PDA

View Full Version : According to ESPN....

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 12:19 PM
"according to ESPN Stats & Information, Wednesday marked only the third time in Bryant's storied career that he made two go-ahead shots in the final minute of the fourth quarter. He hadn't achieved such a feat in nearly 10 years, with his last such game coming against LeBron James in 2006."

So Kobe hasn't hit big shots since 2006 against Lebron according to ESPN, while he was still wearing number 8.

https://youtu.be/qnHyhCYOgTI?t=7m33s

Then who the hell is that guy in the #24 Jersey hitting all of this "Go ahead" shots?

Advanced Metrics fuccing lie bro. Seems exclusively on Kobe.

Town's Town
12-03-2015, 12:23 PM
That is because most of his game winners throughout his career have looked like this:

Lakers down 2 with a minute - Kobe misses - Lakers play good D and get the ball back - Kobe misses - Lakers play good D and get the ball back - Kobe makes a 3 - Kobe stans act like he is clutch and played unbelievably

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 12:24 PM
That is because most of his game winners throughout his career have looked like this:

Lakers down 2 with a minute - Kobe misses - Lakers play good D and get the ball back - Kobe misses - Lakers play good D and get the ball back - Kobe makes a 3 - Kobe stans act like he is clutch and played unbelievably

Bullshit post number 1

Kawhi
12-03-2015, 12:29 PM
You can't read.

Cold soul
12-03-2015, 12:31 PM

Lol idiot this isn't true at all nice try though.

ISHGoat
12-03-2015, 12:34 PM

This is the mother phucking truth. The #s dont lie. The only reason Kobe has a clutch reputation is due to VOLUME.

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 12:34 PM
You can't read.

Bullshit post number two.

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 12:35 PM
This is the mother phucking truth. The #s dont lie. The only reason Kobe has a clutch reputation is due to VOLUME.

Bullshit post number 3

Kawhi
12-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Bullshit post number two.

"according to ESPN Stats & Information, Wednesday marked only the third time in Bryant's storied career that he made two go-ahead shots in the final minute of the fourth quarter. He hadn't achieved such a feat in nearly 10 years, with his last such game coming against LeBron James in 2006."

So Kobe hasn't hit big shots since 2006 against Lebron according to ESPN, while he was still wearing number 8.

Then who the hell is that guy in the #24 Jersey hitting all of this "Go ahead" shots?

The game you linked to, against Indiana, he had one.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=290109013&period=4

0:03 119-121 Kobe Bryant makes 18-foot two point shot

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 12:38 PM
The game you linked to, against Indiana, he had one.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=290109013&period=4

0:03 119-121 Kobe Bryant makes 18-foot two point shot

But that's exactly my point. Why try to make it seem unimpressive if he's only ever needed one shot to close the deal?? :confusedshrug:

That vid is a highlight of multiple shots.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Two go-ahead shots, OP.

I don't even think this is hating on Kobe - the guy hit a handful of daggers last night. Muf*ckin clutch explosion.

DMAVS41
12-03-2015, 12:40 PM
A few things;

1. That isn't an advanced stat

2. Stats aren't biased against Kobe... Really? This the new argument? That somehow people create stats that are solely unfair to a single player?

Town's Town
12-03-2015, 12:41 PM
Wow, OP is so dumb. Dude can't read the article he himself posted :roll:

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Two go-ahead shots, OP.

I don't even think this is hating on Kobe - the guy hit a handful of daggers last night. Muf*ckin clutch explosion.

I know it's two go ahead shot sample kuniva, but it insinuates that Bryant hitting these daggers is rarity not seen since 06. that shit is not true and I'm surprised people don't call them out on these damn near fabricated statistics.

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 12:45 PM
A few things;

1. That isn't an advanced stat

2. Stats aren't biased against Kobe... Really? This the new argument? That somehow people create stats that are solely unfair to a single player?

Whatever you wanna call it, it tries to paint a picture that doesn't support the claim. What does that even mean two go ahead shots? why only a min window?

Why not 5 seconds or less? Or even the last 5 minute of a quarter? I'm just confused on why they choose such a sample.

Quickening
12-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Whatever you wanna call it, it tries to paint a picture that doesn't support the claim. What does that even mean two go ahead shots? why only a min window?

Why not 5 seconds or less? Or even the last 5 minute of a quarter? I'm just confused on why they choose such a sample.

