PDA

View Full Version : Is Curry becoming the most overrated player?

IllegalD
12-04-2015, 12:01 AM
Let's look at some facts:

1) Curry isn't an elite defensive player (will most likely never make an All NBA Defensive Team)

2) Curry hasn't won a Finals MVP

3) Curry needed 3 All-star level teammates (4 if you count Draymond) to win the championship (Klay, Iggy, David Lee, Draymond)

4) Curry would struggle in more physical, rough-n-tumble eras like the 80s, 90s and 2000s.

5) Curry lacks iconic/signature moments that people will look back at when his career is over.

6) Curry got shut down multiple games in the Finals by an aussie midget scrub in Dellavadova.

Funktion
12-04-2015, 12:03 AM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/guns/headshot-suicide.gif

JohnFreeman
Current Curry would be great any era. This notion that 80's or 90's defense means anything is ridiculous. 80's defense in particular is a fvcking joke.

SpecialQue
Only f@gg0ts and pieces of shit think he's overrated.

imnew09
12-04-2015, 12:06 AM
Chef Curry with the shot boy

Goat shooter

Spurs5Rings2014
12-04-2015, 12:09 AM
Curry Fam rent free.

:oldlol:

stalkerforlife
12-04-2015, 12:15 AM

1) Curry isn't an elite defensive player (will most likely never make an All NBA Defensive Team)

3) Curry needed 3 All-star level teammates (4 if you count Draymond) to win the championship (Klay, Iggy, David Lee, Draymond)

4) Curry would struggle in more physical, rough-n-tumble eras like the 80s, 90s and 2000s.

5) Curry lacks iconic/signature moments that people will look back at when his career is over.

6) Curry got shut down multiple games in the Finals by an aussie midget scrub in Dellavadova.

:biggums:

FreezingTsmoove
12-04-2015, 12:32 AM
Why the **** does it matter if he has all star teammates

Spurs5Rings2014
12-04-2015, 12:35 AM
Dude said David Lee was an all-star caliber player that season with a straight face.

FKAri
12-04-2015, 12:38 AM
I think he's becoming underrated. The other day I heard some nigguh say Jordan was better than him :lol

wordsRweapons
12-04-2015, 12:39 AM
On ISH? nope that title belongs to Kawhi

Lebronxrings
hes a good player but its laughable how people think hes on a top 10 GOAT tier. Hes more like a nash type player who works well with the system and with certain players. I love curry and wish him well but hes merely the face of a great system with good players. Its not to criticize him, but it is what it is.

deja vu
People overrate anyone who has a legendary season. Just imagine if ISH was around when Kobe dropped 81 LOL everyone would be saying "OMG Kobe GOAT".

That said Curry is on his way to HOF status. I don't think he'll be top 10 GOAT when all is said and done, but he'll be an all-time great.

warriorfan
12-04-2015, 12:40 AM
Dude said David Lee was an all-star caliber player that season with a straight face.

:roll:

wow

Hawker
12-04-2015, 12:42 AM
People overrate anyone who has a legendary season. Just imagine if ISH was around when Kobe dropped 81 LOL everyone would be saying "OMG Kobe GOAT".

That said Curry is on his way to HOF status. I don't think he'll be top 10 GOAT when all is said and done, but he'll be an all-time great.

ISH was around back then.

outbreak
12-04-2015, 12:44 AM
Real talk: Curry is one of the most amazing players the league has ever seen this season.

SouBeachTalents
12-04-2015, 12:46 AM

A lot of that could be applied to Kobe 10 years ago, when he was 27 and one month into a historic season

Gus Hemmingway
12-04-2015, 01:02 AM
His hype is definitely well deserved imo

I've never seen anyone in my life be such a prolific scorer, he can offensively swing a game in minutes. Warriors can up by 2 and then in 3 minutes be up by 14.

He's automatic, if he's open its going in. If he's gaurded, 50% chance it's going in. And it's not like he's going to the line 15 times a game or taking 25 shots a game to get his 35 points.

