12-02-2015, 10:58 PM
Lakers future

LoneyROY7
12-02-2015, 11:04 PM
Ohhh shiiittttt. :eek:

Make that 43/14/7/5. F*CKING BEAST.

SwishSquared
12-02-2015, 11:05 PM
Dude read on twitter that he didn't shoot enough lolol. Granted he needs to put up good offensive stats against some top tier teams. But this statline is so unique I can't recall the last time a college player did this.

LoneyROY7
12-02-2015, 11:06 PM
This guy is a future all-time candidate. Believe it.

ShaqTwizzle
12-02-2015, 11:07 PM
I didn't know Bill Simmons had a son.

alanLA92
12-02-2015, 11:08 PM
Will look good in purple and gold. :bowdown:

MMM
12-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Will look good in purple and gold. :bowdown:

Already looks good in purple n gold will look a lot better in different pro colours

plowking
12-02-2015, 11:10 PM
And he may rot on the Sixers. That should be a crime

You really think a team with Simmons, Okafor, Noel will suck?

Give them 3 years and they'll be great.

SugarHill
12-02-2015, 11:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tWWKzQa.jpg

FKAri
12-02-2015, 11:12 PM
You really think a team with Simmons, Okafor, Noel will suck?

Give them 3 years and they'll be great.

How many wins do the Sixers get this season? How many wins will Simmons* add? More than rookie Lebron? More than MVP Nash?

*EDIT - I said Noel instead of Simmons. Fixed

SpaceJam
12-02-2015, 11:13 PM
How it feel an Aussie gonna end up GOAT in America's league :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

plowking
12-02-2015, 11:15 PM
How many wins do the Sixers get this season? How many wins will Noel add? More than rookie Lebron? More than MVP Nash?

Some time to mature and development and they could be a great team.

Okafor just needs a bit of help and they could turn things around. Adding Simmons and a decent PG next seasons could turn Philly into a playoff team straight away.

EDIT: I would like to see him on the Lakers though. More potential for greatness there, and he clearly has "it". Him going to the Lakers would be great for Aussie basketball too. I'd definitely become a Lakers fan if it were to happen.

SpaceJam
12-02-2015, 11:18 PM
Some time to mature and development and they could be a great team.

Okafor just needs a bit of help and they could turn things around. Adding Simmons and a decent PG next seasons could turn Philly into a playoff team straight away.

EDIT: I would like to see him on the Lakers though. More potential for greatness there, and he clearly has "it". Him going to the Lakers would be great for Aussie basketball too. I'd definitely become a Lakers fan if it were to happen.

This, Bulls fan first. But I got a spot for Lakers cause I'm a Kobe fan (yeah yeah) Simmons on the Lakers would be the best outcome to be honest

MMM
12-02-2015, 11:19 PM
How's his post game?
If he can't shoot he better have some God damn post moves

JimmyMcAdocious
12-02-2015, 11:20 PM
Future Pelican.

Fallen Angel
12-02-2015, 11:20 PM
How's his post game?
If he can't shoot he better have some God damn post moves
ever heard of this kid Lebron?

plowking
12-02-2015, 11:24 PM
I put the game on record before I left for work today. Will actually watch it now knowing he played well.

AirTupac
12-02-2015, 11:25 PM
LOL Laker fans expecting to get this kid. Please, we're on a rollercoaster thats been going down for years in terms of the luck we have. We'll lose the pick, I feel it.

MMM
12-02-2015, 11:26 PM
ever heard of this kid Lebron?

And despite being an immense talent not having a post game and reliable jumpshot robed him of a lot of success. Outside of that I don't really buy into the LeBron or Blake comparisons for Simmons

SugarHill
12-02-2015, 11:28 PM
And despite being an immense talent not having a post game and reliable jumpshot robed him of a lot of success. Outside of that I don't really buy into the LeBron or Blake comparisons for Simmons
would not be surprised one bit if he ends up better than blake

MMM
12-02-2015, 11:32 PM
would not be surprised one bit if he ends up better than blake

Maybe I'm wrong but is his athleticism really comparable to those two?

Seems like he has great body control but feel he is a notc below them in terms of athleticism. Which is a big reason why I don't have Simmons on that teir

tmacattack33
12-02-2015, 11:34 PM
How many wins do the Sixers get this season? How many wins will Simmons* add? More than rookie Lebron? More than MVP Nash?

*EDIT - I said Noel instead of Simmons. Fixed

If/when the Sixers actually want to start winning, I'm pretty sure they'll waive a bunch of the d league level players who are currently on their roster and add some solid role players.

So, it'd be something like this:

PG: Mario Chalmers or some low level PG
SG: Shumpert or a another 3 and D guy
SF: Ben Simmons
PF: Noel
C: Okafor

And that could be a sick team by 2018 lol

Pushxx
12-02-2015, 11:43 PM
He's gonna need a godly mid-range jumper and post game if he wants to dominate the NBA like college. I believe in him.

SwishSquared
12-02-2015, 11:49 PM
He's gonna need a godly mid-range jumper and post game if he wants to dominate the NBA like college. I believe in him.Idk if he'll develop the mid-range jumper, but I can see him having an effective post game. Especially passing out of the post- I think he can be really good in that capacity.

Sportal
12-02-2015, 11:50 PM
Holy **** please don't be a Laker.

ShawkFactory
12-02-2015, 11:53 PM
Can we wait a second? Beasley scored 40+ with 10+ boards like 4 times as a freshman.

Against teams like Kansas.

He's a stud but let's wait and see what he does against the elites.

Like...his team just scored 119 points. That's literally never going to happen again. They may not get within 30 of that again.

Fallen Angel
12-03-2015, 12:27 AM
Ben Simmons looks like a sure thing. At 6'10" being able to rebound, take the ball coast to coast, and either pass the ball or finish around the rim will serve him extremely well in his first couple years in the league.

We haven't seen a player with his tools for a game packaged in a strong 6'10" body. I can't possibly see a way he turns out to be a bust, he'll be a regular All-Star in the league within 2-3 years.

Sportal
12-03-2015, 12:59 AM
Can we wait a second? Beasley scored 40+ with 10+ boards like 4 times as a freshman.

Like...his team just scored 119 points. That's literally never going to happen again. They may not get within 30 of that again.

Could Beas pass or dribble like Simmons? Defend like Simmons?

plowking
12-03-2015, 01:09 AM
He's gonna need a godly mid-range jumper and post game if he wants to dominate the NBA like college. I believe in him.

Given his athleticism and natural ability, a godly midrange game isn't really necessary. It would be nice if he improves a bit though. But isn't he shooting nearly 80% from the free throw line? Pretty good indicator of his shooting ability and potential.

Does he not have a decent post game already? Every time I see him he is overpowering defenders in the post. Doesn't have to be too pretty when you're 6'9.

FreezingTsmoove
12-03-2015, 01:10 AM

Beasley was superstar talented just lacked work ethic. Getting drafted to Miami was part of the problem

Kevin_Garnett_5
12-03-2015, 01:15 AM
If there is a god, he'll end up in Boston.

Hittin_Shots
12-03-2015, 01:17 AM
Pick up ya game brooklyn, we dont want any more wins from you this year and throw in the next two years for good measure.

Pushxx
12-03-2015, 01:27 AM
Given his athleticism and natural ability, a godly midrange game isn't really necessary. It would be nice if he improves a bit though. But isn't he shooting nearly 80% from the free throw line? Pretty good indicator of his shooting ability and potential.

Does he not have a decent post game already? Every time I see him he is overpowering defenders in the post. Doesn't have to be too pretty when you're 6'9.

I think it is necesary. He does incredible damage exclusively inside the paint, but he needs to learn how to change pace when he's making moves in the paint...he needs counter moves, ways to deal with being shaded to help defense, etc.

He definitely needs to develop an elite 10-15 foot range game if he wants to be a top 10 NBA player. He's not a center, so he needs to extend his repertoire a couple feet or his team will suffer.

10 feet and in is just not enough of a range for someone who should have the ball in his hands so much.

Fallen Angel
12-03-2015, 01:35 AM
If there is a god, he'll end up in Boston.
His game is too flashy for Boston, although his emotionless face could make him less appealing.

Boston usually has gritty players as their franchise centerpiece.

Fallen Angel
12-03-2015, 01:38 AM
Simmons will have a great career with the Houston Rockets.

Beverley
Harden
Durant
Simmons
Capela

I smell a dynasty

Pushxx
12-03-2015, 02:24 AM
Simmons will have a great career with the Houston Rockets.

Beverley
Harden
Durant
Simmons
Capela

I smell a dynasty

Harden + Simmons would be even worse than Harden + Lawson.

Their games aren't compatible.

RRR3
12-03-2015, 02:28 AM
next LeBron

JimmyMcAdocious
12-03-2015, 03:05 AM
Maybe my favorite part of his game is how efficient he can be. Had a bad game against Charleston and I know this isn't how stats work, but remove that 7 turnover game and he only has 8 turnovers in his other 6 games. Which is incredible for a guy with his usage and position. Watch him play and he's not really a point forward. The guy is legitimately playing PG most of the game. Like an actual floor general and not some wing who so happens to be a talented passer.