Always an excuse for Kobe when the stats dont back up his "super clutch" reputation

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Wow, OP is so dumb. Dude can't read the article he himself posted :roll:

That's an excerpt , not an article sweety. If you want the full article I can give you directions.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Skimming through the article now, I kinda get where Hoops is coming from

Why not appreciate the entire 4th quarter or handful of clutch shots in the last 5 minutes. When they single out the last 60 seconds, and point out that Kobe hasn't hit back-to-back go-ahead shots in the final minute, since 2006, that kind of devalues his performance to some degree. Or throws shade at his overall clutch ability, assuming you think b2b go-ahead shots during the waning moments of a game is common (its not).

Was it deliberate by ESPN? Can't really say for sure.

Town's Town
12-03-2015, 12:54 PM

You are changing your tune. You went from indicating that ESPN is being wrong to just questioning why they chose such a sample, because you realized the premise for your thread is wrong.

lilteapot
12-03-2015, 12:55 PM
OP straight up embarrassing himself

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 01:00 PM
You are changing your tune. You went from indicating that ESPN is being wrong to just questioning why they chose such a sample, because you realized the premise for your thread is wrong.

By saying these shots were Bryants first go ahead shots since 2006 vs Lebron, they insinuated last night was the first time in 10 years he's hit big shots to go ahead like that. Again, that's not true bruh.

To put a specific time lapse on it supports my point even further, why not just come out and say, the last time Bryant hit clutch shots like this was 2013?

https://youtu.be/AQd2h4X0O2E

Say for instance , do these not count as go ahead shots?

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 01:02 PM
Skimming through the article now, I kinda get where Hoops is coming from

Why not appreciate the entire 4th quarter or handful of clutch shots in the last 5 minutes. When they single out the last 60 seconds, and point out that Kobe hasn't hit back-to-back go-ahead shots in the final minute, since 2006, that kind of devalues his performance to some degree. Or throws shade at his overall clutch ability, assuming you think b2b go-ahead shots during the waning moments of a game is common (its not).

Was it deliberate by ESPN? Can't really say for sure.

Exactly.

It seems people are ok with eating shit just as long as some statistic supports it no matter the fabrications applied to fit the narrative.

Gus Hemmingway
12-03-2015, 01:03 PM

Yep and that's exactly how the "Kobe assist" was coined

clank
rebound
teamate banks it in

They literally defined a term specifically off Kobe's missed shots :lol

tmacattack33
12-03-2015, 01:03 PM

Umm, wtf...he hasn't made TWO go ahead FG's in the 4th quarter since then.

Which is probably true.

Does this mean he's not clutch? No, but that stat is not lieing. Stats don't lie. You can interpret the stats however you want though.

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 01:14 PM
Umm, wtf...he hasn't made TWO go ahead FG's in the 4th quarter since then.

Which is probably true.

Does this mean he's not clutch? No, but that stat is not lieing. Stats don't lie. You can interpret the stats however you want though.

By saying these shots were Bryants first go ahead shots since 2006 vs Lebron, they insinuated last night was the first time in 10 years he's hit big shots to go ahead like that. Again, that's not true bruh.

To put a specific time lapse on it supports my point even further, why not just come out and say, the last time Bryant hit clutch shots like this was 2013?

bro....

Town's Town
12-03-2015, 01:17 PM

You are so sensitive. ESPN stated facts and all you can do is cry and say it seems skewed.

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 01:23 PM
You are so sensitive. ESPN stated facts and all you can do is cry and say it seems skewed.

:roll:

How am I being sensitive? You bron stans are the most hyper sensitive bunch on this forum. So much so that you create new alts damn near every day to get away from the scrutiny of your brain dead posts pertaining to Hoops, Lebron and Kobe, then you just restart the process all over again and jump ship to a new alt faster than your boy changes Teams.

I think it's a viable topic to highlight ESPN's clear bias when it comes to Kob.

Why go ahead shots and not game winning shots?

Why such a sample size?

ISHGoat
12-03-2015, 01:24 PM

How am I being sensitive? You bron stans are the most hyper sensitive bunch on this forum. So much so that you create new alts damn near every day to get away from the scrutiny of your brain dead posts pertaining to Hoops, Lebron and Kobe, then you just restart the process all over again and jump ship to a new alt faster than your boy changes Teams.

