PDA

View Full Version : This is probably Duncan's last season too...

Town's Town
11-30-2015, 04:20 PM
And despite a better career and aging more gracefully, he gets no attention because he didn't do flashy dunks, focus on scoring before team ball, and didn't play in L.A. ISH users and the media that claim to be NBA fans should feel ashamed of themselves.

Mr. Jabbar
11-30-2015, 04:21 PM
Hey you stupid alt he doesnt get criticized for 0 rebounds either so how about you shut your stupid mouth for a sec.

Town's Town
11-30-2015, 04:21 PM
Hey stupid alt how about you shut your stupid mouth for a sec.

How about Kobe stops shooting a ridiculous amount of shots if he knows his body isn't good enough to do it?

Ai2death
11-30-2015, 04:24 PM
End of an era man, its most likely Popovic's last season then too. It's pretty much confirmed that he retire when Duncan does.

Town's Town
11-30-2015, 04:28 PM
End of an era man, its most likely Popovic's last season then too. It's pretty much confirmed that he retire when Duncan does.

Kawhi's development and the addition of Aldridge could change that. Though, I'd rather see Pop leave with Duncan. Their story is like a real life romance.

Smoke117
11-30-2015, 04:31 PM
He's also still one of the best defensive players in the league. I also don't think he will retire. He'll continue playing as long as he feels he can be effective. (unless his body gives out of course)

FKAri
11-30-2015, 04:32 PM
No one likes big men.

People can't relate to guys who look like they can barely put one foot in front of another without falling over but have superhuman size and strength. It's more of a spectacle than an emotional relatability. Even someone as gregarious and outspoken as Shaq didn't get nearly as much attention as Lebron does now.

Town's Town
11-30-2015, 04:33 PM
He's also still one of the best defensive players in the league. I also don't think he will retire. He'll continue playing as long as he feels he can be effective. (unless his body gives out of course)

Part of me thinks he is playing this last season just to help LMA's transition as a favor to the Spurs organization. Though only reason to really play again next year is if the Spurs win it all and he wants a repeat.

riseagainst
11-30-2015, 04:38 PM
OP is obviously an alt. Just man up and use your main accounts bruh.

bdreason
11-30-2015, 04:39 PM
Barring a major injury, I think Duncan plays at least one more season. He loves to play, doesn't care about getting paid big money, and is still effective.

Town's Town
11-30-2015, 04:40 PM
OP is obviously an alt. Just man up and use your main accounts bruh.
What are you talking about? I'm bringing up a good point about the hypocrisy of this forum. Either talk about it or leave.

brain drain
11-30-2015, 04:43 PM
And despite a better career and aging more gracefully, he gets no attention because he didn't do flashy dunks, focus on scoring before team ball, and didn't play in L.A. ISH users and the media that claim to be NBA fans should feel ashamed of themselves.

Nah, we're just waiting for him to finish and publish his "Dear Basketball" poem, then we'll celebrate him by repeatedly imitating *all* of his facial expressions:
http://whatdoumeme.com/media/created/i2wjon.jpg

Kawhi
11-30-2015, 04:44 PM
He doesn't make a big deal out of it either. Timmy just plays, doesn't care what anyone thinks about him, has done so for many, many years. :cheers:

FireDavidKahn
11-30-2015, 04:50 PM
Duncan isn't a media whore.

Smoke117
11-30-2015, 04:59 PM
Part of me thinks he is playing this last season just to help LMA's transition as a favor to the Spurs organization. Though only reason to really play again next year is if the Spurs win it all and he wants a repeat.

I see no reason why he would retire...he loves playing basketball and he's good at it. Why stop doing something you love if you don't have to?

Fallen Angel
11-30-2015, 05:02 PM
Why would Duncan retire if he can still play and has the chance to win more championships with Pop?

Just because a player is in his mid-late 30s doesn't mean he's retiring as soon as possible.

Town's Town
11-30-2015, 05:08 PM
Hey you stupid alt he doesnt get criticized for 0 rebounds either so how about you shut your stupid mouth for a sec.
There was a thread about it criticizing him. :confusedshrug:

And one game at 39(?) is very different from repeated crud games at 37 that Kobe has had.

rmt
11-30-2015, 05:48 PM
I see no reason why he would retire...he loves playing basketball and he's good at it. Why stop doing something you love if you don't have to?

Yep. I think that's why Manu went another year too - wasn't sure about retiring and there's no going back after you retire. Besides, I'm glad he came back to break all the TRIO records.

Duncan will play while he's still effective. Pop has promised LMA 4 years so he'll be there after TD retires. I see Duncan doing another year after this one - I'll be glad to see another year of him and he won't be going into the HOF with Kobe (that'll be a media circus).

LoneyROY7
11-30-2015, 05:52 PM
Duncan could play till he's 43. Guy keeps himself in amazing shape and condition.