PDA

View Full Version : Paul George is the only top 5 player who will go unnoticed going 4-17 FG, 0-9 3PT

J Shuttlesworth
12-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Absolutely terrible game from him. 11 pts, 5 turnovers, 4-17 shooting, 0-9 from 3, -12.

Before you say it's because he got hurt, he was already 0-8 from 3 before then.

stalkerforlife
12-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Current Kobe > Prime George

coin24
12-04-2015, 02:14 PM
For the millionth time, nobody watches the pacers:facepalm

J Shuttlesworth
12-04-2015, 02:15 PM
For the millionth time, nobody watches the pacers:facepalm
I've been watching them a bit :confusedshrug: It was the best game on last night after the Heat/OKC game.

Dro
12-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Why is everyone around here always in a hurry to hate on a great player? Anyway, since I'm sure nobody actually watched the game, he was obviously tired from what I can tell. He didnt' have his legs. It seemed like the first time this season where a back to back has really affected him.

Only thing I didn't like is that he kept launching 3's...

Pushxx
12-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Why is everyone around here always in a hurry to hate on a great player?

Agendas. They like certain players more than they respect basketball.

Levity
12-04-2015, 02:40 PM
Why is everyone around here always in a hurry to hate on a great player?

because 90% of the posters on here watch basketball for all the wrong reasons

WorldWarriors
12-04-2015, 02:47 PM
Everybody has a bad game from time to time. It's a long season bound to happen sooner or later. It happens for everybody.

tmacattack33
12-04-2015, 02:54 PM
George started 2014 looking like a super-star and didn't end it well.

So, to me at least, it is expected that he won't be able to remain top 5 all year long. So if he has a bad game I don't really care, because he's not top 5 to me anyway.

BlazerRed
12-04-2015, 02:55 PM
That's because no one really noticed when he was tearing it up either.

tmacattack33
Why is everyone around here always in a hurry to hate on a great player? Anyway, since I'm sure nobody actually watched the game, he was obviously tired from what I can tell. He didnt' have his legs. It seemed like the first time this season where a back to back has really affected him.

Only thing I didn't like is that he kept launching 3's...

:roll:

He was "tired"?

LOL.

Could you imagine someone defending Durant...saying he was "tired". Or Westbrook, Lebron, or Curry.

This is exactly the OP's point. Nobody cares if George has a bad game, because we don't view him as a legit super-star anyway.

imdaman99
It's not like he had 2 or 3 bad games in a row. If this was going on continuously or over a week, than it's newsworthy. Everyone has really bad every games now and than, even stars.

VeeCee15
12-04-2015, 02:56 PM
no one cares whether Paul George scores 30+ pts or 0 pts.
Just no one cares

Orlando Magic
12-04-2015, 03:00 PM
How the **** is he a top 5 player?

LeBron
Durant
Curry
Westbrook
Paul
Porzingis
Davis

So... how is he top 5 again?

HurricaneKid
12-04-2015, 03:01 PM
PG13 is top 5 now? That seems premature.

Dro
12-04-2015, 03:01 PM

He was "tired"?

LOL.

Could you imagine someone defending Durant...saying he was "tired". Or Westbrook, Lebron, or Curry.

This is exactly the OP's point. Nobody cares if George has a bad game, because we don't view him as a legit super-star anyway.
Let's see, a guy who missed the entire year with a BROKEN LEG in case you just woke up yesterday. HIS LEGS. You know the first thing to go when you get tired?

He has to still get used to playing a back to back ON THE ROAD. Game started in LA last night at 10:30, tonights game started at 10:00. I don't care about Durant, if Durant just came back from a horrific injury and admitted to being tired in the post game (again, you obviously didn't watch it, don't live in Indiana so you probably didn't even see the post game). The guy said he was tired. It should've been OBVIOUS to anybody who actually watched the game but as we know, ish doesn't watch the Pacers. He was tired, every shot he took after the 1st quarter was short, played lazy on D also where he is generally outstanding. He was doing a lot of reaching, not moving his feet, again, which is what usually happens when you're tired, then he got frustrated. Was committing stupid turnovers.

