PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose - 3/17 FG tonight

J Shuttlesworth
12-03-2015, 01:14 AM
:wtf: How did this guy drop off so much? 37 year old Kobe > him

plowking
12-03-2015, 01:22 AM
I know Rose had a few good years in him, but is it possible to suggest that he was never that good to begin with? Much like Tyreke or Damon Stoudamire for example, they have a few good seasons and just drop off to a more sustainable level of play, and play more to their level given not everything goes their way, and they aren't the victors of circumstance?

Was that Chicago team just the perfect storm for him to succeed and for everything to go right for him?

warriorfan
12-03-2015, 01:25 AM
game based on his athleticism

bunch of big injuries

now you have derrick rose

brownmamba00
12-03-2015, 01:26 AM
Damn what did this guy do this summer? Seemed like he was in for a bounce back season after last years playoffs. Maybe the JimmyB beef is real.

SpaceJam
12-03-2015, 01:28 AM
Rose is 19-for-70 since returning from sprained ankle. "Once I catch that rhythm, it's going to be scary," Rose said.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm a crazy big Bulls fan, so I hate to see him play like this but damn bruh, don't be talking like that man. It ain't gonna be scary

Butler's team no doubt

bluechox2
12-03-2015, 01:29 AM
rose needs to take a step back and take a role like deron williams

Pushxx
12-03-2015, 01:31 AM

bunch of big injuries

It's that simple. He had a god-like explosiveness and mid-air fluidity that completely defined his game. Poof.

Heavincent
12-03-2015, 01:33 AM
People keep waiting for the D Rose resurgence that will never happen.

FreezingTsmoove
12-03-2015, 01:51 AM
Its sad really

Like how Curry is must watch TV right now D Rose was the same back in 2011. It was just amazing the things he did

2 knee surgeries and misc injuries. **** you Stern, the lockout season destroyed D Rose

Pointguard
12-03-2015, 02:41 AM
I know Rose had a few good years in him, but is it possible to suggest that he was never that good to begin with? Much like Tyreke or Damon Stoudamire for example, they have a few good seasons and just drop off to a more sustainable level of play, and play more to their level given not everything goes their way, and they aren't the victors of circumstance?

Was that Chicago team just the perfect storm for him to succeed and for everything to go right for him?
:lol I don't know which is worse, your inability to tell that he's injured and impaired or you thinking that it was a perfect storm in 2011.

On the perfect storm part.

1)He lead the league in 4th quarter comebacks with a coach that offensively was always offensively weak.

2)They won more games than any other team without steady offensive contributions from anybody else on the team. Not that Deng was bad but he rarely ever has break out games. They were without shooters, finishers, creators, even good foul shooters. Show me a team that ever had the best record without those elements.

3)They couldn't break a trap in the playoffs.

4)It was a young team new to each other, totally running the offense around Rose's spontaneous creativity. Contrast this with how every top player that year played with a new team or minor adjustments within a year before or after 2011: Chris Paul, DH, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Dirk, Mello, Duncan, despite having new veteran players that were healthy.

5)They went down to 23 league spots in offensive ORTG within two years and 18 spots the first year without him.

6)Unlike Westbrook who got a pick nearly every play last year, Rose created offense without good picks the few times he got them. This is in the playoffs. Rose easily scores more on being tripled teamed than he gets off of good picks.

7)Rose rarely got easy baskets outside of steals.

You calling this a perfect storm is totally based on ignorance of how the game is played, and that's being nice about it.

RRR3
12-03-2015, 02:42 AM
:lol I don't know which is worse, your inability to tell that he's injured and impaired or you thinking that it was a perfect storm in 2011.

On the perfect storm part.

1)He lead the league in 4th quarter comebacks with a coach that offensively was always offensively weak.

2)They won more games than any other team without steady offensive contributions from anybody else on the team. Not that Deng was bad but he rarely ever has break out games. They were without shooters, finishers, creators, even good foul shooters. Show me a team that ever had the best record without those elements.

3)They couldn't break a trap in the playoffs.