Next coming of Magic.

OmniStrife
12-03-2015, 03:48 AM
How's his outside shot?

CarlosBoozer
12-03-2015, 03:57 AM
76ers dont deserve him, fvck them

OG LeeTSkeeT
12-03-2015, 03:57 AM
If lakers has 1st or 2nd worst record, what are their odds of losing the pick? also if they get 1 or 2... skal isn't a bad consolation. Jaylen Brown is eh. Josh Jackson looks sick in 2017 however. Maybe better than Ben Simmons. Lakers pick is also top 3 protected in 2017 if we get a pick in 2016, but we prob won't be that bad 2 years in a row to get a top 3 pick back to back years? If we do then I guess we have a good chance of either getting a top 3 pick at least within the next 2 years if we lose our pick this year we probably can get Josh Jackson or whoever 2017. I just don't want Philly to get a lottery pick from us from all their tanking these past few years.

SwishSquared
12-03-2015, 04:06 AM
If lakers has 1st or 2nd worst record, what are their odds of losing the pick? also if they get 1 or 2... skal isn't a bad consolation. Jaylen Brown is eh. Josh Jackson looks sick in 2017 however. Maybe better than Ben Simmons. Lakers pick is also top 3 protected in 2017 if we get a pick in 2016, but we prob won't be that bad 2 years in a row to get a top 3 pick back to back years? If we do then I guess we have a good chance of either getting a top 3 pick at least within the next 2 years if we lose our pick this year we probably can get Josh Jackson or whoever 2017. I just don't want Philly to get a lottery pick from us from all their tanking these past few years.35% chance of losing pick if they have the worst record. Might be mid 40s-50% or so if they have second worst.

Jyap9675
12-03-2015, 05:00 AM
Wow lebronesque! For real tho this guy needs to develop his jumper.

Fallen Angel
12-03-2015, 06:21 AM
We don't even know if he's a bad jumpshooter, he just doesn't showcase it. He's playing more like a PF than a SF.

I'd rather have a player his size take the ball strong to the rim if he isn't an elite shooter like Durant.

Joshumitsu
12-03-2015, 06:50 AM
He'd look great next to a shooter. I'm thinking Lillard (maybe D'Angelo Russell).

Lillard+Simmons would be next great duo if it happened.

dabigbaws
12-03-2015, 06:54 AM
ive watched 3 highlight videos and this ***** didnt take one jumpshot

Fallen Angel
12-03-2015, 07:19 AM
Wow lebronesque! For real tho this guy needs to develop his jumper.
Nobody in college can defend him on the drive. He's doing the right thing.

It's not like he can't have a great rookie season in the NBA without a jumpshot (which we don't know whether he's a good shooter or not).

midatlantic09
12-03-2015, 09:12 AM

To be fair, if he ends up in Philly, they'll most certainly stop the tank and actually start to build. The tank has only continued because they have no one to build around right now.

-Okafor is a very good player, but he's not exactly a franchise player (although he'll probably make a few all-star teams during his career).
-Embiid hasn't even played yet.
-Noel is really just a no-offense role player who provides defense and energy....definitely not someone you want to build an actual team around.
-MCW was never a franchise caliber player, but rather a guy who put up decent numbers simply because the team had no one else.

midatlantic09
12-03-2015, 09:30 AM
I have a feeling he'll end up going to an eastern conference team. Not necessarily the Sixers, but possibly a team like the Nets or Milwaukee.

JohnnySic
12-03-2015, 09:34 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ewnJfrpirFs/VkEN2y2cslI/AAAAAAAAUi4/YRAamLGGAlg/s1600/unnamed-17.jpg

Fallen Angel
12-03-2015, 09:39 AM
ClutchFans brought up how Simmons looks more like a bigger Grant Hill than Lebron or Lamar.

He looks like a sure thing in the pros.

Styles p
12-03-2015, 02:37 PM

oh right because they're going to continue to tank even after they finally get their super star :rolleyes: . do people forget that top picks go to shitty teams? it's on them to turn that shitty team into a good team.

BoutPractice
12-03-2015, 02:48 PM
I truly hope one of the non-tanking teams gets him.

Nash
12-03-2015, 03:01 PM
looking like a playoff lebron stat

Styles p
12-03-2015, 03:19 PM
I truly hope one of the non-tanking teams gets him.
I truly hope your mom sucks my cawk.

Jyap9675
12-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Nobody in college can defend him on the drive. He's doing the right thing.

It's not like he can't have a great rookie season in the NBA without a jumpshot (which we don't know whether he's a good shooter or not).

Do you really want him to just keep driving? All I'm saying is to gradually keep training that J, and maybe do it in-game now as well to get that experience.

TripleA
12-03-2015, 04:00 PM
He is a poor shooter.
Lack of confidence in his shot.
Saw him live in warmups in high school he airballed two threes.

90sgoat
12-03-2015, 04:13 PM
ClutchFans brought up how Simmons looks more like a bigger Grant Hill than Lebron or Lamar.

He looks like a sure thing in the pros.

Think I'll have to watch this kid.

A bigger Grant Hill would be very promising indeed, Hill was also mainly a slasher in his youth.

90sgoat
12-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Just watched some highlight vids and I think the Grant Hill comparisons are pretty good.

He is clearly a slasher first and foremost and an open court player. His playmaking looks fairly basic, I wouldn't call it a strong point even, it's more of the Lebron drive and kick type, certainly not Magic.

His shooting form is pretty suspect though, doesn't look smooth at all, he should probably hire a shooting coach and totally revamp his stroke like MKG.

He seems to want to dominate the ball quite a lot, which is a negative, since an off ball game would help him.

He is much more fluid than Lebron, doesn't seem all that powerful like Hill, more like a stronger Durant.

Overall impression, poor shooter, great slasher, decent playmaker, high bball IQ.

For once, the hype train looks fairly justified, certainly a much better prospect than Wiggins.

Clifton
12-03-2015, 05:26 PM
He'd look great next to a shooter. I'm thinking Lillard (maybe D'Angelo Russell).
That would be a great fit.

Drexler, Roy, Simmons. Smooth, talented wing players who can pass.

Lillard and he would be a great duo.

GOBB
12-03-2015, 05:32 PM
Maybe my favorite part of his game is how efficient he can be. Had a bad game against Charleston and I know this isn't how stats work, but remove that 7 turnover game and he only has 8 turnovers in his other 6 games. Which is incredible for a guy with his usage and position. Watch him play and he's not really a point forward. The guy is legitimately playing PG most of the game. Like an actual floor general and not some wing who so happens to be a talented passer.

Next coming of Magic.

Yeah he's a PG to me until proven otherwise. He plays just like one in the half court, out on a break. He has those Rondo moments where he could score but elects to kick it out. Just wish he would work on his outside game vs no name teams like he just played. It would make him way more dangerous because you don't know how to defend him. Right now? He loves taking u off the dribble and attacking the rim. Sag off, clog paint. Make someone else on LSU play hero.

GOBB
12-03-2015, 05:33 PM
I have a feeling he'll end up going to an eastern conference team. Not necessarily the Sixers, but possibly a team like the Nets or Milwaukee.

Impossible to land on the Nets since Boston owns their pick. :oldlol:

Good job Billy King. He should be doing fed time.

IGOTGAME
01-02-2016, 10:21 PM
who is the better prospect, Simmons or Ingram?

Fallen Angel
01-02-2016, 10:24 PM
6'10", 240 lbs. athletic playmaker who can rebound and defend

I haven't watched Ingram, but he'd have to be damn good to surpass Simmons.

IGOTGAME
01-02-2016, 10:28 PM
6'10", 240 lbs. athletic playmaker who can rebound and defend

I haven't watched Ingram, but he'd have to be damn good to surpass Simmons.

I havent watch much of either but Ingram's highlights looked like the real deal. Gonna start following them now...

btw...Simmons is playing now.

outbreak
01-02-2016, 10:28 PM
the worry with simmons is that he could be michael beasley but you have to think simmons is FAR more switched on though and puts in more effort without the off court issues. i just mean that i don't want to get a head of myself with the hype because he still has holes in his game he will need to fix in the pros when it comes to shooting and the style of plays he scores on (usually he's so much more athletic and bigger than defenders which won't happen in the nba), don't get me wrong i think he's an amazing prospect but i'm waiting before jumping on the bandwagon at this point

GOBB
01-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Simmons still not shooting.

IGOTGAME
01-02-2016, 10:40 PM

yea, that is what I'm worried about. Guy doesnt even try to shot...ever. But you never know...maybe he is so good of an athlete he won't need a jumper in the NBA??

