PDA

View Full Version : Stans are phucking delusional if they think Kobe isn't tarnishing any legacy

DCL
12-01-2015, 11:43 PM
He's going out as absolutely the biggest garbage player in the nba. He's worse than garbage. He's a disease. He's full blown AIDS.

This is nothing like former players who quietly went out. They had grace and self-respect and didn't make a joke out of themselves.

But this Kobe right here is just flat out embarrassing himself and the game of basketball.

His stupid Stans are so shook that they can't say come up with anything other than Alpha give no phucks, Tank Commander, JesusSacrificeBe, and all the lamest shithead excuses.

When there's a debate about the WORST player to ever lace them up, this version of kobe would top all the lists.

I know your typical response: "rent fee...", "OP is a f@ggot...", etc.

but you know this post is all true.

:lol

SouBeachTalents
12-01-2015, 11:46 PM
Honestly, people said the same shit about Jordan on the Wizards, Hakeem on the Raptors, Shaq at the end of his career etc. Granted, none of them were even CLOSE to as bad as Kobe currently is, but believe me, even by next season, all people will remember about or care about Kobe is what he did between 2000-2010

GrapeApe
12-01-2015, 11:51 PM
Nobody will remember or care about this season. Kobe's legacy is set and has been for a while now. What he's doing right now is completely irrelevant in terms of how his career and legacy will be perceived.

Jacks3
12-01-2015, 11:54 PM
Kobe could end up having the worst season ever (very possible) and I can pretty guarantee he's still going to be a consensus top 10-15 player of all-time and the second best SG ever. Trust me. Nobody is going to give a damn about this season 10 years from now.

Magic 32
12-01-2015, 11:58 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CqpxhANrHzc/UwFfZEjh2BI/AAAAAAAACrc/XkSyNp1MWVo/s1600/1.gif

SpecialQue
12-02-2015, 12:01 AM
Rent fee.

And OP is a f@ggot.

Collie
12-02-2015, 12:02 AM
He's in danger of shooting the lowest percentage of any player since the 40's, so THAT will stick around at least.

DCL
12-02-2015, 12:02 AM
Rent fee.

And OP is a f@ggot.

called it already.

it stung you that much, huh :oldlol:

GrapeApe
12-02-2015, 12:08 AM
Kobe could end up having the worst season ever (very possible) and I can pretty guarantee he's still going to be a consensus top 10-15 player of all-time and the second best SG ever. Trust me. Nobody is going to give a damn about this season 10 years from now.

I'd say more like next year. As soon as he's officially retired he'll be getting nothing but recognition for his great career and this season will be instantly forgotten. The Lakers will honor him, he'll have a jersey retirement ceremony, and he'll obviously be inducted into the HOF as soon as he's eligible. I could see the league honoring him in some way as well.

SpaceJam
12-02-2015, 12:09 AM
called it already.

it stung you that much, huh :oldlol:

Damn dude doesn't realize he said it BECAUSE of the fact he mentioned it in OP, poor soul

game3524
12-02-2015, 12:10 AM
Does anyone remember Jordan's wizard years, or Shaq finishing his career with the Celtics, or Ali getting destroyed by a bum at the end?

No one is going to really care about Kobe this year(or the last two years). His legacy was set the minute he won a fifth championship.

Cold soul
12-02-2015, 12:12 AM
Well OP you're an idiot. Nobody cares especially 10 years down the road it's his farewell tour if he was in his prime or close to it then yes this hurts his legacy otherwise this does nothing 20 years in is longer than any NBA player ever playing for one team let that sink in.

Cold soul
12-02-2015, 12:14 AM
Does anyone remember Jordan's wizard years, or Shaq finishing his career with the Celtics, or Ali getting destroyed by a bum at the end?

No one is going to really care about Kobe this year(or the last two years). His legacy was set the minute he won a fifth championship.

Great post well said. You knew after 2010 his prime years were over with other than that 2012-2013 bounce back season he had.

jayfan
12-02-2015, 12:15 AM
You're delusional if you think he is tarnishing his legacy. And I don't care about Kobe.

DCL
12-02-2015, 12:17 AM
Well OP you're an idiot. Nobody cares especially 10 years down the road it's his farewell tour if he was in his prime or close to it then yes this hurts his legacy otherwise this does nothing 20 years in is longer than any NBA player ever playing for one team let that sink in.

that's because you're phucking delusional.

he's leaving the game as the WORST player in the game. he's the most pathetic looking player in the NBA right now, hands down.

that will not be forgotten.

DCL
12-02-2015, 12:18 AM
Does anyone remember Jordan's wizard years, or Shaq finishing his career with the Celtics

they didn't go out looking like this. nobody did.

Cold soul
12-02-2015, 12:22 AM

Shaq did he did nothing but rode the bench and got paid he contributed nothing that whole entire season.

G-train
12-02-2015, 12:23 AM
You're delusional if you think he is tarnishing his legacy. And I don't care about Kobe.

Well if anything he is just enhancing his legacy as a selfish ball hog moron.

Cold soul
12-02-2015, 12:23 AM
that's because you're phucking delusional.

he's leaving the game as the WORST player in the game. he's the most pathetic looking player in the NBA right now, hands down.

that will not be forgotten.

Lol whatever you say wise ass this year not even over and no he isn't worst player in NBA today.

Magic 32
12-02-2015, 12:24 AM

That's because they were trying to ride their way to a championship playing 10 minutes a game on a contending team.

DCL
12-02-2015, 12:24 AM
Shaq did he did nothing but rode the bench and got paid he contributed nothing that whole entire season.

shaq accepted his role and went out quietly.

kobe is going out as a big loud joke.

Cold soul
12-02-2015, 12:25 AM
That's because they were trying to ride their way to a championship playing 10 minutes a game on a contender.

Indeed sad thing is most of those players contributed less than his seasons Kobe. Haters will ignore this though so it's to be expected.

Magic 32
12-02-2015, 12:26 AM

What "role" should Kobe play on a dreadful team?

Help the kids win 20 games and lose a top 3 draft pick?

G-train
12-02-2015, 12:26 AM
That's because they were trying to ride their way to a championship playing 10 minutes a game on a contending team.

wait laker fans are actually defending kobe right now?

lol just when you think you seen it all on ISH

:roll:

Cold soul
12-02-2015, 12:27 AM

A joke to who you? Newflash nobody cares what you think on random internet forum you're nothing more than fat bold keyboard warrior living in his moms basement.

Hittin_Shots
12-02-2015, 12:28 AM

Yep, if Shaq had stayed healthy enough to play we would of won.

game3524
12-02-2015, 12:28 AM

Jordan had one of the most inefficient season for a 20 ppg scorer in NBA history. Shaq was awful with the Celtics, and Ali got his ass handed too him.

Most legends go out terribly, this isn't anything new.

Magic 32
12-02-2015, 12:30 AM
wait laker fans are actually defending kobe right now?

There's method to the madness.

Anyone with a brain can see that.

game3524
12-02-2015, 12:31 AM

lol, Kobe is getting the Jeter treatment, that lasting image of Shaq is him blowing out his achilles.

G-train
Jordan had one of the most inefficient season for a 20 ppg scorer in NBA history. Shaq was awful with the Celtics, and Ali got his ass handed too him.

Most legends go out terribly, this isn't anything new.

what Kobe is doing now has never happened in NBA history.
how can anyone defend this?

the guy is finished. He is worse than an average NBA player, and just shot 17 threes in a game.

come on people :facepalm

Hittin_Shots
Indeed sad thing is most of those players contributed less than his seasons Kobe. Haters will ignore this though so it's to be expected.

All Kobe is contributing to the Lakers is more losses which gives them a greater chance of keeping their pick so as good as that is for the franchise; if we're talking about actual contribution to winning basketball games than I would agree with the other guy that Kobe is possibly the highest negative effecting player to a team ever.

G-train
12-02-2015, 12:32 AM
There's method to the madness.

Anyone with a brain can see that.

oh baby

the delusion is something special right now

DCL
12-02-2015, 12:33 AM
What "role" should Kobe play on a dreadful team?

Help the kids win 20 games and lose a top 3 draft pick?

dude, kobe doesn't give a shit about any top 3 pick. do you really believe he even cares? :oldlol:

he didn't even care about winning a championship vs the pistons as much as gunning for finals mvp and the personal glory. that's kobe ball.

right now, he only cares about being the leading scorer on the lakers, even if it means looking like the most pathetic player in the nba.

and everything is magnified because the spotlight is on him, and it's not flattering.

Magic 32
12-02-2015, 12:34 AM
lol, Kobe is getting the Jeter treatment, that lasting image of Shaq is him blowing out his achilles.

Shaq have found a way to tarnish his legacy in retirement...

http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/news/imgs-new/grown-ups-3.jpg

Cold soul
12-02-2015, 12:34 AM
All Kobe is contributing to the Lakers is more losses which gives them a greater chance of keeping their pick so as good as that is for the franchise; if we're talking about actual contribution to winning basketball games than I would agree with the other guy that Kobe is possibly the highest negative effecting player to a team ever.

I strongly disagree but that's cool. The Lakers suck with or without Kobe that's how bad this team is along with garbage coaching with Scott.

MMM
12-02-2015, 12:35 AM
Don't remember Shaq being awful for the C's but he was unable to stay healthy. The C's were at their best when Shaq was in but he only had half a season or so in him. Felt like the C's should of rested him until ASG and only used him in the 2nd half/playoffs.

Magic 32
12-02-2015, 12:37 AM
dude, kobe doesn't give a shit about any top 3 pick.

I know it hard to understand.

But a 20 year relationship will make poeple do amazing things for each other.

Collie
12-02-2015, 12:41 AM
Shaq was still fairly efficient when he played, just could not stay healthy. MJ was inefficient, but could still show flashes of his old self and his raw percentages weren't THAT bad (45/29/82) and he still put up close to 20 PER, which is impressive for a 40 year old. Kareem was a shell of himself, could not defend or rebound, and his skyhook was no longer effective. Hakeem was probably the most washed up, but he went out quietly and without spectacle.

DCL
12-02-2015, 12:42 AM
I know it hard to understand.

But a 20 year relationship will make poeple do amazing things for each other.

this is hard for you to understand.

kobe just took 17 3-pointers.

he ain't thinking about any phucking top 3 pick.

he's only thinking, "gotta get at least 20 points, gotta get it."

Gus Hemmingway
12-02-2015, 12:52 AM
this is hard for you to understand.

kobe just took 17 3-pointers.

he ain't thinking about any phucking top 3 pick.

he's only thinking, "gotta get at least 20 points, gotta get it."

Exactly, guy has NO remorse for the lakers future, the rooks development, the Lakers cap space or the fact people will lose jobs over his selfish performances. And he does this with a smile on his face for SIX.... MORE.... MONTHS... If he cared about the organization he would of retired 2 years ago. If he really cared, he would retire RIGHT NOW.

Anaximandro1
12-02-2015, 01:08 AM
lost decade :D

LAL 2010-11 to 2015-16

RS 193 W - 218 L

PO 9 W - 17 L

Kobe destroying the Lakers in the game and on the payroll
:D

Magic 32
12-02-2015, 01:10 AM
lost decade :D

LAL 2010-11 to 2015-16

RS 193 W - 218 L

PO 9 W - 17 L

:D

Wait...why not start...let say in april 2013...

Mr. Jabbar
12-02-2015, 01:14 AM
Wishful thinking op, it doesnt work like that. Eat a big, phat, kobe di.ck. Loser. :lol :lol

DCL
12-02-2015, 01:17 AM
Wishful thinking op, it doesnt work like that. Eat a big, phat, kobe di.ck. Loser. :lol :lol

you're the biggest kobe troll here. your whole life is about trolling. and your basketball knowledge is dog shit, just like how kobe is playing now.

Smoke117
12-02-2015, 06:03 AM

At least you've grown to realize he's not top 10.

Mr Feeny
12-02-2015, 07:37 AM
At least you've grown to realize he's not top 10.

Exactly:oldlol: It's fun seeing quite a few Kobe fans come to terms with the fact that he's not a top 10 players. On realgm, they pretty much all accept that, but do have him in the top 12-13. Fair play to them, but even that is too high in my opinion. He's destroying his legacy with every passing day.

Cold soul
12-02-2015, 10:30 AM
This isn't helping his legacy one bit but in grand scheme of things it isn't hurting it people are prisoners of the moment.

Mr Feeny
12-02-2015, 10:41 AM
This isn't helping his legacy one bit but in grand scheme of things it isn't hurting it people are prisoners of the moment.Tbf most of your fellow Kobe fans disagree and have already dropped him a few spots:D

HOoopCityJones
12-02-2015, 10:45 AM
This isn't helping his legacy one bit but in grand scheme of things it isn't hurting it people are prisoners of the moment.

It's this bullshit ass stat mongering social media Era. These idiots think they're special because they read the trickle down from stat nerds across the internet trying to make a name for themselves by creating the next big metric like PER, maybe even con their way into a Front Office job like Hollinger did.

EVERY great went out this way, just because the percentages don't paint a prettier picture that no one gave three shits about back when Jordan was stinking up the joint on The Wizards doesn't mean much of shit. I wonder what second greatest of all time Kareem's advanced metrics looked like his last two years, bet it wasn't pretty by his standards either.

Fact of the matter is, these guys are so uncomfortable about a lost season anyway that it makes you wonder why they care so much Kobe is stinking this badly, you would think they would revel in it. But Ive come to the conclusion that it's uncomfortable for the haters because it's forcing them to acknowledge the mortality of the current Teams they root for and players that are at the top of their game right now. Lerbon, KD, Steph , PG, Kawhi etc.

They'll all be going through the same shit as Kobe one day and it scares the shit out of the haters because they'll have to watch their heroes struggle too. Don't be afraid candies.

SwayDizzle
12-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Barkley has Kobe at #6 all time. and you know Barkley keeps it real

Mr Feeny
12-02-2015, 10:55 AM
Feeny has Kobe at 15 I think.
Case closed. It's ovah.

HOoopCityJones
12-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Fenny lives in a shed in Wyoming and is unemployed been talking about Kobe for more than 48 hrs and has nothing planned for the rest of his life apparently. Rent being the key word there, because it's free.

Mr Feeny
12-02-2015, 11:11 AM
Speaking of rent free. Feeny living rent free on this brah who keeping tabs on Feeny.

Feeny sitting home in his cabin relaxing watching his new cable television eating Bull. Stay mad:rockon:

Knoe Itawl
12-02-2015, 11:36 AM
I mean, we all know that Kobe stans are delusional. They take after their idol. However, yes of course this is a stain on his legacy. It won't necessarily move him out of the top 15 or so players, however it WILL highlight that everything that people always said about him is true. He's an egomaniac at a level never seen before. That he has a pathological need to shoot, no matter if it's a detriment to his team or not. That he puts himself before team play/chemistry.

All of these things are unavoidable given the season he's having, and his stubborn refusal to play any other way. And they give credence to people who say this mentality was a fatal flaw of his game, causing them not to rank him as highly as some easily distracted by flash types might.

Cue: "fukk u knoe itawl" "Knoe Itawl didn't you say Kobe would never win without Shaq" etc. etc. Stans are predictable in that they will always deflect, insult, etc. as opposed to addressing relevant issues concerning their God. Much easier to do that than handle the truth.

IGOTGAME
12-02-2015, 11:39 AM
I mean, we all know that Kobe stans are delusional. They take after their idol. However, yes of course this is a stain on his legacy. It won't necessarily move him out of the top 15 or so players, however it WILL highlight that everything that people always said about him is true. He's an egomaniac at a level never seen before. That he has a pathological need to shoot, no matter if it's a detriment to his team or not. That he puts himself before team play/chemistry.

All of these things are unavoidable given the season he's having, and his stubborn refusal to play any other way. And they give credence to people who say this mentality was a fatal flaw of his game, causing them not to rank him as highly as some easily distracted by flash types might.

Cue: "fukk u knoe itawl" "Knoe Itawl didn't you say Kobe would never win without Shaq" etc. etc. Stans are predictable in that they will always deflect, insult, etc. as opposed to addressing relevant issues concerning their God. Much easier to do that than handle the truth.

When Kobe retire ms you gotta tell us who your Alts are? There will be no need for this persona anymore

Knoe Itawl
12-02-2015, 11:46 AM
When Kobe retire ms you gotta tell us who your Alts are? There will be no need for this persona anymore

This is exactly what I mean. WTF does alts and blah blah blah have to do with the topic? Stans always want to derail away from the subject into personal shyt. I don't know who the hell you are, but I've been a legend on here, posting since about 2003 when ISH was on another board. I still lurk and see if there are any good conversations, but this place has devolved into such a cesspool that I rarely post anymore.

Still (and I truly find this amazing) my name lives on so much that stans still see red whenever they see my name.:oldlol: Ive posted pretty sporadically for years now yet I still drive stans into fits.

Wade's Rings
12-02-2015, 11:58 AM
It's this bullshit ass stat mongering social media Era. These idiots think they're special because they read the trickle down from stat nerds across the internet trying to make a name for themselves by creating the next big metric like PER, maybe even con their way into a Front Office job like Hollinger did.

EVERY great went out this way, just because the percentages don't paint a prettier picture that no one gave three shits about back when Jordan was stinking up the joint on The Wizards doesn't mean much of shit. I wonder what second greatest of all time Kareem's advanced metrics looked like his last two years, bet it wasn't pretty by his standards either.

Fact of the matter is, these guys are so uncomfortable about a lost season anyway that it makes you wonder why they care so much Kobe is stinking this badly, you would think they would revel in it. But Ive come to the conclusion that it's uncomfortable for the haters because it's forcing them to acknowledge the mortality of the current Teams they root for and players that are at the top of their game right now. Lerbon, KD, Steph , PG, Kawhi etc.

They'll all be going through the same shit as Kobe one day and it scares the shit out of the haters because they'll have to watch their heroes struggle too. Don't be afraid candies.

Wizards Jordan wasn't this bad.

DCL
12-02-2015, 11:58 AM
knoe itawl sighting :cheers:

Mr Feeny
12-02-2015, 12:02 PM
When Kobe retire ms you gotta tell us who your Alts are? There will be no need for this persona anymoreWhat's with you Kobe fanboys? Everyone who points out Kobe's selfishness is an alt:oldlol:

IGOTGAME
12-02-2015, 12:17 PM
What's with you Kobe fanboys? Everyone who points out Kobe's selfishness is an alt:oldlol:
I've been on this board since I was a freshman in college in 2003. I've seen knoeitall's posts for a dozen years and he does not post anything besides negative Kobe comments. And he used to be the first on here to post them...he has calmed down but that is what he does. Someone with a decent understanding of the game and who has put tons of hours debating Kobe wouldn't only talk about Kobe. That is why I'm convinced he is an alt. Btw...I would never engage him in a substantive conversation...lost enough evening and seen enough people do the the same.

He is the ultimate Kobe hater. Back when we had a different class of troll. Btw I don't hate the guy...he provided great entertainment during the time when there were better posters

Wade's Rings
12-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Barkley has Kobe at #6 all time. and you know Barkley keeps it real

Cold soul
12-02-2015, 12:37 PM

He is right Barkley never been very kind towards Kobe or Kobe fan for that matter. I remember during that Suns playoff series he was killing Kobe for mailing it in and not playing aggressive enough.

Mr Feeny
12-02-2015, 12:52 PM
I've been on this board since I was a freshman in college in 2003. I've seen knoeitall's posts for a dozen years and he does not post anything besides negative Kobe comments. And he used to be the first on here to post them...he has calmed down but that is what he does. Someone with a decent understanding of the game and who has put tons of hours debating Kobe wouldn't only talk about Kobe. That is why I'm convinced he is an alt. Btw...I would never engage him in a substantive conversation...lost enough evening and seen enough people do the the same.

He is the ultimate Kobe hater. Back when we had a different class of troll. Btw I don't hate the guy...he provided great entertainment during the time when there were better posters

Fair enough. Cheers

Knoe Itawl
12-02-2015, 12:53 PM

This is a lie, of course. In fact, in the Kobe's not a top 10 player thread I posted a balanced synopsis of why I place him where I do, featuring praise of his game. I have, in fact, given him credit numerous times over the years. However, because I don't worship at the throne of Bryant, feel he's overrated, an egomaniac, etc. (which PLENTY of people also believe, by the way) then I'm a target because people in cults get pretty emotional when you attack their leaders. I've never been an alt in all of my years here.

I've never posted only about Kobe, though admittedly he was a main focus of my subject matter. Primarily because I just got sick of stans' hyperbole comparing him to Jordan, overrating him, etc. So I provided a counter to that. Stans HATE any counter to their bullshyt - especially intelligent counters.

At any rate, I don't hate you either. I don't even dislike Kobe stans like I used to. I realize that they're to be pitied. I mean, imagine your whole life revolving around worshiping a guy like Kobe Bryant? It is to be pitied more than reviled. There must be some dark, painful things going on a mind like that. They deserve our empathy, and the hope that one day they may snap out of it.

HighFlyer23
12-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Kobes a real baller

He knows it's over so he is just doing what he feels on the court

He doesn't care like you stupid f@ggots on this forum

It's true that he's dropped further than any other superstar in recent memory, but who cares? It's over for him.

Hey Yo
12-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Just wait and see how awkward it's going to look when the Lakers play away from Staples"

"At guard Kobe Bryant"...... faint :applause: boooooooooooooo :applause: boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Kobe get the Jeter treatment.... throughout the league??

:roll: :roll:

Jeter was liked throughout the league and had player friends off the field from opposing teams.

Kobe will get just the opposite treatment (except from hometown philly) because he's an asshole.

Fire Colangelo
12-02-2015, 01:22 PM

You guys are always so extreme... in the sense that it's always one or the other. There's never a middle ground it seems.

On one hand you have OP who's obviously retarded thinking 1 out of 20 seasons is going to affect a player's legacy (especially his last season).

Then there's guys like you that keeps trying to convince yourselves that every great played as bad as Kobe's playing right now in their last seasons.

I see Hakeem, Shaq, Jordan, Kareem, etc being brought up a lot. But none of them were as detrimental to their team as Kobe is right now.

Hakeem still played well in reduce minutes. Averaged like 7/6 on good defense coming off the bench. Probably could've averaged 10/10 with 2 steals and 2 blocks if he played starter minutes.

Shaq averaged 9/5 on 67% in his last season with the Celtics, which translated to 16/9 per 36. Celtics looked like the best team in the league with a record of 28-9 before Shaq got injured.

Jordan put up 20/5/6 on Kobe's career FG%.

Kareem again had a reduced role and put up 10/5 on limited minutes.

Garnett is playing like crap, but you can tell how much his veteran presence has an effect on the young guys on the team.

Duncan is still going strong

Karl Malone was good in his last season

:confusedshrug: Literally nobody played as shitty as Kobe's playing in their last season.

16 points on 18 shots? 30% from the field and 20% from the 3? That's pathetic.... Dude's putting up as many shots as he did in 2000 and 2004. Nobody expects Kobe to drop 20/5/5 every game at 37 years old, but this is ... kind of disappointing.

But hey, Kobe's one of those players that I'll pay $300 bucks to see him play one last time (5 more days!). It'll probably be decades before we see another player as polarizing and dominant like Kobe.

Town's Town
12-02-2015, 01:24 PM

Jordan was actually impressive. He wasn't at the top of his game, but he was a borderline all-star at 40. Kobe wouldn't be in the league right now if it weren't for his past.

ArbitraryWater
12-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Rent fee.

And OP is a f@ggot.

:facepalm

He is right Barkley never been very kind towards Kobe or Kobe fan for that matter. I remember during that Suns playoff series he was killing Kobe for mailing it in and not playing aggressive enough.

Ugh, who cares? These TV personal change their opinion ALL the freakin' time.. its useless.

Honestly, people said the same shit about Jordan on the Wizards, Hakeem on the Raptors, Shaq at the end of his career etc. Granted, none of them were even CLOSE to as bad as Kobe currently is, but believe me, even by next season, all people will remember about or care about Kobe is what he did between 2000-2010

Huh? Nobody did..

How is not playing any worse or even close to as pathetic than being the worst player in NBA history? You're dumb as shit for saying this stuff.

andgar923
12-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Not sure about tarnishing his career, but some will likely revisit his career and look at it from a different pov.

Instead of a fearless player, they'll notice how he's more selfish than originally believed, with an immature shot selection.

Will he drop in people's list?

I think so.

When comparing him with others, some will notice the difference in approach to the game and cut through the myths and hype (i.e. "Kobe is the most clutch").

Keno
12-02-2015, 02:26 PM
never read a thread so true in my life, good job op. and lol at someone saying barkley has kobe at 6, barkley also said lebron is the goat and better than jordan, he said it so it has to be true, right? no double standards.

ballinhun8
12-02-2015, 02:28 PM
Just wait and see how awkward it's going to look when the Lakers play away from Staples"

"At guard Kobe Bryant"...... faint :applause: boooooooooooooo :applause: boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Kobe get the Jeter treatment.... throughout the league??

:roll: :roll:

Jeter was liked throughout the league and had player friends off the field from opposing teams.

Kobe will get just the opposite treatment (except from hometown philly) because he's an asshole.

You couldn't be more wrong on this. He will get cheered everywhere he goes. I'm going to the game here in Boston on the 30th and I know its gonna be a packed house and there will be plenty of Kobe fans in attendance.

Hell, he was getting mvp chants in Chicago, Boston, and Sacramento during the 2010 year I believe so you gonna tell me those fans are gonna boo him now? Yea right.

Cold soul
12-02-2015, 02:45 PM
:facepalm

Ugh, who cares? These TV personal change their opinion ALL the freakin' time.. its useless.

Huh? Nobody did..

How is not playing any worse or even close to as pathetic than being the worst player in NBA history? You're dumb as shit for saying this stuff.

He isn't playing like worst player in NBA history that's beyond retarded. You're dumb as hell for talking about a sport of you know little to nothing about other than trolling.

HurricaneKid
12-02-2015, 02:50 PM

No one in the history of basketball has contributed LESS to winning than Kobe this season. On a 2 win Laker team his WS is -.9. The worst ever season long WS total (at least since they have been tracking the pertinent stats ~40 years ago) is -1.5.

Kobe is on track to be -3.6.

Or watch the line jump in the favor of the Lakers when he is announced out. Because those who have massive amounts of money at stake know that Kobe makes his team substantially worse.

Now if you want to see Kobe while you still have the chance, great. But if you are a Kobe fan and you want to see him like this you are a sadistic bastard.

He isn't playing like worst player in NBA history that's beyond retarded. You're dumb as hell for talking about a sport of you know little to nothing about other than trolling.

Yes. He. Is.

game3524
12-02-2015, 02:52 PM
Jordan was actually impressive. He wasn't at the top of his game, but he was a borderline all-star at 40. Kobe wouldn't be in the league right now if it weren't for his past.

Jordan was terrible, dude had a TS% below 40.

HOoopCityJones
12-02-2015, 03:00 PM
You guys are always so extreme... in the sense that it's always one or the other. There's never a middle ground it seems.

On one hand you have OP who's obviously retarded thinking 1 out of 20 seasons is going to affect a player's legacy (especially his last season).

Then there's guys like you that keeps trying to convince yourselves that every great played as bad as Kobe's playing right now in their last seasons.

I see Hakeem, Shaq, Jordan, Kareem, etc being brought up a lot. But none of them were as detrimental to their team as Kobe is right now.

Hakeem still played well in reduce minutes. Averaged like 7/6 on good defense coming off the bench. Probably could've averaged 10/10 with 2 steals and 2 blocks if he played starter minutes.

Shaq averaged 9/5 on 67% in his last season with the Celtics, which translated to 16/9 per 36. Celtics looked like the best team in the league with a record of 28-9 before Shaq got injured.

Jordan put up 20/5/6 on Kobe's career FG%.

Kareem again had a reduced role and put up 10/5 on limited minutes.

Garnett is playing like crap, but you can tell how much his veteran presence has an effect on the young guys on the team.

Duncan is still going strong

Karl Malone was good in his last season

:confusedshrug: Literally nobody played as shitty as Kobe's playing in their last season.

16 points on 18 shots? 30% from the field and 20% from the 3? That's pathetic.... Dude's putting up as many shots as he did in 2000 and 2004. Nobody expects Kobe to drop 20/5/5 every game at 37 years old, but this is ... kind of disappointing.

But hey, Kobe's one of those players that I'll pay $300 bucks to see him play one last time (5 more days!). It'll probably be decades before we see another player as polarizing and dominant like Kobe.

My point is none of them were playing at a high level, this era of propping percentages be damned. No one was pretending Shaq was decent when he played on the Celtics, that's a laugh or MJ on the Wizards, his fans were begging him to get gone because guys like Kobe were making him look foolish, just like players today are making Bean look foolish.

It's not extreme to let a guy go out on his own terms , especially whats a lost season anyway with our young guys still being too raw and Byron being arguably the worst Coach in the league. No one said he's playing good or even decent. But after at least 17 years of top level basketball and 20 years of tenure all together if Kobe can't go out on his own terms as opposed to the way the media, his haters and even some of his fans want him to go out, then who does bro?

That's the funniest thing about all of this, you would think the haters like OP or contrarians such as yourself would be Laker fans too or something, it's not like any of this is hurting you lot, we're the ones cringing after every shot goes up. But hey, for at least twenty years of my life when Kobe was that man, those shots used to fall, but they don't anymore and I'm fine with that.

He'll be gone after next year and I can't thank him enough for all he's done. Percentages be damned. Kobe blew out his Achilles and arguably ended his career just so this Team could get a Playoff birth in 2013. But he's only selfish right? Let the man go out how he wants.

HurricaneKid
12-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Jordan was terrible, dude had a TS% below 40.

Jordan's last year he shot .445 from the field and .491TS%.

Kobe is shooting .301 from the field and .404TS%.

Its really not even comparable.

stalkerforlife
12-02-2015, 03:46 PM
He's going out as absolutely the biggest garbage player in the nba. He's worse than garbage. He's a disease. He's full blown AIDS.

This is nothing like former players who quietly went out. They had grace and self-respect and didn't make a joke out of themselves.

But this Kobe right here is just flat out embarrassing himself and the game of basketball.

His stupid Stans are so shook that they can't say come up with anything other than Alpha give no phucks, Tank Commander, JesusSacrificeBe, and all the lamest shithead excuses.

When there's a debate about the WORST player to ever lace them up, this version of kobe would top all the lists.

Rent free.

Mmmm...these tears taste good.

Leviathon1121
12-02-2015, 03:48 PM

Kobe stans have constantly reminded us for years how bad Jordan was on the Wizards, how he couldn't hack it in the "modern" NBA, so I think it is safe to assume Kobe is going to get trolled like this for many years.

chazzy
12-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Yeah his play has been embarrassing, but historically, playing badly at the end of your career doesn't change where you're ranked. For people that want him to be ranked lower and lower, they'll prioritize it obviously.. but the majority won't care. By that logic, if he retired after 2013 he would be ranked higher than where he is now... it really doesn't matter. His impact may end up getting us a top 3 pick this year, so he could be a net positive for the franchise :lol

Braincells
12-02-2015, 04:41 PM
How you go out is just as important as how you enter. I can understand the scores of injuries that his body has taken over the years and that's a legitimate reason to leave the game, but he absolutely needs to restructure his game for the better of the team. If he's hindering the development of the youth, then he's setting them up for failure long term. He's basically saying to them that it's okay to play dumb isolation basketball and lose games because of it. That should affect his legacy but it's not going to. The game last night was very winnable for the Lakers. No need to hoist up 25 shots just to put on a show for the fans.

Ultimately, it boils down to management and the way Byron Scott is handling his minutes. They need to change every facet of management in order to be successful again. Start by firing Byron Scott and hiring some savvy coach from the NCAA. Kevin Ollie is looking real good right about now.

AlphaWolf24
12-02-2015, 04:46 PM

http://videogamecritic.com/images/7800/meltdown.png

outbreak
12-02-2015, 05:02 PM
My point is none of them were playing at a high level, this era of propping percentages be damned. No one was pretending Shaq was decent when he played on the Celtics, that's a laugh or MJ on the Wizards, his fans were begging him to get gone because guys like Kobe were making him look foolish, just like players today are making Bean look foolish.

It's not extreme to let a guy go out on his own terms , especially whats a lost season anyway with our young guys still being too raw and Byron being arguably the worst Coach in the league. No one said he's playing good or even decent. But after at least 17 years of top level basketball and 20 years of tenure all together if Kobe can't go out on his own terms as opposed to the way the media, his haters and even some of his fans want him to go out, then who does bro?

That's the funniest thing about all of this, you would think the haters like OP or contrarians such as yourself would be Laker fans too or something, it's not like any of this is hurting you lot, we're the ones cringing after every shot goes up. But hey, for at least twenty years of my life when Kobe was that man, those shots used to fall, but they don't anymore and I'm fine with that.

He'll be gone after next year and I can't thank him enough for all he's done. Percentages be damned. Kobe blew out his Achilles and arguably ended his career just so this Team could get a Playoff birth in 2013. But he's only selfish right? Let the man go out how he wants.

MJ and shaq were contributing. Trying to make any case when you use them as examples is just foolish. Celtics wanted shaq to stay healthy and they even made deals assuming he would be healthy and available but his body gave out.

No one expects an old player to be good but you expect them to fill their role. Shaq put up 9pts on 67% shooting and a block a game for the time he was on the court. That's doing your role and contributing, he was a cheap big to give them 15-20 minutes a night in the middle the only thing making him foolish was his body. Jordan put up 20pts on 44% shooting. Again that's contributing.

Both were positive players in what they were doing whereas what Kobe is doing is an embarrassment to the sport. He needs to cut back and play within his own current abilities.

Kobes play now has no impact on his ranking but it is a sad point on his career and when people discuss him in the future it is something that'll get joked about which is sad considering how great he was until the last few years were ruined by injury. Don't try and act like what he's doing has precedent though because it sure as hell doesn't. The amount of shots his taking and the negative impact he has is totally unprecedented.

falc39
12-02-2015, 05:04 PM
What hurts Kobe legacy is that his famed "longevity" can't be cited anymore. I remember hearing about how he has legendary training habits and keeps his body way above other comparable athletes in fitness. Kept hearing that he would keep playing and put up numbers well into his late thirties. Two major injuries shattered that quickly and his longevity is I would say 'above average' at best, nothing spectacular or legendary status.