PDA

View Full Version : Why do Americans continue to buy shit beers?

BigNBAfan
11-30-2015, 11:51 PM
I know there's this huge trend for microbreweries now, SD, Colorado and Portland being the capitals but what the fck.... every time i go back to the states like now, it's complete garbage.

I'm here in Fl right now and the only decent brewery is cigar city...

BasedTom
11-30-2015, 11:54 PM
low standards/constant marketing during NFL games

it's fcking disgraceful

rufuspaul
11-30-2015, 11:56 PM
The craft brew scene here is fantastic, but unfortunately the mass beer market is still redneck driven. I'll give you an example.

My sister is a bartender in Athens, Georgia, a college town. Her bar features cocktails and an amazing assortment of local beers, especially from the brewery that is right next door. Still, they get a huge amount of requests for Budlight every weekend. :facepalm

There's fantastic beer in the US, but unfortunately there is also a huge population of idiots.

outbreak
11-30-2015, 11:56 PM
American beer is horrible. I used to think maybe the beer we got here was a different brew under the same name (like fosters in the UK, current heineken in Aus) but apparently it's shit there too

Nick Young
11-30-2015, 11:57 PM
Why do non-Americans continue to be butthurt that they aren't American?:roll:

rufuspaul
11-30-2015, 11:59 PM
American beer is horrible. I used to think maybe the beer we got here was a different brew under the same name (like fosters in the UK, current heineken in Aus) but apparently it's shit there too

The mass produced beers are shit, but there is great beer here too. My city alone has 13 local breweries, making some really good stuff.

BasedTom
12-01-2015, 12:00 AM
http://www.geeksandcleats.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/nick-young-confused-face.png
are you really defending shit beer?

BigNBAfan
12-01-2015, 12:02 AM

Because i do business in America 3-4 months out of the year... the lack of quality beer on the east coast is ridiculous.

outbreak
12-01-2015, 12:05 AM
The mass produced beers are shit, but there is great beer here too. My city alone has 13 local breweries, making some really good stuff.
Yeah I imagine there's some nice smaller breweries, here though we only get the bigger exports. Just I remember when I was younger and we'd buy some of the US beers because your see them in US shows/movies/ads and then finding out they are horrible was a disappointing experience.

Nick Young
12-01-2015, 12:06 AM
Because i do business in America 3-4 months out of the year... the lack of quality beer on the east coast is ridiculous.

https://45.media.tumblr.com/70c28e54bf34c5e5c633c2e085338aa0/tumblr_moekwjCyNq1s49x9io1_250.gif
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view8/4682465/kim-kardashian-crying-o.gif

https://45.media.tumblr.com/c43c5e33878148699eec639e30503364/tumblr_ndr7mzdUvI1qft49to1_500.gif

BigNBAfan
12-01-2015, 12:08 AM
Yeah I imagine there's some nice smaller breweries, here though we only get the bigger exports. Just I remember when I was younger and we'd buy some of the US beers because your see them in US shows/movies/ads and then finding out they are horrible was a disappointing experience.

None of them are good... the only ones i liked are the sours by Cascade in SE Portland and the Bruery near my parents place in cali.

Stone is overrated and way too commercialized as is Rogue which is shit anyways.

Sierra nevada makes good stuff for a large brewery and their brewery is pretty cool too in Chico.

BasedTom
12-01-2015, 12:10 AM
https://45.media.tumblr.com/70c28e54bf34c5e5c633c2e085338aa0/tumblr_moekwjCyNq1s49x9io1_250.gif

https://45.media.tumblr.com/c43c5e33878148699eec639e30503364/tumblr_ndr7mzdUvI1qft49to1_500.gif
If you really had pride in America, wouldn't you expect and demand the best instead of begrudgingly accepting a shit product because "USA NUMBER ONE YEAHHRH!!"

Or if not the best, at least something that wasn't horrible watered down piss?

BigNBAfan
12-01-2015, 12:11 AM
If you really had pride in America, wouldn't you expect and demand the best instead of begrudgingly accepting a shit product because "USA NUMBER ONE YEAHHRH!!"

Or if not the best, at least something that wasn't watered down piss?

Seriously, you wont hear me talk shit once on America... it's the country i was born. But some idiots are too fcking dumb to criticize for any improvement to be made. Keep drinking your piss dude.

Town's Town
12-01-2015, 12:11 AM
Constant marketing of cheap beer to the low income during NFL games has made those cheap beer companies powerhouses.

outbreak
12-01-2015, 12:12 AM
None of them are good... the only ones i liked are the sours by Cascade in SE Portland and the Bruery near my parents place in cali.

Stone is overrated and way too commercialized as is Rogue which is shit anyways.

Sierra nevada makes good stuff for a large brewery and their brewery is pretty cool too in Chico.

Is it just that that is the beer the general public want or what?

Nick Young
12-01-2015, 12:15 AM
Seriously, you wont hear me talk shit once on America... it's the country i was born. But some idiots are too fcking dumb to criticize for any improvement to be made. Keep drinking your piss dude.
http://media4.popsugar-assets.com/files/2014/04/29/957/n/1922398/3c7edc340ee48541_712045636.xxxlarge/i/GIFs-Celebrities-Crying.gif
https://media4.giphy.com/media/12lgY8Qt8OYbCw/200_s.gif

DCL
12-01-2015, 12:15 AM
brainwashed by cool commercials of shit beer companies

BigNBAfan
12-01-2015, 12:18 AM
Is it just that that is the beer the general public want or what?