Brandon Ingram doing it all though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xyhf5SsqpY

RedBlackAttack
01-02-2016, 10:48 PM
yea, that is what I'm worried about. Guy doesnt even try to shot...ever. But you never know...maybe he is so good of an athlete he won't need a jumper in the NBA??

KD-light. Literally and figuratively.

Based on the limited film I've seen, Simmons probably has the higher upside, but Ingram is more of a sure thing. Having a smooth shooting stroke at that size will make him very useful in the NBA.

outbreak
01-02-2016, 10:51 PM

dunno i'm kinda starting to think the casuals who expect every prospect to dominate right out of the gates will ride him as a bust his first season in the nba due to the lack of shooting and the time it'll take to adapt to the superior size and speed in the nba. Not that he'll be a bust but riding the hype of such a dominant college career people will expect him to dominate day one and i don't think he's well rounded enough for that

Fallen Angel
01-02-2016, 11:02 PM
You can have a good offense even if he doesn't spread the floor himself.

He'd be a PF on most teams in the league, but if he gets drafted to a roster that already has a quality starting stretch PF then he'd be able to play the starting SF position since there would already be enough floor space for a decent offense.

If he'd be able to get away playing the SF position with his size and rebounding, watch out league.

Sportal
01-02-2016, 11:13 PM
Ben Simmons can get you 10+ assists, is that Beasley? No, no it's not.

Is Ingram a tweener? The NBA has a habit of having tweeners go #2 and disappearing, ala Beasley/Derrick Williams.

Edit; watched the video, yeah, ok...he does look a little Durant-lite.

Would still take Simmons' intangibles. Seems to offer a lot more, at the moment. Only January tho.

IGOTGAME
01-02-2016, 11:26 PM
this guy is a special talent but if he is really gonna be a non-shooter then its gonna be pretty hard putting a team around him. I think he will find a way to put it all together and I think you will AT LEAST get an all star.

d.bball.guy
01-02-2016, 11:50 PM
He already looks good in purple and gold *wink wink*

Anyway, met this dude when he was still with his Australian hs team. Cool dude, gave us all high fives lol. Always knew he would be at least a lottery pick but I can't believe he's a projected #1 now.

GOBB
01-02-2016, 11:58 PM
You can have a good offense even if he doesn't spread the floor himself.

He'd be a PF on most teams in the league, but if he gets drafted to a roster that already has a quality starting stretch PF then he'd be able to play the starting SF position since there would already be enough floor space for a decent offense.

If he'd be able to get away playing the SF position with his size and rebounding, watch out league.

Depends on the team. If I have the top pick I'm taking him. But he has no low post/back to baskets moves. He's a face up forward so is he able to score effectively at the next level the same way he does in college? Even Julius Randle is shooting the rock. Not implying Randle can shoot but he makes attempts. Ben isn't even looking. It is crazy how he can impact the game without taking a single jumper. I just wish he would try it, what can it hurt? Take 3-5 jumpers per game doesn't even have to be 3's.

I dont know if he can defend NBA Pg's, if he can then f*ck it put him there as a Magic. :lol

I look at my Sixers and we have Oak, Noel, Embiid, Saric if he comes. Where does Ben fit? Has to be at SF. If true, then where is the floor spacing? Ben would be the best ball handler, passer outside of Ish Smith/Kendall Marshall. So that is a plus but I dunno.

Human Error
01-03-2016, 12:06 AM
He should have just went to Duke or Kentucky

No need to be going so hard in college

Dont want to see the bro get hurt and end up like Jabari
Jabari went to Duke. :confusedshrug:

90sgoat
01-03-2016, 12:07 AM
He needs a shooting coach akin to MKG to fix his completely broken form, he needs to learn to shoot from zero again. It can be done, look at how Jimmy Butler improved with just one season. As we had in another discussion, if Jason Kidd can become an elite 3 point shooter then Ben Simmons can also learn to shoot, but it's maddening that he hasn't been practising proper form all year long with his college team, how does that happen?

IGOTGAME
01-03-2016, 12:09 AM
He needs a shooting coach akin to MKG to fix his completely broken form, he needs to learn to shoot from zero again. It can be done, look at how Jimmy Butler improved with just one season. As we had in another discussion, if Jason Kidd can become an elite 3 point shooter then Ben Simmons can also learn to shoot, but it's maddening that he hasn't been practising proper form all year long with his college team, how does that happen?

most coaches dont want to mess with it during the season.

btw...his shot is all arms. its would take a lot to fix.

GOBB
01-03-2016, 12:10 AM

The same argument used for Kidd was used for MCW. As of today he cant shoot the 3 still. No improvement whatsoever.

GOBB
01-03-2016, 12:11 AM
36-14-4 without a single jumper is crazy tho. Anyone know of past prospects that effected a game like that coming out of college? Mind drawin a blank at the moment.

Fallen Angel
01-03-2016, 12:14 AM
Simmons is a great slasher with excellent touch, which is a forgotten part of his game.

He should be the consensus #1 pick.

broy_mvp
01-03-2016, 12:16 AM
He is just a bigger, taller Tony Wroten.

Fallen Angel
01-03-2016, 12:30 AM
You're not serious right...

Wroten shot 44% in college and 58% from the free throw line.

oarabbus
01-03-2016, 12:55 AM
I can see Simmons going first overall but are people need to chill on this all timer talk... he may be able to overpower kids in college and not need a jumpshot but it'll be much different when it's someone like Draymomd Green or Luol Deng on the other end

JimmyMcAdocious
01-03-2016, 02:19 AM
The problem I have with Ingram is that I don't think that frame fills out too much.

btw, Vandy is a really solid team. Very likely in the tournament, unless they **** up in the shit show that is the SEC. So people saying wait until he plays someone good well there it is. Good experienced roster and they have NBA talent (Damian Jones and Baldwin). Kenpom 26, even after the loss today.

deja vu
01-03-2016, 02:23 AM
Can't shoot a jumper? Might as well play in the post all the time.

If you think he can just drive his way to the rim all the time in the NBA, you're sadly mistaken.

Sportal
01-03-2016, 05:20 AM
What a statline... Considering he doesn't shoot much. Is his jumper really that broken? He's getting his points during the offense... He's not getting heaps of iso plays, for maybe the obvious reason of, he "cannot" shoot.

Is it cannot? Will not? Doesn't need to?

FreezingTsmoove
01-03-2016, 06:00 AM
Jabari went to Duke. :confusedshrug:

I meant Jabari tore his acl and now hes a 1/10th of the player he could have been. And thats really putting it in a nice way. Jabari was the ****ing truth, one of the saddest injuries of the decade imo

Anyway I think Ingram is absolutely amazing. He is only 18, a true freshman. Didnt reclassify like Ben and many other elite NBA prospects

I would say hes better than Ben right now

But of course these guys arent even half the players they will be next year. Barely scratching the sufrace but the mold they have is a sight to behold

If I have the number one pick though im taking Ingram

raprap
01-03-2016, 06:17 AM
Please be a Celtic or a Laker

pastis
01-03-2016, 06:30 AM
kobe wont retire/comes back if LA drafts/trade simmons

Fallen Angel
01-03-2016, 06:46 AM
Can't shoot a jumper? Might as well play in the post all the time.

If you think he can just drive his way to the rim all the time in the NBA, you're sadly mistaken.
He attacks the basket because he knows nobody in CBB can contain him at 6'10", 240 lbs. with his ability to slash to the bucket.

The more I start to puzzle together what kind of player Simmons will be in the pros the more I grow indecisive.

One game you look at his playmaking ability and transition game and think to yourself he's the next Lebron, but then you watch another game and see him dominate from dunks, layups, rebounds and you think to yourself he'll be the next Blake Griffin.

One thing's for sure is that he's a NBA PF.

Cocaine80s
01-03-2016, 06:54 AM
I meant Jabari tore his acl and now hes a 1/10th of the player he could have been. And thats really putting it in a nice way. Jabari was the ****ing truth, one of the saddest injuries of the decade imo

Anyway I think Ingram is absolutely amazing. He is only 18, a true freshman. Didnt reclassify like Ben and many other elite NBA prospects

But of course these guys arent even half the players they will be next year. Barely scratching the sufrace but the mold they have is a sight to behold

I bet you probably didnt even watch Jabari play a single game this year :oldlol:

plowking
01-03-2016, 07:19 AM
The problem I have with Ingram is that I don't think that frame fills out too much.

btw, Vandy is a really solid team. Very likely in the tournament, unless they **** up in the shit show that is the SEC. So people saying wait until he plays someone good well there it is. Good experienced roster and they have NBA talent (Damian Jones and Baldwin). Kenpom 26, even after the loss today.

Yeah. Completely agree on Ingram. Dude is the typical talent you see in college that gets overhyped IMO. People doubt Simmons' athleticism, but I really don't see the pace or first step with Ingram to be good enough to get inside in the pros. At least you know Simmons can bully his way inside even in the pro game. He'll be too big for even big SF's in the NBA.

