PDA

View Full Version : Replace Curry with prime Wilt Chamberlain

Marchesk
12-04-2015, 01:58 AM
Wilt would be the point center. Run the offense through the post. Wilt can kick it out to three, hand it off to a player driving, or look to score.

24/24/7.8 on 68.3% for 68 wins that season as a reminder.

Klay
Iggy
Barnes
Green
Wilt

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/021/373/wiltswish1_original.gif

Donkey4trading
12-04-2015, 02:00 AM
would absolutly kill their spacing and eliminate the best thing about the best team in the entire league which is their point guards ability to open up the entire floor with his shot

dumb thread

SyRyanYang
12-04-2015, 02:02 AM
Wins 70+ games in the regular season and chokes in the playoffs.

Marchesk
12-04-2015, 02:02 AM
would absolutly kill their spacing and eliminate the best thing about the best team in the entire league which is their point guards ability to open up the entire floor with his shot

Clearly you replied before I added the gif where Wilt hits four three pointers in a row to win a bet.

Proctor
12-04-2015, 02:11 AM
They'd be the first team to go 82-0 and get swept in the first round of the playoffs.

Mr. Jabbar
12-04-2015, 02:17 AM
OMG!

They would make the Finals and its Wilt vs Lebron there!!. That would create a space/time anomaly, a black hole sucking everyone to another dimension, one where everyone chokes.

Marchesk
12-04-2015, 02:23 AM
They would make the Finals and its Wilt vs Lebron there!!. That would create a space/time anomaly, a black hole sucking everyone to another dimension, one where everyone chokes.

Good Job this time! Since it's an alternate dimension, imagine a Lebron/Shaq vs Kobe/Wilt final.

warriorfan
12-04-2015, 02:30 AM
OMG!

and where no one ever wins

LoneyROY7
12-04-2015, 02:31 AM
0/1 in the Finals.

Mr. Jabbar
12-04-2015, 02:33 AM
imagine a Lebron/Shaq vs Kobe/Wilt final.

bolded win easy. just imagine how primebe would dunk all over that era-exploiter telephone pole a la fright coward in the finals :lol :lol

Mr. Jabbar
12-04-2015, 02:35 AM
and where no one ever wins

:lol :lol Both teams losing is the only posible outcome, ALWAYS :lol

LAZERUSS
12-04-2015, 02:40 AM
0/1 in the Finals.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Yep...Wilt taking that roster, up against Lebron and a cast of clowns, and losing (instead of his usual Finals opponents which always had between 4-8 HOFers)?

And being carried by a bench player, and not getting a single vote in the FMVP?

LoneyROY7
12-04-2015, 02:42 AM

Yep...Wilt taking that roster, up against Lebron and a cast of clowns, and losing (instead of his usual Finals opponents which always had between 5-8 HOFers)?

And being carried by a bench player, and not getting a single vote in the FMVP?

Yeah, I didn't think that through...

Marc Gasol probably would've shut down Wilt down and knocked them out in the 2nd round.

LAZERUSS
12-04-2015, 02:44 AM
Yeah, I didn't think that through...

Marc Gasol probably would've shut down Wilt down and knocked them out in the 2nd round.

Goobersol? The stumble-bum who couldn't score when single-covered by the 6-6 Draymond Green?

ClipperRevival
12-04-2015, 02:44 AM

Ouch. Below the belt.

LoneyROY7
12-04-2015, 02:45 AM
I know they didn't have emoticons back when Wilt played, but that doesn't mean you need to spam them now. :facepalm

ClipperRevival
12-04-2015, 02:45 AM
They'd be the first team to go 82-0 and get swept in the first round of the playoffs.

Ditto.

LAZERUSS
12-04-2015, 02:46 AM

Wrong guy.

Shaq was the king of getting swept, and Hakeem was the king of first-round exits.

aj1987
12-04-2015, 02:48 AM
Clearly you replied before I added the gif where Wilt hits four three pointers in a row to win a bet.
Hit's 4 3's in a row to win a bet and chokes at the FT line in game 7 of the Finals.

warriorfan
12-04-2015, 02:49 AM
Hit's 4 3's in a row to win a bet and chokes at the FT line in game 7 of the Finals.

http://www.eventprophire.com/_images/products/large/body_bag_04.jpg

LAZERUSS
12-04-2015, 02:51 AM

Wilt in game seven's of the Finals...

19.5 ppg, 25.5 rpg, and on a combined .708 FG%.

His two HOF opposing centers in those games...

5.0 ppg, 12.0 rpg, and on a combined .400 FG%.

deja vu
12-04-2015, 03:47 AM
:applause:

Pushxx
12-04-2015, 04:01 AM
OMG!

:lol

Deuce Bigalow
12-04-2015, 04:08 AM
Finals loss

Spurs5Rings2014
12-04-2015, 04:35 AM

That's nice, man. Now could you be so kind as to post up his regular season stats as well as play off stats up to the finals? FT% would also be nice. Thanks and love.

