PDA

View Full Version : MCW is trash like we always knew. Wouldn't Knight look good in a Bucks uni right now?

chocolatethunder
11-29-2015, 08:25 PM
Enjoy that shitstain MCW. Please tell me that the Sixers lost in that trade.

CelticBaller
11-29-2015, 09:07 PM
why the hate tho

Brook(lyn)Lopez
11-29-2015, 09:10 PM
MCW?

more like MCL, amirite?

outbreak
11-29-2015, 09:18 PM
MCW?

more like MCL, amirite?
he's legally obliged to change his name to Michael Carter

PJR
11-29-2015, 09:18 PM
Enjoy that shitstain MCW. Please tell me that the Sixers lost in that trade.

I guess you'll take any "win" you can get as a Sixers fan :confusedshrug:

Milbuck
11-29-2015, 09:19 PM
why the hate tho
Because his team is so laughably dogshit and hasn't won a game since March of last season that he has to constantly rip on former Sixer players to find something to feel good about. Out of the 3 "franchise players" they've acquired through becoming the league's laughingstock (that by the way all play the same position), the first one is Oden 2.0, the second one is a twig with the offensive game of my dead grandfather, and the third is a zero defense playing diva who wishes he was on another team and takes out his frustration in drunk bar fights.

Literally the only reason Sixer fans constantly clown MCW is because it makes them feel better about the shitshow they have to watch 82 times a season.

GIF REACTION
11-29-2015, 09:21 PM
Milwaukee didn't get any better, but neither did Philly

Neither of them won the trade

chocolatethunder
11-29-2015, 10:04 PM
I guess you'll take any "win" you can get as a Sixers fan :confusedshrug:
Nah, actually I don't care about the wins. What I do care about is rubbing it in Bucks fan's faces who claimed he was so much better than Knight and how stupid Hinkie was for letting him go. The Sixers suck no doubt but last year after the trade people were wildn out here talking about how Kidd is gonna mold MCW into a stud PG and how his shot "wasn't broken" and he would improve as a shooter no problem. What is Sixer fans knew is that Philly had rebuilt his shot from the ground up but he still wasn't shooting better and that was a concern.

SwishSquared
11-29-2015, 10:56 PM
Because his team is so laughably dogshit and hasn't won a game since March of last season that he has to constantly rip on former Sixer players to find something to feel good about. Out of the 3 "franchise players" they've acquired through becoming the league's laughingstock (that by the way all play the same position), the first one is Oden 2.0, the second one is a twig with the offensive game of my dead grandfather, and the third is a zero defense playing diva who wishes he was on another team and takes out his frustration in drunk bar fights.

Literally the only reason Sixer fans constantly clown MCW is because it makes them feel better about the shitshow they have to watch 82 times a season.I get this is touchy but this is blind hate, too.

The team is awful and they lose any lead they have (intentionally constructed so), which is indicative of the inexperienced players and overuse of non-NBA caliber starters. We can also criticize Brett Brown for some bizarre late game decisions. Also, Noel is statistically awful on offense, but his % of FGAs from long-2s has doubled since last season due to no spacing. It was obvious he and Okafor were gonna be terrible together on offense. If he only stuck to high % shots playing C full time, his #s would jump. They play D at a top 3 rate with him @ C fwiw. This is why I've thought Okafor is a pump and dump guy.

/end rant

MCW is really reeling right now, but maybe the team should have held onto Duds & Zaza in place of signing Monroe. I thought that the D would drop but not this bad and the offensive trade-off would be worth it (esp since Knight was your best ISO player last year).

I said pre-trade that MCW's future is Brooklyn Nets-era Livingston impact on a team as the backup PG. I still stand by that. Not grabbing that LAL pick and/or Thomas was a bad move, as was the Vasquez trade, but at least you have Midds/Jabari/Giannis to build on. Add IT2 and that LAL pick as trade bait to this squad and they would be in the ECF in 2 years. Can still get there of course but they don't look great right now.

Hinkie blew the MCW pick but made up for it with the LAL first. 2nd most valuable non-76ers pick in the league (2016 Nets pick is better, of course).

This thread is a hate-thread but I remember OP stating this all year last season, well in advance of the trade, to their credit.

Milbuck
11-29-2015, 11:17 PM
I get this is touchy but this is blind hate, too.

The team is awful and they lose any lead they have (intentionally constructed so), which is indicative of the inexperienced players and overuse of non-NBA caliber starters. We can also criticize Brett Brown for some bizarre late game decisions. Also, Noel is statistically awful on offense, but his % of FGAs from long-2s has doubled since last season due to no spacing. It was obvious he and Okafor were gonna be terrible together on offense. If he only stuck to high % shots playing C full time, his #s would jump. They play D at a top 3 rate with him @ C fwiw. This is why I've thought Okafor is a pump and dump guy.

/end rant
What about it was blind? It's aggressive hate due to the nature of this thread but I don't think anything I said is wrong at all nor do I think you're really going against what I said outside of the aggressive tone. All I said was Noel has zero offensive game in terms of skill, which we're seeing now, similarly his defensive impact is significantly reduced playing at the 4. Embiid has not on any level shown the ability to stay healthy, and likely doesn't come close to becoming the player everyone thought his ceiling was before all these major injury concerns..and even if he does, his injury history makes him the worst candidate to play out of position. Okafor is exactly what everyone thought he would be before the draft, in strengths and weaknesses. They likely have to trade one of them, if not two of them. That is a major problem imo.

MCW is really reeling right now, but maybe the team should have held onto Duds & Zaza in place of signing Monroe. I thought that the D would drop but not this bad and the offensive trade-off would be worth it (esp since Knight was your best ISO player last year).

I said pre-trade that MCW's future is Brooklyn Nets-era Livingston impact on a team as the backup PG. I still stand by that. Not grabbing that LAL pick and/or Thomas was a bad move, as was the Vasquez trade, but at least you have Midds/Jabari/Giannis to build on. Add IT2 and that LAL pick as trade bait to this squad and they would be in the ECF in 2 years. Can still get there of course but they don't look great right now.

Hinkie blew the MCW pick but made up for it with the LAL first. 2nd most valuable non-76ers pick in the league (2016 Nets pick is better, of course).

This thread is a hate-thread but I remember OP stating this all year last season, well in advance of the trade, to their credit.I'm done with MCW but I think attributing all of our problems to him and Monroe is a bit simplistic. I've watched every game and the problems with this team comes from 1-15 except for maybe Giannis, and also coaching.

Our defensive system relies on frequent trapping, scrambling, switching which teams are starting to figure out that they can beat by zipping the ball around, knowing eventually we can't keep up. It leaves a ton of wide open 3s which is suicide in today's era. To keep up that system it relies on 100% intensity and commitment at a level only Giannis on our team can give you night in night out. And when you don't give 100% energy and commitment it completely falls apart.

And offensively we run no system, it's a complete free-for-all offense where guards thrive, which is especially problematic because our guards are complete morons. Instead of running plays for our leading scorer and far and away most talented player, we feature chuckers like Jerryd Bayless and Greivis Vasquez, which sucks because Vasquez is a complete scrub and Bayless, while shooting well statistically, is an extremely self centered player who routinely freezes out Giannis and Jabari for whatever reason. Instead of using Middleton as a sniper from 3, we use him as a postup wing shooting turnaround fadeaways and let him play two-man games with Monroe, totally defeating the purpose of him being signed to space the floor..it's no surprise that he started off the year abysmally playing that style, while he's picked it up in recent games when we're using him more as a catch and shoot guy from 3. MCW is turnover prone and extremely lackadaisical with the ball.

It's easy to shit on the players but Kidd and his staff have been AWFUL this year. Their defensive system is getting exposed big time and that in turn is amplifying just how useless they are offensively.

outbreak
11-29-2015, 11:32 PM
question for the 76ers fans in this thread: Do you worry that when your rookie deals are up players will want to leave philly due to how long this rebuild process has taken and how blatant it has been? It's unprecedented just how deliberately bad this philly team has been.

SwishSquared
11-30-2015, 12:14 AM
@Milbuck: It's moot but I said blind hate rather than aggressive b/c I don't know anybody who calls their top picks "franchise players," people (not just Philly fans) pile on MCW because he's below average and the Bucks overpaid for him, and the Kings/Nets/Lakers all seem closer to the league's laughingstocks than Philly (but that's just my opinion based on future outlook). I mean can you be a laughingstock when you engineered a roster like Philly's purposefully for a 3-year stretch b/c you're continually obviously playing the lotto.

I'm probably more bullish on Nerlens' future offensive output b/c they currently let him "experiment" and do way more than he should in hopes he strings together a perimeter game (like before Kidd reigned in MCW and Giannis shooting 3s).

As a C, he's shown promise as a guy that can blow by slower bigs from the elbow extended and has nice passing instincts. In a game that's increasingly more dominated by PnR, he should thrive as a rim roller due to his hops/length combo, even if he's prone to extended bouts of stone hands. Dude won't showcase those abilities on this team since the guard play is so poor right now.

No argument re: Embiid & Okafor. I've thought they'd trade Jah ever since they drafted him. They can't trade Embiid since he's worth like a second rounder. May as well hold onto him and hope he develops into a killer 3rd big.

I was more criticizing your FO than the players. I think they did poorly at the deadline and in the draft (which we've discussed a lot...). Kidd also, like you said, isn't having a great year. It's like Fisher stole his mojo from last season. Idk why he's been doing stupid stuff with Middleton & Monroe but the team has been playing so different than I anticipated. I liked bringing in Monroe as a reliable scorer after trading Knight (which I advocated), but it's not Greg's fault he's not being maximized on offense (for the record).

DoctorP
11-30-2015, 12:15 AM
I will never understand that trade.

Springsteen
11-30-2015, 12:31 AM
At least the Bucks were trying to actively improve through trades. It just didn't pan out.

It's better than putting out a garbage product year after year which sofar has produced 3 big men, one of which is injured and the other of which will probably be traded. All the while the fanbase (you) deludes themselves into thinking the "process" is doing anything else than instilling a losing culture that free agents will be hesitant to approach.

MCW is dogshit right now. But he can only get better from here. Or worse, who knows. But he's got a taste of the playoffs and even had a great game in them. That's more than the 76er's can say, or will be saying for awhile.

DoctorP
11-30-2015, 12:34 AM
At least the Bucks were trying to actively improve through trades. It just didn't pan out.

It's better than putting out a garbage product year after year which sofar has produced 3 big men, one of which is injured and the other of which will probably be traded. All the while the fanbase (you) deludes themselves into thinking the "process" is doing anything else than instilling a losing culture that free agents will be hesitant to approach.

MCW is dogshit right now. But he can only get better from here. Or worse, who knows. But he's got a taste of the playoffs and even had a great game in them. That's more than the 76er's can say, or will be saying for awhile.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/640/962/d91.gif

el gringos
11-30-2015, 01:07 AM
question for the 76ers fans in this thread: Do you worry that when your rookie deals are up players will want to leave philly due to how long this rebuild process has taken and how blatant it has been? It's unprecedented just how deliberately bad this philly team has been.
The tanking isn't over though. How would they know. Only thing for sure is another 140 games of tanking. Maybe after the 2017 draft the plan will move forward

Rocketswin2013
11-30-2015, 01:10 AM
Aren't the Bucks last in the league on defense? Knight isn't helping with that.

Dr.J4ever
11-30-2015, 02:34 AM

It's positively frustrating to be sure. Especially, when social media, from hoop watchers and just casual sports fans, are all over this losing streak story.

I would just as soon be glad when this losing streak ends. What is being forgotten in all this is that the 76ers have been very unfortunate with injuries this season. Really. Kendall Marshall, who is not some savior, is nevertheless a reliable NBA PG who can pass at a near elite level(they say), and who can shoot the 3 too. He hasn't played 1 game, so far, and he is due to return in 2 weeks or so. He could have fed Oak down in the block in many of the close game Phi has been playing lately against even some good teams.

Tony Wroten, who is the only player who can slash and drive to the hoop for this team, will be back Dec. 11ish. Nick Stauskas and Nerlens Noel have been in and out of the lineup.

So, still a poor team no doubt with all those players, but we may have actually pulled out 3-4 wins by now, if we had those players.

As for their future, the jury is out. SH may have erred on picking Okafor over Porzingis. Porz may have been the better fit for us. Maybe, but we won't know that for a couple of years. To those that say that, I ask you this question: What if Oak become a 25/10/ 3 assists/2 blocks guy for a decade? Will it still be a wrong decision then? Oak is clearly capable of those numbers. Will he achieve those? No one can say for sure.

Will rookies want to leave Philly? If this sh1tshow continues, yes, but I don't think it will. Next year is crucial. We have our pick, maybe the Lakers pick and 2 more later round picks. We have another lottery ball with Sacramento, most likely, which will increase our odds due to the swap.

I'm an optimist, but next season will tell the tale. All those picks and chances, plus Dario Saric, and maybe Joel Embiid. No one can sit here and say we don't have high upside for the future, if even just some things break our way. I still prefer to be in this situation right now than some team that's maxed out with limited options and will lose in the 1st round.

outbreak
11-30-2015, 02:40 AM
It's positively frustrating to be sure. Especially, when social media, from hoop watchers and just casual sports fans, are all over this losing streak story.