Don't know why everyone is worried about him not shooting enough... That is all he'll be told to do once he gets to the big leagues. He will be the best player on the team from day 1, and will take on that responsibility.

GIF REACTION
01-03-2016, 07:52 AM
Yeah. Completely agree on Ingram. Dude is the typical talent you see in college that gets overhyped IMO. People doubt Simmons' athleticism, but I really don't see the pace or first step with Ingram to be good enough to get inside in the pros. At least you know Simmons can bully his way inside even in the pro game. He'll be too big for even big SF's in the NBA.

Don't know why everyone is worried about him not shooting enough... That is all he'll be told to do once he gets to the big leagues. He will be the best player on the team from day 1, and will take on that responsibility.
:applause:

Even with porous shooting, He's going to be a nightmare... When they back off him he can still get to the rim, and he posts it up

He's way too athletic and crafty at that size to not be great

He's like a Blake Griffin-Lebron lite. A bigger Grant Hill some say... Either way, if Griffin could put up 22/12 in his rookie season with no shot.... Simmons shouldn't be a problem... Honestly, he can jump just as high, is more crafty and is generally more athletic overall. A little bit younger, but even so I'll imagine pretty good stats. 15-20 points for sure, 5-10 rebounds, 4-8 assists... Even if he averages 15/5/4, that's still a decent rookie season.

IMO I think he'll average 19/7/6

Bookmark this

plowking
01-03-2016, 08:00 AM
:applause:

Even with porous shooting, He's going to be a nightmare... When they back off him he can still get to the rim, and he posts it up

He's way too athletic and crafty at that size to not be great

He's like a Blake Griffin-Lebron lite. A bigger Grant Hill some say... Either way, if Griffin could put up 22/12 in his rookie season with no shot.... Simmons shouldn't be a problem... Honestly, he can jump just as high, is more crafty and is generally more athletic overall. A little bit younger, but even so I'll imagine pretty good stats. 15-20 points for sure, 5-10 rebounds, 4-8 assists... Even if he averages 15/5/4, that's still a decent rookie season.

IMO I think he'll average 19/7/6

Bookmark this

I mean a guy like Tyreke averaged 20/6/5 didn't he?
At the end of the day stats aren't the biggest indicator. He will clearly be a huge factor as soon as he steps onto the court.

Even if he "only" ends up as good as Griffin, then that is amazing. Griffin is an amazing talent and given a few championships over the course of his career, he could be considered a top 10 ever kind of guy.

chips93
01-03-2016, 08:05 AM

good comp

a bigger tony wroten is still a number one pick

GIF REACTION
01-03-2016, 08:07 AM
I mean a guy like Tyreke averaged 20/6/5 didn't he?
At the end of the day stats aren't the biggest indicator. He will clearly be a huge factor as soon as he steps onto the court.

Even if he "only" ends up as good as Griffin, then that is amazing. Griffin is an amazing talent and given a few championships over the course of his career, he could be considered a top 10 ever kind of guy.
At worst he's like a 6-10 Supercharged Rondo

The guys that can't shoot in the league do other things exceptionally well

Simmons will be fine

If Draymond and Kawhi can become good shooters, there is not reason why Simmons can't... Hell even Rondo is hitting 3s at a serviceable rate this season. They're going to give him a hell of a lot of room to shoot so it will come eventually. It came for Lebron it came for Griffin. Simmons to me seems to have all the drive and determination of a winner in the league. I think the aussie heritage and coming in as an international at a certain point has given him perspective. I like my odds with a guy of his character

GIF REACTION
01-03-2016, 08:11 AM
His accent is freaking hilarious

halfway between a black american dude and an australian

G-Funk
01-03-2016, 09:02 AM
Don't sleep on Ingram

tragicbronson
01-03-2016, 09:13 AM

Wrong dude, as someone here said, you probably didn't watch him this season.

G-Funk
01-03-2016, 09:37 AM
The positive thing about this kid is his shot is not broken, so it can be worked on and improve.

Secondly, his game is unique he's a mix of Blake/Magic, he's a more athletic Magic Johnson,. Because of that I see him flourishing at Power Forward like Blake but with the ability to bring it up the court like Magic. Think Lebron. Someone who plays point guard out of the wing, I see this kid play that roll just as well out of the post.

G-Funk
01-03-2016, 09:37 AM
The positive thing about This kid is his shot is not broken, so it can be worked on.

Secondly, his game is unique he's a mix of Blake/Magic, he's a more athletic Magic Johnson,. Because of that I see him flourishing at Power Forward like Blake but with the ability to bring it up the court like Magic. Like Lebron who plays point guard out of the wing, I can see this kid play it just as well out of the post.

chocolatethunder
01-03-2016, 09:44 AM
The positive thing about This kid is his shot is not broken, so it can be worked on.

Secondly, his game is unique he's a mix of Blake/Magic, he's a more athletic Magic Johnson,. Because of that I see him flourishing at Power Forward like Blake but with the ability to bring it up the court like Magic. Like Lebron who plays point guard out of the wing, I can see this kid play it just as well out of the post.
That's a good comparison. Also, he looks more like blakes height to me and nowhere near 6'10". I'm not claiming that's true I'm just saying he doesn't seem as tall as advertised. Maybe it's his build. Does anyone else see that?

Nash
01-03-2016, 10:06 AM
say the 76ers get him, can they play him at the 3?

chocolatethunder
01-03-2016, 12:12 PM
say the 76ers get him, can they play him at the 3?
I think possibly yes. He can't shoot but he can do a lot of other things. He doesn't seem particularly long but I can't tell. It's also hard to tell against the comp he's getting this year. I guess we will see.

IGOTGAME
01-03-2016, 12:44 PM
I think possibly yes. He can't shoot but he can do a lot of other things. He doesn't seem particularly long but I can't tell. It's also hard to tell against the comp he's getting this year. I guess we will see.

why would they want to play him at the 3? he seems to have the most advantages at the 4 spot. you just trade pieces to make a guy like Simmons work.

btw...he isnt an ideal fit next to either Okafor or Noel. But that just means they gotta go.

Phantom84
01-03-2016, 02:04 PM
good comp

a bigger tony wroten is still a number one pick

Lol, that is a terrible comp. Wroten's has a low bball iq, no court vision, and can't finish around the rim.

Meticode
01-03-2016, 03:37 PM
I'll laugh my ass off if he went to the Sixers.

Fallen Angel
01-03-2016, 03:41 PM
I'm getting more of a Blake Griffin vibe from Simmons, too.

G-Funk
01-03-2016, 05:15 PM
That's a good comparison. Also, he looks more like blakes height to me and nowhere near 6'10". I'm not claiming that's true I'm just saying he doesn't seem as tall as advertised. Maybe it's his build. Does anyone else see that?

he took a pic with Lebron James and he's about 2 inches taller http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380546&page=2

Check it out 4 yourself

Cocaine80s
01-03-2016, 05:21 PM
I dont see any way that Simmons doesnt go #1 this year unless Ingram has a monster tournament

I think Ingram is gonna be better than Simmons in the NBA though

JimmyMcAdocious
01-03-2016, 05:56 PM

That, too. Are people not realizing Ingram is playing the 4 and sometimes even 5 right now with Jefferson out in these last couple weeks? Watch him earlier when he was at the 3. He's definitely not what I would classify as quick. He was getting burnt on defense pretty badly. He won't have such an advantage in the pros. He's a WG, not a WF.

btw, I like Ingram. Check the hoop summit thread on the college board. I was hyping this guy early last year. But he definitely has some holes as a prospect. Some I don't think he can overcome longterm.

inclinerator
01-03-2016, 06:01 PM
he's putting up crazy number and still only averaging 20??

Cocaine80s
01-03-2016, 06:08 PM
That, too. Are people not realizing Ingram is playing the 4 and sometimes even 5 right now with Jefferson out in these last couple weeks? Watch him earlier when he was at the 3. He's definitely not what I would classify as quick. He was getting burnt on defense pretty badly. He won't have such an advantage in the pros. He's a WG, not a WF.

btw, I like Ingram. Check the hoop summit thread on the college board. I was hyping this guy early last year. But he definitely has some holes as a prospect. Some I don't think he can overcome longterm.
I didn't see KD in college, did he have the quick step he has now back then? I saw a few highlight videos of him at Texas and he seemed a lot slower than he is right now

90sgoat
01-03-2016, 06:28 PM
We have to consider how hyped Wiggins, Okafor etc were before not exactly dominating in the NBA.

Who is to say Simmons isn't just Giannis 2.0?

Fallen Angel
01-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Because Giannis wasn't 240 lbs. at 19 years old.

FreezingTsmoove
01-03-2016, 06:48 PM
Wrong dude, as someone here said, you probably didn't watch him this season.