Deuce Bigalow
12-04-2015, 04:42 AM

Let me guess you used Willis Reed's game 7 in '70 in those stats huh? When he played a couple minutes and couldn't even run. The same Reed who was 2-0 vs Wilt and won FMVP every time.

Asukal
12-04-2015, 04:52 AM
Suddenly ILt is relevant again. :whatever:

1987_Lakers
12-04-2015, 04:52 AM
I'll admit Wilt gets a little too much hate around here, but that is because we have nut jobs like LAZERUSS posting essays about how great he was and it gets annoying. If posters just keep quiet and don't shove their favorite player down our throat you won't see posters basically clowning on Wilt.

Nice job making this entire board hate Wilt LAZERUSS.:oldlol:

Jordan is next if 3 ball isn't banned soon.

Spurs5Rings2014
12-04-2015, 05:11 AM
I'll admit Wilt gets a little too much hate around here, but that is because we have nut jobs like LAZERUSS posting essays about how great he was and it gets annoying. If posters just keep quiet and don't shove their favorite player down our throat you won't see posters basically clowning on Wilt.

Nice job making this entire board hate Wilt LAZERUSS.:oldlol:

Jordan is next if 3 ball isn't banned soon.

To be fair, you did just shut down those Jordan stans in that other thread and Wilt would be even more different of a fit for the Warriors in place of Curry than Jordan.

GIF REACTION
12-04-2015, 05:14 AM
Wilt is in the league today

His name is Hassan Whiteside

Marchesk
12-04-2015, 05:41 AM
His name is Hassan Whiteside

Not Cousins?

:biggums:

aj1987
12-04-2015, 09:01 AM

1969 NBA Finals game 7:

West - 42 points
Baylor - 20 points
Wilt - 18 points and 4-13 from the FT line

Finals score 108-106 Celtics

Let me guess you used Willis Reed's game 7 in '70 in those stats huh? When he played a couple minutes and couldn't even run. The same Reed who was 2-0 vs Wilt and won FMVP every time.
:roll: :roll:

Injuries only count for Wilt and no one else.

LAZERUSS
12-04-2015, 10:03 AM

You mean the WILT who was playing in that game seven only FOUR MONTHS after MAJOR KNEE SURGERY, and who was nowhere near 100%?

BTW, Reed played 27 minutes in that game, and he either had a TON of help in defending Chamberlain, or fouled him.

LAZERUSS
12-04-2015, 10:09 AM
1969 NBA Finals game 7:

West - 42 points
Baylor - 20 points
Wilt - 18 points and 4-13 from the FT line

Finals score 108-106 Celtics

:roll: :roll:

Injuries only count for Wilt and no one else.

West: 14-29 FG/FGA and 14-18 from the line, including missing two FTs in the 4th quarter.

Baylor: 8-22 from the field, which BTW, was about his normal FG% in that series (.397.)

And you forgot to mention Wilt's FG% in that game, which was .875 (7-8), and his TS% (.621...which was higher than West's, and much higher than Baylor's.)

Nor did you mention RUSSELL's stat-line, which was DWARFED by Wilt (Russell scored 6 points, on 2-7 shooting from the field, and 2-4 from the line, for a TS% of .333.)

Chamberlain POUNDED Russell in that game seven.

Psileas
12-04-2015, 10:19 AM

Yeah, because there is plenty of evidence that Wilt was getting swept in first rounds, especially when posting dominant records, eh? :facepalm

Realistic scenario: Warriors post a (98-(-16) regular season record, becoming the only team in history to win a title without a single playoff game being needed.

aj1987
12-04-2015, 10:32 AM
West: 14-29 FG/FGA and 14-18 from the line, including missing two FTs in the 4th quarter.

Baylor: 8-22 from the field, which BTW, was about his normal FG% in that series (.397.)

And you forgot to mention Wilt's FG% in that game, which was .875 (7-8), and his TS% (.621...which was higher than West's, and much higher than Baylor's.)

Nor did you mention RUSSELL's stat-line, which was DWARFED by Wilt (Russell scored 6 points, on 2-7 shooting from the field, and 2-4 from the line, for a TS% of .333.)

Chamberlain POUNDED Russell in that game seven.
Sure he did. Didn't Russel win the championship that season?

Again, Wilt 4-13 from the FT line in a 2 point loss. A game in which West scored 42.

LAZERUSS
12-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Yeah, because there is plenty of evidence that Wilt was getting swept in first rounds, especially when posting dominant records, eh? :facepalm

Realistic scenario: Warriors post a (98-(-16) regular season record, becoming the only team in history to win a title without a single playoff game being needed.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

I get a kick out of these idiots who have never taken a moment to do any research before they post.