4)It was a young team new to each other, totally running the offense around Rose's spontaneous creativity. Contrast this with how every top player that year played with a new team or minor adjustments within a year before or after 2011: Chris Paul, DH, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Dirk, Mello, Duncan, despite having new veteran players that were healthy.

5)They went down to 23 league spots in offensive ORTG within two years and 18 spots the first year without him.

6)Unlike Westbrook who got a pick nearly every play last year, Rose created offense without good picks the few times he got them. This is in the playoffs. Rose easily scores more on being tripled teamed than he gets off of good picks.

7)Rose rarely got easy baskets outside of steals.

You calling this a perfect storm is totally based on ignorance of how the game is played, and that's being nice about it.
Westclonk>>>>>roes hahahah

Pointguard
12-03-2015, 02:45 AM
Westclonk>>>>>roes hahahah
Thanks for the stupid post and showing your inability to understand a word I said. Most PG's are better than Rose right now. That has absolutely anything to do with the post.

JohnFreeman
12-03-2015, 02:47 AM
Honestly should consider retirement

RRR3
12-03-2015, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the stupid post and showing your inability to understand a word I said. Most PG's are better than Rose right now. That has absolutely anything to do with the post.
Gawdmers>>>>>Debrick Hoes :oldlol:

Hoes always chokes against Chalmers hahahaaa

ISHGoat
12-03-2015, 02:53 AM
Pointguard has an unhealthy obsession with Derrick Rose. Chill out man, he was never that great to begin with. Beyond 2011, Rose has certainly been a net negative for his team. Even his impact in 2010-2011 is questionable. Does a player like Lillard, Conely, Lowry, Wall, etc do worse with that cast than Rose? Put someone like Westbrook, Curry, CP3 on that team and they certainly win the chip. Drose is massively overrated and made of glass.

warriorfan
12-03-2015, 03:06 AM
Its sad really

Like how Curry is must watch TV right now D Rose was the same back in 2011. It was just amazing the things he did

2 knee surgeries and misc injuries. **** you Stern, the lockout season destroyed D Rose

I wasn't big on Rose but after I saw the 2011 playoffs I was fully sold on Rose being the real deal.

Not being all dramatic and shit but injuries really robbed bball fans of what could of been one of the better players of the generation. :(

Pointguard
12-03-2015, 03:21 AM
Hoes always chokes against Charmers
You weren't always incoherent with your post. Is this something personal/autobiographical you are trying to tell us?

oarabbus
12-03-2015, 03:25 AM

bunch of big injuries

It's that simple. He had a god-like explosiveness and mid-air fluidity that completely defined his game. Poof.

This.

Remember how rookie D Rose could do shit that almost nobody else could do or had done?

I feel bad for the guy, but he suffered repeated major structural injuries. He needs to change his game... and fix up his shot taking.But he will never be rookie D Rose again. Go back watch some of his 2011 highlights... he could have been a top 5 player.

JohnFreeman
12-03-2015, 03:26 AM
"When Rose comes back, watch out LeBron!" - Bulls fans in 2011
"When Rose comes back, watch out LeBron!" - Bulls fans in 2012
"When Rose comes back, watch out LeBron!" - Bulls fans in 2013
"When Rose comes back, watch out LeBron!" - Bulls fans in 2014
"When Rose comes back, watch out LeBron!" - Bulls fans in 2015

FKAri
12-03-2015, 03:26 AM
Brandon Roy
Yao
Oden
Embid
Rose
Durant?
many many more

:(

Pushxx
12-03-2015, 03:30 AM
Brandon Roy
Yao
Oden
Embid
Rose
Durant?
many many more

:(

:biggums: :wtf:

You watching KD this year? He's money.

