PDA

View Full Version : Randle is Outplaying Noel

AirTupac
12-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Despite Noels higher expectations....

Randle actually has more points, rebounds, and assists per game and per 36, as well as higher FG%, FT%, PER, TS%, TRB% (total rebound %), and AST%. All while playing less minutes per game.

(and lower turnover %)

FKAri
12-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Word is he's not 100% healthy. Sixers training staff the Anti-Suns?

Okafor better insure his knees

Main issue however is that Noel doesn't look like he'll ever be an offensive presence. Even Ibaka level offense seems beyond his ceiling from what I've seen.

Cocaine80s
12-04-2015, 04:49 PM
No one gives a shit about either of them :confusedshrug:

Genaro
12-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Randle is a very good player, I think he could turn out into a good 3rd option a la Lamar Odom.
Noel is a elite defensive player but I don't think he will be a offensive force however. Terrible fit next to Okafor too.

AI09
12-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Noels been battling injurys a new position and trying to fit next to Okafor. Randle has been playing really well though.

Chokefree
12-04-2015, 06:20 PM
No one gives a shit about either of them :confusedshrug:
Be nice yo come on mang

TripleA
12-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Noel is awful on offense randle is awful at defense it evens out.

AirTupac
12-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Noel is awful on offense randle is awful at defense it evens out.

Randle is not nearly as bad on D as Noel is on O.

Nice try buddy boy.

GOBB
12-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Laker fan worried about the Sixers. :oldlol:

0-1 vs Sixers this season.

Gus Hemmingway
12-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Laker fan worried about the Sixers. :oldlol:

0-1 vs Sixers this season.
:applause: :applause: :lol

midatlantic09
12-04-2015, 07:01 PM
Noel isn't good, imo. He's just an energy guy with decent defense and a non-existent offensive game. It baffles me that Noel was even considered the #1 draft prospect before he got hurt.

Would you draft the equivalent of a rich man's Bismack Biyombo #1? I surely wouldn't.

GOBB
12-04-2015, 07:07 PM
Noel isn't good, imo. He's just an energy guy with decent defense and a non-existent offensive game. It baffles me that Noel was even considered the #1 draft prospect before he got hurt.

Would you draft the equivalent of a rich man's Bismack Biyombo #1? I surely wouldn't.

:facepalm

You got that MJ talent evaluation eyeball

I dont know why people continue to harp on his offense. It's never been his strong suit coming out of HS, coming out of college. Yet...people wanna talk about him. Why? Tyson Chandler, J.Noah, T.Ratliff, B.Wallace, M.Camby.

Noel offense will always be dependent on a PG. Sixers currently have no PG. Real simple. Noel will make his money (contract) being a defensive anchor.

Also you make this silly claim you dont know why he was the #1 prospect and who in that draft goes #1? Let me guess, this is where hindsight 20/20 kicks in. Go on I'm listening...

winwin
12-04-2015, 07:15 PM
http://watch.nba.com/video/games/sixers/2015/12/02/0021500263-lal-phi-kobe-intro.nba

FKAri
12-04-2015, 07:22 PM
:facepalm

You got that MJ talent evaluation eyeball

I dont know why people continue to harp on his offense. It's never been his strong suit coming out of HS, coming out of college. Yet...people wanna talk about him. Why? Tyson Chandler, J.Noah, T.Ratliff, B.Wallace, M.Camby.

Noel offense will always be dependent on a PG. Sixers currently have no PG. Real simple. Noel will make his money (contract) being a defensive anchor.

Also you make this silly claim you dont know why he was the #1 prospect and who in that draft goes #1? Let me guess, this is where hindsight 20/20 kicks in. Go on I'm listening...

Porzingis annihilated him on both ends the other night but I'm certain Noel's not 100% right now.

Pushxx
12-04-2015, 07:23 PM
I'd rather have Noel. Randle doesn't seem efficient enough considering offense is his biggest strength.

Plus Noel has been pretty incredible when his team doesn't play two centers at the same time. He was deadly on defense in the second half of last year.

He'll always be shit on offense though.

ClipperRevival
12-04-2015, 07:37 PM
Noel has the prototypical height, length and freakish athleticism to be a big time impact player but he seems to lack bball iq, feel for the game and drive. If he never corrects those, issues, he'll always underachieve.

Randle is sort of the opposite. Kind of small with below average wingspan but has a nonstop motor and the desire to put it on you.

Noel has the higher ceiling if everything pans out but if his heart isn't into being great, who knows. But that's why I love Randle, he just never stops going hard.

Pushxx
12-04-2015, 07:54 PM
Noel has the prototypical height, length and freakish athleticism to be a big time impact player but he seems to lack bball iq, feel for the game and drive. If he never corrects those, issues, he'll always underachieve.