Dro
12-04-2015, 03:03 PM

He was "tired"?

LOL.

YOU DON'T. But he is whether you like it or not and superstars have bad games too...If he's putting up better numbers than your idol Lebron, and Lebron is a superstar. You can't even say that PG is playing LIKE a superstar? Whether he is or playing like one is irrelevant. If you don't pay attention to good teams, then thats just how YOU roll...Don't act like everyone on the forum makes comments about teams they don't watch like you do.

Dro
12-04-2015, 03:04 PM
I've never ever said he was top 5. Obviously OP claimed that suit an agenda, as other posters have pointed out...:confusedshrug:

tmacattack33
12-04-2015, 03:05 PM
This is the reason nobody cares about Paul George:

His stats in 2014 (the year he took a leap to become a star player...his best year so far):

Before Jan 1: 24 ppg on 47% FG

After Jan 1: 20 pgg on 39.5 % FG

Playoffs: 22.6 ppg on 43.8% FG

There's no need to go crazy over a player if he hasn't even had one year in which he plays like a star all year long.

Harison
12-04-2015, 03:06 PM
That's because no one really noticed when he was tearing it up either.

This :lol Nobody talks about PG either way.

Dro
12-04-2015, 03:09 PM

His stats in 2014 (the year he took a leap to become a star player...his best year so far):

There's no need to go crazy over a player if he hasn't even had one year in which he plays like a star all year long.
Ummm....the OP is NOT a Pacer fan, NOT a PG fan, so no Pacer fan or PG fan has made a thread claiming PG is ANYTHING. OTHER posters have been making these threads. So nobody's "going crazy" over anything....

Like other posters have said, you guys don't like the NBA, you like your favorite player. If you liked the NBA, you wouldn't have threads in your back pockets just waiting for a good/great player to have a bad game and then post about it like you actually watch the guy. You don't and you're posting in a thread made by a guy with an agenda apparently telling others to stop going crazy over a guy you don't watch play.

Dro
12-04-2015, 03:10 PM

Today nobody cares about him, all week, there's been thread after thread about him. So which is it?

warriorfan
12-04-2015, 03:10 PM
PG better than LeBron now

tmacattack33
12-04-2015, 03:11 PM
YOU DON'T. But he is whether you like it or not and superstars have bad games too...If he's putting up better numbers than your idol Lebron, and Lebron is a superstar. You can't even say that PG is playing LIKE a superstar? Whether he is or playing like one is irrelevant. If you don't pay attention to good teams, then thats just how YOU roll...Don't act like everyone on the forum makes comments about teams they don't watch like you do.

Please :facepalm ...this has nothing to do with Lebron.

It has something to do with me not liking it when phonies are given undue credit.

Let this guy show us just one year where he plays like a franchise player over the course of the whole year and then get back to me.

pastis
12-04-2015, 03:13 PM

LeBron
Durant
Curry
Westbrook
Paul
Porzingis
Davis

what? i would take pg over porzingis, chris paul and davis any day in the week right now. Anthony is talking the losses, while PG is making his team to a danger in the east. take pg away and indiana is directly in the lottery. take davis away....oh wait NO is already in the lottery with 4-15

Dro
12-04-2015, 03:16 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391340
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391328
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391297
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391281 Clipper game thread where folks are gushing over him

I'm just saying...some people do actually care about him...makes me no difference. I'm a fan of the NBA, I don't understand what being a stan feels like so I don't know how to hate on great players...

Dro
12-04-2015, 03:21 PM

It has something to do with me not liking it when phonies are given undue credit.

Let this guy show us just one year where he plays like a franchise player over the course of the whole year and then get back to me.
How is he a phonie? Please explain. This is what I mean by hating. The guy came back from a broken leg, worked his butt off and he's a phonie because he's playing well? Really?