30 footers, 35 footers, just a layup to him. Noones ever gaurded a player like that, how could they? Noones ever shot like that

He makes shooting 3's almost exciting as transition dunks

Curry now >>> Prime Kobe

Wally450
12-04-2015, 01:04 AM
Draymond's the 2nd best player on the Warriors.

Marchesk
12-04-2015, 01:08 AM
ISH was around back then.

Imagine if ISH was around during Jordan's prime. The stanning and hatred would make the Kobe/Lebron feud pale in comparison. I remember back then. Everyone either loved MJ and rode the Bulls bandwagon, or they couldn't stand him. And of course the media love.

It was bad for the haters back then. At least Lebron and Kobe lost finals.

SouBeachTalents
12-04-2015, 01:19 AM
Imagine if ISH was around during Jordan's prime. The stanning and hatred would make the Kobe/Lebron feud pale in comparison. I remember back then. Everyone either loved MJ and rode the Bulls bandwagon, or they couldn't stand him. And of course the media love.

Biggest difference to me though is that there's really not much you could say negatively about Jordan. After he started winning titles what could the haters truly say about him? They couldn't bring up shit like 2/6, Shaq, 2011 Finals, 6/24 etc. That's what makes the LeBron/Kobe debate so epic, as great as they are they both have several legitimate criticisms and failures on their resume

SyRyanYang
12-04-2015, 01:25 AM
I'll leave this here for those who can read
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/stephen-curry-is-the-revolution/

1987_Lakers
12-04-2015, 01:28 AM
So far this year Curry is averaging 32|5|6|2 on 52|46|94 shooting while making 5 threes a game, how can anyone call him overrated?:oldlol:

Marchesk
12-04-2015, 01:35 AM
So far this year Curry is averaging 32|5|6|2 on 52|46|94 shooting while making 5 threes a game, how can anyone call him overrated?

That's just ridiculous. He can't keep that up for 82 games, right?

warriorfan
12-04-2015, 01:38 AM
So far this year Curry is averaging 32|5|6|2 on 52|46|94 shooting while making 5 threes a game, how can anyone call him overrated?:oldlol:

the craziest part is that he is playing 34 minutes a game

bobopenguin
12-04-2015, 01:40 AM

dawg, u are crazy.

masonanddixon
12-04-2015, 04:02 AM
lol he's by far the best player in the NBA right now and every time hes on the court its an unofficial assist.

The league is garbage right now but hes basically playing at the highest level since Kobe from 05-09

LakersForlife
12-04-2015, 04:05 AM
lmao the biggest peace of shit argument. we could also say that all 2000 era stars are overrated what a cuck sacker

SugarHill
12-04-2015, 04:08 AM
lol he's by far the best player in the NBA right now and every time hes on the court its an unofficial assist.

The league is garbage right now but hes basically playing at the highest level since Kobe from 05-09
what makes him better than a peak lebron but not kobe? this should be good :lol

masonanddixon
12-04-2015, 04:10 AM
what makes him better than a peak lebron but not kobe? this should be good :lol

Because he's a much more prolific scorer than Lebron and his mere presence on the floor is an unofficial assist.

He's the PG version of Dirk.

Straight_Ballin
12-04-2015, 04:17 AM
Let's cut the bullsh1t here boys....

The real reason why Curry is special is because he is on a TEAM that is on pace to beat MJ and the Bulls all time reg season win record. I don't think anyone realizes just how big that would be. It would mean that Curry's team out did MJ's team, and that Curry was the leader of it all when it happened. Good defender or not, such an accomplishment would be HUGE! For the first time ever, we would see a man show us that he did something that Jordan could not do.

masonanddixon
12-04-2015, 04:20 AM
Let's cut the bullsh1t here boys....

The real reason why Curry is special is because he is on a TEAM that is on pace to beat MJ and the Bulls all time reg season win record. I don't think anyone realizes just how big that would be. It would mean that Curry's team out did MJ's team, and that Curry was the leader of it all when it happened. Good defender or not, such an accomplishment would be HUGE! For the first time ever, we would see a man show us that he did something that Jordan could not do.

it's insane how every team is going full out against the Warriors and still no one can touch them.

