PDA

View Full Version : no one has ever called durant better or even = to jordan they have with steph

Hit_Em
12-03-2015, 05:25 PM
so that proves steph curry has already passed durant in the all time rankings :cheers: enjoy the rest of your day....Go Sixers!

warriorfan
12-03-2015, 05:26 PM
good ether bro

:cheers:

FKAri
12-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Durant can't be evaluated until he plays in an NBA offense. Right now he's just playing playground ball in OKC.

3ball
12-03-2015, 05:39 PM
Durant can't be evaluated until he plays in an NBA offense. Right now he's just playing playground ball in OKC.
:confusedshrug: :applause: :cheers:

Hit_Em
12-03-2015, 05:39 PM
fair enough youre right

MP.Trey
12-03-2015, 06:32 PM
That's what winning a championshup does for you.

WorldWarriors
12-03-2015, 06:34 PM
So that means he's safe from 3ball's endless comparisons.

Sportal
12-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Wasn't he compared to Jordan when he scored however many points, however many games in a row? Idk.

Also, when has this even happened with Curry?

Hit_Em
12-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Wasn't he compared to Jordan when he scored however many points, however many games in a row? Idk.

:biggums:

WorldWarriors
12-03-2015, 07:17 PM

Also, when has this even happened with Curry? I don't remember that. But the media started doing Jordan comparisons at the beginning of the season.

Sportal
12-03-2015, 07:27 PM

Let's have him win his second ring first, before we get carried away?

Fantastic start so far.

Fudge
12-03-2015, 07:33 PM
Let's have him win his first FMVP, before we get carried away?

Fantastic start so far.
:cheers:

Draz
12-03-2015, 10:47 PM
Durant envys curry

tmacattack33
12-03-2015, 10:53 PM
Curry's better than Jordan now?

You can't even make that argument offensively. MJ averaged 37 over a whole season once. Curry does that over a five game span and you people are going nuts :facepalm

And defensively it's not even close.

Naero
12-03-2015, 11:22 PM
When the hyperbolic fans and media try to compare one to Michael Jordan, they look for the cream-of-the-crop players in their Jordan-comparison concoctions; that's what we've been seeing with Stephen Curry in the incipience of this season, as well as LeBron and Kobe before him. As for Kevin Durant, he's never even been considered the clear-cut BITW; that distinction has been unanimously carried by LeBron, until the fans and media bequeathed it to Curry earlier this year.

Most comparisons with Durant were centered around LeBron, as the consensus has always been that the latter has a better chance of catching Jordan than the OKC MVP can. Durant was knocking on the door of eclipsing LeBron as the NBA's best in his career-peak 2013-14 season, as the masses started to have serious discussions about it; but most fell asleep on that ever since his season-sidelining injury befell him last year, and before his BITW status was wholly re-examined, Curry emerged as the clear-cut BITW.

Unless Durant somehow outperforms Curry unequivocally or goes on another historic streak

SpecialQue
12-03-2015, 11:54 PM
I've been fvcking saying this all season but none of you pieces of shit believed me. It's all been no, KD's MVP season was GOAT level blah blah blah and a bunch of fvcking dumbass excsues. Durant hasn't done shit except ride Harden and Russ to the finals and then get his shit pushed in. Meanwhile Curry's got an MVP, a ring, and is playing at video game levels right now where this shit ain't even fair. KD's points aren't even fvkcing legit since most of that shit's rip through free throw bullshit I fvcking hate that scumbag piece of shit so goddamn much my fvcking blood boils. FVCK KD.

SpecialQue
12-03-2015, 11:56 PM
Let's have him win his second ring first, before we get carried away?

Let's see KD win ONE ring before we start comparing him to Curry.

Cleverness
12-04-2015, 12:07 AM

I think players and media started comparing him

Wasn't it Kenny Smith who said Steph is like Michael Jordan, but replace dunks with 3s?

I know Kevin Garnett said, ""Like Michael Jordan was a whole other thing, this guy is his own thing. It's beautiful for basketball."

sportjames23
12-04-2015, 12:17 AM
so that proves steph curry has already passed durant in the all time rankings :cheers: enjoy the rest of your day....Go Sixers!