Chamberlain's TEAMs were losing game seven's to rosters with between 4-8 HOFers, and yet these clowns believe that a Wilt, with THAT Warrior roster, is going to lose to a Lebron-led team that has JR Smith as their second best player? Hell, they sure as hell wouldn't lose TWO games to that cast of mis-fits.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
12-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Ilt stans taking everything so ceral. Beta minded people for Beta minded Players.:lol :lol :lol

AirFederer
12-04-2015, 10:41 AM
A Fun fact; did you know Wilt won the first Slam Dunk Contest back in 1960?

He was the only participant, as he was the only one in the leaugue who could dunk, but that doesn`t take away from the high flying display Wilt put on. GOAT dunker? I think so.

Here is the winning dunk, an easy 50, even today :applause: :bowdown:

https://i.imgflip.com/qosj8.gif

And, to comment on the OP, I rank Wilt as a better shooter than Curry. You al know Wilt had a deadly fadeaway, no? At least there is a qoute of someone saying he came inton the League with at good shot. I guess when he said good, he didn`t mean 35% FG, which was anbove average in those days. No no, Wilt made at least 70% of his fadewayas, of that I`m sure.

DavisIsMyUniBro
12-04-2015, 10:42 AM
I really dont think people understand just how good curry is.

Peak wilt is probably better, but only for his defense

Honestly, I consider passing wilt to be the best wilt by far, but lets use scoring wilt to show how good of a scorer curry is.

and thats not disrespecting wilt... thats literally every other player in nba history.

I posted this in another thread, but since all of this seems sustainable, lets just show how effecient curry is.

Curry right now,

2pt 5.5/9.1

3pt 5.1/11

ft 5.8/6.2

Lets just increase volume, in accordance to per 48 minutes.

Obviously, volume = lower effeciency.

so lets assume that he shoots 45% on the rest of his 2 pointers. unlikely, he is shooting 60% from there, and leads the league in percentage in the paint, but whatever.

he would be shooting 12.84 2 pointers.

so 7.16/12.84 on 2 pointers

lets assume that he shoots 33% on the rest of his threes. considering that he is 4/8 from nonheave 30+ feet shots, its unlikely but whatever.

He would be shooting 15.5 3s.

So he would be

6.6/15.5 on 3s.

On free throws,

he would be shooting 8.75.

lets just say he makes 8.

so

7.16/12.84 on 2 pointers

6.6/15.5 on 3 pointers

8/8.75 on free throws

14.3+19.8+8

thats 42.1 ppg.

55.7% from 2 point range
42.5% from 3 point range
90.5% from free throws

essentially, thats 42ppg

shooting 2% less than 1999-2000 shaq (a tier one peak, obviously) INSIDE THE ARC

42+ from 3 point range

and obviously 90% from free throws.

and the thing is, anyone who sees curry play knows that he could take this many shots (well, not this many) but passes on some open looks in order to get the team into a "rythm." or get open layups with his "gravity." (P and Rs from the warriors are deadly because of this)

10% above average from 2 point range

7% above average from 3 point range

Obviously great at free throws.

remember, this is me taking a crap on his percentages as well.

also, consider he is a pg, meaning his fg% from 2 point range is "more" above his position.

realistically, he would still shoot 40% from 3 even if he was having sex while doing so.

and he would almost definitely still shoot above 50% from 2 point range.

so all in all, we have a still ridiculous efficiency, just 43ppg.

he could do it, just wouldnt be whats best for the team.

just to get his scoring abilities straight.

keep in mind, im only really adjusting for volume. hypothetically, adjusting for minutes means he would have roughly the same efficiency, just slightly lowered.

as for the question, Jordan and Lebron wouldnt make this team better than curry does right now.

honestly, defense can only peak at a certain level. the same can be said about offense, but its definitely a higher peak.

Curry is the perfect fit for this team. he makes the system, not the other way around.

LAZERUSS
12-04-2015, 10:44 AM
A Fun fact; did you know Wilt won the first Slam Dunk Contest back in 1960?

He was the only participant, as he was the only one in the leaugue who could dunk, but that doesn`t take away from the high flying display Wilt put on. GOAT dunker? I think so.

Here is the winning dunk, an easy 50, even today :applause: :bowdown:

https://i.imgflip.com/qosj8.gif

Of course, he was doing that on a 12 ft rim.

Just ask his college coach, Phog Allen.

DavisIsMyUniBro
Dont even like curry that much, just appreciate greatness.

Otoh, the idea that curry isnt in the same stratosphere, based on this season, as people like wilt, jordan, lebron, etc, offensively, is just pure crap.

Wilt might be the better player, but Curry fits the team better.

Curry is on pace to having a top 5 peak. offensively, lets get something straight, its number one.

LAZERUSS
I really dont think people understand just how good curry is.

Peak wilt is probably better, but only for his defense

Honestly, I consider passing wilt to be the best wilt by far, but lets use scoring wilt to show how good of a scorer curry is.

and thats not disrespecting wilt... thats literally every other player in nba history.

I posted this in another thread, but since all of this seems sustainable, lets just show how effecient curry is.

