PDA

View Full Version : Seth Curry

StrongLurk
11-30-2015, 02:35 PM
I cannot believe this guy went undrafted a couple years ago. I was shocked when it happened.

He is only getting 6 mpg, but is averaging 4 points on 67 percent shooting and 78 percent from 3. 26.53 PER.

The dude obviously has game. Yeah he is shorter and even less athletic than Steph Curry, but the dude can shoot lights out regardless.

Obviously small sample, but everything he does will scale up with more minutes since he has the same style as Steph does.

Kings are garbage and probably won't play him, but I really don't know why the Warriors never picked Seth Curry up.

Town's Town
11-30-2015, 02:41 PM
He shouldn't get minutes just because he is Steph's bro. Being Steph's brother has already helped him out more than other players get a boost. If he can't capitalize on that, it is because he isn't that good.

Proctor
11-30-2015, 02:41 PM
Sixers should have picked him up. Nothing to lose by experimenting with him.

WorldWarriors
11-30-2015, 03:07 PM
I cannot believe this guy went undrafted a couple years ago. I was shocked when it happened.

He is only getting 6 mpg, but is averaging 4 points on 67 percent shooting and 78 percent from 3. 26.53 PER.

The dude obviously has game. Yeah he is shorter and even less athletic than Steph Curry, but the dude can shoot lights out regardless.

Obviously small sample, but everything he does will scale up with more minutes since he has the same style as Steph does.

Kings are garbage and probably won't play him, but I really don't know why the Warriors never picked Seth Curry up.

He was 3 for 3 on 3s in garbage time vs. the Warriors the other night.

Steph said he wanted to clap for him.

I think he needs to catch up to the speed of the game. But he can shoot it.

The Pelicans should have signed him on. Though. He played in their summer league. Thought he would be a good fit there.

StrongLurk
11-30-2015, 03:33 PM
He shouldn't get minutes just because he is Steph's bro. Being Steph's brother has already helped him out more than other players get a boost. If he can't capitalize on that, it is because he isn't that good.

He should get minutes because he is a good young player on a crap team.

I saw him play at Duke and he was great, and dominated the D-League his whole time there.

Now in the NBA, he has been great every minute he has been on the floor.

He deserves a shot at 10-15 minutes of playing time.

inclinerator
11-30-2015, 03:35 PM
he cant be worse than stauskas

GIF REACTION
11-30-2015, 03:37 PM
It's hard for him to get into the rotation with Collison and Rondo infront of him

But the way Collision has been playing.. I wouldn't mind giving Seth some minutes over him. Karl likes to run a 2 PG lineup... Collison can shoot but he likes to control the ball which renders Rondo useless. I think Curry would be a better fit for that lineup.

StrongLurk
11-30-2015, 03:37 PM
he cant be worse than stauskas

Exactly, Seth would be the second or third best player on the Sixers immediately.

StrongLurk
11-30-2015, 03:38 PM
It's hard for him to get into the rotation with Collison and Rondo infront of him

But the way Collision has been playing.. I wouldn't mind giving Seth some minutes over him. Karl likes to run a 2 PG lineup... Collison can shoot but he likes to control the ball which renders Rondo useless. I think Curry would be a better fit for that lineup.

That's a good point, Rondo is back to old form and Collison is a really solid backup. I just think Seth has great sixth man potential.

StrongLurk
11-30-2015, 03:39 PM
He was 3 for 3 on 3s in garbage time vs. the Warriors the other night.

Steph said he wanted to clap for him.

I think he needs to catch up to the speed of the game. But he can shoot it.

The Pelicans should have signed him on. Though. He played in their summer league. Thought he would be a good fit there.

I saw that and he looked EXACTLY like Steph. That pull up three from way behind the three point line was sick.

FreezingTsmoove
11-30-2015, 03:43 PM
He reminds me of a less talented CJ Mccollum

Problem with Seth is he shoots too much. Needs to initiate offense more

FKAri
11-30-2015, 03:44 PM
Exactly, Seth would be the second or third best player on the Sixers immediately.

So would anybody else :lol

StrongLurk
12-01-2015, 12:08 AM
It's halftime and Seth in 11 minutes has 8 points on 2-2 from three and 2-2 from the free throw line, 1 rebound, 1 assist, no turnovers.

Has made his last 5 threes and is 9/11 on threes this year.

Telling you guys that he is getting slept on big time!

outbreak
12-01-2015, 12:11 AM
Seth has been on Orlando's summer league team the last few years. I kind of wanted us to sign him because we needed some shooters but yeah he isn't anything like his brother. The problem is he is a decent shooter but not a great point guard and for a bench role a better bet is to sign a vet who will be happy with their minutes and more proven and reliable to make good decisions down the stretch in regards to handling the ball.

SwishSquared
12-01-2015, 12:17 AM
he cant be worse than stauskasAt least it seems Seth can knock down wide open 3s. I'm having a hard time believing how bad Stauskas has been on open shots.

Good for Seth, though. He's a chucker, but at least he has that stroke from deep. You'd think a team would have given him some PT based on just that. I mean Canaan gets mins on Philly because he can only shoot 3s. I know they ran out of roster spots, but I'm surprised a team like Houston never kicked the tires on him.

GIF REACTION
12-01-2015, 12:19 AM
He's going to get more minutes

Just have to watch it

More than the stats

He is the only one really playing with his heart out there

I want him in over Collison aka sleep walkin

StrongLurk
12-01-2015, 12:26 AM
At least it seems Seth can knock down wide open 3s. I'm having a hard time believing how bad Stauskas has been on open shots.

Good for Seth, though. He's a chucker, but at least he has that stroke from deep. You'd think a team would have given him some PT based on just that. I mean Canaan gets mins on Philly because he can only shoot 3s. I know they ran out of roster spots, but I'm surprised a team like Houston never kicked the tires on him.

Completely agree