PDA

View Full Version : D'Angelo "19 years old' Russel - 16 points, 5 assists

AirTupac
11-29-2015, 02:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCzo0NBakPU&feature=youtu.be

Five players from this draft are averaging double figures. D'Lo is one of them.

He's looking better and better each game. He's definitely not going to be a bust, if you still think that, you dont know shit about ball :lol

STATUTORY
11-29-2015, 02:26 PM
4 games where Byron has allowed Russell to play 30+ mins

15.0 ppg
6.0 rpg
4.0 apg
44.2 FG%
45.0 3PT%
54.9 TS%

:roll: :roll: MUDIAY DOE? 30% FG

Okafor DOE? 108 mph boston strangler

AirTupac
11-29-2015, 02:28 PM

4 Games
15.0 ppg
6.0 rpg
4.0 apg
2.5 topg
44.2 FG%
45.0 3PT%
83.3 FT%
54.9 TS%

I still cant believe some people think that big lipped mfer who cant shoot and turns it over a lot is going to be a good player :facepalm

FKAri
11-29-2015, 02:30 PM
I never said he'll be a bust. I said the franchise is a bust :lol

on the real tho I like the ballsy pick but the organization is mismanaged and I don't know what Byron is doing. It looks like a willful tank job.

AirTupac
11-29-2015, 02:32 PM
I never said he'll be a bust. I said the franchise is a bust :lol

on the real tho I like the ballsy pick but the organization is mismanaged and I don't know what Byron is doing. It looks like a willful tank job.

Byron is here to do what he was hired, get us dem picks. I doubt we keep our top 3 pick but if we do, holy *** Byron is a legend.

FKAri
11-29-2015, 02:33 PM
The only guy I'm not too sure about is Julius Randle. I don't think he will ever be a good defender and I dont think his O game is going to be good enough on its own to make him a star.

AirTupac
11-29-2015, 02:34 PM
The only guy I'm not too sure about is Julius Randle. I don't think he will ever be a good defender and I dont think his O game is going to be good enough on its own to make him a star.

Its funny in summer league I hated both, pre season as well. Start of the season Randle was a monster and I was aboard the train and now I'm off it meanwhile I'm slowly getting on the D'Angelo ride.

Goofsta Knicca
11-29-2015, 02:36 PM

15.0 ppg
6.0 rpg
4.0 apg
44.2 FG%
45.0 3PT%
54.9 TS%

4th quarter is Kobe time dood.

CelticBaller
11-29-2015, 05:27 PM
He's only 19? The why does he play and move slower than a 38 year old Pierce?

AirTupac
11-29-2015, 05:49 PM
He's only 19? The why does he play and move slower than a 38 year old Pierce?

Cause he injured his dick pleasuring your mom the whole night so hes walking with a limp

RedBlackAttack
11-29-2015, 06:14 PM
I see a lot of Ginobili in his game. And, much like Ginobili, I think he'll need to be in the right offensive system for his ceiling to be reached.

Jameerthefear
11-29-2015, 06:16 PM
Cause he injured his dick pleasuring your mom the whole night so hes walking with a limp
He probably injured his dick from you hanging off his ****ing balls.

Heavincent
11-29-2015, 06:22 PM
I don't know why people were so quick to shit on the guy. He's playing totally fine for a 19 year old rookie, and he's in a pretty terrible situation with a clueless coach. He looks to be getting better and better as the season goes on.

It's really weird that people are acting like Mudiay has been better than Russel. Russell is clearly having a better season.

outbreak
11-29-2015, 06:32 PM
I don't know why people were so quick to shit on the guy. He's playing totally fine for a 19 year old rookie, and he's in a pretty terrible situation with a clueless coach. He looks to be getting better and better as the season goes on.

It's really weird that people are acting like Mudiay has been better than Russel. Russell is clearly having a better season.
Might have something to do with lakers fans proclaiming he is an all star before he even played a game and making numerous threads shitting on okafor/porzingis all season.

Russell's not terrible but he has obstacles to overcome if he wants to be more than an average player. Most rookies have that. The only reason he has had so much backlash is there's a few vocal lakers fans who won't admit this and keep making threads about how amazing he is.

On Mudiay I think the thinking is that he could be better long term due to his superior physical gifts. Who knows though, projecting how players develop in 3-4 years time is hard to do and we often get surprised.

Shade8780
11-29-2015, 06:38 PM
wtf

gay ass mf

NugzFan
11-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Oh wow...16 and 5?! :eek:

Magic 32
11-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Oh wow...16 and 5?! :eek:

January 2016

Oh wow...20 and 6?! :eek:

April 2016

Oh wow...23 and 8?! :eek:

November 2018

https://31.media.tumblr.com/3dcc8f3502cadf664d4308eabc83798f/tumblr_n9qzt4c3TT1rbc9h1o1_500.gif

Heavincent
11-29-2015, 06:43 PM
Might have something to do with lakers fans proclaiming he is an all star before he even played a game and making numerous threads shitting on okafor/porzingis all season.

Russell's not terrible but he has obstacles to overcome if he wants to be more than an average player. Most rookies have that. The only reason he has had so much backlash is there's a few vocal lakers fans who won't admit this and keep making threads about how amazing he is.

On Mudiay I think the thinking is that he could be better long term due to his superior physical gifts. Who knows though, projecting how players develop in 3-4 years time is hard to do and we often get surprised.

Lots of Lakers fans have been shitting on him too. And we know that fanbase is obnoxious. It's not a good reason to judge a player's abilities.

Mudiay's jumper is broken. That's a huge problem. When guys have broken shots, people say "he's gonna be amazing when he learns how to shoot!". It doesn't really work that way. Bad shooters usually stay bad. Rondo, Rubio, Wall, etc. Those guys have been in the league for years and still haven't developed reliable jump shots.

Russell is isn't exactly lighting it up either (33% from 3), but I think he can definitely get that up to around 38% or so. He has nice form.

JimmyMcAdocious
11-29-2015, 06:47 PM
It is because he's supposed to be LA's next up.

Put this 19 year old kid struggling for the first month of his career in Orlando or Sac (let's ignore rosters and assume he's getting similar opportunity) and no one gives a shit.

It's also why some stars are drawn to places like LA and NY. Because when you play well, then...

NugzFan
11-29-2015, 06:49 PM

If he averages those by then I'll eat crow. When he doesn't I'll keep laughing.

outbreak
11-29-2015, 06:51 PM
Lots of Lakers fans have been shitting on him too. And we know that fanbase is obnoxious. It's not a good reason to judge a player's abilities.

Mudiay's jumper is broken. That's a huge problem. When guys have broken shots, people say "he's gonna be amazing when he learns how to shoot!". It doesn't really work that way. Bad shooters usually stay bad.

Russell is isn't exactly lighting it up either (33% from 3), but I think he can definitely get that up to around 37 or 38%. He has nice form.

Personally I think it's easier to turn a guard in to a serviceable shooter than it is to teach them how to get to the rim.

If Russell can't improve in that area his peak will be limited to a pick and roll guy who can (hopefully) shoot which can still be decent but really hampers how good he can become. At draft time I expected Russell to be the safer pick but his instincts on the court have been worrying but it's too early to make serious decisions on him.

If he was taken at 4+ I don't see as much hate or insecurity but it's just a combination of the vocal obnoxious fans and the fact right now he looks more like an average point guard than a great one in a league full of good point guards where as Okafor and Porzingis look like they could be great big men in a league that values solid bigs. Pretty much if my team had taken him over okafor and porzingis I'd be annoyed, if they'd just taken him at 4 over Mudiay i'd be content and wait and see how it pans out.

outbreak
11-29-2015, 06:53 PM
It is because he's supposed to be LA's next up.

Put this 19 year old kid struggling for the first month of his career in Orlando or Sac (let's ignore rosters and assume he's getting similar opportunity) and no one gives a shit.

It's also why some stars are drawn to places like LA and NY. Because when you play well, then...

If he was taken over okafor and porzingis we'd still see a bunch of threads (likely from lakers fans who hate jameer) laughing at Orlando's front office. If he was taken after those two like I said in my above post then yeah no one gives a shit and everyone says give him time.

Nick Young
11-29-2015, 07:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCzo0NBakPU&feature=youtu.be

Five players from this draft are averaging double figures. D'Lo is one of them.

He's looking better and better each game. He's definitely not going to be a bust, if you still think that, you dont know shit about ball :lol
he is a prodigy:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

outbreak
11-29-2015, 07:06 PM
he is a prodigy:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
All lakers fans should despise ISH's nick young and airtupac imo.

AirTupac
11-29-2015, 07:27 PM
All lakers fans should despise ISH's nick young and airtupac imo.

No one cares what you think bozo. Youre comment about how its easier to turn a guard into a shooter is downright laughable. You know nothing about basketball you inept little boy.

outbreak
11-29-2015, 07:35 PM
No one cares what you think bozo. Youre comment about how its easier to turn a guard into a shooter is downright laughable. You know nothing about basketball you inept little boy.
the fact you didn't even understand my comment just makes this post even funnier. Mudiay doesn't need to become a good shooter just needs to be serviceable in the Dwayne Wade mould. It's easier to get by with a poor jump shot than it is to get by without being able to keep up with guards like Calderon and Rubio on offence or defence....