Curry right now,

2pt 5.5/9.1

3pt 5.1/11

ft 5.8/6.2

Lets just increase volume, in accordance to per 48 minutes.

Obviously, volume = lower effeciency.

so lets assume that he shoots 45% on the rest of his 2 pointers. unlikely, he is shooting 60% from there, and leads the league in percentage in the paint, but whatever.

he would be shooting 12.84 2 pointers.

so 7.16/12.84 on 2 pointers

lets assume that he shoots 33% on the rest of his threes. considering that he is 4/8 from nonheave 30+ feet shots, its unlikely but whatever.

He would be shooting 15.5 3s.

So he would be

6.6/15.5 on 3s.

On free throws,

he would be shooting 8.75.

lets just say he makes 8.

so

7.16/12.84 on 2 pointers

6.6/15.5 on 3 pointers

8/8.75 on free throws

14.3+19.8+8

thats 42.1 ppg.

55.7% from 2 point range
42.5% from 3 point range
90.5% from free throws

essentially, thats 42ppg

shooting 2% less than 1999-2000 shaq (a tier one peak, obviously) INSIDE THE ARC

42+ from 3 point range

and obviously 90% from free throws.

and the thing is, anyone who sees curry play knows that he could take this many shots (well, not this many) but passes on some open looks in order to get the team into a "rythm." or get open layups with his "gravity." (P and Rs from the warriors are deadly because of this)

10% above average from 2 point range

7% above average from 3 point range

Obviously great at free throws.

remember, this is me taking a crap on his percentages as well.

also, consider he is a pg, meaning his fg% from 2 point range is "more" above his position.

realistically, he would still shoot 40% from 3 even if he was having sex while doing so.

and he would almost definitely still shoot above 50% from 2 point range.

so all in all, we have a still ridiculous efficiency, just 43ppg.

he could do it, just wouldnt be whats best for the team.

just to get his scoring abilities straight.

keep in mind, im only really adjusting for volume. hypothetically, adjusting for minutes means he would have roughly the same efficiency, just slightly lowered.

as for the question, Jordan and Lebron wouldnt make this team better than curry does right now.

honestly, defense can only peak at a certain level. the same can be said about offense, but its definitely a higher peak.

Curry is the perfect fit for this team. he makes the system, not the other way around.

Curry is the greatest pure shooter in NBA history, and one of the greatest scorers.

No argument from me.

AirFederer
12-04-2015, 10:45 AM

I`ll of course simply take your word for that this is a 12 ft rim. Amazing :bowdown: :applause:

DavisIsMyUniBro
12-04-2015, 10:47 AM

why are people calling him ilt

I dont go or like ish as a forum much, its more like a relaxation place (I liked it when I was really young)

so im unsure of the past trends in the past few months

(Exploded when Jabbar became a curry fan)

DavisIsMyUniBro
12-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Curry is the greatest pure shooter in NBA history, and one of the greatest scorers.

No argument from me.

I really, really respect you as a poster. Sometimes a bit harsh, but hey, fan stands for fanatic right?

thing about curry is that, I really think he is the best scorer in nba history at this point (at least in the RS).

I mean, I dont see any competition anymore.

LAZERUSS
12-04-2015, 10:53 AM
I really, really respect you as a poster. Sometimes a bit harsh, but hey, fan stands for fanatic right?

thing about curry is that, I really think he is the best scorer in nba history at this point (at least in the RS).

His range is almost unlimited...and that, coupled with his unbelieveable handles...certainly a Top-5 scorer of all-time. Hell, if he was playing 40-45 mpg in TODAY's NBA, he would likely average 40+.

DavisIsMyUniBro
12-04-2015, 11:12 AM
His range is almost unlimited...and that, coupled with his unbelieveable handles...certainly a Top-5 scorer of all-time. Hell, if he was playing 40-45 mpg in TODAY's NBA, he would likely average 40+.

I mean, I dont understand why people cant put him at number 1.

I dont go to ish much (think the forum is too troll ridden at this point), but people seem to respect the "older" generation to much. talking about in general, even in the 2000-2010 era.

some players just seem untouchable.

I dont see why curry isnt teh consensous best scorer ever.

I mean, he shoots a better percentage inside the arc than shaq (and in teh paint as well)

he leads teh league in shooting in teh paint%, and shoots there more than 35ppg kobe did.

he really is more than a shooter.

over than past 20 games, while volume is an issue, he doesent just shoot a better percentage than the likes of jordan or lebron in teh paint, im pretty sure he dwarfs them.

personally, the only thing imo seperating him from being the GOAT is defense.

I mean, he actually would be averaging 8+ assists if he didnt take a different role too. draymond is taking the primary passing role, and curry is known to coast alot, even now, which makes his scoring even smaller.

as for in the paint scoring, basically, curry takes 30% of his shots in the paint. Jordan takes 42% of his shots in the paint.

