PDA

View Full Version : The reason mass murdering "shooters" aren't labeled terrorists:

CavaliersFTW
11-30-2015, 06:25 PM
Is because they aren't affiliated or killing in the name of organizations that actively seek to recruit and expand and self sustain.

They are lone wolfs. Individuals. That paints them more as mass murderers, not terrorists.

Pretty straightforward.

If the guy who shot up people in Colorado springs made some sort of club that hated abortion people, and recruited and trained and organized for terror events involving more than just himself - yeah, he'd be a "terrorist" a-la al quaeda or isis.

Stop being retards and acting like it is injust to call people associated with terror groups as terrorists but not individuals like him, a few key characteristics means it isn't exactly the same thing. Killing a non-white person as a hate crime while being organized by the KKK as a means to strike fear into non-whites? Terrorist.

Being a hermit who doesn't have a handle on the world around him and just kills in a fit of rage or hatred towards something or someone? I mean, that's not quite the same level of sophistication as a terrorist movement. That's just a lone mass murder attempt whether it be agenda driven or not.

GIF REACTION
11-30-2015, 06:26 PM
Don roasted

CavaliersFTW
11-30-2015, 06:30 PM
And let me clarify, I see why someone would want to call him a terrorist in the simple sense that his objective is to control someone's opinions through fear/terror.

However, you should also be able to see the flip side, that because they are just acting alone and have no interest or actions that served to recruit, create and sustain some sort of bigger movement that others are not going to share your label of that person as a "terrorist" in the same way they would someone who kills in the name of isil or isis or w/e it is.

DonDadda59
11-30-2015, 06:40 PM
If the guy who shot up people in Colorado springs made some sort of club that hated abortion people, and recruited and trained and organized for terror events involving more than just himself - yeah, he'd be a "terrorist" a-la al quaeda or isis.

Check out my latest post in that Al Craqa thread. Army of God = ISIS of Abortion in the U.S.

There are plenty of armed militias who are training for holy or race wars. The FBI shut down one plot of White supremacists who were planning on blowing up synagogues and Black churches and also setting up terrorist training camps in Virginia (again, this was all covered in my thread).

Don't be fooled into thinking these are all just isolated 'lone wolf' attacks. And even if they were, that doesn't change the fact that they are terrorist acts. A man shooting up an abortion clinic because he religiously opposes them is terrorist act, regardless of whether or not he has friends backing him up.

Don roasted

Don invincible. Gonna use the rent money to buy one of those DJI Phantoms and monitor Army of God and other domestic terror groups.

shlver
11-30-2015, 06:42 PM
And let me clarify, I see why someone would want to call him a terrorist in the simple sense that his objective is to control someone's opinions through fear/terror.

However, you should also be able to see the flip side, that because they are just acting alone and have no interest or actions that served to recruit, create and sustain some sort of bigger movement that others are not going to share your label of that person as a "terrorist" in the same way they would someone who kills in the name of isil or isis or w/e it is.
So... he's a terrorist...:hammerhead:

GIF REACTION
11-30-2015, 06:43 PM
Make sure to monitor the Crips and Bloods, and any other criminal gang affiliation.

CavaliersFTW
11-30-2015, 06:46 PM
Check out my latest post in that Al Craqa thread. Army of God = ISIS of Abortion in the U.S.

There are plenty of armed militias who are training for holy or race wars. The FBI shut down one plot of White supremacists who were planning on blowing up synagogues and Black churches and also setting up terrorist training camps in Virginia (again, this was all covered in my thread).

Don't be fooled into thinking these are all just isolated 'lone wolf' attacks. And even if they were, that doesn't change the fact that they are terrorist acts. A man shooting up an abortion clinic because he religiously opposes them is terrorist act, regardless of whether or not he has friends backing him up.

Don invincible. Gonna use the rent money to buy one of those DJI Phantoms and monitor Army of God and other domestic terror groups.
I'm referring to ones that are clearly such.