Jabari aint shit now he would have been a 24 or more ppg player right now

Hes an average 6'8 forward right now because thats how damn talented he is

Tore his freaking acl and in his sophmore season he is still playing average :bowdown:

We will never see the true Jabari though

And w.e you dont know my life and I dont know yours but I have seen him play the Knicks Nets and some days on NBATV

plowking
01-03-2016, 09:04 PM

I'll admit I don't watch anywhere near the amount of college ball some do on here, and it might be the overexposure that often hinders peoples ability to determine who the best player will be out of a draft.

Generally the big, strong, athletic guy is the one who translates well in the league. Add on top of that, a guy as skilled as Simmons is... Crazy talent.

All I've seen from Ingram at this point is a better Channing Frye at his peak, or maybe a slightly worse Chris Bosh at this point in his career (not Toronto Bosh).

chocolatethunder
01-03-2016, 09:09 PM
he took a pic with Lebron James and he's about 2 inches taller http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380546&page=2

Check it out 4 yourself
Gotcha thanks.

chocolatethunder
01-03-2016, 09:13 PM
why would they want to play him at the 3? he seems to have the most advantages at the 4 spot. you just trade pieces to make a guy like Simmons work.

btw...he isnt an ideal fit next to either Okafor or Noel. But that just means they gotta go.
He may have the most advantages at the 4, I thought maybe he could play like a bully three a little because he can pass and do other things I thought maybe they might try it so he could overpower other threes. Who knows. I don't even want okafor here anyway so I don't care about him at all. Noel I like for his hustle and d and not needing the ball. If Embiid were healthy I think a frontline of Embiid, Noel and Simmons could be interesting. It could also be a disaster too but it's intriguing. I'm not sure Embiid will ever play so that's not important. Yes I would let okafor go in a heartbeat to accomodate Simmoms. I don't like him anyway.

JohnFreeman
01-03-2016, 09:14 PM
Australian domination

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

Fallen Angel
01-03-2016, 09:15 PM
I'd be interesting if the Sixers and Lakers draft Simmons, how would they play him? They both have PFs they are really high on developing, so would you play Simmons at the three even though it really hurts the spacing of the team.

G-Funk
01-03-2016, 09:57 PM
I'd be interesting if the Sixers and Lakers draft Simmons, how would they play him? They both have PFs they are really high on developing, so would you play Simmons at the three even though it really hurts the spacing of the team.

They might give him a try at SF, but would more than likely make some trade

raprap
01-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Lol I'd trade randle without a doubt if i got simmons

IGOTGAME
01-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Lol I'd trade randle without a doubt if i got simmons
Might trade Randle anyway

GOBB
01-03-2016, 10:08 PM
I'll admit I don't watch anywhere near the amount of college ball some do on here

No wonder you make comments like this...

All I've seen from Ingram at this point is a better Channing Frye at his peak, or maybe a slightly worse Chris Bosh at this point in his career (not Toronto Bosh).

:oldlol:

Milbuck
01-03-2016, 10:15 PM
Jabari aint shit now he would have been a 24 or more ppg player right now

Hes an average 6'8 forward right now because thats how damn talented he is

Tore his freaking acl and in his sophmore season he is still playing average :bowdown:

We will never see the true Jabari though

And w.e you dont know my life and I dont know yours but I have seen him play the Knicks Nets and some days on NBATV
Please stop posting.

JohnFreeman
01-03-2016, 10:16 PM
Jabari will be a top 10 player in the league by February 2018

Milbuck
01-03-2016, 10:19 PM
Jabari will be a top 10 player in the league by February 2018
Handsome ass post. Damn.

plowking
01-03-2016, 10:58 PM
No wonder you make comments like this...

In general from the limited amount I watch I've made pretty reasonable conclusions.

Out of the last couple of drafts I thought:
Okafor would be the best this year.
Wiggins before that.
Otto Porter before that.
I thought Andre Drummond would be the best player in the Anthony Davis draft.

Hardly a bad rap... The hyper athletes, or guys with size advantages end up usually being the best. Nearly all the top 10 are guys who were ahead of their opponents athletically more so than skill wise.

Ingram doesn't look all that good. I was actually a big fan of Durant coming out of college, and yet Ingram is getting some of those comparisons and I'm not impressed.

We can all laugh at each others predictions, but none of us know for now. I just think it is blatantly obvious that Simmons is far and away ahead of him. He just does so much more on the court. Not even an Australia bias thing, since I said Exum would suck ass, and he did. Simmons is just one of the best prospects I've seen in a while.

IGOTGAME
01-03-2016, 11:03 PM
In general from the limited amount I watch I've made pretty reasonable conclusions.

Out of the last couple of drafts I thought:
Okafor would be the best this year.
Wiggins before that.
Otto Porter before that.
I thought Andre Drummond would be the best player in the Anthony Davis draft.

Hardly a bad rap... The hyper athletes, or guys with size advantages end up usually being the best. Nearly all the top 10 are guys who were ahead of their opponents athletically more so than skill wise.

Ingram doesn't look all that good. I was actually a big fan of Durant coming out of college, and yet Ingram is getting some of those comparisons and I'm not impressed.

We can all laugh at each others predictions, but none of us know for now. I just think it is blatantly obvious that Simmons is far and away ahead of him. He just does so much more on the court. Not even an Australia bias thing, since I said Exum would suck ass, and he did. Simmons is just one of the best prospects I've seen in a while.

The fact that you said Simmons will be a better player isn't laughable. But comparing Ingram's game to Channing Fryes game is a joke and should be called out. They play nothing alike.

FreezingTsmoove
01-03-2016, 11:10 PM
Please stop posting.

The truth hurts :lol

Nick Young
01-03-2016, 11:13 PM
He already is wearing purple and gold.

#DESTINY

Fallen Angel
01-03-2016, 11:22 PM
Ben Simmons' measurements are greater than that of Blake Griffin. His best comparison in terms of body type is with the rookie Trey Lyles who plays in Utah.

plowking
01-04-2016, 01:14 AM
The fact that you said Simmons will be a better player isn't laughable. But comparing Ingram's game to Channing Fryes game is a joke and should be called out. They play nothing alike.

Sure, comparing to his college game he doesn't. Given his limitations, you never know what his play will be like in the NBA.

I remember the hype around McLemore too... I never saw what was special about him then. I was told he could do so much, and look at what he is now, on a team like the Kings.

oarabbus
01-04-2016, 01:59 AM
Ben Simmons' measurements are greater than that of Blake Griffin. His best comparison in terms of body type is with the rookie Trey Lyles who plays in Utah.

This guy would rather have Lyles than Griffin?

bluechox2
01-04-2016, 02:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/tWWKzQa.jpg
isnt he a wing player?

FreezingTsmoove
01-04-2016, 02:20 AM
Sure, comparing to his college game he doesn't. Given his limitations, you never know what his play will be like in the NBA.

I remember the hype around McLemore too... I never saw what was special about him then. I was told he could do so much, and look at what he is now, on a team like the Kings.

McLemore was only hyped because it was a shitty weak draft. Plus anyone with a brain, and anyone who follows HS basketball and College knew McLemore was a pu$$y ass bitch

WHAT KIND OF a man of his size, ranked in the top 50 HS DECIDES to redshirt his freshman year of college basketball :lol

Plus Ingram is only 18 dominating the NCAA. He deserves all the hype he has done everything the right way

HurricaneKid
01-04-2016, 12:40 PM

Nerlins is a 5 in todays league. As is Okafor. As is Embiid. I don't know how you could possibly have two of those guys plus Simmons on the floor at the same time and compete at the highest level.

As for the Lakers, I assume you are talking about Randle who has never shown he can be an average NBA player much less an elite player that would impact a team's willingness to take a top 5 draft talent over the past 20 years.

But Simmons is worth ALL of them COMBINED. You build around superstars and like it or not, Simmons is going to be one.

Fallen Angel
01-04-2016, 12:51 PM
This guy would rather have Lyles than Griffin?
?

I'm pointing out Ben Simmons' best player comparison in terms of body build

Fallen Angel
01-04-2016, 12:54 PM
isnt he a wing player?
He's a once in a generation player.

His primary position will be PF and secondary will be SF.

IGOTGAME
01-04-2016, 12:55 PM
Nerlins is a 5 in todays league. As is Okafor. As is Embiid. I don't know how you could possibly have two of those guys plus Simmons on the floor at the same time and compete at the highest level.

As for the Lakers, I assume you are talking about Randle who has never shown he can be an average NBA player much less an elite player that would impact a team's willingness to take a top 5 draft talent over the past 20 years.

But Simmons is worth ALL of them COMBINED. You build around superstars and like it or not, Simmons is going to be one.

I'm high on Simmons but Im sure he is a top 5 draft talent of the past 20 years.

feyki
01-04-2016, 12:56 PM
Simmons = new Marvin Williams

Skal = New Duncan

ShawkFactory
01-04-2016, 01:04 PM

Skal = New Duncan
HUH??

Marvin Williams was a bench player his freshman year. That pick (which is one of the worst of all time when you consider CP3 and Deron Williams went back-to-back behind him) was based purely on potential.