But curry shoots a mind boggling 68% in the paint. Jordan shot 59%

Jordan is obviously better in the paint, but curry is far from just a shooter.

not arguing, just discussing

feyki
12-04-2015, 11:15 AM
4/8 3pt with hook per game .

aj1987
12-04-2015, 11:28 AM

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Lets not get carried away. He's by fat the greatest shooter, but scorer? Are you forgetting what KD was doing like 2 seasons ago? Dude put up 32 PPG on like 65% TS for an entire season as the ONLY offensive threat on his team (for a large part of the season). Curry is averaging over 25 PPG for the first time in his career. KD averaged UNDER 25 PPG once in his career. His rookie season.

DavisIsMyUniBro
12-04-2015, 11:40 AM
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Lets not get carried away. He's by fat the greatest shooter, but scorer? Are you forgetting what KD was doing like 2 seasons ago? Dude put up 32 PPG on like 65% TS for an entire season as the ONLY offensive threat on his team (for a large part of the season). Curry is averaging over 25 PPG for the first time in his career. KD averaged UNDER 25 PPG once in his career. His rookie season.

talking about one season.

Over the first 20 games, curry is doing the same, in way less minutes, on 70TS%.

KD imo is up there as well though.

But as for TS%, we have too look at it this way

KD scored 55% of his 2point shots and 39% of his 3 point shots

curry scores 60% of his 2 point shots and 45% of his 3 point shots, and averages much more points per minute (he barely plays in the 4th quarter)

if curry was the only offensive threat, he would be scoring more, because of his playstyle/mindset. (he is on cruise mode untill he decides to "turn it up" and score 20+ points in a row)

and the thing is, for obvious reasons, a 3 point shot is MUCH more valuable than a 2 point shot.

while durant is a great finisher in the paint, it doesent make up for the shooting difference. curry shoots 67.7% in the paint overall, with 30% of his attempts coming from there.

32% of durants shots come in the paint, and he shoots 68%

aj1987
12-04-2015, 12:18 PM
talking about one season.

Over the first 20 games, curry is doing the same, in way less minutes, on 70TS%.

KD imo is up there as well though.

But as for TS%, we have too look at it this way

KD scored 55% of his 2point shots and 39% of his 3 point shots

curry scores 60% of his 2 point shots and 45% of his 3 point shots, and averages much more points per minute (he barely plays in the 4th quarter)

if curry was the only offensive threat, he would be scoring more, because of his playstyle/mindset. (he is on cruise mode untill he decides to "turn it up" and score 20+ points in a row)

and the thing is, for obvious reasons, a 3 point shot is MUCH more valuable than a 2 point shot.

while durant is a great finisher in the paint, it doesent make up for the shooting difference. curry shoots 67.7% in the paint overall, with 30% of his attempts coming from there.

32% of durants shots come in the paint, and he shoots 68%
I don't get the minutes argument with Curry. Do you think he can be as healthy or maintain the same efficiency playing heavy minutes? How about turnovers? Dude's averaging almost 4 in only 34 minutes a game. You really can't penalize players for playing heavy minutes and still being that good.

Again, they have pretty much the same numbers, with the only difference being that KD's sample size is about 3 times larger.

DavisIsMyUniBro
12-04-2015, 12:26 PM
I don't get the minutes argument with Curry. Do you think he can be as healthy or maintain the same efficiency playing heavy minutes? How about turnovers? Dude's averaging almost 4 in only 34 minutes a game. You really can't penalize players for playing heavy minutes and still being that good.

Again, they have pretty much the same numbers, with the only difference being that KD's sample size is about 3 times larger.

the thing is, adjusting for 48 minutes, making the rest of his shots 45% from 2, and 33% from 3, which quite frankly wont happen, still puts him at 40+ppg on about Durants exact effeciency, with a better "spread"

jongib369
12-04-2015, 12:32 PM

dumb thread
You know having a low post threat like that would create spacing too right? Even without a bomber like Curry, they still have people to spread the floor.

aj1987
12-04-2015, 12:39 PM
the thing is, adjusting for 48 minutes, making the rest of his shots 45% from 2, and 33% from 3, which quite frankly wont happen, still puts him at 40+ppg on about Durants exact effeciency, with a better "spread"
Exactly. That was my point. He's not the "best scorer in nba history". We've got MJ, Kobe, LeBron, KD, who all are significantly better scorers over their careers.

If we're talking solely about the '16 season of Curry's, we've got Dantley, who put up 31 PPG on 65% TS over an entire season, MJ, who averaged 36 PPG over TWO seasons, etc..

We can have this conversation in April, if Curry can maintain his 32 PPG on 65%+ TS. If he manages 32 PPG on ~70%TS, then it might end up being the greatest scoring season.