They will break 72-10.

iamgine
12-04-2015, 04:28 AM
Was Shaq overrated?

- Can't shoot

- Can't dribble

- Arguably worst FT shooter of all time

- Not an elite defender

- Needed Goat level coach and top 15 GOAT sidekick to win

- Only win after other great centers retired/old

- Only one MVP

- Got swept plenty of times

FireDavidKahn
12-04-2015, 04:44 AM
The guy is having arguably the GOAT offensive season ever while putting up the best PER every by a good 4 points.

Totally overrated:oldlol:

Paul George 24
12-04-2015, 05:41 AM
Current Curry would be great any era. This notion that 80's or 90's defense means anything is ridiculous. 80's defense in particular is a fvcking joke.
HANDCHECKED HIM,HE WILL BE DONE

dhsilv
12-04-2015, 06:07 AM

Lets start with no.

1. This is correct however at the point guard spot unless you're just awful defensively (he isn't) you don't move the needle much. In short even the best point guard defenders don't have nearly the impact you'd expect on that end so he gets a fair pass.

2. look awards matter to a degree. This isn't a legit issue with him. He was the best player of the warriors in the playoffs and to be honest he was the most important guy in those finals as well. iggy just had a great series in large part due to the cavs just letting him take open shots and he hit them. It's a sign of greatness to let others step up and help you win. Perhaps not basketball greatness, but greatness of character and intelligence. Only a few players in the history of the game could just demand the ball and win by pure force of will, and well....that's why MJ is MJ and everyone else should stop trying to be him. It doesn't work.

3. He had two. Klay and Draymond.

4. Based on what? He's physically bigger than most point guards from those eras, I know for some reason we have this view that he's a small guy. He's 6'3 190....he'd be a monster against 80's and 90's point guards. Lets add in he's got some of the best handles in the history of the game. Sure it's possible with the hand check a defender could change how he plays, but we've NEVER and I mean NEVER seen a guy who can shoot like this. He is changing how the game of basketball is played at a fundamental level.

5. His 3 point shot might not be "pretty" as far as shooting motion goes, but if a curry 3 isn't iconic, then nothing in the history of the game is.

6. Curry played poorly. You're taking a small sample size with far too many variables and trying to draw a conclusion based on not enough information. We all do it, I won't blame you for the error but you're making a pretty big mistake there.

Curry is right now having one of the greatest seasons we've ever seen, not just in basketball but in sports. He was great and I mean great last year, but this year his play is changing the game as we know it. Sure we're 20 games in, it's far too small a sample to start beating a dead horse but if he can keep up even close to this pace, we are very possibly watching the best season of basketball in the history of the game. We have 60+ games to go. Just enjoy it and lets talk after the season on where Curry's season and him as a player rank.

dhsilv
12-04-2015, 06:15 AM

It was bad for the haters back then. At least Lebron and Kobe lost finals.

lol, this is so true. It was amazing how no matter if you were 4 or 40 you had a STRONG opinion on the bulls and MJ. Nobody was like "I just like to see what happens"

dhsilv
12-04-2015, 06:16 AM
Biggest difference to me though is that there's really not much you could say negatively about Jordan. After he started winning titles what could the haters truly say about him? They couldn't bring up shit like 2/6, Shaq, 2011 Finals, 6/24 etc. That's what makes the LeBron/Kobe debate so epic, as great as they are they both have several legitimate criticisms and failures on their resume

What are the legit ones? You cited some pretty silly jokes people say but not meaningful...

TheImmortal
12-04-2015, 06:22 AM

LOL Ish was around back then brah.. and Kobe is the GOAT :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Asukal
12-04-2015, 06:28 AM
You guys are crazy if you think he is overrated. :oldlol:

A lot of points to make:
- He is on pace to lead his team to beat the Bull's 72-10 record.
- He is currently averaging over 30 ppg shooting a lot of threes and making them.
- He will most probably win another MVP this season
- He is definitely a good defender, PG position, specially in this era, is the hardest to defend with all the lenient dribbling rules
- His team is on pace to repeat this year and no team is really good enough to beat them
- He is clutch as hell

Why the hate?
:confusedshrug:

ballin33
12-04-2015, 06:46 AM
This thread proves how good Curry has become. Those at the top become the most hunted.