Duncan, on the other hand, was a fantastic producer and played all 4 years at an amazing level.

Simmons is producing, Skal isn't really.

Don't see those comps at all.

G-Funk
01-04-2016, 01:06 PM

Skal = New Duncan
Skal is soft

feyki
01-04-2016, 01:07 PM
HUH??

Marvin Williams was a bench player his freshman year. That pick (which is one of the worst of all time when you consider CP3 and Deron Williams went back-to-back behind him) was based purely on potential.

Duncan, on the other hand, was a fantastic producer and played all 4 years at an amazing level.

Simmons is producing, Skal isn't really.

Don't see those comps at all.

Wait and see them in nba .

FrenchDude
01-04-2016, 01:08 PM
He did attempt a jumpshot.

http://youtu.be/lsjKL8EDaWs

feyki
01-04-2016, 01:08 PM
Skal is soft

No , he isn't soft . He has just more perimeter playing .

Fallen Angel
01-04-2016, 01:11 PM
He did attempt a jumpshot.

http://youtu.be/lsjKL8EDaWs
Honestly painful to watch, but I still stick with the fact that he should be the consensus number one pick.

ShawkFactory
01-04-2016, 01:19 PM
Wait and see them in nba .
I'm just curious as to why you say that. Simmons' game is nothing like Marvin Williams' was.

Williams was a PF with a sweet stroke. Simmons is a penetrator with fantastic playmaking skills.

feyki
01-04-2016, 01:26 PM
I'm just curious as to why you say that. Simmons' game is nothing like Marvin Williams' was.

Williams was a PF with a sweet stroke. Simmons is a penetrator with fantastic playmaking skills.

Yes , Marvin Williams with better playmaking and worse shooting .

IGOTGAME
01-04-2016, 01:44 PM
is LSU a talented team? why is there record so mediocre?

ralph_i_el
01-04-2016, 01:58 PM
All he has to do is develop a spot up 3 point shot and he can be an all-star 4 in the NBA. If he doesn't **** up a teams spacing, and forces people to come out and defend him, he'll be able to put his driving and handle to good use.

HurricaneKid
01-04-2016, 01:58 PM
I'm high on Simmons but Im sure he is a top 5 draft talent of the past 20 years.

_______
LeBron
Oden
AD
________

KD
Simmons

You can probably throw Wall, Dwight, and maybe a few others in that tier. But it seems entirely reasonable to me.

That also puts him as the 2nd best prospect in the last 9 years.

IGOTGAME
01-04-2016, 02:05 PM
_______
LeBron
Oden
AD
________

KD
Simmons

You can probably throw Wall, Dwight, and maybe a few others in that tier. But it seems entirely reasonable to me.

That also puts him as the 2nd best prospect in the last 9 years.

I'd put KD, Kobe, TMac, Embiid, AI all over Simmons.

I'd put Simmons as compatible to Rose.

There just hasn't been healthy great prospects for awhile. The top talent in the NBA isn't at a great level now imo

SwishSquared
01-04-2016, 02:12 PM
is LSU a talented team? why is there record so mediocre?Aside from Simmons, it's not a great team actually. I also think their coaching staff is underwhelming. If Simmons wanted to win a bunch of games, he would have gone to a different school.

Fallen Angel
01-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Chad Ford's ranking of the Top 25 prospects between 2000-2014

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/233818/Ford-Ranks-Top-25-Prospects-Between-2000-2014

Fallen Angel
01-04-2016, 02:31 PM
All he has to do is develop a spot up 3 point shot and he can be an all-star 4 in the NBA. If he doesn't **** up a teams spacing, and forces people to come out and defend him, he'll be able to put his driving and handle to good use.
He'll play PF, he can get away with not having a jumpshot.

Blake Griffin averaged 22/12/4 as a rookie with a similar skillset as Simmons.

HurricaneKid
01-04-2016, 03:00 PM

There just hasn't been healthy great prospects for awhile. The top talent in the NBA isn't at a great level now imo

WTF?

You think guys that were taken 9th/12th were more celebrated prospects?

You also don't seem to have even a cursory understanding of todays game but there is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to start. Embiid? He was on DND lists for multiple teams. Do you think there were teams saying they wouldn't take LeBron?

IGOTGAME
01-04-2016, 03:10 PM
WTF?

You think guys that were taken 9th/12th were more celebrated prospects?

You also don't seem to have even a cursory understanding of todays game but there is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to start. Embiid? He was on DND lists for multiple teams. Do you think there were teams saying they wouldn't take LeBron?

Is the conversation about most talented or most celebrated(your posted talked about top talents)..because they are very different. Kobe was more talented but less celebrated because of the time he was drafted. But just because contempories didn't recognize doesn't mean he wasn't more talented.

I'm saying more talented players have come into the league in the last 20 years. I could care less about how much certain guys were celebrated at a particular time

GOBB
01-04-2016, 05:52 PM

I'd like to see the agility tests to see how they measure up. Blake just seems like the more explosive and stronger athlete.

Fallen Angel
01-25-2016, 02:39 PM
Showed off a little bit of a midrange game vs. Alabama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2axt4uVdVkE

Alabama dared him to shoot the ball and he did so.

veilside23
01-25-2016, 03:06 PM
i dont think he is a bad shooter he is just playing big for his team, i dont know if they have a player taller than him.

he is shooting 72.8% from free throw considering he is getting fouled a lot i wont pay attention to his jumpshot. Even Leonard was a bad shooter so that's the least of my worries for Ben.

I don't know if he is a top talent the last 20 years dont want him to be that bad as a bust. I would wait until he gets into the NBA

wally_world
01-25-2016, 04:13 PM
Bledsoe
Booker
Warren
Simmons
Len

90sgoat
01-25-2016, 04:27 PM

That's what happens when AAU iso ball becomes the norm and players don't go to college.

IGOTGAME
01-30-2016, 06:14 PM

Think I've seen enough...this kid can do everything out there.very impressive

Fallen Angel
01-30-2016, 06:17 PM
One underrated quality that every great player in the league has is their ability to work hard. Ben Simmons looks like a no nonsense player.

FreezingTsmoove
01-30-2016, 06:38 PM

Based on what? Jumpshooting?

Truth
01-30-2016, 06:41 PM
All hype.

Calling it now.

Wealthy man's Darius miles.

Gus Hemmingway
01-30-2016, 06:43 PM
All hype.

Calling it now.

Yep, a poor mans Lamar Odom

All hype, not a winner either

FreezingTsmoove
01-30-2016, 06:45 PM
All hype.

Calling it now.

Not only is he taller but as a freshman he weighs more than Darius.

Did you just see that drive that was called a travel

SwishSquared
01-30-2016, 06:59 PM
Yep, a poor mans Lamar Odom

All hype, not a winner eitherHis stats, aside from 3 point shooting, blow Odom's out of the water on a per40 basis.

FreezingTsmoove
01-30-2016, 07:12 PM
Dick vitale just creamed himself

IGOTGAME
01-30-2016, 07:15 PM
Omg Ben Simmons is a monster

CJ Mustard
01-30-2016, 07:18 PM
That dunk...bruh.

Fallen Angel
01-30-2016, 07:26 PM
Ben's sister

https://www.instagram.com/livvsimmons/

Fallen Angel
01-30-2016, 07:28 PM
I've got a new found respect for Simmons

JimmyMcAdocious
01-30-2016, 07:30 PM
That move Simmons did was so ****ing pro...

Anyone who doesn't see his potential on BOTH ends of the floor is blind or an idiot.

FreezingTsmoove
01-30-2016, 07:33 PM
Ben's sister

https://www.instagram.com/livvsimmons/

Her second to last photo :lol :lol :lol

:roll:

Cocaine80s
01-30-2016, 07:35 PM
Ingram>>

FreezingTsmoove
01-30-2016, 07:43 PM
Wow what a game

Kawhi
01-30-2016, 07:43 PM
Buddy Hield is pretty good also. This game is great.

IGOTGAME
01-30-2016, 07:44 PM
Simmons has a blatant mismatch at the top of the key and continues to go away from it

Milbuck
01-30-2016, 07:45 PM
Hield bending LSU over right now. This is a huge stretch for the Simmons hype machine.

JimmyMcAdocious
01-30-2016, 07:46 PM
His name is Buddy doe. He has no chance of being anything more than a role player.

ShawkFactory
01-30-2016, 07:48 PM
His name is Buddy doe. He has no chance of being anything more than a role player.
No way. He'll be 20+ ppg scorer at his peak.

Thinking like a klay Thompson but more creative

bdreason
01-30-2016, 07:49 PM
Hopefully LSU makes the tourney. A win here would help.

Kawhi
01-30-2016, 07:50 PM
Buddy Hield is insane.

Fallen Angel
01-30-2016, 07:50 PM
I thought this thread was about Ben Simmons

SAKOTXA
01-30-2016, 07:51 PM
Buddy Hield all over dat ass

CJ Mustard
01-30-2016, 07:51 PM
Ben needs to demand the ball. They literally have not stopped him all game when he's set his mind on scoring. Passive as ****.

