PDA

View Full Version : James Harden is avg 30/6/6

StrongLurk
11-29-2015, 02:25 PM
I can't believe that. He has been playing like garbage, but has still managed a 50 point game that was almost a triple double and a couple of other 40 point games.

This guy makes absolutely no sense. I honestly cant wrap my head around his play style, the eye test watching him, and the numbers he produces.

STATUTORY
11-29-2015, 02:27 PM
he's like the cheeser playing SF2 smashing the same button combination over and over again

AirTupac
11-29-2015, 02:36 PM
Jamie Harden is that guy who can only feast on shit teams

AirBonner
11-29-2015, 02:40 PM
Definition of empty stats

bdreason
11-29-2015, 02:40 PM
On 40/30%.

WorldWarriors
11-29-2015, 02:44 PM
I can't believe that. He has been playing like garbage, but has still managed a 50 point game that was almost a triple double and a couple of other 40 point games.

This guy makes absolutely no sense. I honestly cant wrap my head around his play style, the eye test watching him, and the numbers he produces.
It makes sense. He's a great player. What's throwing you off is the amount of free throws he makes. They make up a good portion of his point total. I think in his 50 point game he had about 20 free throws. Nothing wrong with it. He was quite efficient as well.

Haymaker
11-29-2015, 02:55 PM
Those numbers will go nowhere but down.

Smoke117
11-29-2015, 02:57 PM
empty stats.

TrueBlue89
11-29-2015, 03:00 PM
He's dropped 43 on the Clippers and 37 on Durant/Westbrook though. This is a ****ing stupid post.

StephHamann
11-29-2015, 03:00 PM
he's like the cheeser playing SF2 smashing the same button combination over and over again

Spot on

Springsteen
11-29-2015, 03:07 PM
15+ fts per game

AnaheimLakers24
11-29-2015, 03:58 PM
Its what happes whens the league is deprived of real self made stars

Spurs m8
11-29-2015, 04:01 PM
Who cares...he is junk with empty stats and an empty game which brings literally zero real enjoyment to anyone with a soul.

GrapeApe
11-29-2015, 04:53 PM
I hate using the term "empty stats", but so far this season Harden's numbers have been pretty empty. That wasn't the case last season where he put up big numbers and his team won a lot of games. Right now his numbers aren't translating to wins. In watching him this season, it appears to me like teams have started to figure him out and exploit the holes in his game. He's getting his numbers at the expense of team play, he has zero in-between game, and he doesn't move without the ball.

I don't care about the advanced metrics, when a player is scoring at that volume on extremely low raw percentages he's hurting his team. Advanced percentages tend to marginalize missed shots. Harden's terrible raw efficiency is a big part of Houston's struggles.

Cocaine80s
11-29-2015, 04:59 PM
Yet you kobe stans still fap to Kobe dropping 81 on the ****ing raptors

Spurs m8
11-29-2015, 05:01 PM
He's barely shooting 40%, and he's shooting 30% from 3 LMAO

GrapeApe
11-29-2015, 06:10 PM
He's barely shooting 40%, and he's shooting 30% from 3 LMAO

That's why raw percentages are still important and relevant. His advanced percentages are solid, but he's missing a lot of shots, roughly 13 per game. For a player with 10+ ppg at the line and nearly 10 three point attempts, he would need to be near 40 ppg to "efficiently" miss 13 shots. Missed shots are inherently bad, and as I mentioned before, advanced percentages tend to marginalize missed shots.

Xoush
11-29-2015, 06:10 PM
emptiest stats possible

Akhenaten
11-29-2015, 06:17 PM
Advanced percentages tend to marginalize missed shots. Harden's terrible raw efficiency is a big part of Houston's struggles.

"advanced" stat goofies cant grasp this simple concept

TS% says scoring 30 points on 10/30 from threee is the esact same as scoring 15/30 from two, those extra five misses MEAN NOTHING essentially.

That's why I cant take that garbage seriously.

greatest-ever
11-29-2015, 08:22 PM
He's also averaging 5 turnovers. Harden's stats have been weird this year, volume wise it's been his best, but his shooting efficiency is the lowest since his rookie season, still has a good ts% at 57.8%, but is shooting only 40 fg%. His PER is 25.5, down from 26.7 last season. He's playing heavy minutes at 39.1 so that has something to do with his volume being higher than usual. Overall he's been worse so far than he was last season.

plowking
11-29-2015, 09:25 PM
On 40/30%.

Weren't we all hailing Iverson as the shit back in the day when he used to do it?

Collie
11-29-2015, 09:33 PM
Will never win anything meaningful with that style of play.

WayOfWade
11-29-2015, 09:33 PM
Weren't we all hailing Iverson as the shit back in the day when he used to do it?
Except Iverson actually took his team to the finals and introduced to us the arm sleeves, Harden introduced how to FT your way to 30 points

plowking
11-29-2015, 09:46 PM
Except Iverson actually took his team to the finals and introduced to us the arm sleeves, Harden introduced how to FT your way to 30 points

Harden made it to the WCF... and lost to one of the greatest teams of all time.

What Harden has done in his career in terms of leading his teams is more impressive than what Iverson has done.

Harden doesn't get any credit for leading a shitty, injury depleted roster last season.

FKAri
11-29-2015, 09:48 PM
Come on man. Allen Iverson drew fouls a lot too. He'd just run into moving bigs and get calls. Now it does takes a greater toll on your body than throwing your arms in the air tho :lol

LoneyROY7
11-29-2015, 09:50 PM

What Harden has done in his career in terms of leading his teams is more impressive than what Iverson has done.

Harden doesn't get any credit for leading a shitty, injury depleted roster last season.

:wtf:

plowking
11-29-2015, 09:51 PM
Come on man. Allen Iverson drew fouls a lot too. He'd just run into moving bigs and get calls. Now it does takes a greater toll on your body than throwing your arms in the air tho :lol

I never said I liked the way Harden plays. The point is, he is a very good, awkward player to play against.

No such thing as empty stats when it comes to him.

He is putting up 30 points on 21 shots... That is efficient...

Last season he led Houston to the WCF while playing the majority of the season with a starting line up that included DM, Jason Terry, Terrence Jones and Ariza...

plowking
11-29-2015, 09:55 PM
:wtf:

Outside of that one finals run with an insanely talented team, what has Iverson done exactly? Serious question.

Harden has been to the finals while being a large contributor, and large reason as to why they beat a more talented Spurs team.
He also led them to the WCF going down to one of the best teams ever. Put up 28/8/6 too...

brownmamba00
11-29-2015, 10:01 PM

Obviously you have never watched AI

Blue&Orange
11-29-2015, 10:17 PM

off course retards are going to argue hand checking exist today, when in reality you can't even have yours hands up because the other guy is going to throw you arms against your hand and it

plowking
11-29-2015, 11:15 PM
Obviously you have never watched AI

Clearly I didn't. That is why I'm posting about it. I just love pretending for the sake of it.

Eat your baklava, let the grown ups talk, and shut up.

LoneyROY7
11-29-2015, 11:18 PM
Outside of that one finals run with an insanely talented team, what has Iverson done exactly? Serious question.

Harden has been to the finals while being a large contributor, and large reason as to why they beat a more talented Spurs team.
He also led them to the WCF going down to one of the best teams ever. Put up 28/8/6 too...

Huh? You're gonna tell me a team of Eric Snow, Mutumbo, Aaron Mckie, and Raja Bell is "insanely talented"?

C'mon, dude.

AI was everything for that team offensively.

WorldWarriors
11-29-2015, 11:21 PM
Huh? You're gonna tell me a team of Eric Snow, Mutumbo, Aaron Mckie, and Raja Bell is "insanely talented"?

C'mon, dude.

AI was everything for that team offensively. Don't forget that offensive juggernaut Tyrone Hill.

plowking
11-29-2015, 11:22 PM

C'mon, dude.

AI was everything for that team offensively.

Well what was James Harden last season? :oldlol:

Howard didn't play half the season... Terrence Jones was his second option essentially... Jason Terry is god knows how old...

They were if anything equal... and achieved similar things. Yet I'm fairly certain Iverson had the 6th man of the year, DPOY and COTY on his team?

brownmamba00
11-29-2015, 11:23 PM
Clearly I didn't. That is why I'm posting about it. I just love pretending for the sake of it.

Eat your baklava, let the grown ups talk, and shut up.
Yeah clearly you've never watched him you little shit

GrapeApe
11-29-2015, 11:27 PM
I never said I liked the way Harden plays. The point is, he is a very good, awkward player to play against.

No such thing as empty stats when it comes to him.

He is putting up 30 points on 21 shots... That is efficient...

It depends on how you define efficient. In terms of points per shot, that is good. However, another measure of efficiency is points per missed shot. Efficient high volume scorers should be in the 2.6-2.8 range. In his three previous seasons with Houston, Harden has been right around 2.7, which is excellent. So far this season he's at 2.4, the lowest since his rookie year. In my opinion there is a direct correlation between that number being low and Houston's struggles.

That being said, Harden's issues go beyond the numbers. He doesn't move without the ball, he has no mid-range game, and he's reverted back to his lazy defensive ways.

LoneyROY7
11-29-2015, 11:27 PM

Howard didn't play half the season... Terrence Jones was his second option essentially... Jason Terry is god knows how old...

They were if anything equal... and achieved similar things. Yet I'm fairly certain Iverson had the 6th man of the year, DPOY and COTY on his team?

That Rockets team last year had 7 players OTHER than Harden that averaged double-digits. The 2001 Sixers had 3.

The Sixers were a MUCH better defensive team obviously, but Harden definitely had more offensive assistance than Iverson.

Bankaii
11-29-2015, 11:31 PM

Dude you're horribly wrong.

The Rockets made a huge comeback and win a game all with Harden on the freaking bench. That team had talent, quit trolling.

I can only imagine the stagnant bullshit offense the 76ers would've run with AI sitting out an entire 4th quarter in the playoffs:roll:

And calling that 76ers supporting cast talented lol. They were solid defensively, but care to post their numbers in the playoffs/Finals.

Hold an L on this one.

brownmamba00
11-29-2015, 11:33 PM
AI had better handles, better mid range game, better defense and could score with the best of em.

And you have to be a retard to ignore the impact he had on the game in his early years in the L...he also won MVP and went to the finals but yeah somehow Harden has already accomplished more.

Learn the game bruh

LoneyROY7
11-29-2015, 11:33 PM
Dude you're horribly wrong.

The Rockets made a huge comeback and win a game all with Harden on the freaking bench. That team had talent, quit trolling.

I can only imagine the stagnant bullshit offense the 76ers would've run with AI sitting out an entire 4th quarter in the playoffs:roll:

Hold an L on this one.

I should've mentioned that...I watched that shit first-hand myself. :lol

Harden was not a huge factor in the Rockets beating us and advancing to the WCF.

plowking
11-29-2015, 11:39 PM
The Bulls had comebacks when Jordan sat on the bench, same with Shaq, Kobe, Bron, Wade, Bird, etc...

The Rockets had double digit guys because they push the ball and don't really play a whole lot of defense. A lot of the scoring and easy buckets are due to Harden.

I don't even like the guy, but he clearly is on the level of AI. Even in his worst shooting season, he is far more efficient than Iverson... That should be noted...

It should stick out that it took one of the most insanely efficient defensive units ever to allow Iverson to go to the finals... A team that limited points and shut the game right down.

Harden essentially had a team not really good at anything...

Of those 7 that averaged in double digits, 3 of them never really played much time together. TJ played 30 games, Howard 40... Beverly was injured for the playoffs and played 55 games... Josh Smith came in half way through...

They had a disrupted season, injury plagued the whole time, and they still made it work. The constant throughout the season, Harden... and Ariza. The only two guys to start over 70 games last year.

GrapeApe
11-29-2015, 11:40 PM
That Rockets team last year had 7 players OTHER than Harden that averaged double-digits. The 2001 Sixers had 3.

The Sixers were a MUCH better defensive team obviously, but Harden definitely had more offensive assistance than Iverson.

Yeah, I'm not sure where the myth of the Rockets being a one man show last year came from. That was a good team, despite Howard missing 40 games. The comeback against the Clippers is an obvious example, but last years Rockets had solid contributions from several players.

LoneyROY7
11-29-2015, 11:44 PM
I can play that game with the Sixers too.

Eric Snow and Theo Ratliff only played 50 games. Mutumbo only played 26 games.

The main constants for the Sixers in 2001 were Iverson, Aaron Mckie and George Lynch.

Derka
11-29-2015, 11:46 PM
Plays no defense, gets gifted free throws like crazy and the Rockets suck, ergo I'm not all that impressed.

Town's Town
11-29-2015, 11:56 PM

Hopefully later in the season when Harden fans think he is making an MVP push they remember he had to play more minutes than anybody and have his best games against shit teams like the 76ers to get his stats up, while Curry frequently puts games out of distance before the 4th quarter.

Ai2death
11-30-2015, 01:19 AM
The Bulls had comebacks when Jordan sat on the bench, same with Shaq, Kobe, Bron, Wade, Bird, etc...

The Rockets had double digit guys because they push the ball and don't really play a whole lot of defense. A lot of the scoring and easy buckets are due to Harden.

I don't even like the guy, but he clearly is on the level of AI. Even in his worst shooting season, he is far more efficient than Iverson... That should be noted...

It should stick out that it took one of the most insanely efficient defensive units ever to allow Iverson to go to the finals... A team that limited points and shut the game right down.

Of those 7 that averaged in double digits, 3 of them never really played much time together. TJ played 30 games, Howard 40... Beverly was injured for the playoffs and played 55 games... Josh Smith came in half way through...

They had a disrupted season, injury plagued the whole time, and they still made it work. The constant throughout the season, Harden... and Ariza. The only two guys to start over 70 games last year.

Damn... what happened to ISH trolls, i remember there use to be some funny cleverly thought up theories and discussions, now its just retards dribbling shit.

Ah, the golden days are long behind us in both trolls and NBA players.

brownmamba00
11-30-2015, 02:10 AM
Hopefully later in the season when Harden fans think he is making an MVP push they remember he had to play more minutes than anybody and have his best games against shit teams like the 76ers to get his stats up, while Curry frequently puts games out of distance before the 4th quarter.
Harden won't ever win a MVP imho he had his chance last year and he should've won it but this year? No chance the way Curry is ballin out. Even PG is back in form and impacting the game the way Harden has never done speaking both sides of the bball.

Unless the Rocks win a ch'ship this year, I don't see it happenin

bdreason
11-30-2015, 02:15 AM
Comparing Harden to AI is disrespectful. AI actually had heart, and leadership abilities. When I watch the Rockets play, it looks like nobody wants to even be on the court with Harden.

Blue&Orange
11-30-2015, 08:11 AM

Apparently you got a thing for statpadder losers who get babied by refs.

dunksby
11-30-2015, 08:59 AM
How about this?
Per 100
Iverson career FGM average: 12
Iverson career FTM average: 9

Per 100
Harden career FGM average: 9
Harden career FTM average: 10

Get back to me when Harden starts making some FGs.

Gileraracer
11-30-2015, 09:02 AM
Thats because of his 15 free throws per game. Would be absolute trash without the refs

Ai2death
11-30-2015, 04:17 PM
Thats because of his 15 free throws per game. He is absolute trash without the refs

We've seen it multiple times before.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-30-2015, 04:28 PM
On shit percentages
with WOAT level defense
negative intangibles

Jimmy has been the best SG in the league this season

Wade's Rings
11-30-2015, 04:32 PM
We've seen it multiple times before.

:oldlol:

riseagainst
11-30-2015, 04:40 PM
Yet you kobe stans still fap to Kobe dropping 81 on the ****ing raptors

because 30 points is the same as 81, right?