For example, what was that narcissist kid again, Elliot Rodgers? That's a very disconnected person ordered to kill by no one else in the name of no one else, and who didn't create some sort of larger scale organization that would self sustain or repeat his own actions and interests.

People like him are screwed up individuals committing mass murder. Terrorist in the sense that they are trying to terrify others for disagreeing with them or not satisfying them somehow, sure, but terrorist in the sense of organization with objectives, members, and instruction? No. Just a jilted lone mass murderer disconnected from society.

CavaliersFTW
11-30-2015, 06:48 PM
So... he's a terrorist...:hammerhead:
By that very broad definition yes.

All I'm saying is don't get mad when not everyone paints with such a broad stroke. That's the point of this thread. Because those scenarios I'm speaking of are distinctly different than what many others define as terrorism when looking for more specific patterns of behavior and motivations.

DonDadda59
11-30-2015, 06:49 PM
I'm only referring to ones that are clearly such.

For example, what was that narcissist kid again, Elliot Rodgers? That's a very disconnected person ordered to kill by no one else in the name of no one else, and who didn't create some sort of larger scale organization that would self sustain or repeat his own actions and interests.

People like him are screwed up individuals committing mass murder. Terrorist in the sense that they are trying to terrify others for disagreeing with them or not satisfying them somehow, sure, but terrorist in the sense of organization with objectives, members, and instruction? No. Just a jilted lone mass murderer disconnected from society.

You're stuck on the idea of having to create some sort of organization to be considered a terrorist and that's simply not true.

Timothy McVeigh acted alone and didn't really belong to any larger organization, same with the Unabomber... Are these 'lone wolf' types not terrorists? :confusedshrug:

dunksby
11-30-2015, 06:51 PM
They are terrorists, why you trying to wash their guilt? Their objective is to spread terror simple as that.

CavaliersFTW
11-30-2015, 06:51 PM
You're stuck on the idea of having to create some sort of organization to be considered a terrorist and that's simply not true.

Timothy McVeigh acted alone and didn't really belong to any larger organization, same with the Unabomber... Are these 'lone wolf' types not terrorists? :confusedshrug:
By some peoples definition, yes.

DonDadda59
11-30-2015, 06:53 PM
By some peoples definition, yes.

By what definition is the Unabomber NOT a terrorist? :biggums:

Real Men Wear Green
11-30-2015, 06:54 PM
I don't get why it would be important to someone that a guy that shoots up a clinic is not labeled a "terrorist."

CavaliersFTW
11-30-2015, 06:56 PM
It's like this:

Is a square a quadrilateral? Yes.

Is a lone killer terrorizing? Yes.

But is a quadrilateral a square? Not always.

Is a terrorist always a mass shooter? No.

So if the news chooses to be more specific and call some individual who's primary motivation was only themselves a "mass shooter" instead of a terrorist why are you guys getting so upset? It's just being more specific.

CavaliersFTW
11-30-2015, 06:57 PM
I don't get why it would be important to someone that a guy that shoots up a clinic is not labeled a "terrorist."
I'm just trying to address people getting upset that mass shooters aren't called terrorists. Like they feel there is some sort of injustice in omitting that label.

I care no more or less about this topic than any typical ISH discussion. Just throwing in my 2 cents

DonDadda59
11-30-2015, 07:02 PM

Because it undermines the whole fear the scary brown terrorist meme certain groups use to try to push their agendas (ie, stopping immigration/helping refugees). You look like an absolute fool if you run around like Chris Christie yelling about how we can't take 5 year old refugees for fear they may be terrorists in hiding... only for some White guy from North Carolina to carry out a terrorist attack.

Not saying that Cavs is attempting to do anything of the sort. He's not the type.

mehyaM24
11-30-2015, 07:11 PM
by literal definition you are incorrect BUT today's definition has swayed toward political groups spreading violence and death....or "terror".

lone wolf, mass murderers aren't typically labeled terrorists by the media.

