PDA

View Full Version : Who else gave themselves a "Farewell Tour" like Kobe is now?

tmacattack33
12-02-2015, 01:41 PM
I don't recall any recent stars telling us before the season ended that they were retiring. Shaq, Kidd, Iverson, Nash, etc.

As a matter of fact, KG and Duncan might retire next year as well but they might not be telling us.

This just seems pretty contrived on Kobe's part. Like a little kid crying for attention.

game3524
12-02-2015, 01:45 PM
Jeter and Kareem.

tmacattack33
12-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Jeter and Kareem.

Idk anything about baseball.

But if you just had to go back 30 years to find an example of this in basketball, you just proved my point. :rockon:

WayOfWade
12-02-2015, 01:48 PM
I don't think anyone else ever, but I like it; it gives fans the chance to see Kobe one last time before you'll never see him again

AirTupac
12-02-2015, 01:50 PM

But if you just had to go back 30 years to find an example of this in basketball, you just proved my point. :rockon:

Lmao talk about an agenda you bumbling dimwit.

riseagainst
12-02-2015, 01:50 PM
I don't recall any recent stars telling us before the season ended that they were retiring. Shaq, Kidd, Iverson, Nash, etc.

As a matter of fact, KG and Duncan might retire next year as well but they might not be telling us.

This just seems pretty contrived on Kobe's part. Like a little kid crying for attention.

But he deserves it because he's the GOAT!

:rockon:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-02-2015, 01:51 PM

Who's fault is that?

Dude just gave you a "recent" example so your original point is no longer valid.

Doctor J and 2003 Jordan are other guys that had farewell tours, by the way.

game3524
12-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Who's fault is that?

Dude just gave you a "recent" example so your original point is no longer valid.

Doctor J and 2003 Jordan are other guys that had farewell tours, by the way.

Forgot about Jordan.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with this. Kobe has done a lot for the game of basketball and he is one of the few athletes in sports who deserve it.

ArbitraryWater
12-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Man there was zero fuss when Shaq retired.. or when Dirk/Duncan will..

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Forgot about Jordan.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with this. Kobe has done a lot for the game of basketball and he is one of the few athletes in sports who deserve it.

I don't either. Kobe's career should absolutely be celebrated.

His current play on the other hand... :crazysam:

game3524

The only reason Shaq didn't get a farewell tour, because he announced his retirement after the season. If he done it before, he would have gone out like Kareem.

As for Dirk/Duncan.....no gives a shit about them.

Draz
Y'all think lebron won't announce it either before the season ends?

MP.Trey
12-02-2015, 02:03 PM
I knew he was lying when he said he didn't want the attention of a farewell tour. Now that he can't take the critcism of his awful play, he needs to announce his retirement to try to get the media/fans back on his side.

Great career for the guy, but I can see through his tricks.

Bobcats2013
12-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Bean is doing it for his film project. the nikka is really good at producing biopics. he'll be in the film industry no doubt.

ArbitraryWater
12-02-2015, 02:08 PM
The only reason Shaq didn't get a farewell tour, because he announced his retirement after the season. If he done it before, he would have gone out like Kareem.

As for Dirk/Duncan.....no gives a shit about them.

Except everyone knew he would retire.. like everyone knew with Kobe this year before announcing it.

brownboyfly
12-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Kobe's too hyper-aware not to make a big deal out of this.

game3524
12-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Except everyone knew he would retire.. like everyone knew with Kobe this year before announcing it.

Know they didn't, seeing how Shaq signed a two year deal with Celtics.

Doranku
12-02-2015, 02:53 PM

Great, legendary players obviously. But none of them come close to Kobe's popularity.

game3524
12-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Great, legendary players obviously. But none of them come close to Kobe's popularity.

Shaq does, but the other two no one outside of diehards care about.

HOoopCityJones
12-02-2015, 03:05 PM
Shaq does, but the other two no one outside of diehards care about.

Kobe eclipsed Shaq in popularity a looooong time ago. Shaq's brand was never the same after he left LA.

Hey Yo
12-02-2015, 04:18 PM
I knew he was lying when he said he didn't want the attention of a farewell tour. Now that he can't take the critcism of his awful play, he needs to announce his retirement to try to get the media/fans back on his side.

Great career for the guy, but I can see through his tricks.
The above is exactly what happen.

"I don't want a farewell tour"

a few years later.

"Man, my game sucks. I can't shoot for shit. I got a decision to make"

"I'm retiring after this season...please love me"

AirFederer
12-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Elvis

http://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2014/03/25/23/web-elvis-rex.jpg

Akrazotile
12-02-2015, 04:50 PM
I don't think anyone else ever, but I like it; it gives fans the chance to see Kobe one last time before you'll never see him again

Is it really that important for people in Philadelphia and Orlando and Memphis to watch Kobe Bryant heave up a few bricks?

Like is that what people really care about? Not quality basketball, but just Kobe throwing shots up without a conscience?

Because if that's the case, why not just build a court in his backyard and put up some bleachers, create a television network, and keep going for another 10 years? If that's all these rubes wanna see, is some washed up scrub going iso and playing hero for 48 minutes, that's really nothing he can't continue to do.

If that's really what the masses want, keep on givin it to em Kobe!

thefatmiral
12-02-2015, 04:55 PM
I'm interested to see kobe play on his last year. But I've never seen him play before.