JtotheIzzo
12-04-2015, 07:18 AM

Dumb da dumb dumb!

Stop it, Curry is the best player we have seen since Shaq

RRR3
12-04-2015, 09:57 AM
Dumb da dumb dumb!

settle down there.

IllegalD
12-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Dumb da dumb dumb!

Exhibit A... :facepalm

DavisIsMyUniBro
12-04-2015, 11:17 AM
settle down there.

Well, in terms of this season...

literally the only season with an arguement is a few lebron seasons. even then, im not convinced.

lil_watz
12-04-2015, 11:17 AM
Who cares if Curry isn't a great all around player. Let me ask you, would you rather have the defensive player of the year on your team or Curry? I agree defense is important, but all the best defense in the world won't score points. If your team is down by 2 with less than a minute to go are you looking to put in your best defensive player or best scorer?

I was always told coming up that if you could score the basketball, you had a place on the team.

90sgoat
12-04-2015, 11:18 AM
lol, this is so true. It was amazing how no matter if you were 4 or 40 you had a STRONG opinion on the bulls and MJ. Nobody was like "I just like to see what happens"

Everyone was in awe of MJ worldwide after 92, maybe you hated he destroyed your team, but there was never any disagreement to his GOAT status, he was never hated, disrespected or disliked like Lebron/Kobe.

MJ was a world phenom, he and Michael Jackson were probably the two most well known people in the world. MJ was the 90s, the literal personification of the victory of American spirit over communism, an icon. You could ask a granny in Sweden and she would know him.

I want to make people understand that growing up with MJ was not just watching a basketball player, it was riding along a wave of unbriddled optimism in the 90s, when the world was seemingly safe, the dotcom boom still a boom and not a bust, the President was a cool sax player, not a half muslim SJW.

And watching MJ he never let his audience down, his career literally something out of a Hollywood movie, every time you thought he'd be done and couldn't overcome he delivered, and as his myth grew, he NEVER failed and then left us with an iconic last shot for the championship, which I watched live. After MJ, a lot of us thought now will come along another great guard like him and take over, Jerry Stackhouse was the first hope, then Allen Iverson, then Vince, then McGrady, then Kobe.

But there would never be a new MJ and the world went quickly to shit after 9-11.

And so, the fall of MJ was the fall of the Great American Dream:coleman:

IllegalD
12-04-2015, 11:19 AM
A lot of that could be applied to Kobe 10 years ago, when he was 27 and one month into a historic season

No they can't

1) Kobe WAS an elite defensive player and made an All NBA Defensive First Team that year

2) Kobe hadn't won a Finals MVP but it was because he played with SHAQ. Meanwhile Curry lost his to Igoudala. :lol

3) Kobe had ZERO All-star teammates that season (Lamar has never made an all-star team in his life. Hadn't even won his 6MOY award at that point)

4) Kobe would dominate in any era.

5) Kobe already had the Alleyoop to Shaq moment, which is one of the most iconic basketball moments ever

6) Kobe has never gotten shut down by a scrub in the playoffs. It takes entire elite/GOAT defenses to stop him (2004 Pistons, 2008 Celtics)

pauk
12-04-2015, 11:22 AM
Shooting wise, absolutely not, i think he is probably the best pure shooter i ever seen and this comes from a Reggie Miller stan, he is that at least from the 3PT line thats for sure.

