PDA

View Full Version : Modern Basketball - Most Consecutive Finals

dhsilv
12-05-2015, 08:33 AM
I was thinking about this as we see Lebron seem to get older by the day. He's been to 5 straight finals and he's been out of the first round 10 straight seasons. The only other player I can think of to do the 10 years is magic and even if didn't make 5 straight finals.

So has anyone even come close to doing both in a career? The more important question we have to ask is how they aged due to all those extra minutes. When you hear guys like Kerr talk about it, you hear how difficult 3 finals in a row was, but 5? or 10 years out of the first round...

feyki
12-05-2015, 08:39 AM
Oshkosh and Celtics , with 7 times .

dhsilv
12-05-2015, 08:48 AM
Oshkosh and Celtics , with 7 times .

who? when?

feyki
12-05-2015, 09:06 AM
who? when?

My fault , Oshkosh had 7 consecutive finals in nbl at between 38-42 .

Blue&Orange
12-05-2015, 10:05 AM
and who gives a shit?

Playing in a historically bad conference, in a comically bad southeast division during the Heat days. Who cares how many times you go to the finals when you lose FMVP to role players?

Cavs $110 millions 13-6, just because eastern just got a little better.

Blue&Orange
12-05-2015, 10:06 AM
ISH always in damage control as soon as Lebron loses.

dhsilv
12-05-2015, 10:10 AM
My fault , Oshkosh had 7 consecutive finals in nbl at between 38-42 .

Yeah not modern, where there are 4 rounds. The issue or interest is related to the minutes added to a player's body.

dhsilv
12-05-2015, 10:12 AM
and who gives a shit?

Playing in a historically bad conference, in a comically bad southeast division during the Heat days. Who cares how many times you go to the finals when you lose FMVP to role players?

Cavs $110 millions 13-6, just because eastern just got a little better.

The topic is about the minutes played and how it impacts future results. This isn't about bragging rights but to find comps to lebron to understand how his career arch will play out. How did you not get that and instead come up with such a generic and shitty response?

Are you a "special" person? I know 3ball is a low IQ and minimal potential person. Are you like him?

Blue&Orange
12-05-2015, 10:31 AM
I know 3ball is a low IQ and minimal potential person. Are you like him?
Well he is annoying. But he also shit on idiots like you left and right in terms of basketball knowledge, so if he is low IQ what are you?

LeExcuses in full mode, one month into the season and already paving the excuses road for 2/7.

Nice job man.

Lebronstans:

Lebron sucks, he is coasting he will turn it up in the playoffs!
Lebron sucks, he played to many minutes!

I<3NBA
12-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Well he is annoying. But he also shit on idiots like you left and right in terms of basketball knowledge, so if he is low IQ what are you?

LeExcuses in full mode, one month into the season and already paving the excuses road for 2/7.

Nice job man.

Lebronstans:

you're a goddamn irrational Lebron hater

OP seems genuinely interested about this topic and isn't foisting an agenda on us.

but you wouldn't know that because your hate blinds you,

you fkn f@gg0t

dhsilv
12-05-2015, 11:38 AM

Nice job man.

Lebronstans:

I firmly hate lebron...so I'm not sure your point here. I've more than a few times shut idiot ball down. Sadly he's not able to understand such things. Your response implies you don't understand my interest in the game vs my fandom which isn't what I was discussing.

Blue&Orange
12-05-2015, 11:42 AM
you're a goddamn irrational Lebron hater

OP seems genuinely interested about this topic and isn't foisting an agenda on us.

but you wouldn't know that because your hate blinds you,

you fkn f@gg0t
lol

I'm still waiting for the day some Lebrontard is able to argue something i say with anything but insult.

they missing Shump, their best defender. nothing to worry about.
hahahhahahaha

dhsilv
12-05-2015, 11:47 AM
lol

I'm still waiting for the day some Lebrontard is able to argue something i say with anything but insult.

hahahhahahaha

Grow up, seriously.

Straight_Ballin
12-05-2015, 12:01 PM
lol

That ship has already set sail. Letard is so irrelevant these days that even his former stans don't post about him on here 24/7 like they use to. Instead they spend all their time crying themselves to sleep as they look up at the sky and shake their fists in anguish over a 2/6 losing finals record. That's the difference between Letard stans and Jordan stans. Bron will just be remembered as some guy who played during Kobe and Curry's years. Kind of like how Drexler played during MJ's years.

When I think about some pathetic letard stans life and how it must suck in comparison to my successful happy life, I just chuckle, shake my head, and realize how bad it would suck to never have witnessed real greatness like MJ. Talk about being robbed out of witnessing the greatest thing that the NBA has ever offered and instead being left watching a bunch of players who will never be GOAT.

3ball may spend more time on here educating the idiots more often than he would like to, but at least he witnessed real greatness instead of watching wannabe's like Lebron struggle and fail at become GOAT. The constant damage control to support Bron's failures is the added icing on the cake. Thankfully that time is coming to an end. It's just sad that it takes a 2/7 record for it to finally sink in with some people.

feyki
12-05-2015, 01:32 PM
Yeah not modern, where there are 4 rounds. The issue or interest is related to the minutes added to a player's body.

Modern era = 4 rounds playoffs ?

İnteresting ..

Modern Basketball began at 1926 to me . They had college , training methods and sport economy .

dhsilv
12-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Modern era = 4 rounds playoffs ?

İnteresting ..

Modern Basketball began at 1926 to me . They had college , training methods and sport economy .

I suppose I should have said the modern playoff structure which is my interest. I'd say from an nba perspective the addition of the 3 point line should be the standard for the modern game itself. Not sure I'd agree with 26 given it was before there was professional basketball and that was still before the shot clock another important addition.

feyki
12-05-2015, 04:51 PM
I suppose I should have said the modern playoff structure which is my interest. I'd say from an nba perspective the addition of the 3 point line should be the standard for the modern game itself. Not sure I'd agree with 26 given it was before there was professional basketball and that was still before the shot clock another important addition.

Modern systems needs economy,methods and sources . Your point is metamorphosis .

3ball
12-05-2015, 06:49 PM
The topic is about the minutes played and how it impacts future results.. We should compare

MJ vs. Lebron at 43,300 minutes (Lebron's minutes heading into this season)

Jordan reached 43,300 minutes** right before the 1998 playoffs - so here's Jordan's 1998 playoffs stats at 35 years old vs. Lebron's 2016 regular season stats at 30 years old:

JORDAN: 32.4 ppg.. 1.6 oreb.. 3.8 dreb.. 3.5 apg.. 2.1 tov.. 1.5 spg.. 0.6 bpg.. 46.2 fg.. 54.5 ts.. 117 ORtg.. 28.1 PER
LEBRON: 26.2 ppg.. 1.5 oreb.. 6.3 dreb.. 6.5 apg.. 3.5 tov.. 1.3 spg.. 0.6 bpg.. 48.9 fg.. 56.1 ts.. 111 ORtg.. 26.1 PER

Btw, Lebron's body is only 30 years old, and therefore better equipped to handle 43k minutes than MJ's much older, 35-year old body.

Tbh, it's become too easy to demonstrate MJ's superiority to Lebron... From now on, I'm going to focus on Curry, since he can at least match some of MJ's offense and skill.

** Assumes Jordan's 3000 college minutes are worth 1000 NBA minutes