STATUTORY
11-29-2015, 07:37 PM
the fact you didn't even understand my comment just makes this post even funnier. Mudiay doesn't need to become a good shooter just needs to be serviceable in the Dwayne Wade mould. It's easier to get by with a poor jump shot than it is to get by without being able to keep up with guards like Calderon and Rubio on offence or defence....

:facepalm dwayne wade shot 30%?

Mudiay's problem is that he's god awful abysmal at shooting and he's not just regular bad at finishing around the hoop

he's basically the unholy matrimony of rubio and rondo on offense

outbreak
11-29-2015, 07:44 PM
:facepalm dwayne wade shot 30%?

Mudiay's problem is that he's god awful abysmal at shooting and he's not just regular bad at finishing around the hoop

he's basically the unholy matrimony of rubio and rondo on offense
He's been an up and down shooter his career, career average is like 28%. Mudiay doesn't need to be a great shooter just needs to become passable which we've seen players do in the past and is easier than overcoming natural born athleticism in a league that more and more values quick point guards. As I said earlier, I would be fine taking Russell over Mudiay because I don't think there's a big gap between them but it's silly to act like Mudiay doesn't have decent potential if he pans out.

knicksman
11-29-2015, 07:50 PM
russell is alpha so i believe on him. And players who are skills dependent are late bloomers like curry

STATUTORY
11-29-2015, 07:53 PM
He's been an up and down shooter his career, career average is like 28%. Mudiay doesn't need to be a great shooter just needs to become passable which we've seen players do in the past and is easier than overcoming natural born athleticism in a league that more and more values quick point guards. As I said earlier, I would be fine taking Russell over Mudiay because I don't think there's a big gap between them but it's silly to act like Mudiay doesn't have decent potential if he pans out.

see that's where you are wrong

FreezingTsmoove
11-29-2015, 07:58 PM
I only called him a bust to fit in with the ISH crowd, I always knew he was the truth

CelticBaller
11-29-2015, 09:00 PM
Lmao ***** you corny af

AirTupac
11-29-2015, 09:09 PM
see that's where you are wrong

Outbreak is the same dumbass that thinks Gordon has potential :oldlol:

outbreak
11-29-2015, 09:16 PM
Outbreak is the same dumbass that thinks Gordon has potential :oldlol:
so cringe worthy you switched it from payton to gordon after you got your ass torn wide open in your payton thread haha. It must be like a fire hose when you take a shit these days with how much pounding your ass takes on ISH daily. Just totally wide open.

also if you'd actually watched gordon you'd see he's already one of the league's better defenders this season, still has a ways to go but he's coming a long as a solid hustle player on offence and a defender who can legit cover 1-5. We've seen him shut down harden and cousins for stretches this season already so he's got a promising future. He's just put up 12pts 5rbs on 71% shooting and 2-3 from deep today while playing good defence. Not bad for a 19 year old who's biggest weakness is his scoring and shooting.

AirTupac
11-29-2015, 09:24 PM
Destroyed? LMAO dude you are one delusional kid. Gordon and Payton are scrubs. Have fun being Brick City.

NugzFan
11-30-2015, 01:00 PM
I'm so thankful the lakers front office is as smart as their fans.

AirTupac
11-30-2015, 01:14 PM
Im thankful the Lakers FO arent as dumb as Nug fans :oldlol:

CeltsGarlic
11-30-2015, 01:34 PM
He plays like hes high

Levity
11-30-2015, 01:47 PM
I don't know why people were so quick to shit on the guy.

It's because a certain poster got everyone to focus on his "heavy feet" and disregard every positive aspect of his game and potential.

the kid has a pretty effective change of pace game. just needs to be more willing to attack with it. but if teams are going to give him open midrange shots... might as well keep taking them

CeltsGarlic
11-30-2015, 02:43 PM
It's because a certain poster got everyone to focus on his "heavy feet" and disregard every positive aspect of his game and potential.

the kid has a pretty effective change of pace game. just needs to be more willing to attack with it. but if teams are going to give him open midrange shots... might as well keep taking them

I bet its from "Slowest possible" to "Really slow"

Town's Town
11-30-2015, 02:47 PM
When an age needs inserted into his name to remind people of his potential it means his game isn't speaking for him.

AirTupac
11-30-2015, 02:49 PM
When an age needs inserted into his name to remind people of his potential it means his game isn't speaking for him.

It is. And the fact that he's 19 and its speaking for him already shows what a stud he is you clown.

CJ Mustard
11-30-2015, 03:51 PM
I see a lot of Ginobili in his game. And, much like Ginobili, I think he'll need to be in the right offensive system for his ceiling to be reached.
Not NEARLY as quick/explosive. No way he ever matches Ginobili's output.