AirFederer
12-03-2015, 03:30 AM
If he continues this trend at least he`ll have plenty of time for his kids graduation

Pointguard
12-03-2015, 03:31 AM
Pointguard has an unhealthy obsession with Derrick Rose. Chill out man, he was never that great to begin with. Beyond 2011, Rose has certainly been a net negative for his team. Even his impact in 2010-2011 is questionable. Does a player like Lillard, Conely, Lowry, Wall, etc do worse with that cast than Rose? Put someone like Westbrook, Curry, CP3 on that team and they certainly win the chip. Drose is massively overrated and made of glass.
Ishgoat, you are a sheep here, no were near a goat. You are a follower who either can't read or too lazy to read. I already said he is one of the worse starting guards now. I doubt that anybody here thinks of you as a thinker here - a foolish hater, yeah I'll give you that. What you think of players is, well, useless to me.

BasedTom
12-03-2015, 03:39 AM
rest in piss, dairy crows

warriorfan
12-03-2015, 03:40 AM
https://images.rapgenius.com/fe28b0f3c792de59f41c1b15e9a1be6a.300x300x1.jpg

Crimsonrain777
12-03-2015, 04:09 AM
some of the other Heat fans on this board are just ruthless and i'm still trying to figure out why??:lol

Anyway, all of the injuries that Derrick Rose had to deal with in his short career is a travesty. No other guard besides current Westbrook could compare to Rose' quickness and agility a couple of years ago. All of his domincance was based around the fact that he had a superior athletic advantage over most of his opponents and all of that vanished after his injuries.

Weird that some people cant even show a little pity :confusedshrug:
The NBA lost a major talent in the old Derrick Rose

Legends66NBA7
12-03-2015, 10:23 AM
some of the other Heat fans on this board are just ruthless and i'm still trying to figure out why??:lol

Anyway, all of the injuries that Derrick Rose had to deal with in his short career is a travesty. No other guard besides current Westbrook could compare to Rose' quickness and agility a couple of years ago. All of his domincance was based around the fact that he had a superior athletic advantage over most of his opponents and all of that vanished after his injuries.

Weird that some people cant even show a little pity :confusedshrug:
The NBA lost a major talent in the old Derrick Rose

Because human beings, particularly online, are jackasses.

Just the way life is.

aj1987
12-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Good luck beating prime LeBron and prime Wade with that team. You do know one of the reasons why the Bulls lost was because Rose got shut down, right? Wade and LeBron would make it a nightmare for any of those players. Westbrook? Miami in 5. CP3? Miami in 4, probably. '16 Curry? Miami in 6 or 7.

ISHGoat
12-03-2015, 10:57 AM
Good luck beating prime LeBron and prime Wade with that team. You do know one of the reasons why the Bulls lost was because Rose got shut down, right? Wade and LeBron would make it a nightmare for any of those players. Westbrook? Miami in 5. CP3? Miami in 4, probably. '16 Curry? Miami in 6 or 7.

Well, one of the major reasons that the Bulls lost is the fact that Rose completely shat the bed vs Lebron in the clutch. Another reason is that Derrick Rose just wasnt that good EVER. He easily fools dumb stans like Pointguard and Natejizz with his flashy plays and "clutch" reputation, but at the end of the day, eye test and numbers do not lie. This dude was putting up 24 fga/game and over 6 3pa/game on less than 40% fg% and 25% from deep. Those are a homeless man's 2015 Finals Lebron numbers, given his support vs Lebron's support.

https://i.gyazo.com/5e725f299edf9d41230ec9a641cf0b06.png

Of all the starters on his team, he boasts the worst ORtg-DRtg differential. Look at his backup pg. His backup plays with the same cast that Rose does and shows you what a non-retarded, non-chucking point guard can do with that team. But "lol stats" right? "Lol math".

j3lademaster
12-03-2015, 11:08 AM
People keep waiting for the D Rose resurgence that will never happen.Not since 2012 and early 2013. Don't let the delusional ones represent the majority.

j3lademaster
12-03-2015, 11:13 AM

bunch of big injuries

now you have derrick roseHe's still insanely athletic when he wants to be. he just goes 70% on plays because he's scared of getting injured again, it's all mental at this point. He's even alligator-arming a lot his signature floaters, that just shows lack of self confidence. You just can't half-heartedly commit to plays in this league and expect success.