I would just as soon be glad when this losing streak ends. What is being forgotten in all this is that the 76ers have been very unfortunate with injuries this season. Really. Kendall Marshall, who is not some savior, is nevertheless a reliable NBA PG who can pass at a near elite level(they say), and who can shoot the 3 too. He hasn't played 1 game, so far, and he is due to return in 2 weeks or so. He could have fed Oak down in the block in many of the close game Phi has been playing lately against even some good teams.

Tony Wroten, who is the only player who can slash and drive to the hoop for this team, will be back Dec. 11ish. Nick Stauskas and Nerlens Noel have been in and out of the lineup.

So, still a poor team no doubt with all those players, but we may have actually pulled out 3-4 wins by now, if we had those players.

As for their future, the jury is out. SH may have erred on picking Okafor over Porzingis. Porz may have been the better fit for us. Maybe, but we won't know that for a couple of years. To those that say that, I ask you this question: What if Oak become a 25/10/ 3 assists/2 blocks guy for a decade? Will it still be a wrong decision then? Oak is clearly capable of those numbers. Will he achieve those? No one can say for sure.

Will rookies want to leave Philly? If this sh1tshow continues, yes, but I don't think it will. Next year is crucial. We have our pick, maybe the Lakers pick and 2 more later round picks. We have another lottery ball with Sacramento, most likely, which will increase our odds due to the swap.

I'm an optimist, but next season will tell the tale. All those picks and chances, plus Dario Saric, and maybe Joel Embiid. No one can sit here and say we don't have high upside for the future, if even just some things break our way. I still prefer to be in this situation right now than some team that's maxed out with limited options and will lose in the 1st round.
I agree on the upside my worry is just that their draft picks may bolt due to their first few years.

Kovach
11-30-2015, 02:47 AM
I like him. Betting that he'd have shit games night after night made me a nice sum of money. :lol

Bosnian Sajo
11-30-2015, 03:02 AM

Uhm...? How do you figure? Nets have double the wins the Lakers have.

SwishSquared
11-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Uhm...? How do you figure? Nets have double the wins the Lakers have.Unprotected vs. top-3 protected. Nets pick is definitely conveying and there's doubt that the Lakers pick convey this year.

As an aside, "double the wins" is a little misleading b/c we're talking 4 and 2 wins. You're 100% factually correct but it's just 2 more wins.

OnFire
11-30-2015, 10:50 AM
Nah, actually I don't care about the wins. What I do care about is rubbing it in Bucks fan's faces who claimed he was so much better than Knight and how stupid Hinkie was for letting him go. The Sixers suck no doubt but last year after the trade people were wildn out here talking about how Kidd is gonna mold MCW into a stud PG and how his shot "wasn't broken" and he would improve as a shooter no problem. What is Sixer fans knew is that Philly had rebuilt his shot from the ground up but he still wasn't shooting better and that was a concern.

The Bucks shit on the 76ers as an organization so you look like a moron trying to "rub it in their face". Sixers are trash, wake us up when they are in Seattle.They are a joke, you should hide from the internet.

GOBB
11-30-2015, 11:07 AM
The Bucks shit on the 76ers as an organization so you look like a moron trying to "rub it in their face". Sixers are trash, wake us up when they are in Seattle.They are a joke, you should hide from the internet.

Get out of your feelings and realize what he typed. You're so emotional you cant comprehend what is being said. He clearly states he us rubbing it in the Bucks faces. Implying it being MCW where some Bucks fans were all gaga gogoo over the guy back when you traded for him. He broke down MCW as a player and not one listened. Fast forward to today everything he said has held true whereas the crap talked in support of MCW has not. Why you don't get that? Beats me.

chocolatethunder
11-30-2015, 11:47 AM

Literally the only reason Sixer fans constantly clown MCW is because it makes them feel better about the shitshow they have to watch 82 times a season.
I hated him when he was on the Sixers and that's well documented. You didn't even like him when he was on the Sixers and then started riding his nuts when he came to the Bucks. I'm not salty about the Sixers at all. I couldn't care less if they win zero games or thirty this season. Either way, they would never have a shot at winning anything. No salt here pal, just facts.

chocolatethunder
11-30-2015, 12:14 PM
I get this is touchy but this is blind hate, too.

/end rant

This thread is a hate-thread but I remember OP stating this all year last season, well in advance of the trade, to their credit.

Thanks for remembering that.