CavaliersFTW
11-30-2015, 07:14 PM
Because it undermines the whole fear the scary brown terrorist meme certain groups use to try to push their agendas (ie, stopping immigration/helping refugees). You look like an absolute fool if you run around like Chris Christie yelling about how we can't take 5 year old refugees for fear they may be terrorists in hiding... only for some White guy from North Carolina to carry out a terrorist attack.

Not saying that Cavs is attempting to do anything of the sort. He's not the type.
To be honest I didn't even know you were behind some sort of terror labeling thing on ISH, I haven't actually read the other threads if there are others where you may have been pushing for it I was just addressing some image I saw posted in the Colorado springs thread where it looked liked the meme maker felt there was an injustice to omitting the word terrorist when applied to that incident.

So I'm not really sincere or aiming with use of distasteful words like "retard" in the OP lol.

Like I said, I'm aware with a broad brush you can label those people as terrorists. But I just personally think there's nothing wrong with using more specific words, like lone gunman or shooter. I think those terms are just more descriptive versions that illustrate a scenario even better.

IE:

terrorist > crazy hermit > murderer/shooter > his name
or
terrorist > isis > their names
=
polygon > quadrilateral > rectangle > square

The further you go down the line the more descriptive it becomes. "Terror" can go without saying.

CavaliersFTW
11-30-2015, 07:15 PM
No, it's like this:

Is a person terrorizing people? Yes. Then he's a f*cking terrorist.

Just because the word terrorist has been used as a way to avoid saying 'middle eastern', doesn't make white terrorists not terrorists.
It didn't say it made someone "not" a terrorist.

I explained why they aren't labeled as one. And why people shouldn't be upset when the word gets omitted.

GIF REACTION
11-30-2015, 07:16 PM
by literal definition you are incorrect BUT today's definition has swayed toward political groups spreading violence and death....or "terror".

Pretty much

Cavs is just telling you guys why the media associates some and not all

But it's funny how textbook definitions matter now... They didn't seem to matter with affirmative action..

mehyaM24
11-30-2015, 07:18 PM
^^^ exactly

richard ramirez aka "the knight stalker" was the absolute definition of terror.

nobody called him a terrorist though. he's labeled as a murdering psychopath.

Real Men Wear Green
11-30-2015, 07:23 PM
I'm just trying to address people getting upset that mass shooters aren't called terrorists. Like they feel there is some sort of injustice in omitting that label.There are definitely people that only use the term "terrorist" when describing a Muslim.

The Tsarnaev brothers were labeled terrorists. They were not, as far as anyone knows, part of ISIS or some other terror group.

CavaliersFTW
11-30-2015, 07:24 PM
A bully who threatens people to control them with fear through physical violence is a terrorist when using a broad enough brush.

Is it an injustice in any way to not label these kinds of people as terrorists too?

That's kind of my point. Why is it bad that the media doesn't call the guy who shot up an abortion clinic a terrorist? They were labeling him more specifically than that weren't they? Doesn't terror go without saying when words like gunman and kill are in the headlines?

CavaliersFTW
11-30-2015, 07:29 PM
There are definitely people that only use the term "terrorist" when describing a Muslim.
The Tsarnaev brothers were labeled terrorists. They were not, as far as anyone knows, part of ISIS or some other terror group.
Weren't they working together to kill for their extremist Islamic beliefs?

It would be more accurate for the media to have called them Islamic extremist brothers in that situation.

That's the problem though - not being specific enough. The problem isn't "not" calling other scenarios terrorism. Rather, the problem is that specific case and possibly others were not being detailed properly enough.

longtime lurker
11-30-2015, 07:29 PM
Is OP serious? So Timothy Mcveigh and Dylan Roof aren't terrorists? Why the **** does it bother you and who isn't called a terrorist?