DavisIsMyUniBro
12-04-2015, 12:43 PM
You know having a low post threat like that would create spacing too right? Even without a bomber like Curry, they still have people to spread the floor.

well, it wouldnt improve it. teh thing about curry is that, he has the same (well, not the same) gravity as many low post threats, but its in the perimeter.

looking at it in a team pov, spacing will only get worse. Curry actually leads the warriors to a ridiculous amount of open buckets.

the warriors offense is below league average with curry of the court.

Not only that, but I recall even the starters shoot mediocre percentages with curry off the court last year.

wilt would clog the lane, and while he would get alot of iso plays and things like that, he would need to convert at a ridiculous rate to match what curry is doing

jongib369
12-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Also considering how good of a rebounder, defender, passer etc etc Chamberlain was there's no doubt he gives the team more overall. Until Curry starts averaging about 8 rebounds per game, 35-40 points at the same FG%, 11 assists, and a threesome per game I'd make that trade. Though I'd prefer them together, since Curry is really something else to watch. Always felt as if the 3 wasnt used enough....Hope he stays healthy.

What do you guys think a prime Reggie, or Allen. Could of done with this kind o Green light? In their, or this era in place of Curry

jongib369
12-04-2015, 12:47 PM
Exactly. That was my point. He's not the "best scorer in nba history". We've got MJ, Kobe, LeBron, KD, who all are significantly better scorers over their careers.

If we're talking solely about the '16 season of Curry's, we've got Dantley, who put up 31 PPG on 65% TS over an entire season, MJ, who averaged 36 PPG over TWO seasons, etc..

We can have this conversation in April, if Curry can maintain his 32 PPG on 65%+ TS. If he manages 32 PPG on ~70%TS, then it might end up being the greatest scoring season.
Didn't see your response when I wrote the other post, I'll respond soon. On mobile

aj1987
12-04-2015, 01:04 PM
Also considering how good of a rebounder, defender, passer etc etc Chamberlain was there's no doubt he gives the team more overall. Until Curry starts averaging about 8 rebounds per game, 35-40 points at the same FG%, 11 assists, and a threesome per game I'd make that trade. Though I'd prefer them together, since Curry is really something else to watch. Always felt as if the 3 wasnt used enough....Hope he stays healthy.

What do you guys think a prime Reggie, or Allen. Could of done with this kind o Green light? In their, or this era in place of Curry
Allen did have a green light to score/shoot in their primes. Allen averaged ~20 FGA's a couple of times in his career and maxed out at ~25 PPG.

Reggie, OTOH, never really took too many shots in the RS. It was like he didn't give a shit about the RS. Stepped up in the PO's though. He could've scored ~30 PPG EASILY, if he took ~20 shots a game though. IIRC, he maxed out at ~25 on ~15 shots.

RRR3
12-04-2015, 01:07 PM
For everyone jizzing themselves at Curry's stats through 20 games, it's worth noting that LeBron put up very similar stats in the 2009 playoffs. Just saying.

DavisIsMyUniBro
12-04-2015, 01:11 PM
For everyone jizzing themselves at Curry's stats through 20 games, it's worth noting that LeBron put up very similar stats in the 2009 playoffs. Just saying.

well, I would put 4 players, including peak lebron, over curry, especially 09 lebron. imo the best playoff run ever.

riseagainst
12-04-2015, 01:32 PM
24-24-8 on 68%FG in the 60s is equivalent to 12-12-4 on 40%FG in today's game, which isn't too bad because he's at least still averaging a double double.

feyki
12-04-2015, 01:40 PM
24-24-8 on 68%FG in the 60s is equivalent to 12-12-4 on 40%FG in today's game, which is too bad because he's at least still averaging a double double.

And Kobe averages 70-20-20 in 60's . I love my modern and pop culture fat bros .

imnew09
12-04-2015, 01:55 PM

Plus a CHOKE Job. Dont leave out the important stat man

DavisIsMyUniBro
12-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Plus a CHOKE Job. Dont leave out the important stat man

he doesen't even choke lol

Andrei89
12-04-2015, 01:57 PM
I honestly believe, not even lying here, that Hassan Whiteside is probably just as good as Wilt Chamberlain. What an overrated ****ing ******.

LAZERUSS
12-04-2015, 02:04 PM
I honestly believe, not even lying here, that Hassan Whiteside is probably just as good as Wilt Chamberlain. What an overrated ****ing ******.

Which would make Whiteside greater than Kareem. Which would make Whiteside miles better than Hakeem, and by extension, miles better than Shaq.

Yep...makes perfect sense to me now.

aj1987
12-04-2015, 02:05 PM
Which would make Whiteside greater than Kareem. Which would make Whiteside miles better than Hakeem, and by extension, miles better than Shaq.

Yep...makes perfect sense to me now.
Except KAJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wilt.

DavisIsMyUniBro
12-04-2015, 02:06 PM

Peak Wilt>Peak Kareem

I have Kareem higher cuz of longevity.

jongib369
12-04-2015, 04:40 PM
I mean, I dont understand why people cant put him at number 1.