As a player, perhaps a bit, but team success provokes that a big bit aswell... the proper way of measuring how great a player is (and his impact) is to see how the player does under various circumstances, difficult/different circumstances, like having his 1-2-3 main players injured (or himself playing through it) or having simply bad supporting cast for a while, just to see what his gamestyle for the outcome based on what he has to work with around him does and also to see how the team actually does when he is not playing or playing bad in a game.....
This prime Curry on this Warriors has/have yet to have such circumstances, they are the most stacked allround team on both ends of the floor and all have & still are 100% healthy (which is kindof lucky) for years now... as far as how Warriors are doing when Curry is kindof underperforming, i think we have seen a bit of that last Finals...

I think Curry is one of the top players, at the very top there somewhere, i just dont think he is the best player just yet... when people make that assumption so easily & so quickly, that he is the best player in the league, thats overrating.... but also perhaps underrating or simply hating on Lebron... or Durant...

Milbuck
12-04-2015, 11:32 AM
People just need to accept that Curry is every bit as good as his hype suggests and stop trying to find reasons to not be impressed. His physical profile and play style leads to skepticism..."there's no way this 6'3" chucker is this good..is he?".. But he is that good. Just flat out the best player in the world right now and is revolutionizing the game. His shotmaking is forcing us to re-think what is possible in terms of shooting. No one in history can do what he's doing but kids all around the world are going to work towards it now.

pauk
12-04-2015, 11:42 AM
People just need to accept that Curry is every bit as good as his hype suggests and stop trying to find reasons to not be impressed. His physical profile and play style leads to skepticism..."there's no way this 6'3" chucker is this good..is he?".. But he is that good. Just flat out the best player in the world right now and is revolutionizing the game. His shotmaking is forcing us to re-think what is possible in terms of shooting. No one in history can do what he's doing but kids all around the world are going to work towards it now.

There is no skepticism about his basketball ability / skills / how good he is / how cool his play style is, at least not from me... there is skepticism about evaluating his impact, team success, based on what he has to work with around him.... especially when you compare it to others likes Lebron (who is GOAT level at that).... especially when you have seen that difference last Finals / Playoffs...

Milbuck
12-04-2015, 12:09 PM
There is no skepticism about his basketball ability / skills / how good he is / how cool his play style is, at least not from me... there is skepticism about evaluating his impact, team success, based on what he has to work with around him.... especially when you compare it to others likes Lebron (who is GOAT level at that).... especially when you have seen that difference last Finals / Playoffs...Have you watched him play this year? Because if you have I find it hard to believe that your skepticism is based on genuine basketball judgement rather than your refusal to admit that someone is just better than Lebron.

You don't need to see Curry on a garbage roster to tell that he's head and shoulders above everyone right now. That narrative was semi-reasonable last season when Curry wasn't quite as good as he is this year, Harden was killing it on a less talented team, and Lebron was still Lebron...but right now it's Curry...and then everyone else.

Bankaii
12-04-2015, 12:51 PM
No they can't

1) Kobe WAS an elite defensive player and made an All NBA Defensive First Team that year

2) Kobe hadn't won a Finals MVP but it was because he played with SHAQ. Meanwhile Curry lost his to Igoudala. :lol

3) Kobe had ZERO All-star teammates that season (Lamar has never made an all-star team in his life. Hadn't even won his 6MOY award at that point)

4) Kobe would dominate in any era.

5) Kobe already had the Alleyoop to Shaq moment, which is one of the most iconic basketball moments ever

6) Kobe has never gotten shut down by a scrub in the playoffs. It takes entire elite/GOAT defenses to stop him (2004 Pistons, 2008 Celtics)
1) In 2006? Kobe was far from elite defensively. He was capable of it but usually coasted on defense and put all his effort towards offense. That First team All-D wasn't deserved.

2) Completely irrelevant. Curry has the same amount of FMVPs as Kobe did in 2006. And even worse, Kobe lost FMVP 3x in a row.

3) If you're going to list Lee and as an all-star teammate, you have to list Odom. I understand that Lee actually made a team but Odom>Lee and it isn't close at all.

4) Hypotheticals are dumb. I could say the same for Steph and neither of have any evidence to prove or disprove it either way.

5) Steph has plenty of iconic moments against the Clippers alone just as good (crossing entire Clippers team to step back 3, Making CP3 play twister with a cross) and obviously the Pelicans game tying 3 in the playoffs.