IGOTGAME
01-30-2016, 07:54 PM
Simmons looks like he wants no part of the ball right now

JimmyMcAdocious
01-30-2016, 07:55 PM
No way. He'll be 20+ ppg scorer at his peak.

Thinking like a klay Thompson but more creative

Not with a name like Buddy. No chance.

bruh, Simmons hasn't even touched the ball in like the last 3 minutes. :facepalm

STATUTORY
01-30-2016, 07:55 PM
Simmons looks like he wants no part of the ball right now

lebron-esque

ShawkFactory
01-30-2016, 07:57 PM
Hield gonna win it

CJ Mustard
01-30-2016, 07:57 PM
Ben just doesn't have that killer instinct. He doesn't even look like he gives a shit out there.

Jameerthefear
01-30-2016, 07:58 PM
this game is cray

IGOTGAME
01-30-2016, 07:58 PM
lebron-esque

They may even win this game. But this commentator is annoying. Teams run offenses with several options that the players can take advantage of. This isn't the NBA...teams aren't running one off plays every time down the floor. Everytime Simmons gets the. All at the top of the key he can attack

JimmyMcAdocious
01-30-2016, 07:59 PM
His teammates are blatantly ignoring him. :oldlol:

LSU got them hero idiots with a moron coach.

ShawkFactory
College ball has been amazing this year.

I don't think I've enjoyed watching a team as much as this OU one since 09 Carolina.

CJ Mustard
Buddy Hield snatched his soul.

Rocketswin2013
01-30-2016, 08:03 PM
i don't know much about simmons but considering the hype, how does he not touch the ball for so long like that? not even a decoy. And they're not even a ranked team, so i doubt his teammates talent level even warrants the iso bullshit.

that last play was a joke.

Cocaine80s
01-30-2016, 08:06 PM
This is what happens when you go up against someone who can actually shoot the ball

Simmons cant do shit

FreezingTsmoove
01-30-2016, 08:11 PM
We need an official college basketball thread in this forum

Cause Kansas Kentucky is already lit

JimmyMcAdocious
01-30-2016, 10:27 PM
We need an official college basketball thread in this forum

Cause Kansas Kentucky is already lit

OT. Selden just murdered Skal like the twig, soft, bitch he is.

Fallen Angel
02-03-2016, 12:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWuBjwG8PN0

New DraftExpress video on Ben Simmons that has just been uploaded.

You'll probably have to wait a little bit for the quality to get better.

IGOTGAME
03-05-2016, 04:25 PM
anybody watching this game? thoughts, was hoping to see more now that they are playing for a spot in the Tourney. This is a little worrisome for me

FreezingTsmoove
03-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Simmons is about to sign a 100mil deal with Nike, I dont think he gives a shit about college basketball anymore

Respect :applause:

IGOTGAME
03-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Simmons is about to sign a 100mil deal with Nike, I dont think he gives a shit about college basketball anymore

Respect :applause:

link? sounds like a NCAA violation.

FreezingTsmoove
03-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Yeah you have to be a complete retard to think LSU record is on Simmons

This LSU team is just bad. They can barely catch passes and shoot

Dont even get me started on the teams defense and turnovers

They get so many points off isolations

ILLsmak
03-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Not super wet for Simmons. I haven't seen a lot of him, but I've seen some. He doesn't have the magical it factor. He's a crazy athlete with some skill, though. It doesn't look like he's effortlessly out there balling with dudes like Steph n KD looked in college, though.

-Smak

IGOTGAME
03-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Yeah you have to be a complete retard to think LSU record is on Simmons

This LSU team is just bad. They can barely catch passes and shoot

Dont even get me started on the teams defense and turnovers

They get so many points off isolations

what are you talking about?

I think he should be more aggressive scoring the ball...if he has the skill to do so. It looks like he is limited offensively scoring the ball. People keep saying it was just because he didnt have to shoot but its starting to look like his scoring arsenal is limited unless he is a roll man or finisher.

Cocaine80s
03-05-2016, 05:46 PM
If you cant even lead your team to the NCAA tournament you have no business being a #1 draft pick

I'd pick Ingram over this future bust easily

And Simmons has no help? Blakeney was ranked top 15 in his class and dropped 32 on Florida a week ago :oldlol:

Wiggins23
03-05-2016, 06:19 PM
He may not be showing it all. Sixers gonna take him

Real Men Wear Green
03-05-2016, 06:25 PM
He doesn't seem to have the personality or shooting ability to take over games consistently. As he is he will be good on the break but really, who isn't good on the break? I'm not saying he'll stink but he doesn't look like a superstar out there.

Also: does anyone else wonder if he's been all that good for LSU? We have analysts saying they might not make the tournament. They have gotten more attention but the program has not been elevated at all. Is he making them a lot more money than they otherwise would have? And then we have them giving him whatever little punishment it was for his academic issues. They didn't put him up for the Wooden because of his academics. Would anyone be shocked if a bigger scandal comes out in a year or two? It's like one guy is the embodiment of everything wrong with one and done.

Just to be clear I have nothing against Simmons even though this post may sound to you like I do. I could care less if he's going to class and if he had a jumper I'd be wanting the Celtics to draft him badly. And I still hope the Celtics get him I just don't think he's going to dominate.

GOBB
03-06-2016, 01:15 PM
Perfect fit for Boston Celtics. In fact Celtics should only want Ben Simmons. If they cant land him trade pick (among others pieces) for a star player.

PJR
03-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Another future tweener forward bust. We've seen this story before.

outbreak
03-06-2016, 02:09 PM
He has been ruled ineligible for the wooden award due to grades apoarently.

SwishSquared
03-06-2016, 03:00 PM
He has been ruled ineligible for the wooden award due to grades apoarently.I'm not familiar with the system, but if his GPA is indeed below a 2.0, how has he been eligible to play ball? Not trolling, just curious.

Fallen Angel
03-06-2016, 03:21 PM
For people worried about his "mentality", you should he doesn't have a scorer's mentality. He's like a Boris Diaw, or a Draymond Green. He doesn't look to put up points first, he wants to involve his teammates and set them up for efficient shots.

In other words, Ben Simmons is a team-first player that would be killer in an offensive system centered around extra passes. If you're drafting Simmons to be your go-to player then he's destined to disappoint.

outbreak
03-06-2016, 04:03 PM
I'm not familiar with the system, but if his GPA is indeed below a 2.0, how has he been eligible to play ball? Not trolling, just curious.
Don't know the system either just saw on the news here he is being ruled ineligble. I know lsu didn't start him the other week as punishment for his grades.

STATUTORY
03-06-2016, 04:05 PM
For people worried about his "mentality", you should he doesn't have a scorer's mentality. He's like a Boris Diaw, or a Draymond Green. He doesn't look to put up points first, he wants to involve his teammates and set them up for efficient shots.

In other words, Ben Simmons is a team-first player that would be killer in an offensive system centered around extra passes. If you're drafting Simmons to be your go-to player then he's destined to disappoint.

it's not about mentality, he doesn't have the tools to score consistently and prolifically even on the college level

Hey Yo
03-06-2016, 04:40 PM
He has been ruled ineligible for the wooden award due to grades apoarently.
"LSU’s Ben Simmons is ineligible for the final Wooden Award ballot, and is not listed among the latest set of finalists for the award.

ESPN’s Jeff Goodman reports Simmons’s ineligibility pertains to his academics. An LSU spokesman told ESPN that Simmons “did not have the necessary criteria to be eligible.” Simmons was listed on the previous set of award nominees Feb. 10.

The Wooden Award maintains a minimum 2.0 GPA as a criteria for eligibility. Voting begins March 14.

Simmons, the likely top pick in the upcoming NBA draft, is averaging 19.7 points, 11.9 rebounds and 5.1 assists as a freshman. The 6'10" forward was benched at the start of a game against Tennessee for an academic issue last month.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/20 … ineligible

Dude can't even maintain a 2.0 while taking the easiest classes possible?

What a dumbass.

Fallen Angel
03-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Do you even know if he's attending his classes?

One-and-dones take classes to stay eligible to play and receive individual accolades. Ben Simmons is at the point where his team is most likely not going to be featured in the NCAA Tournament, the main reason he should keep going to class and playing for LSU is that it'd look good to GMs to see that Simmons has no problem losing with his team in tough times.

I don't know what he's doing in the meantime since he isn't going to class, but his robot personality tells me I shouldn't worry about him getting into legal trouble.

outbreak
03-06-2016, 05:13 PM
it's not about mentality, he doesn't have the tools to score consistently and prolifically even on the college level
I don't know if he will have the tools to score in the nba but averaging 20ppg in college is scoring consistent. He relies on his superior size and athleticism a lot though in college.

outbreak
03-06-2016, 05:14 PM
Do you even know if he's attending his classes?