Anyone who's called Curry better or even with MJ is a fool or a troll. Your pick.

warriorfan
12-04-2015, 12:39 AM
I've been fvcking saying this all season but none of you pieces of shit believed me. It's all been no, KD's MVP season was GOAT level blah blah blah and a bunch of fvcking dumbass excsues. Durant hasn't done shit except ride Harden and Russ to the finals and then get his shit pushed in. Meanwhile Curry's got an MVP, a ring, and is playing at video game levels right now where this shit ain't even fair. KD's points aren't even fvkcing legit since most of that shit's rip through free throw bullshit I fvcking hate that scumbag piece of shit so goddamn much my fvcking blood boils. FVCK KD.

damn rip KD fam :oldlol:

Marchesk
12-04-2015, 02:40 AM
ISH has short memories. He was being compared for about a month during his MVP season. Certainly on here, with similar hype that Curry is getting now.

As for finals appearances, Durant's first one at age 23 against a better team was better than Curry's. It's just that Durant's Iggy laid an egg, and Scott Brooks is no Steve Kerr.

ClipperRevival
12-04-2015, 02:56 AM
MJ is the GOAT so any superstar that takes his game to a very high level will NATURALLY get compared to him. This is going to happen until someone matches him or surpasses him. Trust me, if someone legitimitely takes his game to MJ type level for a 10-12 year period, we will know it.

TheBigVeto
12-04-2015, 02:57 AM
Not really. The reason is simple. Durant's fans are not as delusional as Curry's fans.

ClipperRevival
12-04-2015, 03:08 AM
If Curry plays at or near this level for the next 10-12 years, wins 5 more rings and 5 fmvp and just continues to embarrass the league, then we can talk. But now? :facepalm

MJ is the all time leader in ppg for both reg season and playoffs. Also, in PER for both. So he wasn't just a volume scorer but did it with GOAT level efficiency. You have to remember that MJ's FG% as a Bull was over 50%. His 2 years with the Wiz dropped it a tad under 50%. He also averaged 31.5 ppg as a Bull. Again, his Wizards stint lowered it to 30.1. Curry is averaging 32 this season. MJ gave you that for his entire Bull career.

GOAT two way player. No one was ever able to turn D into offense as quickly as MJ. That's impact on both ends, which is crucial. Basketball is played on two ends.

FKAri
12-04-2015, 03:10 AM
MJ is the GOAT so any superstar that takes his game to a very high level will NATURALLY get compared to him. This is going to happen until someone matches him or surpasses him. Trust me, if someone legitimitely takes his game to MJ type level for a 10-12 year period, we will know it.

It's more likely someone will take their game to MJ's ability level than MJ's influence level. That's probably out of reach at this point. Unless that guy turns football and soccer fans to basketball.

Straight_Ballin
12-04-2015, 03:10 AM
Not really. The reason is simple. Durant's fans are not as delusional as Curry's fans.

No, but at least Durant fans haven't wasted the last 6 years of their life on here like lebron stans. I'm sorry, but when you have 3 teenagers with 10+ accounts each and 300,000+ posts between the 3 of them in just 6 years, all you can really do is point and laugh at the wasted effort. Lebron is now an afterthought as everyone is focused on what Curry is doing as well as Kobe's last season of poorly performing.

ClipperRevival
12-04-2015, 03:17 AM
It's more likely someone will take their game to MJ's ability level than MJ's influence level. That's probably out of reach at this point. Unless that guy turns football and soccer fans to basketball.

I don't know if anyone will EVER match MJ's on court legacy/impact. And I am not being some homer. But I do know that if this guy shows up, we will all know it. There are levels to greatness even amongst all time greats. MJ took it to the highest level. He very well might be the GOAT for eternity. Again, not trying to sound like a homer but when you look at his physical frame, his basketball athleticism, killer instinct, skills and rings, I don't know if anyone will match him. He was the perfect basketball player. Utterly dominant two way threat. Maybe an MJ with a 3 pt shot? But that player would attack the basket less, which was his strength.