PDA

View Full Version : kobe vs duncan

germanfellow
12-04-2015, 04:32 AM
if your asked who of these two is ultimately better, i think one has to give it to timmy for a very simple reason: he is by far, very far, the better teammate.

it could be true that peak kobe is the more talented player (maybe) - but basketball is a game of FIVE (or even ten/twelve) + the coach. and at that - duncan is unquestionably ahead of kobe.

with timmy you know what you get, that he embraces the (lesser) talent around him warmheartedly and assumes the role of a true leader. kobe is just a pseudo-leader in practice - he will march ahead, but will not turn around his head to see where the others are.

if you had to pick of the two to start your team - no sane gm would pick against timmy cause he will know what he will get out of timmy AND his team without much annoyance.

as a team- sports player there shouldnt be a discussion of kobe vs timmy; individual talent is a different thing - but basketball isnt tennis and team matters.

1987_Lakers
12-04-2015, 04:37 AM
If you ask the casual fan he will say Kobe.

If you ask the true fan it is 60/40 in favor of Duncan

Duncan has been out of his prime for so long that I don't think people remember how dominant he was during that '99-'05 span, especially in 2003 when he led a team with an ancient D. Robinson and young inconsistent role players to a title.

Spurs5Rings2014
12-04-2015, 04:40 AM
Welcome back, germanfellow!

As a life-long Kobe fan, I begrudgingly agree with your stance. While Kobe is an all-time great talent when it comes to the game of basketball, Timmy is just flat-out the better teammate and leader here. You are a very smart man, sir. I would just also like to point out that another man by the name of Dirk Nowitzki is also a very good player and arguably better than my idol Kobe Bean Bryant as well. Now that we've got that straight, I have to go for now. Those Mamba highlights won't watch themselves.

Bye for now!

JonatanRey
12-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Welcome back, germanfellow!

As a life-long Kobe fan, I begrudgingly agree with your stance. While Kobe is an all-time great talent when it comes to the game of basketball, Timmy is just flat-out the better teammate and leader here. You are a very smart man, sir. I would just also like to point out that another man by the name of Dirk Nowitzki is also a very good player and arguably better than my idol Kobe Bean Bryant as well. Now that we've got that straight, I have to go for now. Those Mamba highlights won't watch themselves.

Bye for now!

You are wrong by saying that Dirk is "arguably better man than" Vino. It's not your fault, though, it's Kobe's. He should have stopped playing ball in 2013.