I dont go to ish much (think the forum is too troll ridden at this point), but people seem to respect the "older" generation to much. talking about in general, even in the 2000-2010 era.

some players just seem untouchable.

I dont see why curry isnt teh consensous best scorer ever.

I mean, he shoots a better percentage inside the arc than shaq (and in teh paint as well)

he leads teh league in shooting in teh paint%, and shoots there more than 35ppg kobe did.

he really is more than a shooter.

over than past 20 games, while volume is an issue, he doesent just shoot a better percentage than the likes of jordan or lebron in teh paint, im pretty sure he dwarfs them.

personally, the only thing imo seperating him from being the GOAT is defense.

I mean, he actually would be averaging 8+ assists if he didnt take a different role too. draymond is taking the primary passing role, and curry is known to coast alot, even now, which makes his scoring even smaller.

as for in the paint scoring, basically, curry takes 30% of his shots in the paint. Jordan takes 42% of his shots in the paint.

But curry shoots a mind boggling 68% in the paint. Jordan shot 59%

Jordan is obviously better in the paint, but curry is far from just a shooter.

not arguing, just discussing
How much do you know about the old generation? As in how much footage have you seen?

jongib369
12-04-2015, 04:44 PM
Peak Wilt>Peak Kareem

I have Kareem higher cuz of longevity.
1966-67 Philadelphia 76ers - World Champions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Np29MW_XN8

1966-67 NBA - A Year To Remember
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aECiYcdvIE

1965 Wilt battles Bill Russell and Nate Thurmond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPMUyRyTflw

jongib369
12-04-2015, 04:49 PM
What is Kareem better at?

aj1987
12-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Winning.

feyki
12-04-2015, 04:57 PM

Offence . 1964-68 Wilt same level as Kareem at offensive side . But his young ball hogger era and Lakers era isn't close to Kareem offensively .

64-68 Wilt also has goat prime in nba history .

Actually Wilt was showman when he came the nba , that was negative situation for Wilt's early career .

LAZERUSS
12-04-2015, 11:48 PM
Winning.

A prime KAJ's "winning resume" was considerably worse than a prime Wilt's. It wasn't until MAGIC arrived, that Kareem's "winning" was greater.

Of course, had Chamberlain had Magic as a teammate for TEN seasons, his "winning resume" likely would have been greater than Kareem's.

Individually, a prime Wilt DWARFED a prime KAJ. Aside from FT shooting, there was not ONE area in which Kareem was the equal of Wilt.

ShaqTwizzle
12-04-2015, 11:54 PM
-Win 82 games
-Make the Finals
-Get swept

So... Curry still the better choice.

ShaqTwizzle
12-04-2015, 11:57 PM

Much better scorer proved by his vastly superior playoff scoring stats.
+
Better passer. Based partially on certain stats but mostly on my eye test. Small gap though.
+
Much better mental toughness/mental shit in general.

Chamberlain was better at rebounding.
Defense is more or less a wash between the two based on my current views.

Psileas
12-05-2015, 12:26 AM
Magic.

Fixed.
Unless you'd also take 80's Kareem over 70's Kareem, as well...

LAZERUSS
12-05-2015, 12:39 AM
Much better scorer proved by his vastly superior playoff scoring stats.
+
Better passer. Based partially on certain stats but mostly on my eye test. Small gap though.
+
Much better mental toughness/mental shit in general.

Chamberlain was better at rebounding.
Defense is more or less a wash between the two based on my current views.

Vastly superior???

A prime "scoring" Wilt AVERAGED 33 ppg in his post-seasons, with post-season series of 37 ppg, 37 ppg, 39 ppg, and 39 ppg. He also had FOUR 50+ point games, including the ONLY THREE by a GOAT candidate in "must-win" games in NBA history.

And speaking of "clutch", how about their CAREER numbers in MUST WIN playoff games...

KAJ:

12-12 W-L

25.5 ppg, 12.0 rpg, .521 FG%

Wilt:

12-11 W-L

31.1 ppg, 26.1 rpg, .540 FG%

How about in their primes?

KAJ:

6-8 W-L

29.8 ppg, 15.7 rpg, .529 FG%

Wilt:

5-7 W-L

37.3 ppg, 27.6 rpg, .521 FG%

As for the rest of your garbage...

How many times did KAJ lead the league in apg? How many times did KAJ average 7.8 apg, much less 8.6 apg? How many times did KAJ lead the post-season in apg (and at 9.0 apg)?

Mental toughness?

KAJ basically mailed it in from '75 thru '79. It wasn't until MAGIC arrived that he started winning his rings. To be honest, Kareem had multiple post-season "choke jobs." Far more than Wilt did. I could list them, but it would take a couple of pages.

Hell, in their four years in the league together, a past-his-prime Wilt carried his teams to three Finals, while a peak Kareem managed only one.

Defense a "wash?"

A Wilt in his last two seasons, at ages 35 and 36, was voted first-team all-defense over a peak Kareem. And in the research we have, that Wilt was a FAR greater shot-blocker than that peak Kareem, as well.

ShaqTwizzle
12-05-2015, 12:54 AM
Vastly superior???

Yes my amigo.

ROOKIE Kareem averaged 35.2-ppg on 61%TS in 43-mpg
Absolute Peak scoring Wilt averaged 34.7-ppg on 54%TS in 47-mpg

Peak scoring Wilt (60-66) = 32.8-ppg on 52%TS (47.5-mpg)
Peak scoring Kareem (77-81) = 31.5-ppg on 60%TS (44.3-mpg)

Those are all playoff stats btw.

And speaking of "clutch"

Kareem was hitting clutch game winning shots in the Finals by 74 and was the MVP of that series (should have won his 2nd FMVP) and this all happened in his first 4-5 years.

Chamberlain didn't have a great Finals series in 67 and he choked away his 68/69 titles with his own teammate winning FMVP in 69...

Kareem was more clutch and not totally stat obsessed the way Wilt was.

LAZERUSS
12-05-2015, 01:13 AM
Yes my amigo.

ROOKIE Kareem averaged 35.2-ppg on 61%TS in 43-mpg
Absolute Peak scoring Wilt averaged 34.7-ppg on 54%TS in 47-mpg
:lol :lol :lol

Peak scoring Wilt (60-66) = 32.8-ppg on 52%TS (47.5-mpg)
Peak scoring Kareem (77-81) = 31.5-ppg on 60%TS (44.3-mpg)

Those are all playoff stats btw.

Kareem was hitting clutch game winning shots in the Finals by 74 and was the MVP of that series (should have won his 2nd FMVP) and this all happened in his first 4-5 years.

Chamberlain didn't have a great Finals series in 67 and he choked away his 68/69 titles with his own teammate winning FMVP in 69...

Kareem was more clutch and not totally stat obsessed the way Wilty was.

Kareem from 77-81 faced Walton, and Moses (who wiped the floor with KAJ in that series BTW), and that was IT.

When Kareem faced Nate and Wilt in the post-seasons from '71 thru '73, his scoring dropped by 7 ppg from his regular seasons, and his FG% dropped off the cliff from .563 in the regular season in that same span, down to .456 in those playoff H2H's. Imagine KAJ facing Russell and his HOF-laden teams in 60% of his playoff games in his peak seasons.

Wilt from 60-66 played in 52 playoff games, and 30 of them were against Russell.

And Wilt didn't have a great Finals in '67?

He MURDERED a PEAK Thurmond in that series. You know, the same Nate that outscored and outshot a PEAK Kareem in their '72 playoff H2H, and in KAJ's greatest scoring season of his career?

KAJ was blowing chunks in his biggest games too. You mentioned his monster rookie season. Guess what, in the clinching game of the EDF's, he was outscored by Reed, 32-27, in a blowout loss.

By ALL accounts, he was outplayed by Chamberlain in their '72 WCF's.

'73. KAJ shoots .428 against Thurmond, and takes his 60-22 Bucks down the toilet against the 47-35 Warriors in the first round.

You mentioned his "FMVP" in the '74 Finals. Of course, he completely disappeared in game seven, and on his home floor, in a yet another blowout loss...and was outplayed by Cowens in that game, as well.

How about '76, when KAJ came to a lousy Laker team. Think about this...in his '72 regular season, KAJ averaged 34.8 ppg on a .574 FG%, playing 44 mpg, for a team that went 63-19, and had a +11.1 ppg differential. Now, with a team that desperately needed KAJ to step up...he instead crumbled. H played 41 mpg, and averaged 27.7 ppg on a .529 FG%...for a team that went 40-42 and didn't make the playoffs.

How about his '78 season, when he had a roster of Wilkes, Nixon, Hudson, Scott, and Dantley...and they went 45-37, and were routed in the first round by a Sonics team with one borderline HOF player.

How about his '79 season, when he had the same roster as '78, and yet they only went 47-35, and again were routed by that same Sonics team in the playoffs?

'80? A great post-season run, to be sure. Then, how about game six of the Finals....when he chose to stay at home and watch the game from his couch...and watched in horror as Magic put up a game for the ages, and led his team to the most one-sided win of the series?

'81. Brutalized by Moses and his 40-42 Rockets in an epic first round loss.

'82. McAdoo contributes as much as KAJ does in the Finals, and all while playing considerably less. As usual, it is Magic who leads the team to a title.

'83. Castrated by Moses in the Finals, in an embarrassing sweeping loss.

'86. Outplayed by Sampson in the WCF's.

'87. Wins a ring as a third-wheel.

'88. Wins another ring as a pathetic fifth wheel, and completely blows chunks all over the floor in game seven of the Finals.

'89. Swept in the Finals, all after Magic went down.

'90. Retires, and the Lakers IMPROVE from 57-25 to 63-19.