6) 2000 Finals? 2010 Finals game 7? Both were single converge for the most part. Unless you consider Jalen Rose, Reggie Millee, and Ray Allen elite defensive players:confusedshrug:

I don't particularly like Steph nor the Warriors, but the comparison can definitely be made.

Replay32
12-04-2015, 01:03 PM
1) In 2006? Kobe was far from elite defensively. He was capable of it but usually coasted on defense and put all his effort towards offense. That First team All-D wasn't deserved.

2) Completely irrelevant. Curry has the same amount of FMVPs as Kobe did in 2006. And even worse, Kobe lost FMVP 3x in a row.

3) If you're going to list Lee and as an all-star teammate, you have to list Odom. I understand that Lee actually made a team but Odom>Lee and it isn't close at all.

4) Hypotheticals are dumb. I could say the same for Steph and neither of have any evidence to prove or disprove it either way.

5) Steph has plenty of iconic moments against the Clippers alone just as good (crossing entire Clippers team to step back 3, Making CP3 play twister with a cross) and obviously the Pelicans game tying 3 in the playoffs.

6) 2000 Finals? 2010 Finals game 7? Both were single converge for the most part. Unless you consider Jalen Rose, Reggie Millee, and Ray Allen elite defensive players:confusedshrug:

I don't particularly like Steph nor the Warriors, but the comparison can definitely be made.

Thank you. And 2007 was arguably worse year for him defensively. I watched ever Lakers game. The coaching staff even called him out for his poor inconsistent defense.

Bankaii
12-04-2015, 03:59 PM
Thank you. And 2007 was arguably worse year for him defensively. I watched ever Lakers game. The coaching staff even called him out for his poor inconsistent defense.
I agree. I think most of it is due to his hype and capability but he has a few All-Defensive 1st teams that he definitely shouldn't have won. Anyone that watched Kobe that season say that he gave no F's on defense up until the Lakers got Pau and were contenders again.

riseagainst
12-04-2015, 05:27 PM
I think he's becoming underrated. The other day I heard some nigguh say Jordan was better than him :lol

:lol

Meticode
12-04-2015, 05:49 PM
hes a good player but its laughable how people think hes on a top 10 GOAT tier. Hes more like a nash type player who works well with the system and with certain players. I love curry and wish him well but hes merely the face of a great system with good players. Its not to criticize him, but it is what it is.
Curry is the reason the system works. People putting him GOAT lists already are knee jerking. He will go down as the greatest shooter in the NBA ever, but he has so much more basketball left in him people jump to what they think too fast.

DaOldLion
12-04-2015, 05:50 PM

brings up the bean for no reason

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Straight_Ballin
12-04-2015, 05:56 PM
There was a certain moment during last year's finals in which I new that Curry was going to take over the league at the start of the 2016. This guy not only has the greatest 3 point shot in the history of the game, but he is able to chain together moves which enables him to get that shot off anytime he wants. Now let's just let that sink in. We've all come off screens to get the three shot off or have been up against inferior defenders that fall for simple jab steps and the like, but when's the last time you've been up against an elite defender and was able to get that 3 point shot off with a good look any time you wanted? More often than not, we will not attempt that shot but will instead look at other ways to score. This guy is different and unlike anyone we've ever seen behind the arc.

WorldWarriors
12-04-2015, 05:57 PM
Curry is the reason the system works. People putting him GOAT lists already are knee jerking. He will go down as the greatest shooter in the NBA ever, but he has so much more basketball left in him people jump to what they think too fast.

Curry is the system. Yes they have good players but everything is built around him. Kudos to the Warriors for putting a great team behind their greatest player.

dhsilv
12-04-2015, 08:29 PM
Everyone was in awe of MJ worldwide after 92, maybe you hated he destroyed your team, but there was never any disagreement to his GOAT status, he was never hated, disrespected or disliked like Lebron/Kobe.