Well when i lived in Portland no one would buy shitty beer... maybe for beer pong but even then it was Rainer or PBR which i think is owned by one of the bigger breweries.

I think it depends on where you are... in Socal people tended to opt for shit beers. There were a few places that were opening up there in Anaheim in Costa Mesa but those idiots charge like 7 bucks a pint which prevents anyone wanting to try something new. That's actually how it is in all the breweries in CA, even in SD... greenflash was the only chill place because of its outside seating and cheap beers.

~primetime~
12-01-2015, 12:27 AM
It's cheap as hell and people just want to get drunk... The alcohol is the same

I mean that's like asking "why do Americans eat fast food?"... It's cheap and cures their hunger

Who cares what other people eat and drink though... If you like quality ingredients then consume them ffs

BigNBAfan
12-01-2015, 12:30 AM

I mean that's like asking "why do Americans eat fast food?"... It's cheap and cures their hunger

Who cares what other people eat and drink though... If you like quality ingredients then consume them ffs

More competition = better beers

When i was at firestone over by Obispo they had a stout in bourbon barrels aged for 18 months... ridiculous... it wasn't as good as the bruery's black tuesday which is the best beer i've ever had, but it was up there.

~primetime~
12-01-2015, 12:34 AM
People drink cheap coffee

People drink cheap tea

Cheap boxed wine

Cheap liquor

Eat cheap food...McDonalds, Taco Bell, Jack in the Box

Wear cheap clothes

Etc etc etc

Beer snobs need to stop pretending that beer is the only thing be invaded by cheapness... There are crap products all over being consumed by millions.

BigNBAfan
12-01-2015, 12:36 AM

People drink cheap tea

Cheap boxed wine

Cheap liquor

Wear cheap clothes

Etc etc etc

Beer snobs need to stop pretending that beer is the only thing be invaded by cheapness... There are crap products all over being consumed by millions.

Have you seen where coffee has come the last 10 years? People use to think Dunkin Donuts coffee was good....

outbreak
12-01-2015, 12:39 AM

People drink cheap tea

Cheap boxed wine

Cheap liquor

Wear cheap clothes

Etc etc etc

The difference is that junk food is cheap but tastes good, cheap clothes can look good and most people buy them trying to get clothes that look more expensive, tea and coffee has had a huge push for quality in the last decade, boxed wine is cheap but it isn't the predominant product being pushed by major wine makers and people drink it knowing it is shit.

~primetime~
12-01-2015, 12:40 AM
Have you seen where coffee has come the last 10 years? People use to think Dunkin Donuts coffee was good....

Yeah but I bet the most money is made by Folgers Crystals or some shit like that.

There are high quality expensive teas too... But I bet Lipton sells the most

Same with liquor and wine

And food too...McDonalds is everywhere, not 5 star joints

fsvr54
12-01-2015, 12:43 AM
Love craft beer, but it's expensive as hell, they need to start lowering prices for it to get really popular.

~primetime~
12-01-2015, 12:44 AM
The difference is that junk food is cheap but tastes good, cheap clothes can look good and most people buy them trying to get clothes that look more expensive, tea and coffee has had a huge push for quality in the last decade, boxed wine is cheap but it isn't the predominant product being pushed by major wine makers and people drink it knowing it is shit.
College kids buy kegs of natural light with 100% understanding it is garbage... They don't care they just want to get drunk, they could give a fck about the quality of the hops

BasedTom
12-01-2015, 12:45 AM
Yeah but I bet the most money is made by Folgers Crystals or some shit like that.

There are high quality expensive teas too... But I bet Lipton sells the most

Same with liquor and wine

And food too...McDonalds is everywhere, not 5 star joints
the problem is that there's way too much of the former to the point where we have this conversation

imagine if every single restaurant in a city was chain garbage like that...people would riot

outbreak
12-01-2015, 12:47 AM
College kids buy kegs of natural light with 100% understanding it is garbage... They don't care they just want to get drunk, they could give a fck about the quality of the hops

It's more about how all the big U.S beers taste horrible whereas if you go to other countries like Japan, nearly anywhere in Europe, Australia, Mexico, some parts of south america etc you find cheap domestic beers that taste decent and people seem fine with that. A lot of people seem to like the crappy beer and it's not just the dirt cheap beers in america that suck either it's nearly all the major labels

~primetime~
12-01-2015, 12:50 AM
the problem is that there's way too much of the former to the point where we have this conversation

imagine if every single restaurant in a city was chain garbage like that...people would riot
It's the same

This country is covered in fast food joints. There are a bazillion McDonalds in this country

Kblaze8855
12-01-2015, 12:58 AM
Shit like bud is just the default. Its available...literally everywhere that serves alcohol. Its very few peoples favorite beer. Budweiser...if you count light and regular together...sells more than any beer in the world just ahead of a chinese only brand. Doesnt mean its earths favorite tasing beer. It means its widely available.

The beers you speak of are like Coke. Coke is everywhere...not because it tastes better than anything else...its just the standard. Its baseline....soda.

Thats what a bud or miller lite is. Ask someone drinking one what their favorite beer is...they wont say bud light.

Ive never heard anyone say it is. Ever.

But when its hot out and you are at some form of gathering....or football is on...or its a party...bud is somewhere near. And its cold. And you dont care.

oh the horror
12-01-2015, 12:59 AM
I haven't drank a cheap beer in a very long time. I think the most generic I go would be blue moons or shock top.