I think it's a viable topic to highlight ESPN's clear bias when it comes to Kob.

Why such a sample size?

Bro you're being sensitive. You're still crying about it ffs.

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Trying to have a discussion is crying about it. Ok.

Only people complaining is Lebron faithful who worship stats like these about Kobe. :lol

Jameerthefear
12-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Hoops city having a meltdown.

sdot_thadon
12-03-2015, 01:41 PM
He did that exact specific thing and they cited the last time he did that exact thing. What's the issue? I mean they didn't make anything up.

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Hoops city having a meltdown.

How many child anime characters have you jerked off to today homo? :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
12-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Why you wanna know what I jerk off to? Gay ass n*gga.

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 02:11 PM
I stir clear of pillow fuccing pedophiles is all. :yaohappy:

Town's Town
12-03-2015, 02:13 PM

Why such a sample size?
First, not a Bron stan. So that attack means nothing to me. You are blowing smoke at nothing, mostly because you are now being sensitive.

Second, you are sensitive because ESPN has used arbitrary stats for years. Most point them out and say "Interesting but pointless." Sometimes they are pointing out positive things, sometimes they are negative things, but most people dismiss them. You however, have been crying about how this unfairly paints a bad picture of Kobe, when they do this all the time.

Town's Town
12-03-2015, 02:13 PM
Meanwhile you just asked a teenaged boy about his sexual habits. :hammerhead:

konex
12-03-2015, 02:15 PM
What a stupid stat. How often does a team get 2 possessions within the last minute of a tight game?

Town's Town
12-03-2015, 02:20 PM
What a stupid stat. How often does a team get 2 possessions within the last minute of a tight game?
This is all that needs to be said.

FKAri
12-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Your OP is worded strangely and then in posts you were arguing how the stat was factually wrong...and it's not.

However, it's a stupid stat that seems like it might confuse people into thinking Kobe hasn't hit clutch shots in a long time.

ISHGoat
12-03-2015, 02:26 PM

In b4 all the games tonight go down to the buzzer with lots of chucking in the final minute.

Gileraracer
12-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Total meltdown in this thread by OP

Town's Town
12-03-2015, 02:52 PM
OP denied being sensitive but made 2 topics about this: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391316

TomBrady
12-03-2015, 02:55 PM
What an Eli thing to say.

Spurs5Rings2014
12-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Kobe stans insecure as ****.

:oldlol:

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 03:12 PM
Why ya mad though

HOoopCityJones
12-03-2015, 03:14 PM
Meanwhile you just asked a teenaged boy about his sexual habits. :hammerhead:

How do you know Jameer so well? Aren't you new?:biggums: :oldlol:

Kvnzhangyay
12-03-2015, 03:15 PM

Well, considering the shotclock is 24 seconds, a lot of the time...

Yoda
12-03-2015, 04:12 PM
A meltdown the OP is having.

ArbitraryWater
12-03-2015, 04:19 PM
OP truly retarded...

So OP, find a game where Kobe hit multiple go ahead shots in the final minute since that Lakers/Cavs 2006 game, you can do it, GO! :cheers:

Hey Yo
12-03-2015, 04:26 PM

link

konex
12-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Well, considering the shotclock is 24 seconds, a lot of the time...

Not really. The team in the lead will usually milk clock or get fouled unless the game is tied. The scenario described in the OP is extremely rare for the last minute of a game

outbreak
12-03-2015, 05:04 PM
and OP tried to tell me in another thread yesterday he doesn't make kobe threads :facepalm OP melts down hard. Stats like that are stupid and pointless, everyone knows it so stop melting down because you don't like ESPN agenda driven hand picked stats.

Here's a new avy for you
http://www.displayfakefoods.com/store/pc/catalog/400_SPILL%20ICE%20CREAM%20CONE.jpg

ArbitraryWater
12-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Not really. The team in the lead will usually milk clock or get fouled unless the game is tied. The scenario described in the OP is extremely rare for the last minute of a game

Huh? Its extremely rare to get less than 2 possessions/shots in the final minute of a 1 possession game

Spurs5Rings2014
12-03-2015, 05:48 PM

sammichoffate
12-03-2015, 06:21 PM
ESPN just salty Kobe showed up against the team that beat their boy the other night :oldlol: