PDA

View Full Version : Michael Carter-kidd

GIF REACTION
11-30-2015, 11:10 PM
Williams

Statement Game

Milbuck
11-30-2015, 11:40 PM
10/6/9 with 3 blocks and 3 steals, 50% FG, just 2 TO, terrific defense and team-high +26. Was really like Jason Kidd-lite tonight.

The guy can play. Just not every night. He's a confidence player through and through and when his confidence is low he's the worst player in the NBA. High confidence and he's a pretty nice player.

HenryGarfunkle
11-30-2015, 11:41 PM
Did Parker earn his starting role back tonight milbuck?

Milbuck
11-30-2015, 11:45 PM
Did Parker earn his starting role back tonight milbuck?
Not sure, MCW lost his spot due to sucking but Jabari losing his starting spot had less to do with his play and more to do with moving Giannis to PF, so Jabari can feast on 2nd units. He was awesome tonight, had like 16 pts in 25 min and his defense was very good. He definitely should be a starter but I'm fine bringing him off the bench until he shakes off the rust fully. He's getting there. Will post highlights when they're up.

Town's Town
12-01-2015, 12:02 AM
That is a good game, but if that is what qualifies as a statement game for him, that is pretty sad.

Akrazotile
12-01-2015, 12:07 AM
10/6/9 with 3 blocks and 3 steals, 50% FG, just 2 TO, terrific defense and team-high +26. Was really like Jason Kidd-lite tonight.

The guy can play. Just not every night. He's a confidence player through and through and when his confidence is low he's the worst player in the NBA. High confidence and he's a pretty nice player.

Wont be able to quite make that claim until next year.

GIF REACTION
12-01-2015, 12:12 AM
Fix your shit insidehoops

The title of this thread was supposed to be all caps

Completely killed the emotion of this thread

Springsteen
12-01-2015, 12:43 AM
MCW family unite

there is still hope

http://giant.gfycat.com/EnormousSinfulHen.gif

RRR3
12-01-2015, 12:45 AM

The guy can play. Just not like Brandon Knight. He's a confidence player through and through and when his confidence is low he's the worst player in the NBA. High confidence and he's a pretty nice player.
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Milbuck
12-01-2015, 12:58 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause:
He was an abysmal fit on this team. Box score watch all you want.

LoneyROY7
12-01-2015, 01:00 AM
MCW has amazing rhythm.

RRR3
12-01-2015, 01:04 AM
He was an abysmal fit on this team. Box score watch all you want.

1. They won much more often with Knight than with MCW.
2. MCW is an abysmal fit too. matter of fact, where the hell would he be a good fit?

I'm not saying Knight was necessary for the Bucks, as like you say he may have impeded the development of Giannis and Jabari. However, at least when Knight chucked up shots they went in sometimes. MCW just sucks. It's not that Knight is some legend, it's that you traded him for a clearly inferior player and can't admit it.

Milbuck
12-01-2015, 01:39 AM
1. They won much more often with Knight than with MCW.
Had very little to do with Knight. Watch the games. We won games because of our defense and our bench. The latter of which completely fell off a cliff due to injuries, fatigue, and unsustainable shooting from pre-all star break cooling off post-all star break...our bench went from literally one of the best to one of the worst. Our starting lineup with Knight before the trade was worse than our lineup with MCW after the trade. Aside from putting up pretty box score stats Knight really had a negligible impact on the team, and I am 100% positive we get swept by Chicago with Knight instead of MCW.

2. MCW is an abysmal fit too. matter of fact, where the hell would he be a good fit?

He's a bad fit in his own way but still is on more occasions than Knight was, a neutral impact or high impact player because of his defense. Knight was a crap fit on offense and also a mediocre defender.

I'm not saying Knight was necessary for the Bucks, as like you say he may have impeded the development of Giannis and Jabari. However, at least when Knight chucked up shots they went in sometimes. MCW just sucks. It's not that Knight is some legend, it's that you traded him for a clearly inferior player and can't admit it.You're looking at it in an incredibly narrow way. Okay, Knight spaces the floor. He also over dribbles and completely breaks the offense to get off those shots. MCW is super lackadaisical with the ball and turns it over frequently, but at the very least he's a pass-first player. On the occasions where Knight would find teammates, they were mostly him dribbling into bad positions and kicking it out for bailout plays. He played with the mentality of Russell Westbrook with 30% of the talent. Think about that. Again, MCW might not give you the shooting of Knight but he gives you MILES better defense. Knight was inefficient offense and mediocre defense. MCW is inefficient offense in a different way but very good to great defense.