KnicksWolves
11-30-2015, 04:41 PM
What about his passing? There's a lot of talk about his shooting in this thread, but wasn't he supposed to be the second coming in terms of his dishing ability? I haven't caught many Laker games this season, so can someone who's watched the games tell me something about his passing?

AirTupac
11-30-2015, 04:45 PM
What about his passing? There's a lot of talk about his shooting in this thread, but wasn't he supposed to be the second coming in terms of his dishing ability? I haven't caught many Laker games this season, so can someone who's watched the games tell me something about his passing?

He has the vision but under Scott's system his game isn't being shown in its true light. The system is actually retarded. Its more of a "someone dribbles it for 15 seconds, try to get an ISO and hope for a bucket" type of system, hence the low assists.

Town's Town
11-30-2015, 04:54 PM
It is. And the fact that he's 19 and its speaking for him already shows what a stud he is you clown.
Repeating that he is 19 just seems desperate and defensive.

Town's Town
11-30-2015, 04:56 PM

His passing hasn't been great. Just the other day he had one of the laziest passes I have ever seen that went to nobody and resulted in a fast break for the opposing team.

outbreak
11-30-2015, 04:57 PM
Repeating that he is 19 just seems desperate and defensive.
does he realise there's a lot of players who enter the league at 19? Okafor is apparently trash but he is also 19....

outbreak
11-30-2015, 04:58 PM
he was hyped as a great shooter, then when his shooting percentages sucked he was hyped as a great passer, then when he couldn't get assists it was all due to his bad team mates and not the fact he doesn't drive or create in any way besides the pick and roll.

oh the horror
11-30-2015, 05:01 PM
does he realise there's a lot of players who enter the league at 19? Okafor is apparently trash but he is also 19....

Okafor is also massive. I am somewhat patient with a rookie PG who also happens to be young considering they're the primary ball handlers and have the most to do on their teams for the most part.

The learning curve is different for a big and a PG. it is what it is

outbreak
11-30-2015, 05:11 PM
Okafor is also massive. I am somewhat patient with a rookie PG who also happens to be young considering they're the primary ball handlers and have the most to do on their teams for the most part.

wait what? I give all rookies a pass and russell's looking more decent now after a horrid start but usually it's bigs who are projects and guards who are ready to go. Running an offence takes time to learn but you want to see your guard prospects passing the eye test right away. They should be good enough to get by the older/slower guards from day one.

AirTupac
11-30-2015, 05:16 PM
wait what? I give all rookies a pass and russell's looking more decent now after a horrid start but usually it's bigs who are projects and guards who are ready to go. Running an offence takes time to learn but you want to see your guard prospects passing the eye test right away. They should be good enough to get by the older/slower guards from day one.

You are just plain wrong here. I dont even need to give you a reason because you won't listen. PG's have a much harder time adjusting to the NBA game. Not everyone is a 4 year Lillard.

NugzFan
11-30-2015, 06:55 PM
Im thankful the Lakers FO arent as dumb as Nug fans :oldlol:

Are you 8?

AirTupac
11-30-2015, 06:56 PM
Are you 8?

Is Mudiay shooting 40%? Same answer

Shade8780
11-30-2015, 06:57 PM
Are you 8?
Same train of thought here...

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11909779&postcount=20

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11909807&postcount=30

NugzFan
11-30-2015, 07:52 PM
Is Mudiay shooting 40%? Same answer

So if you aren't 8 you must be retarded. Makes sense.

chips93
11-30-2015, 07:54 PM

its supposed to be the other way around, it should take bigs longer to develop, the thinking goes.

outbreak
11-30-2015, 07:58 PM
its supposed to be the other way around, it should take bigs longer to develop, the thinking goes.
I agreed above, point guards though can take time before they can run an offence properlly, usually you'll see high turn overs while they are adapting but in general yeah they should be contributing right away whereas bigs are viewed as projects because you can't teach height and strength and build matters more down low when going up against fully grown men compared to college kids.

RoseCity07
11-30-2015, 08:01 PM
I've called this kid a bust mostly to troll Laker fans but to be honest he's pretty solid. I think uses screens well. He has a nice jumper off the dribble. He doesn't take a lot of stupid shots. He's a much better prospect than most are willing to admit.

Lakers should be giving Clarkson, Russel, and Randle more crunch time minutes. Instead they keep bringing Kobe. The Lakers fall apart and lose the game. Byron Scott is such a little b*tch. He cares more about Kobe's farewell tour than developing the Laker's young talent.

AirTupac
11-30-2015, 09:00 PM
So if you aren't 8 you must be retarded. Makes sense.

I'm not the one that thinks Mudiay is going to be good :lol

SpecialQue
11-30-2015, 11:08 PM

:(