GIF REACTION
11-30-2015, 07:30 PM
Is OP serious? So Timothy Mcveigh and Dylan Roof aren't terrorists? Why the **** does it bother you and who isn't called a terrorist?
Are the Crips and Bloods terrorist organizations?

mehyaM24
11-30-2015, 07:32 PM
Are the Crips and Bloods terrorist organizations?

rip longtimelurker 11/30/15

DeuceWallaces
Yeah, the dictionary definition. :hammerhead:

Exactly, :lol :lol

Why are you going out of your way to create a new definition of terror or terrorism? Dude was inflicting terror over his religious/political beliefs.

He was a terrorist. Move on.

CavaliersFTW
You must not have read through the thread yet, I'll give you a chance to do that and come back with better input

CavaliersFTW
11-30-2015, 07:33 PM
Exactly, :lol :lol

Why are you going out of your way to create a new definition of terror or terrorism? Dude was inflicting terror over his religious/political beliefs.

He was a terrorist. Move on.
Man the point I made must be flying over peoples heads.

Bless Mathews
11-30-2015, 07:33 PM
Make sure to monitor the Crips and Bloods, and any other criminal gang affiliation.

What's up cuz?

GIF REACTION
11-30-2015, 07:35 PM
Don't be silly don

You aren't in a gang

You just sell pot

I know 18 year olds that deal and have hydro setups

GIF REACTION
11-30-2015, 07:35 PM
Shit's ****ing legal in your state too. Lmao

You're more like an unregistered cheap manufacturer

Real Men Wear Green
11-30-2015, 07:37 PM
A bully who threatens people to control them with fear through physical violence is a terrorist when using a broad enough brush.

Is it an injustice in any way to not label these kinds of people as terrorists too?We aren't talking about kids taking lunch money, we're talking about murderers. The guy shooting up the clinic or movie theater is wreaking havoc on par with radical Islam sympathizers that have been hit with the label.

That's kind of my point. Why is it bad that the media doesn't call the guy who shot up an abortion clinic a terrorist? They were labeling him more specifically than that weren't they? Doesn't terror go without saying when words like gunman and kill are in the headlines?Because the term terrorist is now being used by many as a special designation only for Muslim killers and thus as an excuse to discriminate as if there are not insane killers of other religions and races (before anyone reacts, I know "Muslim" is not a race but their skin color is often referred to). This is not about being fair to the individual terrorist. This is about the larger issue of bigotry and discrimination against Muslims/Semites.

outbreak
11-30-2015, 07:40 PM
"terrorism

noun

the unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims."

He's a terrorist move on. I see your point in that the definition has changed in some people minds but there's been articles and statistics showing there's been just as many non muslim terrorist attacks in the last decade but most of them don't get reported and most of them happen in non western countries. Terrorism isn't new and goes back through out history and was committed by a bunch of different religions and groups.

longtime lurker
11-30-2015, 07:51 PM
You must not have read through the thread yet, I'll give you a chance to do that and come back with better input

Is Dylan Roof a terrorist? Answer the question

outbreak
11-30-2015, 07:56 PM

Is Wade Michael Page a terrorist? He was a white supremacist who shot up a Sikh temple and killed 6 people.

http://time.com/3934980/right-wing-extremists-white-terrorism-islamist-jihadi-dangerous/

DeuceWallaces
11-30-2015, 08:45 PM
Man the point I made must be flying over peoples heads.

Because you didn't make a point. You attempted to redefine a word.

LJJ
11-30-2015, 09:08 PM
there's been articles and statistics showing there's been just as many non muslim terrorist attacks in the last decade but most of them don't get reported and most of them happen in non western countries.

http://i.imgur.com/OBzIN4A.gif

I mean, we call all pull retarded completely false statistics out of our asses, but damn. That is something.

iamgine
11-30-2015, 09:18 PM
Technically there are a lot of people who can be called terrorist. We all have terrorize someone before in our life so in that sense we were all once a terrorist.

warriorfan
11-30-2015, 09:25 PM
if you have read any of op's theories on wilt you would know that he is 100 percent batshit insane

DonDadda59
11-30-2015, 09:30 PM
Is Wade Michael Page a terrorist? He was a white supremacist who shot up a Sikh temple and killed 6 people.

http://time.com/3934980/right-wing-extremists-white-terrorism-islamist-jihadi-dangerous/

Only one way to find out for sure.

http://s30.postimg.org/ji6mlwuxt/Family_Guy_racist.jpg

Don't be silly don

You aren't in a gang

You just sell pot

I know 18 year olds that deal and have hydro setups

:biggums:

This man's got Dadda on the brain 24/7.

NumberSix
12-01-2015, 01:47 AM

The death and violence isn't the terror. The terror is directed toward the general population, not the actual victims of the violence.

For example, when you kill people for drawing cartoons, the point is to terrorize everybody else into not drawing cartoons. As you can see, no western media will show muhammed cartoons. The terrorists won.

The point of terrorism is to control what other people do. If you for some reason don't want people to drive red cars, what you would do is start killing people who drive red cars. The goal is to terrorize people into not driving red cars.

School shootings are not terrorism. There's no goal. They're not trying to terrorize people into doing anything. They're just sick-fcuks going on a killing spree.

The mentally ill gay black guy that killed people on the news wasn't a terrorist. He was just a sicko with a persecution complex. A mentally ill weirdo shooting up a movie theatre for no apparent reason is not a terrorist.

CavaliersFTW
12-03-2015, 02:50 AM
Police/Media hesitating to call Syed Raheel Farook a "terrorist".

Why is that you think?

Could it be because they tend to call people who are known to be doing things via organized terrorist organizations terrorists? And are hesitant to call people who aren't involved in organized terrorism organizations as terrorists?

He's a brown skinned muslim who according to his father was deeply religious. Yet all the major media outlets and police/investigators are still not ready to jump on board with any terrorist labels until more information is known.

I thought you guys cried about injust prejudice with this. Where's all the hasty discrimination by the media you guys claimed would/should happen? Are all you people who felt the abortion clinic shooter was a terrorist just as ready to label Farook a terrorist?

CavaliersFTW
12-03-2015, 02:56 AM
*crickets*

Figures. Social justice warriors just go quiet when their claims of injustice and victimization aren't being met.

DonDadda59
12-03-2015, 03:01 AM
Police/Media hesitating to call Syed Raheel Farook a "terrorist".

Why is that you think?

Could it be because they tend to call people who are known to be doing things via organized terrorist organizations terrorists? And are hesitant to call people who aren't involved in organized terrorism organizations as terrorists?

He's a brown skinned muslim who according to his father was deeply religious. Yet all the major media outlets and police/investigators are still not ready to jump on board with any terrorist labels until more information is known.

I thought you guys cried about injust prejudice with this. Where's all the hasty discrimination by the media you guys claimed would/should happen? Are all you people who felt the abortion clinic shooter was a terrorist just as ready to label Farook a terrorist?

You obviously haven't seen any of the Fox News coverage. :roll:

All the information released thus far makes this look like an incident between co-workers. Farook was an employee for the county going on 5 years. The shooting occurred at a party for County workers. Syed was there earlier with his co-workers, left after some sort of altercation, then came back armed along with his wife or fiance. Everyone he shot at, he knew... some for years. It was a personal thing.

If there's ties of any sort to radical Islam or any reason for the shooting beyond a co-worker dispute, I'm sure we'll hear about it in the next few days.

CavaliersFTW
12-03-2015, 03:04 AM
You obviously haven't seen any of the Fox News coverage. :roll:

All the information released thus far makes this look like an incident between co-workers. Farook was an employee for the county going on 5 years. The shooting occurred at a party for County workers. Syed was there earlier with his co-workers, left after some sort of altercation, then came back armed along with his wife or fiance. Everyone he shot at, he knew... some for years. It was a personal thing.

