PDA

View Full Version : People putting Magic ahead of KAJ in the top 10 clearly lost their damn minds.

k0kakw0rld
12-03-2015, 06:10 AM
Skip you are one of them :wtf:

1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Shaq

:biggums:

And let me end this OP by saying this...

No way in hell Bill Russell is top 10. If he is then Kobe isn't.

knicksman
12-03-2015, 07:08 AM
maybe if russell wasnt a winner in hs and college then you could say that its just luck. But there are just winners in this world OP. And magic too is one of them.

Sarcastic
12-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Kareem's career would be viewed a lot different if Magic didn't show up to get him all those rings, that's for sure.

Fallen Angel
12-03-2015, 10:29 AM
muh rankings

90sgoat
12-03-2015, 10:44 AM
muh rankings

MJ
Kareem
Bird
Magic

KevinNYC
12-03-2015, 04:40 PM

1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Shaq

When sportswriters in 1980 were asked to pick the greatest NBA player. The generation that watched Wilt and Russell and Lew Alcindor play in person picked Russell. Winning and leading a team count.

k0kakw0rld
12-03-2015, 09:20 PM
When sportswriters in 1980 were asked to pick the greatest NBA player. The generation that watched Wilt and Russell and Lew Alcindor play in person picked Russell. Winning and leading a team count.
Steph is getting tons of hate because he plays with a stacked roster, how about Bill Russell?

Individually he has no business in the top 10.

Pointguard
12-03-2015, 09:37 PM

1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Shaq

To make it easier for you who in their right minds would take Kareem in his prime over past prime Kareem with Magic.

Smoke117
12-03-2015, 09:38 PM
Lost their minds? They never knew anything about basketball if they did that in the first place. I wouldn't even entertain the opinion of someone who puts Magic above Kareem all time...that is just absurd.

bdreason
12-03-2015, 09:38 PM
Even Magic would tell you Kareem is the GOAT. Truth is, people just like Magic more.

Wade's Rings
12-03-2015, 09:40 PM
Even Magic would tell you Kareem is the GOAT. Truth is, people just like Magic more.

Magic has said Jordan is the GOAT.

LAZERUSS
12-04-2015, 12:18 AM
Kareem's career would be viewed a lot different if Magic didn't show up to get him all those rings, that's for sure.

This.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Spurs5Rings2014
12-04-2015, 12:27 AM
No context once again. Kareem is a worse version of Wilt if not for Magic. He literally won all his rings with the #1 and #2 PG of all time. Let that sink in.

TheBigVeto
12-04-2015, 03:02 AM
Yep. Putting Magic ahead of KAJ is stupidity at its finest.

The only thing Magic is better in KAJ is in getting AIDS.

DaOldLion
12-04-2015, 03:10 AM

this is so true, at one point Kareem had missed the playoffs in b2b years in his prime..

by the time his career ended he had played with 2 of the top 5 GOATS, and he never did anything without them

kennethgriffin
12-04-2015, 03:13 AM
It makes me sick to see someone with absolutely no knowledge for the game of basketball get paid to talk about it on tv

Skip is a plant. He works for espn. He was fake the entire time. He bashed lebron for years..and said he was a kobe fan forever. Then he puts lebron ahead of kobe all time cause hes "more all around"

Well wtf is his reasoning for putting mj # 1 then

His other criteria was mvps and who he'd draft first

So again. Why is mj #1

If its about mvps. Kareem is #1

If its about drafts and dominance.. shaq, wilt, and many other bigs go before jordan

If its about all around. Then oscar. Bird. Lebron and other guys with more triple double esq lines would be ahead of jordan too

So why is it the guy with the closest game to jordan is separated by 10 spots in skips list

His reasoning is... jordans an assassin. Jordans a killer. I want him with the game on the line. Hes the most box office guy ever. He has allot of rings. Hes tha man!.. and kobes the closest thing to him... but jordans #1 and kobes 10th

What the **** is going on in this ****ing idiots head

:facepalm

I blame the nfl and america in general. These sports broadcasters and writers spend 99% of their time thinking about football. Then try and cover all the sports on a daily basis. Theyre not experts. Theyre casual fans

**** em. **** espn. And **** america

Canada knows more about basketball than you ****in idiots

FKAri
12-04-2015, 03:16 AM
It makes me sick to see someone with absolutely no knowledge for the game of basketball get paid to talk about it on tv

Skip is a plant. He works for espn. He was fake the entire time. He bashed lebron for years..and said he was a kobe fan forever. Then he puts lebron ahead of kobe all time cause hes "more all around"

So again. Why is mj #1

If its about drafts and dominance.. shaq, wilt, and many other bigs go before jordan

If its about all around. Then oscar. Bird. Lebron and other guys with more triple double esq lines would be ahead of jordan too

So why is it the guy with the closest game to jordan is separated by 10 spots in skips list

His reasoning is... jordans an assassin. Jordans a killer. I want him with the game on the line. Hes the most box office guy ever. He has allot of rings. Hes tha man!.. and kobes the closest thing to him... but jordans #1 and kobes 10th

I blame the nfl and america in general. These sports broadcasters and writers spend 99% of their time thinking about football. Then try and cover all the sports on a daily basis. Theyre not experts. Theyre casual fans

Wiggins gonna take a steamin dump on MJ's impossible shiny dome! :dancin

bizil
12-04-2015, 06:54 PM
Cap is ARGUABLY the GOAT FLAT OUT!! Over MJ, Russ, Wilt, and Magic. So I wouldn't put Magic over Kareem GOAT wise. Me personally, I have Cap at #2 only behind MJ. But if Magic NEVER RETIRED and played until his late 30's to even 40, he could have had an OUTSIDE chance at the #1 GOAT spot. Until Jordan three peated, Magic had the clear edge on MJ GOAT wise. But if Magic never retired, he might have gotten a another ring or two at some point. And his career numbers would have been SICK!! He could have amassed:

23,000 to 25,000 points
13,000 to 15,000 assists
8,000 to 9,000 rebounds

Papaya Petee
12-04-2015, 07:01 PM

So again. Why is mj #1

Here I'll help you with this one.
Because everything Kobe did good, Jordan was better at.
Every single aspect of basketball, Jordan was better
and in some aspects, a lot better
hence why Jordan is #1, and Kobe around 10

dhsilv
12-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Steph is getting tons of hate because he plays with a stacked roster, how about Bill Russell?

I mean by most accounts he was likely some seasons averaging more than 10 blocks a game...he is considered by a LOT of people the best defender by a wide margin in the history of the game. If he's the best defender ever by a WIDE margin, would that not make him top 10 individually?

Nuff Said
12-04-2015, 08:35 PM

He won 5 mvp's (more than wilt), rebounding titles over prime wilt, 12x all star and won as a player-coach, yet he's not top 10? But Lebron with all his struggles is?

BarberSchool
12-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Jabbar is no lower than #2 all time. Anyone saying differently is anti-muslim, or an idiot.

BarberSchool
12-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Jabbar is a fairly good author too.

Spurs5Rings2014
12-04-2015, 09:08 PM
I mean by most accounts he was likely some seasons averaging more than 10 blocks a game...he is considered by a LOT of people the best defender by a wide margin in the history of the game. If he's the best defender ever by a WIDE margin, would that not make him top 10 individually?

How exactly did you go from hearsay of second hand accounts of him being "the best defender ever by a wide margin" (utterly ridiculous, Wilt in his own era was as good, if not better based on Laz, Cavsfan, jlauber, etc posts) to him being 100% factually the best defender by a wide margin?

People like you are why ArbitraryWater's ancestors slaughtered millions of innocents.

Sheep gonna sheep.

Wade's Rings
12-04-2015, 09:11 PM
How exactly did you go from hearsay of second hand accounts of him being "the best defender ever by a wide margin" (utterly ridiculous, Wilt in his own era was as good, if not better based on Laz, Cavsfan, jlauber, etc posts) to him being 100% factually the best defender by a wide margin?

People like you are why ArbitraryWater's ancestors slaughtered millions of innocents.

Sheep gonna sheep.

:roll:

kennethgriffin
12-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Here I'll help you with this one.
Because everything Kobe did good, Jordan was better at.
Every single aspect of basketball, Jordan was better
and in some aspects, a lot better
hence why Jordan is #1, and Kobe around 10

I dont think jordan was a better scorer beyond 12 feet. Nor did he have kobes footwork. Kobe has more go to moves. Hooks. A better left hand. Kobe was his teams primary playmaking point guard. Pippen was that for the bulls. Kobe is the better streak scorer. He scored more in 3 quarters than jordan ever had through 4 quarters

The only thing jordan had on kobe was bigger hands. Slightly better defense. More leadership and more athleticism

Wade's Rings
12-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Jordan VS Kobe (age 21-26) (playoff stats)

Jordan : 36 / 6.9 / 6.7 on 59%TS (29.0 PER)
Kobe : 26 / 5.4 / 5.1 on 52%TS (21.4 PER)

Why the huge disparity when comparing their early years?

Not only that but compare their Playoff & Finals numbers.

dhsilv
12-04-2015, 09:30 PM

Sheep gonna sheep.

I said a lot of people consider him the best defender ever. I then took that, not a fact that he is, but as fact many believe it, to stating if he is then is it not reasonable he's top 10. Where was I confusing there? I never said anywhere in that statement that he was, it was a fact, or that I thought it.

I said if A=B then B = Top 10.