Dro
12-04-2015, 03:23 PM

You act like the guy was playing great and just plummeted..The ENTIRE TEAM PLUMMETED. That had something to do with it. But again, y'all don't watch the Pacers, apparently you forgot the entire team was a running drama. Entirely different team, entirely different year. I agree, lets wait until he does it for the entire season, thats why I, MYSELF, haven't really been on here pimping him. Because I know the women of ish hate when somebody starts giving a guy some credit...

Levity
12-04-2015, 03:27 PM
ranking PG top 5 so far THIS season isnt all that laughable. hes putting up MVP numbers and the pacers went something like 12-3 in the month of november with PG putting up 30+ a game.

CarlosBoozer
12-04-2015, 03:29 PM
I can't imagine calling him paul or george, PG should be his permanent name.

J Shuttlesworth
12-04-2015, 03:37 PM
So far this season? Absolutely. He even has a case for #2. Before last game, they were #2 in the east. They started out 0-3 which is to be expected since he's coming off a major injury. After that, they went 11-2. He put up 27.7 ppg, 8 boards, 4.4 assists shooting 48% FG, 49.5% from 3 62.5% TS

Considering his two way impact, that's runner up MVP caliber shit

HylianNightmare
12-04-2015, 03:52 PM
I'll let it slide since he's been outstanding so far this year

imnew09
12-04-2015, 03:54 PM
played alot on his last game against Clippers.

No excuse, but still C-mon give him some rest :facepalm

ArbitraryWater
12-04-2015, 04:12 PM

LeBron
Durant
Curry
Westbrook
Paul
Porzingis
Davis

this a joke?

Anyway, one could easily have PG over Russ and Paul, and even Davis so far.

WorldWarriors
12-04-2015, 04:18 PM
The Guy is top 2 so far this year.

He's NBA player of the month along with Stephen Curry. He's been putting in work. This is the first bad game he's had.

It was probably a combination of being tired from back to back and being guarded by Aminu.

Genaro
12-04-2015, 04:43 PM
I put him in my top 10 somewhere. I would take him over Harden (a guy a lot of people put in the top 5) and maybe Leonard.
He was due to have a bad game since he's been playing really well.

tmacattack33
12-04-2015, 08:02 PM
You act like the guy was playing great and just plummeted..The ENTIRE TEAM PLUMMETED. That had something to do with it. But again, y'all don't watch the Pacers, apparently you forgot the entire team was a running drama. Entirely different team, entirely different year. I agree, lets wait until he does it for the entire season, thats why I, MYSELF, haven't really been on here pimping him. Because I know the women of ish hate when somebody starts giving a guy some credit...

Oh yeah, the whole team imploded. And he was the leader. So he let his whole team implode...what a great leader.

Thank you for giving me another point in my argument :applause:

knicksman
12-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Damn bran stans insecure too of PG. I guess this happens when youre idol is supposed to be in his peak yet being surpassed by 25 yr olds:lol

Vragrant
12-04-2015, 10:27 PM

People are too quick to crown guys "superstars". There's only 2 superstars in the L right now to me, Lebron and Curry. I like the way he's playing now, but let's see what he does in the playoffs.

ShaqTwizzle
12-04-2015, 10:34 PM
Paul who?
Never heard of him.

RoseCity07
12-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Aminu put him on lockdown. George was scared out there.

JohnFreeman
12-04-2015, 10:43 PM
He has been playing well so he is entitled to a bad game

Euroleague
12-04-2015, 10:46 PM

LeBron
Durant
Curry
Westbrook
Paul
Porzingis
Davis

PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE

WorldWarriors
12-04-2015, 11:45 PM
Aminu put him on lockdown. George was scared out there.
Aminu plays out of control sometimes but I always thought he could be a very good defender.

Legends66NBA7
12-05-2015, 12:34 AM
People are too quick to crown guys "superstars". There's only 2 superstars in the L right now to me, Lebron and Curry. I like the way he's playing now, but let's see what he does in the playoffs.

You don't think Durant's a superstar ?

Dro
12-06-2015, 07:39 AM
And the next game drops a career high 48 and almost single handedly leads the team to a win
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GdKthfmb16E

Dragonyeuw
12-06-2015, 09:36 AM

Durant and Westbrook?