PDA

View Full Version : with 17 seconds left, GSW up by 1 point, Why did Curry shoot that three?

winwin
12-01-2015, 02:23 AM
was it good decision?

SpaceJam
12-01-2015, 02:27 AM
Nah, but Hood's shot from 3 wasn't either, although you kinda expect Curry to make those type of shots regardless. It's more surprising that he misses

WayOfWade
12-01-2015, 02:29 AM
We're it anyone but Stephen Curry, it would've been a bad decision. However it was Stephen Curry, therefore it's always a good decision to shoot

WorldWarriors
12-01-2015, 02:53 AM
was it good decision? Terrible decision. Kerr would have never allowed it. He could have made a better play. I know why he did it. He was trying to hit them with the dagger
but failed.

AnaheimLakers24
12-01-2015, 02:59 AM
Cause hes legit retarded. Dude literally pulls up for 3 on three against zero fastbreak :lol

kennethgriffin
12-01-2015, 03:03 AM
Wait.. did curry pull a bargnani?

I didnt see the game

WorldWarriors
12-01-2015, 03:45 AM
Wait.. did curry pull a bargnani?

I didnt see the game LOL No. :roll:

Harison
12-01-2015, 03:48 AM
3PT is a layup for Curry, so for him its a good decision.

Genaro
12-01-2015, 04:02 AM
- He had made a 3 in the last possession
- If he goes to the paint Gobert is waiting for him
- Favors was guarding him on a switch
- He's f.ucking Steph Curry, the GOAT shooter.

So yeah, I think it was a good decision (unlike WB's 3 pointer on Hawks x Thunder last minute)

Mr. Jabbar
12-01-2015, 04:03 AM
he takes risks, hes an alpha.

warriorfan
12-01-2015, 04:10 AM
big nuts

Naero
12-01-2015, 04:32 AM
He had just come off of making two-consecutive jumpers, has a history of heating up down the stretch, and there was no better shot-taker to make a game-sealing shot by giving a potential two-possession lead.

Obviously, a results-oriented outlook brings it into question, but he took the shot on reasonable grounds, which is the most you can hope for a player to consistently do.

buddha
12-01-2015, 04:54 AM
bad decision. if he was going to shoot a three off the dribble he should have done it 13 seconds earlier. I have no idea why they didn't call a timeout when they got the ball at 40 seconds. they had 3 of them..

Luke Walton is a shit coach though who is lucky the most talented team in the league can do it themselves. Walton almost cost them the win streak when he didn't hack DeAndre Jordan as the Clips got that huge lead against them.

Asukal
12-01-2015, 05:16 AM
He has the green light to make such decisions. He missed the shot, but make no mistake Curry has the clutch gene. By far the best player in the world. :bowdown:

The_Yearning
12-01-2015, 10:21 AM
Yes.

You've been watching that beta LeBron too much.

Wally450
12-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Considering that he hit 2 big jumpers before that, its not out of the question he'd take a similar shot again. It just didn't drop.

Rake2204
12-01-2015, 10:37 AM
- He had made a 3 in the last possession
- If he goes to the paint Gobert is waiting for him
- Favors was guarding him on a switch
- He's f.ucking Steph Curry, the GOAT shooter.

So yeah, I think it was a good decision (unlike WB's 3 pointer on Hawks x Thunder last minute)Pretty much. And as Harison said, for him, it's a good shot.

The rules are different for Stephen Curry, in terms of what shots are right and which ones are not. I didn't even bat an eye at the shot in question last night. He was just coming off a sequence where he'd casually drilled two or three shots more difficult than that one (pull-up secondary transition three, step-back from left wing.) And he wasn't hitting because he was hot or lucky; he was hitting because he's Stephen Curry and those are the shots he takes and makes at a startlingly high rate.

imdaman99
12-01-2015, 10:48 AM
He has the green light from anywhere at all moments of the game because he has shown he can hit them.

However, this kind of reckless chucking will cost them against the Cavs in June... I can sense it.

Hopper15
12-01-2015, 12:53 PM
I'd take my chances with Steph taking a 3 over anyone taking it into the paint with Gobert protecting the rim.

references
12-01-2015, 12:59 PM
He has the green light from anywhere at all moments of the game because he has shown he can hit them.

However, this kind of reckless chucking will cost them against the Cavs in June... I can sense it.
riiiiiight

stalkerforlife
12-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Because he's an alpha motherphucker.

There's your only relevant answer.

Gileraracer
12-01-2015, 01:33 PM
Balls of steel :applause:

Marchesk
12-01-2015, 01:41 PM
Should have deferred.

Town's Town
12-01-2015, 02:59 PM
LOL No. :roll:
No, the shot clock wouldn't have let him hold it until a foul. He had to shoot at some point and some people thought he shot too soon. I think he had like 6 seconds left on the shot clock, but I could be mistaken. It wasn't as bad of a shot as people are acting like it was.

WorldWarriors
12-01-2015, 03:19 PM
No, the shot clock wouldn't have let him hold it until a foul. He had to shoot at some point and some people thought he shot too soon. I think he had like 6 seconds left on the shot clock, but I could be mistaken. It wasn't as bad of a shot as people are acting like it was.

I've calmed down since I posted last night. That game nearly gave me a heart attack. I hated that shot because he missed it not because he took it I guess. Funny looking back on how heated I was with the whole team. Probably being unfair to Steph since he came back in and saved us when they squandered the lead in the 4th. Still think they could have come up with a better play but he wasn't doubled so I guess it was ok for him to take the shot. All in all we won anyway.