PDA

View Full Version : Don't normally make Kobe threads, but felt this was apropos

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-03-2015, 01:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIFymhwOddY

Watch the entire 4th quarter, specifically the last 5-6 minutes of the game. Dude literally hit clutch shot after clutch shot...after clutch shot.

Curry was the story tonight, make no mistake, but Kobe's performance was awesome. Vintage Bean.

plowking
12-03-2015, 01:44 AM
I really want to see Kobe play well, but it seems more like a case of the bad shots finally going in than anything else.
He needs to get in the post and take easy shots. No harm in that. Take less, but better shots.

It was blatantly obvious during the post game interviews that a lot of his teammates are kind of fed up with the way the team is being run, and the amount of shots he takes. He needs to be a teacher on the team. Clarkson and Russell could learn a lot from him, and even Randle in the post, but he needs to let go and allow them to miss and in turn learn, instead of him.

ShaqTwizzle
12-03-2015, 01:52 AM
Had he hit on a few more shots earlier in that game those shots wouldn't have been needed.

I don't believe in giving a huge extra value to late game minutes even if some players get shook by the pressure of the game clock winding down.

All that aside Kobe did give us a semi-vintage performance and had his best game of the season.
That was cool.

Angel Face
12-03-2015, 01:54 AM
Vintage Mamba performance. Finally, for the first time this season he looked like his old self out there. He should stop spamming too many 3 pointers tho. Watched the second half of the game but some of the 3s he took was just dumb. Nevertheless, he still have a decent mid range game. What's hurting his fg% right now is spamming those dumb 3 pointers. This seasons he's taking his career high in 3pa/g but making like 20% of those.

SpaceJam
12-03-2015, 01:54 AM
Had he hit on a few more shots earlier in that game those shots wouldn't have been needed.

I don't believe in giving a huge extra value to late game minutes even if some players get shook by the pressure of the game clock winding down.

All that aside Kobe did give us a semi-vintage performance and had his best game of the season.
That was cool.

You can say that about a whole lot of players in a whole lot of games :oldlol:

coin24
12-03-2015, 01:58 AM
I'd love to see him cut down to 3-4 threes a game.. Unless it's at the end and they need it..
Also yeah get in the post a bit more and show us the magic mamba and get the young guys involved..
He can still get his points just stop with the long 3s and he'll have more good games like today...:rockon:

Mr. Jabbar
12-03-2015, 02:06 AM
Wow...

Those were like 5 consecutive clutch shots :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

strifed169
12-03-2015, 02:20 AM
why are ppl surprised a professional NBA player managed to go 10/24 after a string of 20-30% shooting nights :lol: ****ing circle jerks.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-03-2015, 02:29 AM
I really want to see Kobe play well, but it seems more like a case of the bad shots finally going in than anything else.
He needs to get in the post and take easy shots. No harm in that. Take less, but better shots.

It was blatantly obvious during the post game interviews that a lot of his teammates are kind of fed up with the way the team is being run, and the amount of shots he takes. He needs to be a teacher on the team. Clarkson and Russell could learn a lot from him, and even Randle in the post, but he needs to let go and allow them to miss and in turn learn, instead of him.

Kobe also had clean looks this game and hit them. His passing was on point as well, at least from what I gathered (only caught the second half).

Agree with everything you posted though. His shot selection this year has been cringe-worthy. It was nice to see some of those bad shots go in tonight though...for him and the Laker players sanity. :oldlol:

why are ppl surprised a professional NBA player managed to go 10/24 after a string of 20-30% shooting nights :lol: ****ing circle jerks.

You probably looked like your avy after Kobe hit those daggers.

Admit it, b :oldlol:

I<3NBA
12-03-2015, 02:40 AM
He should stop spamming too many 3 pointers tho.
Kobe idolizes Curry. he tryin to be Curry but he can't :yaohappy:

RRR3
12-03-2015, 02:41 AM
Kobe idolizes Curry. he tryin to be Curry but he can't :yaohappy:
GAWDBe>>>>>>>Gerbil doe.

MOAR rings doe moar cltuch moar 81 pts games hahahaa godbe one of da bessssss evah doeeee

Goofsta Knicca
12-03-2015, 02:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIFymhwOddY

Watch the entire 4th quarter, specifically the last 5-6 minutes of the game. Dude literally hit clutch shot after clutch shot...after clutch shot.

Curry was the story tonight, make no mistake, but Kobe's performance was awesome. Vintage Bean.

Glad dat da Mamba gave u ur purpose in life tonight. He's a giver. Helpin out special people all around da world.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-03-2015, 02:55 AM
Glad dat da Mamba gave u ur purpose in life tonight. He's a giver. Helpin out special people all around da world.

Alright "Goofsta Knicca".

FKAri
12-03-2015, 03:03 AM
The way he's played all season I don't know if those are fluke shots or he is returning to form (what would his "form" even be at this stage?). Don't know what to believe tbh.

Heavincent
12-03-2015, 03:09 AM
The thing with Kobe is that he still legitimately thinks he can regain his star form. He's well aware that he's playing like shit, but he seriously thinks those shots are gonna start falling. He wants to put on a show for the fans. At his age, he'll fall flat on his face many times, but then you get a magical night like tonight where he has a vintage Kobe moment.

It's that type of borderline delusional self confidence that made him so great in the first place.

AirTupac
12-03-2015, 03:16 AM
GAWDBe>>>>>>>Gerbil doe.

MOAR rings doe moar cltuch moar 81 pts games hahahaa godbe one of da bessssss evah doeeee

http://i63.tinypic.com/afgb9x.png