PDA

View Full Version : My step-dad used to say "I hope this is the game where Kobe's legs get broken."

gigantes
11-30-2015, 10:08 PM
...and I would respond: "Geez dude... I've never been a -fanboy- of his or anything, but... that's (just a little bit) harsh!?!"

Anyway yes, Kobe is indeed from our hometown, and I DO respect his drive and single-mindedness, and OF COURSE we lean towards supporting the hometown boys. Of course.

But beyond that... well... you probably don't want to know peoples' opinions upon Kobe Bryant, nor how I would personally compare him to such greats as Jordan and Kareem, or udders.

The whole "Kobe" situation seems kind of weirdly laughable, if that's a good phrase.

Goofsta Knicca
11-30-2015, 10:10 PM
Fukc yo step dad in his azzzz.

IGOTGAME
11-30-2015, 10:11 PM
(guy with step dad)

Goofsta Knicca
11-30-2015, 10:13 PM
Sorry. Jus kidding dood!

STATUTORY
11-30-2015, 10:14 PM
the guy that f@cked ur mom is a bitter fool

AirTupac
11-30-2015, 10:16 PM

Im a huge Kobe fan tho

buddha
11-30-2015, 10:16 PM
your step dad is a piece of shit and his influence has probably rubbed off on you making you a piece of shit too. don't reproduce.

HOoopCityJones
11-30-2015, 10:17 PM
(guy with step dad)

:oldlol:

Eye Test
11-30-2015, 10:22 PM

Damn

gigantes
11-30-2015, 10:27 PM
your step dad is a piece of shit and his influence has probably rubbed off on you making you a piece of shit too. don't reproduce.
i disagree with him upon virtually everything, so by that logic the piece of shit here is YOU. :banana:

warriorfan
11-30-2015, 10:29 PM
it all makes sense now thanks op

Foster5k
11-30-2015, 10:34 PM
Didn't know Dwight Howard was OP's step dad.

4 Inches
11-30-2015, 10:34 PM
OP how do you get a selfie an as avatar ?

outbreak
11-30-2015, 10:49 PM
Maybe give us details as to why his home town supposedly hates him if that was your point?

Also looking good in that avatar man.

outbreak
11-30-2015, 10:50 PM
Didn't know Dwight Howard was OP's step dad.
The problem with this reasoning is that Dwight may be a kid's biological father but I can guarantee you he will NEVER be their Dad and he will NEVER spend quality time watching ball with them. The only time you'd see Daddy Dwight is in the court room when he's trying to say you aren't his.

HylianNightmare
11-30-2015, 10:57 PM
Must've lost him some money on a game once

outbreak
11-30-2015, 10:59 PM
Must've lost him some money on a game once
Plot twist - OP's step Dad's surname happens to be Faber

bobopenguin
11-30-2015, 11:00 PM

cold.

gigantes
12-02-2015, 07:24 PM
i think what pissed a lot of us off was the constant comparisons to jordan. i saw both play and there's some big differences between the two. not just in the stats (the stat studies are endless, seeming to favor jordan anyway), but in the evolution.

i mean yes, jordan stayed a shit stirring a-hole til his very last game, but midway through he DID get the IDEA that this game is a team game. so there's the big divide IMO.

of course kobe had a couple small breakthroughs in this understanding, but he never really got it. now jim buss is making him look like a stumbling clown these days by forcing scott to start him, yet kobe himself still can't get over the fact that he's 'integral' to a team's chances.

a better player (KG, nash, kidd, etc) would do more than just peptalk the young bros-- he would follow through by sacrificing PT for them, even if it included giving them an earful. (like jordan)

"ego" doesn't mean just your physical body and stats. that belief right there is touched by insecurity. in the big picture it also means your total contribution... your final gift.

warriorfan
12-02-2015, 07:28 PM
i think what pissed a lot of us off was the constant comparisons to jordan. i saw both play and there's some big differences between the two. not just in the stats (the stat studies are endless, seeming to favor jordan anyway), but in the evolution.

i mean yes, jordan stayed a shit stirring a-hole til his very last game, but midway through he DID get the IDEA that this game is a team game. so there's the big divide IMO.

of course kobe had a couple small breakthroughs in this understanding, but he never really got it. now jim buss is making him look like a stumbling clown these days by forcing scott to start him, yet kobe himself still can't get over the fact that he's 'integral' to a team's chances.

a better player (KG, nash, kidd, etc) would do more than just peptalk the young bros-- he would follow through by sacrificing PT for them, even if it included giving them an earful. (like jordan)

"ego" doesn't mean just your physical body and stats. that belief right there is touched by insecurity. in the big picture it also means your total contribution... your final gift.

this guy does not know ball

feyki
12-02-2015, 07:29 PM
(guy with step dad)

:oldlol: :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
12-02-2015, 07:52 PM
OP how do you get a selfie an as avatar ?

that wasnt one of your better jokes

gigantes
12-04-2015, 01:21 AM
this guy does not know ball
exactly.

haha, really... i've played ball for decades, yet kobe is still horrible??

maybe ONE day you will get the clue, so cute and so innocent...

Goofsta Knicca
12-04-2015, 01:30 AM
exactly.

haha, really... i've played ball for decades, yet kobe is still horrible??

maybe ONE day you will get the clue, so cute and so innocent...

U's a ****in weird ass dood. U sure u ain't da coach from Basketball Diaries?

Hittin_Shots
12-04-2015, 01:34 AM
U's a ****in weird ass dood. U sure u ain't da coach from Basketball Diaries?

calm down jaja

Jameerthefear
12-04-2015, 01:38 AM
Put Kobe in front of me and I'd break his ****ing legs myself :oldlol:

bobopenguin
12-04-2015, 01:42 AM

so u can lock him up in ur bedroom and suck him dry everynight?

AlphaWolf24
12-04-2015, 02:21 AM

The whole "MJ made his teammates better" or " team game " bullshit is due to Phil Jackson...seriously PJ gets so underrated with MJ and Kobes careers....

While both were in similar situations.....both had similar results under Phil.

While Both were without Phil ....both had similar results....MJ absolutely destroyed Kwame Brown physique ....as well as Stacey King and many others....

Same with Kobe

CarlosBoozer
12-04-2015, 05:43 AM
This thread.. :biggums:

Magic 32
12-04-2015, 05:51 AM

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Laughing-Crying-The-Office-12.gif

TheImmortal
12-04-2015, 06:03 AM
so u can lock him up in ur bedroom and suck him dry everynight?
:lol

Crown&Coke
12-04-2015, 10:53 AM
I was visiting family in the Bay when the Dubs were in LA playing the Lakers.

My cuz was like "I hope Kobe breaks his knee"

4th quarter, Kobe popped his Achilles. and they cheered. Dudes are heinous.