guy
12-03-2015, 12:44 PM
He clearly sucks now but to say he wasn't that good to begin with based on what we are seeing now after his injuries is basically the same thing as saying Kobe wasn't that good to begin with because of what we are seeing now. It's one thing to say he was overrated and didn't deserve MVP. But he was clearly one of the best players in the league and at worst a top 2 PG in the league at the time.

beastee
12-03-2015, 04:40 PM
"When Rose comes back, watch out LeBron!" - Bulls fans in 2011
"When Rose comes back, watch out LeBron!" - Bulls fans in 2012
"When Rose comes back, watch out LeBron!" - Bulls fans in 2013
"When Rose comes back, watch out LeBron!" - Bulls fans in 2014
"When Rose comes back, watch out LeBron!" - Bulls fans in 2015

"We got robbed! The Refs wanted the Lakers to win!" - Kings fans in 2002
"Remember when we got robbed! The Refs wanted the Lakers to win!" - Kings fans in 2003-06
"**** this" - Kings fans 06-15

Lebronxrings
12-03-2015, 05:01 PM
"Remember when we got robbed! The Refs wanted the Lakers to win!" - Kings fans in 2003-06
Meltdown

Nash
12-03-2015, 05:20 PM
dude peaked at the right time, got a fat contract with bulls and adidas in the process.

StephHamann
12-03-2015, 05:23 PM
He is probably the worst starting point guard in the league, other than that 76ers guy.

poido123
12-03-2015, 08:57 PM
I'm done with the Rose era.

Gibson noah and rose packaged for a pile of horse shit.

references
12-03-2015, 08:57 PM

ridiculous

JohnFreeman
12-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Ew, terrible.

DMAVS41
12-03-2015, 09:07 PM
it's hard to be worse as a starter than Rose has been. at least his volume isn't off the charts, but ugh....given his contract....might be worst player in the league so far.

He looks slow to me out there...with flashes, but only flashes....sad to see

FireDavidKahn
12-03-2015, 09:08 PM
Vintage Kobe

Pointguard
12-03-2015, 09:15 PM
Well, one of the major reasons that the Bulls lost is the fact that Rose completely shat the bed vs Lebron in the clutch. Another reason is that Derrick Rose just wasnt that good EVER. He easily fools dumb stans like Pointguard and Natejizz with his flashy plays and "clutch" reputation, but at the end of the day, eye test and numbers do not lie.

IshDoat, you don't win MvP's by Landslides when 4 GOAT are in or near their primes and 10 HOFers were capable of great years, Unless you are very good. You don't get the accolades from the best players ever and the current day best players unless you are great. You don't get big props from the two best coaches and minds probably ever in the sport unless you are stellar.

"Derrick has been phenomenal this year. He continues to grow. He's not only a terrific athlete, but he has turned into a terrific basketball player and he's a great kid. He's a willing learner [and] teammate, and I have nothing but great things to say about him."
-- Steve Nash

"Hard working, good looking, no chest thumping, and modest demeanor; just a class act. All of that on top of his phenomenal play. He has taken a monster leap this year. What's really great about him is that he seems to love the pressure in putting his team on his back. He has the character and the demeanor to do that. Superstars have that character and leadership gene."
-- San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich

[B]"I would imagine that just out of the blue that Derrick Rose is going to be the guy. That team is what, first in the East right now, or tied? He's literally vaulted that team up on his shoulders by [Carlos] Boozer being out the first month and a half or so. I would say just on pure

outbreak
12-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Take a step back away from the computer and take some deep breaths before posting again

ISHGoat
12-03-2015, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=Pointguard]IshDoat, you don't win MvP's by Landslides when 4 GOAT are in or near their primes and 10 HOFers were capable of great years, Unless you are very good. You don't get the accolades from the best players ever and the current day best players unless you are great. You don't get big props from the two best coaches and minds probably ever in the sport unless you are stellar.

"Derrick has been phenomenal this year. He continues to grow. He's not only a terrific athlete, but he has turned into a terrific basketball player and he's a great kid. He's a willing learner [and] teammate, and I have nothing but great things to say about him."
-- Steve Nash

"Hard working, good looking, no chest thumping, and modest demeanor; just a class act. All of that on top of his phenomenal play. He has taken a monster leap this year. What's really great about him is that he seems to love the pressure in putting his team on his back. He has the character and the demeanor to do that. Superstars have that character and leadership gene."