MJ was a world phenom, he and Michael Jackson were probably the two most well known people in the world. MJ was the 90s, the literal personification of the victory of American spirit over communism, an icon. You could ask a granny in Sweden and she would know him.

I want to make people understand that growing up with MJ was not just watching a basketball player, it was riding along a wave of unbriddled optimism in the 90s, when the world was seemingly safe, the dotcom boom still a boom and not a bust, the President was a cool sax player, not a half muslim SJW.

And watching MJ he never let his audience down, his career literally something out of a Hollywood movie, every time you thought he'd be done and couldn't overcome he delivered, and as his myth grew, he NEVER failed and then left us with an iconic last shot for the championship, which I watched live. After MJ, a lot of us thought now will come along another great guard like him and take over, Jerry Stackhouse was the first hope, then Allen Iverson, then Vince, then McGrady, then Kobe.

But there would never be a new MJ and the world went quickly to shit after 9-11.

And so, the fall of MJ was the fall of the Great American Dream:coleman:

In 92 MJ was perhaps the most likable guy out there, but fast forward to his second run, he had a LOT of haters. People were just sick of the same guy winning. A lot of people just wanted a chance and they strongly rooted against him.

GOBB
12-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Overrated if you think he is better than Lebron.
Overrated if you think he's the best shooter of all time.

Outside of that he's getting fair props.

I did come across a jackass or two saying they would take Curry over MJ. And its their opinion. :rolleyes:

Wade's Rings
12-04-2015, 08:35 PM

To Kobe stans because he got the award he was Elite Defensively :oldlol:

dhsilv
12-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Overrated if you think he is better than Lebron.
Overrated if you think he's the best shooter of all time.

Outside of that he's getting fair props.

I did come across a jackass or two saying they would take Curry over MJ. And its their opinion. :rolleyes:

Who is a better shooter? I mean up until now the list was basically Miller or Allen...special thanks to Bird in the 3 point contests. Neither are even close to Curry.

Curry is so far this year better than lebron. It isn't even up for debate.

Yeah I'm not calling Curry better than MJ but if he keeps this up for a whole season. This would be a better reason than anything MJ did. What Curry has done through 20 games is just insane.

WallIn
12-04-2015, 08:37 PM
He's the best player in the league at the moment and it's not even close. Dropping 40 on 50+/45+/94+ efficiency and in three quarters. That's absurd, like something out of 2K MyCareer.

Stats don't lie.

GOBB
12-04-2015, 08:39 PM
He's the best player in the league at the moment and it's not even close. Stats don't lie.

what does Westbrook stats say since that is ur argument?

WallIn
12-04-2015, 08:45 PM
what does Westbrook stats say since that is ur argument?

Worse efficiency in all categories, including over 5 turnovers per game.

He's more athletic therefore he grabs more rebounds per game. That's all he got on Curry. That's a bit harsh because in 9 out 10 other seasons he could have been a first option for an MVP. He's playing great but Curry is on another level right now.

GOBB
12-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Worse efficiency in all categories, including over 5 turnovers per game.

So curry better shooter. Awesome and im sure Westbrook ast to turnover ratio is better than Currys. So there goes that.

Make note, I'm not arguing that Curry cant be taken over Westbrook. But this no debate, not even close stuff? Nah, its a debate and close even if you still side with Curry. He's on fire, he's hot.

I remember when Durant was in these shoes. Its 2015 and no one cares about the guy no more. Just talking out loud.

greatest-ever
12-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Well idk about on here, but on Realgm there's talk about him being the GOAT peak, and that he'll end his career as a top 5 player ever. I disagree with both assertions. He's having what likely looks to be a top 10 peak of all time, but there does seem to be a bit of an overreaction to a 20 game sample.

tontoz
12-04-2015, 10:36 PM
None of the best shooters in NBA history ever did anything like what Curry is doing now, or even got close. Not only is he shooting 46% on 3s (on a crazy 11 attempts) but he is also shooting 60% on 2s.

Averaging 32 ppg with a TS of 70% is just nuts. Jordans best TS over a season was 61.4%.