Randle is sort of the opposite. Kind of small with below average wingspan but has a nonstop motor and the desire to put it on you.

Noel has the higher ceiling if everything pans out but if his heart isn't into being great, who knows. But that's why I love Randle, he just never stops going hard.

That assessment of Noel is wrong. Noel has a fine IQ and motor, especially on the defensive end. He just sucks at putting the ball in the basket and has very few skills on that side of the ball.

Genaro
12-04-2015, 07:55 PM
I'd rather have Noel. Randle doesn't seem efficient enough considering offense is his biggest strength.

He's a rookie (not technically though) and plays in a horrible system where he doesn't have easy baskets opportunities. Also, having Hibbert and no shooters clogs the lane.
He has some weaknesses finishing over size and a poor jump shot but this can be fixed with time. I guess that he will be over 50% in the next few seasons.

ClipperRevival
12-04-2015, 08:00 PM
That assessment of Noel is wrong. Noel has a fine IQ and motor, especially on the defensive end. He just sucks at putting the ball in the basket and has very few skills on that side of the ball.

I dunno. The few games I've seen of him, his head doesn't seem to be locked in the game. Bball iq is a big thing. If you are always just reacting and not anticipating, you won't maximize your talents. He also seems to lack drive.

All I know is that this guy should be beasting because the athleticism and length is there. Few bigs are as springy as this guy. I don't even care about his offense. He should be impacting the D end, protecting the paint, grabbing boards and putting down alley opps.

sammichoffate
12-04-2015, 08:05 PM
http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/12/3/9843044/la-lakers-julius-randle-rebounding-stats-analysis
He's 2nd in Rookie rebounding behind Godzingis even though he's technically not a rookie :pimp:

cranincu
12-04-2015, 08:15 PM
as much as people hate on kobe for not being a team player, he mentors the shit out of eveeryone that joins the lakers. he tamed bynum and ron artest. you don't see randle or russell throwing bows at club late at night. he's a true leader trying to keep his organization professional and trying to bring out the best in what he has. Noel has no shot on the 76ers

sammichoffate
12-04-2015, 08:17 PM
as much as people hate on kobe for not being a team player, he mentors the shit out of eveeryone that joins the lakers. he tamed bynum and ron artest. you don't see randle or russell throwing bows at club late at night. he's a true leader trying to keep his organization professional and trying to bring out the best in what he has. Noel has no shot on the 76ersReason why Okafor is getting into his stupid shit is because there's no veteran leadership on that team, oldest guy is like 23. People underrate what veterans can do for developing young players into stars.

GOBB
12-04-2015, 08:26 PM
Porzingis annihilated him on both ends the other night but I'm certain Noel's not 100% right now.

Did he? I missed the game. Noel isn't 100% but I'll need to see highlights of that game to see what you are saying. I'm sure youtube will have them. Not 100% or not, really not an excuse. But Porz isn't a bad player either. I like him. Kid plays with a swag.

GOBB
12-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Reason why Okafor is getting into his stupid shit is because there's no veteran leadership on that team, oldest guy is like 23. People underrate what veterans can do for developing young players into stars.

I agree veterans could help this team young players but I don't see how a veteran would have prevented that situation Oak was in.

sammichoffate
12-04-2015, 08:33 PM
I agree veterans could help this team young players but I don't see how a veteran would have prevented that situation Oak was in.Never know, a guy like Dr. J could definitely help him on the right path.

GOBB
12-04-2015, 08:41 PM
Never know, a guy like Dr. J could definitely help him on the right path.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Excuse my laughter. I was expecting white text saying "j/k". Oak can't relate to Dr.J. Bad mentor, you need someone younger than Dr.J. Ok already has a father, doesn't need another. I'm just saying

sammichoffate
12-04-2015, 08:48 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Excuse my laughter. I was expecting white text saying "j/k". Oak can't relate to Dr.J. Bad mentor, you need someone younger than Dr.J. Ok already has a father, doesn't need another. I'm just sayingIt's np :lol Well guys like Kobe and Shaq had Jerry West, Magic, and Kareem, Tim had Robinson, guys who've done it in the league and know how to behave professionally and have successful careers. Js Okafor wud benefit from that

Pushxx
12-04-2015, 09:18 PM
He's a rookie (not technically though) and plays in a horrible system where he doesn't have easy baskets opportunities. Also, having Hibbert and no shooters clogs the lane.

Noel plays in an even worse system with even worse players and an even more clogged lane.

Just saying.

Genaro
12-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Noel plays in an even worse system with even worse players and an even more clogged lane.

Just saying.
But I didn't say a word about Noel in that post, I was only talking about the Randle situation.
To be honest I don't know why OP is comparing them.