[B]"I would imagine that just out of the blue that Derrick Rose is going to be the guy. That team is what, first in the East right now, or tied? He's literally vaulted that team up on his shoulders by [Carlos] Boozer being out the first month and a half or so. I would say just on pure

LoneyROY7
12-03-2015, 09:33 PM

beastee takes his patty melt with munster EXTRA melted

Pointguard
12-03-2015, 09:33 PM
but at the end of the day, eye test and numbers do not lie.
This dude was putting up 24 fga/game and over 6 3pa/game on less than 40% fg% and 25% from deep. Those are a homeless man's 2015 Finals Lebron numbers, given his support vs Lebron's support.

https://i.gyazo.com/5e725f299edf9d41230ec9a641cf0b06.png

Of all the starters on his team, he boasts the worst ORtg-DRtg differential. Look at his backup pg. His backup plays with the same cast that Rose does and shows you what a non-retarded, non-chucking point guard can do with that team. But "lol stats" right? "Lol math".
Your use of stats is yet one more failure on your resume of calamities. You were talking about the finals but posted stats for the playoffs and did the per possessions stats at that - something that you obviously don't know the use for. You in your effort further embarrass yourself used ORtg and DRtg to tell you that the whole set of starters were better than Rose in the whole playoffs. Rose won nearly every game on his back with the exception of maybe two wins out of the nine. Boozer might have won the other two, but definitely one of them. Rose and Booze barely had Rtg differential in your chart above and it was less in real stats. Noah and Bogans had the biggest differential and both were sat down in the 4th quarters in the finals. They only averaged 10.6 ppg in the finals together!!! They got on Noah about his bad play.

but at the end of the day, eye test and numbers do not lie.
:lol Really. And you fail and fall on your face because you follow other posters. This is unnatural stupidity.

Stay you lane, this isn't your game.

LoneyROY7
12-03-2015, 09:35 PM
Even Calipari went in on this dude. :oldlol:

plowking
12-03-2015, 09:38 PM
ridiculous

In what way? Can you explain?

Outside of his MVP year, his stats were very modest, and so was his impact on the game.
In fact, in his MVP year, he wasn't nearly as good as advertised. 20 shots to score 25 points, quite average to below average efficiency...
Prior to that he was at 15 shots for 17 points, and 18 shots for 21 points... He was never some miracle worker on the court like other stars. He was quite inefficient, and benefited from the team make up.

The Bulls were an incredible defensive team that won games based on their defense. Rose was one of the few guys capable of creating a shot on the team. Like shown above, not that great on it, but good enough to keep the Bulls winning.

It is simply a fact that his stats were in fact modest outside of that one MVP year. If anything this is a perfect replica of the Wes Unsled case. An MVP year on the right team, then never sniffed such individual success or similar stats again.

BIG FURB
12-04-2015, 04:41 PM
In what way? Can you explain?

Outside of his MVP year, his stats were very modest, and so was his impact on the game.
In fact, in his MVP year, he wasn't nearly as good as advertised. 20 shots to score 25 points, quite average to below average efficiency...
Prior to that he was at 15 shots for 17 points, and 18 shots for 21 points... He was never some miracle worker on the court like other stars. He was quite inefficient, and benefited from the team make up.

The Bulls were an incredible defensive team that won games based on their defense. Rose was one of the few guys capable of creating a shot on the team. Like shown above, not that great on it, but good enough to keep the Bulls winning.

It is simply a fact that his stats were in fact modest outside of that one MVP year. If anything this is a perfect replica of the Wes Unsled case. An MVP year on the right team, then never sniffed such individual success or similar stats again.