The Brandon Knight that plays for Phoenix is absolutely not the Brandon Knight that played for Milwaukee because we needed him to play like an actual PG unlike Phoenix with Bledsoe and their 2 combo PG offense, and when you rely on him to play PG you get a pretty individual box score but a team offense disaster.

HenryGarfunkle
12-01-2015, 01:42 AM
Not sure, MCW lost his spot due to sucking but Jabari losing his starting spot had less to do with his play and more to do with moving Giannis to PF, so Jabari can feast on 2nd units. He was awesome tonight, had like 16 pts in 25 min and his defense was very good. He definitely should be a starter but I'm fine bringing him off the bench until he shakes off the rust fully. He's getting there. Will post highlights when they're up.
:(

RRR3
12-01-2015, 01:46 AM
Had very little to do with Knight. Watch the games. We won games because of our defense and our bench. The latter of which completely fell off a cliff due to injuries, fatigue, and unsustainable shooting from pre-all star break cooling off post-all star break...our bench went from literally one of the best to one of the worst. Our starting lineup with Knight before the trade was worse than our lineup with MCW after the trade. Aside from putting up pretty box score stats Knight really had a negligible impact on the team, and I am 100% positive we get swept by Chicago with Knight instead of MCW.

He's a bad fit in his own way but still is on more occasions than Knight was, a neutral impact or high impact player because of his defense. Knight was a crap fit on offense and also a mediocre defender.

You're looking at it in an incredibly narrow way. Okay, Knight spaces the floor. He also over dribbles and completely breaks the offense to get off those shots. And on the occasions he finds teammates, they're mostly him dribbling into bad positions and kicking it out for bailout plays. He played with the mentality of Russell Westbrook with 30% of the talent. Think about that. Again, MCW might not give you the shooting of Knight but he gives you MILES better defense. Knight was inefficient offense and mediocre defense.

The Brandon Knight that plays for Phoenix is absolutely not the Brandon Knight that played for Milwaukee because we needed him to play like an actual PG, and when you rely on him to play PG you get a pretty individual box score but a team offense disaster.

Bro, I'm not saying Knight was the right PG for the Bucks system. I'm saying you guys got hosed in that trade and could have gotten better value for Knight.

Also, Knight's BPM was at 2.2 for the Bucks last year. MCW was at 0.4 for the Bucks last year, and this year (before tonight's game) -5.2. So they played better with Knight on the floor :confusedshrug:

Milbuck
12-01-2015, 01:46 AM
:(
The homie Down to Buck slacking on this one. Should be up on YT by tomorrow.

Milbuck
12-01-2015, 01:54 AM
Bro, I'm not saying Knight was the right PG for the Bucks system. I'm saying you guys got hosed in that trade and could have gotten better value for Knight.
I've said for weeks we should've taken the Lakers pick. If that pick drops out of the top 3 but stands in the 4-6 range we could be looking at adding a stud like Jaylen Brown, Jamal Murray, Dragan Bender or even Skal if he drops to an already stud duo in Giannis/Jabari. We f*cked up in that trade in that regard...picking MCW over the pick. But I vehemently stand by my position that I'd rather have MCW than Knight. If MCW fails we just end the experiment. But if we keep Knight, not only do we keep someone who actively hinders Giannis/Jabari's development, but we would have to pay him 70 mil, which would've affected our ability to pay a better player for us in Middleton.

Also, Knight's BPM was at 2.2 for the Bucks last year. MCW was at 0.4 for the Bucks last year, and this year (before tonight's game) -5.2. So they played better with Knight on the floor :confusedshrug:Don't care about BPM. BPM says Greg Monroe is the best defender on our team when he's been one of the biggest defensive liabilities.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/15/6/pts/1-1

^^ Look up pre-all star and post-all star starter and bench stats.

Our starters after the all-star break (after trade)? 17th. Before the all star break with Knight? 24th

And back to my point about the bench... Before the all-star break? #1. Literally the best in the league, lit teams up and was the major factor after our defense in us winning games. 19th. Completely collapsed due to nagging injuries, fatigue, etc. That was the MAJOR reason we struggled so much after the break/trade. Not Knight for MCW.

RRR3
12-01-2015, 01:56 AM
I've said for weeks we should've taken the Lakers pick. If that pick drops out of the top 3 but stands in the 4-6 range we could be looking at adding a stud like Jaylen Brown, Jamal Murray, Dragan Bender or even Skal if he drops to an already stud duo in Giannis/Jabari. We f*cked up in that trade in that regard...picking MCW over the pick. But I vehemently stand by my position that I'd rather have MCW than Knight. If MCW fails we just end the experiment. But if we keep Knight, not only do we keep someone who actively hinders Giannis/Jabari's development, but we would have to pay him 70 mil, which would've affected our ability to pay a better player for us in Middleton.
Don't care about BPM. BPM says Greg Monroe is the best defender on our team when he's been one of the biggest defensive liabilities.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/15/6/pts/1-1

^^ Look up pre-all star and post-all star starter and bench stats.

Our starters after the all-star break (after trade)? 17th. Before the all star break with Knight? 24th

And back to my point about the bench... Before the all-star break? #1. Literally the best in the league, lit teams up and was the major factor after our defense in us winning games. 19th. Completely collapsed due to nagging injuries, fatigue, etc. That was the MAJOR reason we struggled so much after the break/trade. Not Knight for MCW.
That's a start.

Admit you'd rather have Knight in a vacuum though :coleman:

Milbuck
12-01-2015, 02:00 AM
That's a start.

Admit you'd rather have Knight in a vacuum though :coleman:
He's a better individual player than MCW.

But a worse fit.

If we had a Spurs-like motion offense where we could use Knight as a scoring combo guard and not rely on him to run the offense and make frequent playmaking decisions..I'd love him on our team. But that's not our team, we need an actual PG and he just sucked at that. So does MCW but his defense helps a bit.

RRR3
12-01-2015, 02:03 AM
He's a better individual player than MCW.

But a worse fit.

If we had a Spurs-like motion offense where we could use Knight as a scoring combo guard and not rely on him to run the offense and make frequent playmaking decisions..I'd love him on our team. But that's not our team, we need an actual PG and he just sucked at that. So does MCW but his defense helps a bit.
Fair enough. But I still say you could have got a pure PG better than MCW for Knight. Hell, may have been able to get Lawson this offseason with how desperate the Nuggets were to get rid of him.

Milbuck
12-01-2015, 02:08 AM
Fair enough. But I still say you could have got a pure PG better than MCW for Knight. Hell, may have been able to get Lawson this offseason with how desperate the Nuggets were to get rid of him.
Lawson was one of the guys I wanted. A top form Lawson from those run and gun Denver years would be SICK here.

I still maintain that the best non-all star PG for the Bucks in the league right now...is George Hill. Defends, can shoot, high BBIQ, composed, reliable, can pass and run an offense when necessary but also has no problem letting others run the offense (GA and Jabarles going forward).

RRR3
12-01-2015, 02:10 AM
Lawson was one of the guys I wanted. A top form Lawson from those run and gun Denver years would be SICK here.

I still maintain that the best non-all star PG for the Bucks in the league right now...is George Hill. Defends, can shoot, high BBIQ, composed, reliable, can pass and run an offense when necessary but also has no problem letting others run the offense (GA and Jabarles going forward).
Yeah, man, Lawson would have been great. Maybe you can get him from Houston, his value is super low now.

Bruh, I feel like George Hill's awful dyed blonde hair negates anything he does well. :lol

Dude looks ridiculous.

But he's a nice player. Isn't Hill more of a combo guard though?

HenryGarfunkle
12-01-2015, 02:15 AM
Milbuck is a good guy.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

AI09
12-01-2015, 07:38 AM
Reading this thread I just gained a whole lot of respect for Milbuck :cheers:

Haymaker
12-01-2015, 09:20 AM
MCW family unite

there is still hope

http://giant.gfycat.com/EnormousSinfulHen.gif