If there's ties of any sort to radical Islam or any reason for the shooting beyond a co-worker dispute, I'm sure we'll hear about it in the next few days.
The fact that no hasty discrimination by investigators or the media has been made so far, despite his name, race, and religion being publicly known at this point completely shits on social justice warrior agenda.

I mean it takes a massive ****ing shit on it.

There are people in this very thread who kept pouting off that only a white man would get the kind of hesitation and/or careful/patient scrutiny towards labeling as "terrorist" that this guy is getting.

oh the horror
12-03-2015, 03:07 AM
The fact that no hasty discrimination by investigators or the media has been made so far, despite his name, race, and religion being publicly known at this point completely shits on social justice warrior agenda.

There are people in this very thread who kept pouting off that only a white man would get the kind of hesitation and/or careful/patient scrutiny towards labeling as "terrorist" that this guy is getting.

Maybe not yet but have you been on twitter or FB? The damage is already done. People are downright in a frenzy and convinced that this is "terrorism".

One dude on Twitter laughing about it being Muslims that did this and calling for their extermination.

DonDadda59
12-03-2015, 03:07 AM

Megyn Kelly had Mark Furhman on and they went on for like 20 minutes about how this was clearly a terrorist attack and the 'mainstream media' is afraid to call it what it is. Just turned to Fox News now, some Bond villain lookalike is going on about how they were Al Qaeda style terrorists looking to plant remote controlled IEDs in parks.

Again, all indication is that it was a workplace dispute gone awry, 'going postal' for lack of a better term. If there is any indication that this was a terror attack, then it will surface soon. Thus far, nothing.

oh the horror
12-03-2015, 03:11 AM
Megyn Kelly had Mark Furhman on and they went on for like 20 minutes about how this was clearly a terrorist attack and the 'mainstream media' is afraid to call it what it is. Just turned to Fox News now, some Bond villain lookalike is going on about how they were Al Qaeda style terrorists looking to plant remote controlled IEDs in parks.

Again, all indication is that it was a workplace dispute gone awry, 'going postal' for lack of a better term. If there is any indication that this was a terror attack, then it will surface soon. Thus far, nothing.

The media in this country man....its fu*king shameless.

CavaliersFTW
12-03-2015, 03:11 AM
Maybe not yet but have you been on twitter or FB? The damage is already done. People are downright in a frenzy and convinced that this is "terrorism".

One dude on Twitter laughing about it being Muslims that did this and calling for their extermination.
People on the internet/Youtube/Twitter/etc? Have you read social media comments about ANYTHING?

They are not the same as media/police/powers that be

There are people who tweet that they wish Kim K chokes on a dick and dies.

It's not the masses on social media that matter, it's how are the authorities handling this, and how is the media. They are the powers that be spreading this information. You want them to do it without bias.

Social justice warriors cry that there IS bias, and it is injust bias at that. Where are they? Can't move the goalpost and say the problem is people on twitter now.

BoutPractice
12-03-2015, 03:12 AM
It's pretty straightforward: if he had a political motivation behind his actions, he was a terrorist. If not, he was not.

Whether he belonged to an organized crime group is another thing. Breivik definitely was a terrorist, although he didn't belong to any powerful criminal organization. Anarchist bombers of the early 20th century also were terrorists even when they acted mostly on their own.

DonDadda59
12-03-2015, 03:13 AM
People on the internet/Youtube/Twitter/etc? Have you read social media comments about ANYTHING?

They are not the same as media/police/powers that be

There are people who tweet that they wish Kim K chokes on a dick and dies. Feminists eat that crap up and call for social justice against women.

It's not the masses on social media that matter, it's how are the authorities handling this, and how is the media. They are the powers that be spreading this information. You want them to do it without bias.