Wait, are you honestly trying to discredit Rose based on the numbers he put up his first 2 seasons in the league and his production during the year he won MVP?!? :facepalm What the **** has happened to this forum?

game3524
12-04-2015, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=Pointguard]IshDoat, you don't win MvP's by Landslides when 4 GOAT are in or near their primes and 10 HOFers were capable of great years, Unless you are very good. You don't get the accolades from the best players ever and the current day best players unless you are great. You don't get big props from the two best coaches and minds probably ever in the sport unless you are stellar.

-- Steve Nash

STATUTORY
12-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Derrick Rose in his own words:

http://45.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me5w7gH4YX1qa7dafo1_r1_500.gif

die on that court, let that sink in

LoneyROY7
12-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Derrick Rose parlayed 1 year into 280 million dollars. Think about that for a second.

Praise this f*cking man.

Human Error
12-04-2015, 06:03 PM
The worst MVP in league history was never that good to begin with, I mean he wasn't even a top 3 player in his position and won the MVP. His basketball IQ is below average and his game solely relies on his athletic ability, so after several injuries this is what you get. But I guess it does not matter because the Bulls fans still seem to be happy to have him and they still believe that he is as good as Stephen Curry or Russell Westbrook. It is really a win win situation for both Bulls fans and non-Bulls fans, the Bulls fans are happy that they think they have the best point guard in the league, and a non-Bull fan like me benefit from his low efficiency games that prevent the Bulls to become a real contender.

:cheers:

nathanjizzle
12-04-2015, 06:10 PM
rose has mostly outplayed his opponent this season. hes still running a good offense, one that results in more wins than one without him. Bulls are still a more winning team with him even if hes shooting poorly. efficient shooting isnt everything.

Sam: There are some good points there for the narrative. Of course, it’s totally wrong and, in fact, Rose has been one of the team’s better defenders this season. Forget the game saving block on Tony Parker Monday when Rose exploded from in the paint to the three-point line to block a guard’s jump shot, a rarity in itself. He’s not Butler, who has to defend the opposition’s best scorer. But I decided to actually look at facts rather than rumors and supposition. Rose basically has held just about every guard he’s played this season below his season averages in shooting and scoring.

Consider:

Mudiay Wednesday: 2-13 for 4 points
Tony Parker: 6-12 for 13 points
George Hill: 3-8 for 6 points (Monta Ellis did have 20 as sort of a point guard in the Bulls win on 9-20 the other game when Hill was hurt)
Damian Lillard: 4-22 for 19 points
Kemba Walker: 6-12 for 13 points and 5-18 for 13 points.
Westbrook: 7-18 for 20 points
Shane Larkin, Brooklyn: 3-8 for 6 points.
Elfrid Payton: 2-7 for 4 points
Mo Williams: 7-15 for 19 points
Ricky Rubio: 2-10 for 7 points
Someone named McConnell from the 76ers: 3-8 for 6 points
Reggie Jackson: 9-24 for 22 points.
Though Rose has not shot well this season, he’s basically won his matchup just about every game and when he didn’t in head to head in points, his man shot a low percentage as well. I’m not sure which part of that qualifies as poor defense. But if it fits the bias why not continue with it. As they say around the media business, why mess up a good character assassination with the facts.

game3524
12-04-2015, 06:20 PM
rose has mostly outplayed his opponent this season. hes still running a good offense, one that results in more wins than one without him. Bulls are still a more winning team with him even if hes shooting poorly. efficient shooting isnt everything.

Chicago is 27th in offensive rating.

TripleA
12-04-2015, 06:26 PM
He should stop shooting. He scoring is awful. His defense and passing have been ok this year. Kobe is one of the worst defenders this year and he bricks so many threes that it destroys his teams defense.

Pointguard
12-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Most of the top guys had down years. It wasn't like Rose was winning the MVP in a competitive race like 2006 and 2008.Excuses???
Every top guy had a down year when they had Rose's situation that year [major injuries, new team, new coach, no finishers, lack of shooting, no system, 20 minutes of practice for offense, lack of offensive plays, 24 different starting lineups, a lot of close games] and Rose still had more wins than anybody else. He made something out of that year. Sorry, no excuses.

Euroleague
12-04-2015, 10:29 PM
3 for 17?

That's practically a hot streak by Derrick Rose standards.