One-and-dones take classes to stay eligible to play and receive individual accolades. Ben Simmons is at the point where his team is most likely not going to be featured in the NCAA Tournament, the main reason he should keep going to class and playing for LSU is that it'd look good to GMs to see that Simmons has no problem losing with his team in tough times.

I don't know what he's doing in the meantime since he isn't going to class, but his robot personality tells me I shouldn't worry about him getting into legal trouble.
I worry because it shows signs of immaturity that he can't even try to pass college in a system designed for passing athletes. He went through the A.I.S here too where he would have had individual teachers and tutors but he's still not able to pass college?

SwishSquared
03-06-2016, 05:19 PM
Don't know the system either just saw on the news here he is being ruled ineligble. I know lsu didn't start him the other week as punishment for his grades.That was a kinda wack punishment though lol- I think he sat 4 mins. I'm not qualified to speak on the punishment protocol but it seems that he'd be on some sort of academic probation if he were to stay another year in school.

I think he's totally unfocused right now in class and for stretches on the court. Dude should have gone to Duke or something. I don't expect any of this noise to mess up his draft stock or anything though. LSU is the collegiate equivalent of the Kings this year lol.

lilteapot
03-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Yeah if you can't get at least a 2.0 GPA you either

1. Are legitimately retarded
2. Don't care enough to try in class
3. Don't even attend class

FreezingTsmoove
03-06-2016, 05:33 PM

Hes about to sign a 125 million dollar contract when he gets drafted I dont think he gives a shit

And realistically to be as great and hyped as he is as a player that means you spend every waking hour training or resting. He doesnt have time for some bullshit english and psychology classes. This is the number one player in the freaking nation. Ball is literally life

FreezingTsmoove
03-06-2016, 05:34 PM
If you cant even lead your team to the NCAA tournament you have no business being a #1 draft pick

I'd pick Ingram over this future bust easily

And Simmons has no help? Blakeney was ranked top 15 in his class and dropped 32 on Florida a week ago :oldlol:

So ****ing what? Its one of the weakes classes since Bennetts class -_-

Skal Lab was number 2 ranked overall for christs sake.

You know nothing about Hs basketball bitch

lilteapot
03-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Hes about to sign a 125 million dollar contract when he gets drafted I dont think he gives a shit

And realistically to be as great and hyped as he is as a player that means you spend every waking hour training or resting. He doesnt have time for some bullshit english and psychology classes. This is the number one player in the freaking nation. Ball is literally life

You don't have to even try to do well in those classes.

You have to try to get lower than a 2.0 though. It shows lack of focus, dedication and maturity.

Hey Yo
03-06-2016, 05:50 PM

Once he gets paid, he should have to pay back his scholarship cost to LSU

Cocaine80s
03-06-2016, 06:17 PM
Dude cant even get a 2.0 at ****ing LSU

He must be stupid as ****. Shaq wasnt even that retarded

Ingram is going #1

Sarcastic
03-06-2016, 06:43 PM
Once he gets paid, he should have to pay back his scholarship cost to LSU

Why? They've made more money off him than it costs for a scholarship.

midatlantic09
03-06-2016, 06:53 PM
I have a feeling this will be the 2015 Draft all over again meaning that the guy who everyone assumed, at least for the majority of the season, would go #1 doesn't (Okafor) and a guy who wasn't considered the top prospect during most of the year WILL end up going #1 (Towns).

FreezingTsmoove
03-07-2016, 01:31 AM
If any of you ****ing clowns followed COLLEGE BALL you would know Ben got in trouble for SKIPPING CLASS and they even benched him a game for doing so. It isnt a matter of IQ which is the reason hes failing he JUST DOESNT GO TO CLASS

I am done arguing with you idiots if you dont know what I just posted then you dont even follow NCAA at all. BECAUSE IT WAS A HUGE STORY

Dont speak on a player you dont know anything about because youre going to look like PleezBelieve when this shit gets bumped

****ing retards. All of you

Dude has been consensus number one for YEARS now and your shitting on him for not being able to lead a horrible roster

FUN FACT DUMBASSES LSU HAD TWO NBA LOTTERY PICKS LAST YR AND THEY HAD A SIMILAR RECORD TO SIMMONS LSU THIS YEAR. DOESNT THAT TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT THE SUPPORTING CAST AROUND HIM?!

SwishSquared
03-07-2016, 01:58 AM
If any of you ****ing clowns followed COLLEGE BALL you would know Ben got in trouble for SKIPPING CLASS and they even benched him a game for doing so. It isnt a matter of IQ which is the reason hes failing he JUST DOESNT GO TO CLASS

I am done arguing with you idiots if you dont know what I just posted then you dont even follow NCAA at all. BECAUSE IT WAS A HUGE STORY

Dont speak on a player you dont know anything about because youre going to look like PleezBelieve when this shit gets bumped

Dude has been consensus number one for YEARS now and your shitting on him for not being able to lead a horrible roster

FUN FACT DUMBASSES LSU HAD TWO NBA LOTTERY PICKS LAST YR AND THEY HAD A SIMILAR RECORD TO SIMMONS LSU THIS YEAR. DOESNT THAT TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT THE SUPPORTING CAST AROUND HIM?!Just to clarify a couple things:
1. He came off the bench 1 game, missing out on ~4 minutes of game action.
2. LSU had two players get drafted last year, one #25 and the other #33. They didn't go in the lotto.

Cocaine80s
03-07-2016, 02:09 AM

FUN FACT DUMBASSES LSU HAD TWO NBA LOTTERY PICKS LAST YR AND THEY HAD A SIMILAR RECORD TO SIMMONS LSU THIS YEAR. DOESNT THAT TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT THE SUPPORTING CAST AROUND HIM?!
Simmons will be the next Anthony Bennett

plowking
03-07-2016, 02:10 AM
Simmons will be the next Anthony Bennett

Based on f*cking what?

Dude is a beast, any way you slice it. There is no way he doesn't come into the league and put up at least 10/5. He is too big and athletic to not be at least a serviceable player. Saying that though, he will be an absolute star.

ReturnofJPR
03-07-2016, 02:19 AM
Ben Simmons is a tyrus Thomas meets melo million dollar talent with a 2 cent brain. He's flunking all of his courses currently at LSU. Leave it to the SEC to accept dumb athletes, gotta love the B1G and their high academic standards over the dumb South.

HurricaneKid
03-07-2016, 05:48 AM
Ben Simmons is a tyrus Thomas meets melo million dollar talent with a 2 cent brain. He's flunking all of his courses currently at LSU. Leave it to the SEC to accept dumb athletes, gotta love the B1G and their high academic standards over the dumb South.

Here is what happens to one and done's:

After 1 semester of getting below a 2.0 you go on academic probation. After the second semester you become academically ineligible.

If you are leaving after 1 year no matter what, why does it matter if you become academically ineligible?

Most professionals would consider it a smart reallocation of assets (time).

outbreak
03-07-2016, 06:03 AM

They didnt have lotto picks they had first rounders. He wasn't benched for a game he just didn't start and the commentators spent all half time dicussing how they were told by the coach it was for poor grades. Now again he is ineligible for poor grades not non attendance.

I still think he has rare talents but for such a hyped number one he has red flags and has holes in his game wth his lack of shooting and lack of inside big man strength game for mna sized opponents. He moves really well and has great instincts but he has work to do, maybe I'll be wrong but i don't see him coming right out of college scoring like towns has been. At the start of the season i thought he'd improve and become a legit clear cut pick but now you have commentators talking about how ingram could over take him and he's had ups and downs too.

Have to be trolling to think he is a Bennett level bust but i can't see how you can say he's lived up to hs hype in college. Still may be a great player but he's not as far a long as advertised yet

Nash
03-07-2016, 06:10 AM
college ball is a joke.

keep them in the d league

Im Still Ballin
03-07-2016, 06:19 AM
BoilingTmelt

miggyme1
03-07-2016, 01:22 PM

what?? I haven't heard about this. Is he really failing every class? I though in college you had to keep a certain gpa to play??

Real Men Wear Green
03-12-2016, 03:26 PM
Anyone watching LSU vs TCU? This is unimpressive in the extreme. The analysts that say the lack of success isn't his fault are right of course but that doesn't make me stop wondering why such a supposedly great talent cannot turn things around. Does he or anyone else on that team care? Is he a guy that his coach or teammates will have tip motivate? Because that really isn't good.

IGOTGAME
03-12-2016, 03:36 PM
Anyone watching LSU vs TCU? This is unimpressive in the extreme. The analysts that say the lack of success isn't his fault are right of course but that doesn't make me stop wondering why such a supposedly great talent cannot turn things around. Does he or anyone else on that team care? Is he a guy that his coach or teammates will have tip motivate? Because that really isn't good.

Kid seems like a front runner and get pouty when things don't go his way. He is a great talent and he will be an all star but I'm not seeing some game changing talent. He should never be compared to Lebron, those kids would have been in the tourney easy.