Social justice warriors cry that there IS bias, and it is injust bias at that. Where are they? Can't move the goalpost and say the problem is people on twitter now.

Stop being stubborn, bruh.

Turn on Fox News, AKA the most watched cable news network in America, right now. There's what you're looking for.

CavaliersFTW
12-03-2015, 03:15 AM
Stop being stubborn, bruh.

Turn on Fox News, AKA the most watched cable news network in America, right now. There's what you're looking for.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/03/2-suspects-killed-shootout-san-bernardino-massacre-14-killed/

Updated 2 minutes ago, all they are saying is "terrorism not ruled out"

Which is true, it isn't ruled out.

KNOW1EDGE
12-03-2015, 03:17 AM
Doesn't it seem blaringly obvious that this was a personal vendetta a crazy man and his wife carried out?

I personally haven't seen any news outlets, or seen anyone on ish claim terrorism. I don't think anybody is buying the terrorism card. And i agree, the whole social justice warriors agenda has been totally fuhcked.

DonDadda59
12-03-2015, 03:19 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/03/2-suspects-killed-shootout-san-bernardino-massacre-14-killed/

Updated 2 minutes ago, all they are saying is "terrorism not ruled out"

Which is true, it isn't ruled out.

You don't have cable, bruh? :biggums:

CavaliersFTW
12-03-2015, 03:20 AM
You don't have cable, bruh? :biggums:
I don't, I'm poor, sacrificed it to get internet tho :lol

DonDadda59
12-03-2015, 03:24 AM
I don't, I'm poor, sacrificed it to get internet tho :lol

There you go then. Your finger's not on the pulse. Believe me, they already jumped on the terrorist bandwagon over at the most watched cable news program in America. Funny thing is they didn't want to label Robert Lewis Dear a terrorist just the other day, but were quick to slap the label on a guy who shot his long time co-workers.

Go figure.

I'm going to sleep. :cheers:

oarabbus
12-03-2015, 03:56 AM
No, it's like this:

Is a person terrorizing people? Yes. Then he's a f*cking terrorist.

Just because the word terrorist has been used as a way to avoid saying 'middle eastern', doesn't make white terrorists not terrorists.

Are burglars and armed robbers terrorists then? How about kidnappers, they quite literally terrorize people. I understand the point you're trying to make but Cavs is sparking a good debate about the difference lone gunman are treated.

The Fort Hood shooter was treated as a lone gunman, even though some tried to paint him as a terrorist since he was Muslim. But at the end of the deay the narrative was just that he was a mass murderer.

There is a difference between mass murderers and terrorists some of the time.

CavaliersFTW
12-03-2015, 04:04 AM
https://i.4cdn.org/int/1449124032726.jpg

^ Case in point about social justice warriors getting heavily shit on by this incident.

Can't bite their tongue, they're looking for discrimination and victimization so much they in fact are the ones who ended up being hasty and judgmental, not the police nor the media thus far. Who STILL aren't calling this guy a terrorist.

All those people who 'predicted'/assumed this guy was a white "terrorist", I wonder if they're slamming him as a terrorist now. Even though the media/police still aren't.

This is what social justice warrior culture can do. Creates bogus witch hunts about victimization and injustice. No one should make hasty judgement. Not the media, not the police ...nor the people who accuse them for doing so.

BasedTom
12-03-2015, 04:08 AM
if you consider the way that the US government defines white people "A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa." then technically they're correct. the muslim terrorists blowing themselves up and making ISIS videos are quote unquote "white" even the ones darker than steph curry and half the black dudes in the nba

Nick Young
12-03-2015, 04:33 AM
What religion is Syed Farooq? What religion are the other shooters?:confusedshrug:

Real Men Wear Green
12-03-2015, 04:54 AM
*crickets*

Figures. Social justice warriors just go quiet when their claims of injustice and victimization aren't being met.
Are you serious?
1: You are posting at 1:50 AM EST. Most people are asleep, sorry we aren't staying up all night breathless with anticipation for your next post. If I didn't get up to go for some water you would have had to wait for this post until at earliest five AM, for which I suppose you'd e expecting an apology.

