kind of imploded on itself too after being up 2 games, and should've put the nail in the coffin at the end of game 3 in Miami.

As for West ... he had Finals performance so dominant than even in losing he won a Finals MVP. That's kind of absurd. Top Three greatest Finals performer ever. Easily.

Deuce Bigalow
11-29-2015, 05:23 PM
I doubt even Wilt stans cling to that 100 point game like Kobe stans do this one. A thread about it "almost" being 10 years since then, give me a ****ing break :lol
Because it's the greatest individual performance of all time. The most memorable. 81. Everyone knows about it.

TheImmortal
01-22-2016, 04:17 PM
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: