PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Three years of tanking, zero results.

Gus Hemmingway
12-02-2015, 08:53 PM
Three years of cap space, three years to make moves, three years of development and the Lakers have found zero growth, zip, ziltch, nadda. Infact they've been moving backwards each year.

Not one good signing.
Not one good trade.
Not one good draft.
Not one good coach.

-most importantly-

No player development, No new leadership

What exactly are Laker fans expecting after this year? A miracle that Buss wants to retire from his grip on operations?

"Kobe's clanking for that tanking"

Whats new? :lol

FireDavidKahn
12-02-2015, 09:01 PM
Preparing for SImmons for 3 years straight!

Real Men Wear Green
12-02-2015, 09:01 PM
In 2013 the Lakers made the playoffs. That is not tanking. In the ensuing summer they tried to sign Dwight Howard and still had reason to hope that Bryant could lead them to the playoffs. That is not tanking. The next season they may have been foolish to hand Bryant that huge deal but they were not doing it with the intention of losing. His struggles combined with the injury to their lottery pick, Randle, ruined the season. Really LA has been mismanaged but the losing isn't by design.

HOoopCityJones
12-02-2015, 09:08 PM
In 2013 the Lakers made the playoffs. That is not tanking. In the ensuing summer they tried to sign Dwight Howard and still had reason to hope that Bryant could lead them to the playoffs. That is not tanking. The next season they may have been foolish to hand Bryant that huge deal but they were not doing it with the intention of losing. His struggles combined with the injury to their lottery pick, Randle, ruined the season. Really LA has been mismanaged but the losing isn't by design.

/Thread.

:bowdown:

game3524
12-02-2015, 09:08 PM
OP obsessed with Lakers.

AirTupac
12-02-2015, 09:09 PM

His whole premise is just wrong anyways. Went from Lin, Boozer and scrubs to Randle, Russel and Clarkson so clearly they drafted really well in 2 seasons.

Went from 0 prospects after the failed Dwight Nash experiment to 3 potential great players in literally under 2 seasons. OP had his umbilical cord strangling his neck from his fat moms ****** when he was born

sammichoffate
12-02-2015, 09:13 PM
This is the first season of tanking since Randle got injured, but you wouldn't know because you're a dumb fk :coleman:

I<3NBA
12-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Lakers haven't been tanking. the tanking started when they hired the tank commander, Byron Scott.

he's doing great so far.

WayOfWade
12-02-2015, 09:49 PM
Better than the 6rs

Mr. Jabbar
12-02-2015, 09:51 PM
This is the first season of tanking since Randle got injured, but you wouldn't know because you're a dumb fk :coleman:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Sportal
12-02-2015, 10:09 PM
To be fair to the Lakers, their only mistake has been Kobe. I don't feel you are making mistakes with Randle, who was the best pick at that position in the draft, Clarkson, who looked like an absolute steal last season, and, Russell.. I'm not suggesting I'm sold on the kid, but it is nothing short of the most ridiculously hard position to play at right now, with all the other talented PGs out there. It's hard to judge these kids in Kobe's system, let alone with Byron Scott...

From a personal standpoint, I don't want the Lakers to get the #1 pick, it is almost a done deal that it will be Ben Simmons. I don't feel they deserve such a talent. I like to watch rookies a lot, and watch them grow, but I don't want to watch Ben Simmons running around in a Lakers jersey.. Imagine their fans... Jesus..

stalkerforlife
12-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Three years of cap space, three years to make moves, three years of development and the Lakers have found zero growth, zip, ziltch, nadda. Infact they've been moving backwards each year.

Not one good signing.
Not one good trade.
Not one good draft.
Not one good coach.

-most importantly-

No player development, No new leadership

What exactly are Laker fans expecting after this year? A miracle that Buss wants to retire from his grip on operations?

"Kobe's clanking for that tanking"

Whats new? :lol

Years and years of alts and still detectable, Simon.

You're just a bad actor.

Town's Town
12-02-2015, 10:23 PM
They only tanked when Kobe was hurt. They actually tried when he was healthy, and looked like they were tanking because of him.

AussieG
12-02-2015, 11:28 PM
The rebuilding won't properly start until Kobe retires.

Another year or two of tanking with some more 1st rnd picks.. and a big free agent like Durant, or monobrow or John Wall etc.. and they could become a good team again.