2: Links to articles that mention the possibility of terrorism, since you say you don't have cable:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/san-bernardino-shooting/authorities-respond-report-shooting-san-bernardino-california-n472976

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/12030160/California-shooting-Multiple-victims-reported-in-San-Bernardino-live.html

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2015/dec/02/san-bernardino-shooting-live-coverage

In all three links we see some variation of:
David Bowdich, the FBI's assistant director in Los Angeles, said the incident was being regarded as "possibly terrorism." Burguan reiterated Wednesday night that terrorism hadn't been ruled out. Meaning that these media outlets are waiting to see what the FBI has to say.

Please pardon the world for not immediately addressing your silly topic in the middle of the night.

longtime lurker
12-03-2015, 06:27 AM
https://i.4cdn.org/int/1449124032726.jpg

^ Case in point about social justice warriors getting heavily shit on by this incident.

Can't bite their tongue, they're looking for discrimination and victimization so much they in fact are the ones who ended up being hasty and judgmental, not the police nor the media thus far. Who STILL aren't calling this guy a terrorist.

All those people who 'predicted'/assumed this guy was a white "terrorist", I wonder if they're slamming him as a terrorist now. Even though the media/police still aren't.

This is what social justice warrior culture can do. Creates bogus witch hunts about victimization and injustice. No one should make hasty judgement. Not the media, not the police ...nor the people who accuse them for doing so.

Is Dylan Roof a terrorist? Is Timothy Mcveigh?

CavaliersFTW
12-03-2015, 06:40 AM
Because they're white
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4643550484001/

Shooters identified. Starting to look like just two suspects though a potential 3rd was detained that person may not be connected.

Significant others/boyfriend-gf/hustband-wife (as yet unknown exactly how they're tied)

Syed Farook (male) - U.S. citizen, born in the U.S., devout muslim,

Tashfeen Malik (female)

Both muslims of middle eastern ancestry. Still not being labeled terrorists by the authorities at this time and almost 24 hours have passed.

The two suspects mentioned are dead, their vehicle was also rigged with explosive devices that have been defused. They were each armed with both an automatic rifle and a pistol.

dunksby
12-03-2015, 01:14 PM
You know what I don't get about you CavsFTW? You seem like a person of well above average intelligence. Yet, for some reason you felt the need to create a thread that we shouldn't label a mass shooter as a terrorist, even in spite of the evidence right in front of your face. In your OP you wrote that this is a lone wolf, a hermit mass shooter. That isn't accurate at all and never was. From the first minute this story broke, eyewitness accounts were of three shooters working together. It was never suspected to be a "lone wolf."

So despite your well written arguments throughout this thread, it all falls apart because your original account of the facts as they happened was a false account. Everything that follows your original post is based on mis-information. So you can write about squares and quadrilaterals all day, you can find us all the hypotenuse of a right triangle. But if the premise of your whole thread is factually misleading, the rest of your thread falls flat on its face.

Based on your final post I'm confused what you even think about this situation. At least two muslims armed with AR 15's shot up a Christmas party in broad daylight. Is that an act of terrorism to you? Or do you need to wait until the government calls it one?
He posted it before the California shooting began, he is on your side of the argument actually, but you seem to be of the below average intelligence so you got confused :lol

MMKM
12-03-2015, 01:19 PM
He posted it before the California shooting began, he is on your side of the argument actually, but you seem to be of the below average intelligence so you got confused :lol

He did?....I hereby retract my statement then.

LikeABosh
12-03-2015, 01:25 PM
Because they're white
Would you shut the **** up already? Terrorism has a specific definition.

18 U.S.C.