I will not drink Budweiser. It doesn't taste very good to me.

warriorfan
12-01-2015, 01:05 AM
op is too low class to go to the nice areas of America

:(

BigNBAfan
12-01-2015, 01:07 AM
op is too low class to go to the nice areas of America

:(

I dont buy tickets son... but if you've read anything i've written you'd have a clue. I even lived in palo alto before doing a gig for stanford.

Kblaze8855
12-01-2015, 01:08 AM
Doesnt taste very good to me either. But when someone spends their hard earned money on a 6 pack after work and comes over and hands it to me....am I supposed to throw it away or have a beer with my friend and chill?

I rarely by the same beer twice because I like to try something new. I buy 2-3 six packs ive never had every NFL sunday and we drink and watch the games....

Someone else might have a pack of bud light....and we drink it when the rest is gone. They dont even think its good.....so much as...its cheap and plentiful.

bladefd
12-01-2015, 03:42 AM
What do you guys consider good beer? I sometimes drink dos equis, bud light, other random stuff. Recommend some good beers worth trying.

Btw - I like moderate stuff, nothing very strong. I cannot get drunk due to blood pressure med, but a couple beers are fine.

dunksby
12-01-2015, 04:01 AM
If you ain't a fan of your local beer, you suck, how come supporting your local sport teams is obligatory but not when it comes to beer? And it's not even about being a snob, beer brewed for mass production is just bad beer and should be avoided if possible.

Kblaze8855
12-01-2015, 04:21 AM
something I've always wanted to say to local musicians and such complaining about the lack of local support...

nobody owes anybody shit because they happen to live somewhere near them.

support is earned. You don't just get it because you're a couple of zip codes over.

I support what I like. If I stumble over your product and like it I'll buy more of it later. I'm not going to go out of my way to find it without evidence it's any better than another product just as easy to find or more so.

you and I living in the same city doesn't make your product good. and it doesn't move it to the front of any line.

I'm not buying a product because the people who make it live in my state anymore than I'm buying a product because someone black owns the company.

eventually great products speak for themselves. I don't owe anybody a pity buy because of some superficial similarities in our background.

dunksby
12-01-2015, 04:33 AM
something I've always wanted to say to local musicians and such complaining about the lack of local support...

nobody owes anybody shit because they happen to live somewhere near them.

support is earned. You don't just get it because you're a couple of zip codes over.

I support what I like. If I stumble over your product and like it I'll buy more of it later. I'm not going to go out of my way to find it without evidence it's any better than another product just as easy to find or more so.

you and I living in the same city doesn't make your product good. and it doesn't move it to the front of any line.

I'm not buying a product because the people who make it live in my state anymore than I'm buying a product because someone black owns the company.

eventually great products speak for themselves. I don't owe anybody a pity buy because of some superficial similarities in our background.
Stop your damn passive aggressive hissy fit you are a grown man, the point is that local brewed beer, especially if it's a family brewery, is better than any mass produced beer. You'd know that if you had ever brewed your own beer or tried someone's home brewed.

KevinNYC
12-01-2015, 08:51 AM
I know there's this huge trend for microbreweries now, SD, Colorado and Portland being the capitals but what the fck.... every time i go back to the states like now, it's complete garbage.

I'm here in Fl right now and the only decent brewery is cigar city...

Because you're in Florida.

KevinNYC
12-01-2015, 08:57 AM

Here's the thing, even among cheap beers there's some better ones. PBR is a nice drinkable beer and it's cheap.

Rolling Rock is much better than Budweiser. The thing with college kids and Natural Light is they are often new drinkers who don't know shit.

BasedTom
12-01-2015, 08:57 AM
Because you're in Florida.
KevinNYCuck strikes with another zinger :rolleyes:

KevinNYC
12-01-2015, 09:01 AM
KevinNYCuck strikes with another zinger :rolleyes:
A. Go****yourself.

B. Florida is not known for variety of beers. The "specialty" beer I saw in Miami was Jimmy Buffet's.

What's the good beer in Florida?

rufuspaul
12-01-2015, 09:45 AM
It's more about how all the big U.S beers taste horrible whereas if you go to other countries like Japan, nearly anywhere in Europe, Australia, Mexico, some parts of south america etc you find cheap domestic beers that taste decent and people seem fine with that. A lot of people seem to like the crappy beer and it's not just the dirt cheap beers in america that suck either it's nearly all the major labels

You are aware that Budweiser is owned by Inbev, a Belgian company right?

JtotheIzzo
12-01-2015, 10:16 AM
USA makes some of the best and some of the worst beer.

Cannot pigeon hole the country's beer.

Beer snobs can kiss my ass, sometimes I want an overhopped IPA, sometimes I want a plssy lager, and other times I want something in the middle.

Depends on the mood.

USA offers every type...God bless America!

BasedTom
12-01-2015, 10:18 AM
A. Go****yourself.

B. Florida is not known for variety of beers. The "specialty" beer I saw in Miami was Jimmy Buffet's.

What's the good beer in Florida?
lol you come in here acting like a pompous ass and get pissy when ppl tell you you're an insufferable cvnt in every thread you're in

in general for america, decent ipas are easier to find
https://www.sfroomservice.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Flying_Dog_Raging_Bitch_Belgian_IPA_6PK_12OZ_BTL_1 024x1024.jpg

my all purpose choice would be this though

http://www.genussmaenner.de/content/images/e2c033a61f170511a413cc9a70308870.jpg

LJJ
12-01-2015, 10:47 AM

Wut. One of the most popular beer styles in Japan is this kind "beer-flavored" light alcohol that's technically not even beer, and it tastes awful.

I don't really remember ever tasting an American beer, but I can't imagine it's quite as ungodly as like, the bottom half of the fridge at a Japanese 7-11.

aj1987
12-01-2015, 11:05 AM
https://www.sfroomservice.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Flying_Dog_Raging_Bitch_Belgian_IPA_6PK_12OZ_BTL_1 024x1024.jpg

:cheers: :cheers:

I love that beer.

Two of my other favorites:

http://i.imgur.com/ahryR3x.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SMigExO.jpg

hateraid
12-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Just to start off I'm a beer snob. I love my craft beer.
Having said that it's an acquired taste that is not appealing to to masses. Plus most craft beers don't have that versatility. The bud lights of the world are appealing because they fit in almost any environment or condition. And they pair with every savory food. It's not my go to, but if I went to a house party it would be the majority choice.
I also think this millenial age of adults knock it because it's cool to put down mainstream anything. Advertising doesn't change a taste pallet. It's popular for the reasons I mentioned plus it's affordable.

Kblaze8855
12-01-2015, 12:30 PM
Stop your damn passive aggressive hissy fit you are a grown man, the point is that local brewed beer, especially if it's a family brewery, is better than any mass produced beer. You'd know that if you had ever brewed your own beer or tried someone's home brewed.

No it is not. like everything else some is good and some is bad. Nothing is better because it's local or small. I know three people who make their own beer two have been doing it a long time.

some guy isnt automatically better at making beer than Sam Adams because he lives up the street.

DonDadda59
12-01-2015, 12:47 PM
It's not that complicated (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrEe3JcsYWQ) :confusedshrug:

And a lot of the craft beer industry is a massive scam by the big brand mass producers. They trick douchey millenial hipsters into thinking they're drinking some superior esoteric micro-brewed beer when in reality, it was mass-produced right next to the bud light or coors batches.

Derka
12-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Because poor people and college students don't have money...and since they drink more than the rest of us, they buy cheap swill.

stalkerforlife
12-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Which beers are considered the best?

Derka
12-01-2015, 01:38 PM
It's not that complicated (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrEe3JcsYWQ) :confusedshrug:

And a lot of the craft beer industry is a massive scam by the big brand mass producers. They trick douchey millenial hipsters into thinking they're drinking some superior esoteric micro-brewed beer when in reality, it was mass-produced right next to the bud light or coors batches.
This is very true. MillerCoors and InBev (who owns Anheuiser-Busch) have been buying up smaller craft breweries for years now.

JohnnySic
12-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Because its cheap and you can chug mass quantities of it. No one wants to drink 20 quality beers, but 20 Bud Lights hits the spot. In other words, they're idiots.

Draz
12-01-2015, 01:48 PM
I drink very rarely when it comes to beer. I hate everything but Budweiser. That shit just hits the spot. And I'm talking about the canned ones not the bottle. There's this personal preference I have over cans than I do with bottles.

I know very little about beer, where they come from, etc. but what I do know is, hieniken (my dad's favorite), corona especially, coors light, bud light, are miles distant from Budweiser.

You couldn't force me to drink a corona. Budweiser quenches my thirst like a nice coca cola would.

DonDadda59
12-01-2015, 01:58 PM
This is very true. MillerCoors and InBev (who owns Anheuiser-Busch) have been buying up smaller craft breweries for years now.

Yup. There was a near mutiny in the bearded hipster community when it was revealed that Blue Moon, one of their go to 'craft beers' was in fact produced by Coors. :lol

The big brands have highly paid advertising people whose only job is to figure out how young consumers think, their purchasing habits, etc. They know that it's en vogue for people in the 21-35 range to want micro brewed, craft beers that have no ties to the large beer corporations. So what do they do? They buy up the smaller manufacturers because that's a drop in the bucket for them and the micro brewers, despite all outward appearances, are capitalists mainly in the game for the money. So they sell out. But Coors, Annheiser-Bush, etc don't make it publicly known that the brands are now under their control.

So the hipster douches unwittingly pour more and more money into the Superbowl ad fund for Budweiser while thinking they're being so cultured and unique for buying some artsy beer.

Hell of a hustle. :applause:

JohnnySic
12-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Yup. There was a near mutiny in the bearded hipster community when it was revealed that Blue Moon, one of their go to 'craft beers' was in fact produced by Coors. :lol

The big brands have highly paid advertising people whose only job is to figure out how young consumers think, their purchasing habits, etc. They know that it's en vogue for people in the 21-35 range to want micro brewed, craft beers that have no ties to the large beer corporations. So what do they do? They buy up the smaller manufacturers because that's a drop in the bucket for them and the micro brewers, despite all outward appearances, are capitalists mainly in the game for the money. So they sell out. But Coors, Annheiser-Bush, etc don't make it publicly known that the brands are now under their control.

So the hipster douches unwittingly pour more and more money into the Superbowl ad fund for Budweiser while thinking they're being so cultured and unique for buying some artsy beer.

Hell of a hustle. :applause:
LOL. :oldlol:

DonDadda59
12-01-2015, 02:19 PM
LOL. :oldlol:

They actually filed a class action lawsuit (http://consumerist.com/2015/05/01/millercoors-sued-for-selling-blue-moon-as-a-craft-beer/) against MillerCoors in California earlier this year. They loved Blue Moon when they thought it was a small, independent, family-owned, micro-brewed craft beer. But as soon as they found out the high prices they were paying for it added a few more stories to Coors' corporate headquarters... all of a sudden it didn't taste as good.

Hold this L pretentious hipsters. :roll:

rufuspaul
12-01-2015, 03:01 PM
They actually filed a class action lawsuit (http://consumerist.com/2015/05/01/millercoors-sued-for-selling-blue-moon-as-a-craft-beer/) against MillerCoors in California earlier this year. They loved Blue Moon when they thought it was a small, independent, family-owned, micro-brewed craft beer. But as soon as they found out the high prices they were paying for it added a few more stories to Coors' corporate headquarters... all of a sudden it didn't taste as good.

Hold this L pretentious hipsters. :roll:

I thought it was pretty obvious that Blue Moon was mass produced. :confusedshrug:

If you truly want good, fresh (and this is important) beer, go local. And go to the brewery and see how it's made.

DonD13
12-01-2015, 03:09 PM
might be a little bit off topic but i know a guy in Chicago who lives in the states for over 20 years and he pronounces beers like 'Bears' and Bears like 'beers', shit was funny as hell because nobody ever told him and he's a Chicago Bears fan too lmao

rufuspaul
12-01-2015, 03:14 PM
might be a little bit off topic but i know a guy in Chicago who lives in the states for over 20 years and he pronounces beers like 'Bears' and Bears like 'beers', shit was funny as hell because nobody ever told him and he's a Chicago Bears fan too lmao

http://www.baconbeercan.com

DukeDelonte13
12-01-2015, 03:21 PM

blasphemy i say.

beer brewing is more of a science than an art and i think the big corps got the chemistry down well.

I like craft brews, but there is a time and a place for them much like there sometimes is a time and a place for miller lite, budwieser, etc.

Sometimes i just don't wanna drink a liquified loaf of bread with my wings.

Derka
12-01-2015, 03:21 PM
I've gone local a few times to both my total surprise and utter horror...however, I'm all for people who are creative enough to think up something outside the box giving it a go and getting people to try it. Worst that can happen is that people don't like it.

I'm a fan of several of Dogfish Head's beers but then again they make some stuff that tastes pretty awful.

~primetime~
12-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Shiner started out as craft 'micro' brew...today it is mass produced

it's the same beer now as it was when it was a 'craft beer'

I bet most small breweries are like Shiner and strive to become 'mass produced'...and have beer snobs snicker at them

rufuspaul
12-01-2015, 03:40 PM
I've gone local a few times to both my total surprise and utter horror...however, I'm all for people who are creative enough to think up something outside the box giving it a go and getting people to try it. Worst that can happen is that people don't like it.

I'm a fan of several of Dogfish Head's beers but then again they make some stuff that tastes pretty awful.

Yeah, it's all about personal tastes and what you're in the mood for. I'm not a fan of stouts or overly hopped beers. Your standard lagers, pilsners and IPAs are what I go for most often. Some of the more experimental flavor combos can be pretty repulsive, although there's a brewery here that makes a jalape

~primetime~
12-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Here is the thing though, if you live in even a medium sized city in the US you would have no issues at all finding quality beer. I worked a beer store while going to school, for 3 years. We had an entire section dedicated to microbrew, Import, and craft beer...at least 50 or so different types of beer in that section, maybe 100. And my beer store wasn't big either.

Lite beer sold by the cases...and by the kegs...it does have its nitch, and that nitch is parties, mass consumption. No one is going to by cases and kegs of micro beer. Not only is it far more expensive but it is also high calorie which leaves you feeling full and bloated...mass drinkers need watered down crap so they can drink a whole 12 pack.

Draz
12-01-2015, 04:25 PM
At 23, when I was 21 and younger, because of the taste of Corona and other shit beer made never want to explore the beer world.

Derka
12-01-2015, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=rufuspaul]Yeah, it's all about personal tastes and what you're in the mood for. I'm not a fan of stouts or overly hopped beers. Your standard lagers, pilsners and IPAs are what I go for most often.

Some of the more experimental flavor combos can be pretty repulsive, although there's a brewery here that makes a jalape

outbreak
12-01-2015, 04:43 PM
Wut. One of the most popular beer styles in Japan is this kind "beer-flavored" light alcohol that's technically not even beer, and it tastes awful.

I don't really remember ever tasting an American beer, but I can't imagine it's quite as ungodly as like, the bottom half of the fridge at a Japanese 7-11.

Haven't seen that but I know two of their biggest and most popular domestic beers are asahi and sapporo and both are cheap and decent.

outbreak
12-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Here is the thing though, if you live in even a medium sized city in the US you would have no issues at all finding quality beer. I worked a beer store while going to school, for 3 years. We had an entire section dedicated to microbrew, Import, and craft beer...at least 50 or so different types of beer in that section, maybe 100. And my beer store wasn't big either.

Lite beer sold by the cases...and by the kegs...it does have its nitch, and that nitch is parties, mass consumption. No one is going to by cases and kegs of micro beer. Not only is it far more expensive but it is also high calorie which leaves you feeling full and bloated...mass drinkers need watered down crap so they can drink a whole 12 pack.

Don't think the idea of the thread was that there is NO good beer in america, just why are the big popular beers so shit. Most countries big domestic beers aren't the best beer produced in the country but by comparison to the u.s's big brands they taste a lot better and are still affordable.

~primetime~
12-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Haven't seen that but I know two of their biggest and most popular domestic beers are asahi and sapporo and both are cheap and decent.
Mexico also has a ton of awful beer...that is why you need lime and salt with it, that's the only way it is bearable.

Derka
12-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Don't think the idea of the thread was that there is NO good beer in america, just why are the big popular beers so shit. Most countries big domestic beers aren't the best beer produced in the country but by comparison to the u.s's big brands they taste a lot better and are still affordable.

Plenty of truth to that. Ask any Australian what they think of Foster's.

dunksby
12-01-2015, 04:53 PM
No it is not. like everything else some is good and some is bad. Nothing is better because it's local or small. I know three people who make their own beer two have been doing it a long time.

some guy isnt automatically better at making beer than Sam Adams because he lives up the street.
You are right, but what I meant with family brewery wasn't your ordinary brewer in his garage, but something that a family has been doing for generations. Smaller beer breweries cannot exist if they are not good enough to compete with mass produced beers in their area.

LJJ
12-01-2015, 05:02 PM

Which Sapporo and Asahi? These?

http://i.imgur.com/8ktxndZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GN3ifd1.jpg

Because they are gross and fake.

If you go to a Japanese bar and order a beer you don't know what gross and fake shit you will get, especially if you want to order something cheap. If you are lucky you'll be served an inoffensive lager.

But the overarching point is that I don't know why you listed Japan. Their beer market is ridiculous and definitely doesn't offer the consistent quality as a place like Germany. I honestly doubt it's better than the US.

Nanners
12-01-2015, 05:09 PM
The US has great beer if you are in the right place... but yeah Florida is definitely not that place.

Lakers Legend#32
12-01-2015, 05:32 PM
Because for 'Muricans, it not about taste, but getting f#cked up as cheaply as possible.

~primetime~
12-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Because for 'Muricans, it not about taste, but getting f#cked up as cheaply as possible.
I think this is exactly what it is for the majority 25 and under.

That is how it was for me...I was poor, liked to get drunk, so Lite Beer was the way to go vs. 'quality'. Just like buying a $2 cheese burger was the way to go vs. steak back then.

I can remember buying malt liquor even, which makes cheap lite beer look heavenly...if you have $10 in your pocket, that was a couple 40 oz bottles and a pack of cigarettes, you're set.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/05/d5/89/05d589fc75dd553521dfb1786aa76c21.jpg

outbreak
12-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Plenty of truth to that. Ask any Australian what they think of Foster's.
export fosters and domestic fosters aren't the same beer. export fosters is closer\the same as the crown lager brew and domestic market fosters is totally different. a friend of mine worked for CUB and now works for a third party exporter of alcohol.

brownboyfly
12-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Yuengling >

9erempiree
12-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Why do people moan and cry about what beverage of choice one is having?

I will play along...Americans value the quantity of beers and it will last an entire night. Buy a case for the boys and you have a good night.

Fruity beer, as I like to call it, or woman's beer, are made to satisfy the taste buds when in fact it's about getting drunk. These tasty beers are the new wine coolers.

You guys can have your microbrews where I will be double fisting my beers.

We're men, the last thing we need to do is complain about beer like women do about most things.

chosen_one6
12-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Beer is f*cking terrible. I'll never drink it. Looks like piss and tastes like what piss probably tastes like too.

fiddy
12-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Beer is f*cking terrible. I'll never drink it. Looks like piss and tastes like what piss probably tastes like too.
Fаg alert

outbreak
12-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Why do people moan and cry about what beverage of choice one is having?

I will play along...Americans value the quantity of beers and it will last an entire night. Buy a case for the boys and you have a good night.

Fruity beer, as I like to call it, or woman's beer, are made to satisfy the taste buds when in fact it's about getting drunk. These tasty beers are the new wine coolers.

You guys can have your microbrews where I will be double fisting my beers.

We're men, the last thing we need to do is complain about beer like women do about most things.

It's not about craft beers vs cheap beers it's about why cheap beer in other countries so so much better than cheap beer in U.S.A and why the drinking culture is fine with that.

chosen_one6
12-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Fаg alert

Nah bruh. I'll take my jack and coke or shots of patron over beer any day of the week.

~primetime~
12-01-2015, 06:38 PM
It's not about craft beers vs cheap beers it's about why cheap beer in other countries so so much better than cheap beer in U.S.A and why the drinking culture is fine with that.
OP is asking why Americans buy crappy beer...not why our crappy beer is worse than other crappy beer.

~primetime~
12-01-2015, 06:46 PM
And it is 100% about taste buds...the 'drunk' you get is the same, it's caused by alcohol in your blood stream thinning out your blood.

A bum drinking a flask of cheap wine is getting the same exact drunk feeling as a millionaire drinking $1,000 a bottle bourbon.

One might have less carcinogens than another, making the morning hangover better or worse...but other than that it is just what is happening to your taste buds when it goes down. And who gives a fck what is happening to other people's taste buds???

outbreak
12-01-2015, 06:54 PM
OP is asking why Americans buy crappy beer...not why our crappy beer is worse than other crappy beer.
He's asking why americans continue to buy the shit beer was my take, based on his other posts too he says he travels a lot which is why other countries came in to it.

TheMan
12-01-2015, 06:56 PM
http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/archive/2009/05/9_090522_arc_beertn.jpg.CROP.thumbnail-small.jpg

TheMan
12-01-2015, 07:03 PM
I think this is exactly what it is for the majority 25 and under.

That is how it was for me...I was poor, liked to get drunk, so Lite Beer was the way to go vs. 'quality'. Just like buying a $2 cheese burger was the way to go vs. steak back then.

I can remember buying malt liquor even, which makes cheap lite beer look heavenly...if you have $10 in your pocket, that was a couple 40 oz bottles and a pack of cigarettes, you're set.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/05/d5/89/05d589fc75dd553521dfb1786aa76c21.jpg
It's funny that I'm not a racist or anything but isn't that beer for black ghetto dudes? Just like Miller Lite is for rednecks?

I can honestly say I've never tried those beers.

I only drink Dos Equis, Tecate or St. Puali Girl. When I'm light in the wallet, I'll go Miller High Life (the CHAMPAGNE of beers y'all) :oldlol:

~primetime~
12-01-2015, 07:07 PM
The main demographic for most malt liquor was black males, yes.

cept for Mickeys, which tried to get an Irish theme thing going and had these little bottles known as 'grenades'.

I can remember drinking a lot of Mickey's too...

Draz
12-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Nah bruh. I'll take my jack and coke or shots of patron over beer any day of the week.
Ughhhh jack and coke will be the death of me. Every time my boys have a get together they always have this shit.

TheMan
12-01-2015, 07:19 PM
The main demographic for most malt liquor was black males, yes.

cept for Mickeys, which tried to get an Irish theme thing going and had these little bottles known as 'grenades'.

I can remember drinking a lot of Mickey's too...
Yeah, I thought so.

I never see ads on TV for Olde English but I always just see black dudes buying that beer. I have no idea how a malt liquor beer taste, and have no desire to try it out either.

My brother is an avid fan of 211, I tasted it but it was prolly the worst tasting beer I've tried but that shit gets you drunk in no time, hence the reason my brother drinks that shit, he'll get high smoking bud and drunk drinking that crap :facepalm:

It's weird how they'll market beers to different segments of the population though, Bud Light is marketed to the NASCAR rednecks but my uncles buy that shit all the time.

Nanners
12-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I thought so.

I never see ads on TV for Olde English but I always just see black dudes buying that beer. I have no idea how a malt liquor beer taste, and have no desire to try it out either.

My brother is an avid fan of 211, I tasted it but it was prolly the worst tasting beer I've tried but that shit gets you drunk in no time, hence the reason my brother drinks that shit, he'll get high smoking bud and drunk drinking that crap :facepalm:

It's weird how they'll market beers to different segments of the population though, Bud Light is marketed to the NASCAR rednecks but my uncles buy that shit all the time.

211 is malt liquor

TheMan
12-01-2015, 07:26 PM
Ughhhh jack and coke will be the death of me. Every time my boys have a get together they always have this shit.
Speaking of whiskey, my other brother (who likes a little higher end alcohol than my youngest brother), loves drinking Maker's Mark straight up. I can't handle that, I'll get ****ed up in no time.

Give me Patron tequila and I'm set, straight up with a shot of limon and sangrita as a chaser :cheers:

TheMan
12-01-2015, 07:33 PM
211 is malt liquor
No wonder I hated it :oldlol:

That crap is called Steel Reserve 211 and it literally tastes like metal:coleman:

~primetime~
12-01-2015, 07:35 PM
Rap legends used to advertise St. Ides Malt Liquor...Dre, Pac, Biggie, Cube, Snoop, etc

Pac and Snoop St. Ides
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-quH74Z7Rw)

http://cdn.hiphopwired.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/snoop-dogg-st.-ides-295x456.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/m7F5O01Q2Mg/hqdefault.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5d/40/fa/5d40fa533e9afc5272aa69e291e11dcb.jpg

Nanners
12-01-2015, 07:37 PM
No wonder I hated it :oldlol:

That crap is called Steel Reserve 211 and it literally tastes like metal:coleman:

yeah that shit is awful, it tastes like vinegar mixed with sugar and gasoline or something. :oldlol:

~primetime~
12-01-2015, 07:43 PM
Malt liquor is cheap beer that somehow uses corn to up the alcohol content...it is stronger than beer, and cheaper than beer...pretty ideal for poor kids trying to get drunk.

yeah "metal" is a good way to describe the taste :oldlol:

9erempiree
12-01-2015, 08:18 PM
As mentioned our cheap beer comes in bulks and as Americans we will give the shirt off our backs for anyone. Same goes for beers.

It's better to show up to a party with a case of beer than show up with a six pack of the fruity beer because you are too good to drink what's there. The guy with his personal fruity beer is a man that cannot be trusted.

outbreak
12-01-2015, 08:25 PM
is a "bulk" a pack of 24? If so that's the same as a slab which is how we buy beer here.

I don't think they even sell malt liquor here. The cheapest alcohol here is probably is just cask wine and passion pop (really cheap type of fruity wine that 15 year old girls drink)

LJJ
12-01-2015, 08:48 PM
"Bulk", "Slabs", "Packs".

Are you trying to say beer doesn't come in big ass plastic crates like these:

http://i.imgur.com/tzk4EFx.jpg

:biggums:

KyrieTheFuture
12-01-2015, 08:55 PM
I found something called Tennents Super Strength Lager (I think) in Italy but I can't even find the bottle online. Only beer I ever liked and it was somewhere between 11-13%. So good.

TheMan
12-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Speaking of "bulk beer", I'm on youtube listening to some of that now called old school metal like M

fiddy
12-01-2015, 08:56 PM

Thats a case, might be talking about pvc bottles like these ones:

http://www.chambersz.com/image/Ariana-2l.jpg

http://stoilovi.bg/assets/products/large/pd_b9906f5a34c873225fd654640b022980_5b368b92ddc912 a16aa99e8a3c3430c7.jpg

outbreak
12-01-2015, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=TheMan]Speaking of "bulk beer", I'm on youtube listening to some of that now called old school metal like M

TheMan
12-01-2015, 09:09 PM
yeah my band used to get paid in a slab sometimes or just free drinks at the bar all night
Yeah, them were the days :rockon:

My brother was the vocalist and I was lead guitar with my trusted Strat.

It was all about getting drunk, meeting chicks and having a blast...

What type of music did you play?

Nanners
12-01-2015, 09:29 PM
too bad we dont get buckfast in the united states. malt liquor drinkers have no idea what they are missing.

outbreak
12-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Yeah, them were the days :rockon:

My brother was the vocalist and I was lead guitar with my trusted Strat.

It was all about getting drunk, meeting chicks and having a blast...

What type of music did you play?

punk/hardcore/thrash/dbeat type stuff. I was on guitar and sometimes vocals.

ROCSteady
12-01-2015, 10:38 PM
lol you come in here acting like a pompous ass and get pissy when ppl tell you you're an insufferable cvnt in every thread you're in

in general for america, decent ipas are easier to find

]

Shoutout Frederick, MD. :applause:

Great city.

I HATE, loathe, abhor, have disdain for Miller Lite but I'll drink a Coors :confusedshrug:

KevinNYC
12-01-2015, 11:47 PM

Great city.

Yup right in the middle of Florida too.

BasedTom
12-01-2015, 11:51 PM
Yup right in the middle of Florida too.
You said "in" not "from" you worthless mong

BigNBAfan
12-02-2015, 12:52 AM
Here's a beer i enjoyed a few weeks ago, local brewery back home.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/hLkFVNhAv1zP3yUTWKjyzKBzdVKnZ3UCAKXlpLGagvWc2kl8hW QdzTUFra43sPFzpZg25ySjmp2Ox0WxwN8kTmwF8OXWGocuNZm5 E7K2K84nXPVK10p3xQOjFTaLXU9vwHk8-anO2ZLUrgE8yAACcUof6c0K82X6gSbWL-aiBdX5SQFlcqBaV9voyXWWbj8wZ3ofTXAJlxm2BuGyOKFtVUDe z635D5Ft6m6U438AD_AUMFPmV200Z-Y027Du-iTBX0hzyfouRj4DIeUXhMiayEbPfc1jH1h914GSomDqqtY6i2T BivRjSiGpYy3GawanqB3ZX3FvRn2Jar1x2oWb2KrD_UwWFkLgA Fqu5NdD-GATa4p8pcqKoP6_KQZ4pRxK5rVmDJW1GXhJwlBzsEY_2zfiogh 9cEcHozREDM0_vZgM0P7JyH5D_ke_mCk9Q1I_nKWUln5vhp2yI VDqqBt_lGE_b7ik6H6OMCYdoMgi4KZdodDEuo_E-_O51vKqToJeQroIl_983j4MFxeJCyFGocShCdT15lx5zU5ebiu B8Qk=w597-h795-no

fsvr54
12-02-2015, 01:22 AM

Great city.

I HATE, loathe, abhor, have disdain for Miller Lite but I'll drink a Coors :confusedshrug:

Miller Lite is the worst beer in the world. Only beer to ever give me a headache.

nightlight
12-02-2015, 08:27 AM
You sound like a really fun person. Do you go to the beach and stamp out children's sand castles too?

DukeDelonte13
12-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Miller Lite is the worst beer in the world. Only beer to ever give me a headache.

lite beer are the least likely to give you a headache because of the water content in them.

you reach the beer equilibrium with them, a point where you really can't get more drunk then you are because you are pissing out about the same you are putting in.

I feel like i can drink half a case of lite beer and totally fine the next day. When i drink a few craft brews a feel like i've been hit by a truck.

For a nice dining experience i go with the craft brew, for a party or watching sporting events i like to go with the miller lites of the world.

also, malt liquor is underrated.

thefatmiral
12-02-2015, 04:47 PM
It's cheap and it gets you drunk. Either one will probably cause throat cancer.

Marv_Albert
12-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Bro I don't even know how people drink that chemically batch brewed shit

**** beer, drink spirits

Marv_Albert
12-02-2015, 05:56 PM
http://www.anothermattsmith.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/parrotdog-img-02a-1296x864.jpg

Now this stuff is the goods, made here in Wellington, New Zealand

dunksby
12-02-2015, 06:18 PM

Grolsch is good beer.

9erempiree
12-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Beer is subjective.

Please don't be snobs.

Its beer drink up.

Pushxx
12-02-2015, 06:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

Lick my butt and suck on my balls.

fiddy
12-02-2015, 06:53 PM
Beer is subjective.

Please don't be snobs.

Its beer drink up.
:roll: :roll:
Said the Bud Light lover

I<3NBA
12-03-2015, 03:04 AM
http://sanmiguelbrewery.com.ph/images/2014_rack_shot_bottles_only_low_res.jpg