PDA

View Full Version : Wade & Bosh: Kobe Bryant best player of their era

TheImmortal
12-05-2015, 05:44 PM
While Shaq & Gasol also have Kobe as the best.. Bron stay losing. :lol

GrapeApe
12-05-2015, 06:27 PM
While Shaq & Gasol also have Kobe as the best.. Bron stay losing. :lol

Kobe is on the verge of retirement. It's a modicum of respect. When Lebron is nearing retirement I expect similar things will be said about him.

warriorfan
12-05-2015, 06:28 PM
Kobe is on the verge of retirement. It's a modicum of respect. When Lebron is nearing retirement I expect similar things will be said about him.

meltdown

34-24 Footwork
12-05-2015, 06:28 PM

Why do you expect that?

GrapeApe
12-05-2015, 06:33 PM
meltdown

That's a meltdown? :wtf:

I'm not even a Lebron stan.

GrapeApe
12-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Why do you expect that?

Because he's an all-time great and will likely go down as a top 10 player. Whenever a player of that caliber nears retirement, they will be given a high amount of respect and praise from their peers. I also expect the same for Duncan.

BigNBAfan
12-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Because he's an all-time great and will likely go down as a top 10 player. Whenever a player of that caliber nears retirement, they will be given a high amount of respect and praise from their peers. I also expect the same for Duncan.

3/6 posts, meltdown

BasedTom
12-05-2015, 06:47 PM
I wonder if Shaq is quietly resentful when he sees this huge reaction/derek jeter-esque retirement tour that he himself didn't really get

mehyaM24
12-05-2015, 06:50 PM
I wonder if Shaq is quietly resentful when he sees this huge reaction/derek jeter-esque retirement tour that he himself didn't really get

doubt it.

shaq = alpha dog for all 4 of his titles. i am sure he's content with his greatness, and being greater than every player he won chips with.

Hey Yo
12-05-2015, 07:00 PM
:oldlol:

not even close to comparison.

GrapeApe
12-05-2015, 07:17 PM
doubt it.

shaq = alpha dog for all 4 of his titles. i am sure he's content with his greatness, and being greater than every player he won chips with.

Stop it.

ArbitraryWater
12-05-2015, 07:23 PM
OP sometime stans Bron then hates Bron :biggums:

Used to be "Bron > Kobe" now it looks like he's changed to "Kobe > Bron" again, dat retirement impact.

Donkey4trading
12-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Dirk also said this about Kobe

mehyaM24
12-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Stop it.

at the very least, they're 1a & b.

shaq & zo (in spots) anchored those heat teams on defense while shaq, when healthy, CLEARLY held the most impact on that championship squad.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150418172617/http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ratings/2006.html

90sgoat
12-05-2015, 07:32 PM
at the very least, they're 1a & b.

shaq & zo (in spots) anchored those heat teams on defense while shaq, when healthy, CLEARLY held the most impact on that championship squad.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150418172617/http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ratings/2006.html

Shaq definitely still drew a lot of attention away from Dwade. It's often made out as Wade winning the ring by himself, but Shaq was still almost prime. Shaq also got outscored in parts by Kobe.

mehyaM24
12-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Shaq definitely still drew a lot of attention away from Dwade. It's often made out as Wade winning the ring by himself, but Shaq was still almost prime. Shaq also got outscored in parts by Kobe.

exactly - and that isn't taking anything away from wade. dude was one of the best players in that game that season, had a great playoff run, and while many believe those finals were "fixed", i just think the refs swallowed their whistles and he capitalized accordingly.

great year for him. people just underrate shaq & what he brought to the the table though - his longevity is completely taken for granted.

Wade's Rings
12-05-2015, 07:51 PM

Wade drew double-teams as well :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

GrapeApe
12-05-2015, 07:52 PM

Nobody claims Wade did it by himself and that Shaq wasn't important, but to say that Wade wasn't CLEARLY the best and most impactful player on the 2006 championship team is absurd. Wade overtook Shaq late in the 2005 season and it became 100% evident in the 2005 playoffs. At that point every Heat fan knew that Wade was the key to the Heat winning. We knew that the Heat would only go as far as Wade took them. Kobe outscored Shaq at times, but never by 10+ points for an entire playoff run and certainly never by 22 points in a finals.

90sgoat
12-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Nobody claims Wade did it by himself and that Shaq wasn't important, but to say that Wade wasn't CLEARLY the best and most impactful player on the 2006 championship team is absurd. Wade overtook Shaq late in the 2005 season and it became 100% evident in the 2005 playoffs. At that point every Heat fan knew that Wade was the key to the Heat winning. Kobe outscored Shaq at times, but never by 10+ points for an entire playoff run and certainly never by 22 points in a finals.

The Final should be discounted somewhat because of the obvious and admitted fix.

What I want to know is if Wade would have put up the same numbers with a lesser center. I say no. Shaq like with Kobe could have put up much more than 18 ppg if he had to. Shaq only took 12 attempts on 60%, don't tell me he could easily have scored 25+.

That's the thing, it was simply a better strategy to let Wade/Kobe do a lot of the scoring, but it all begins with Shaq being a threat. If Shaq is not a threat then you can double Wade/Kobe.

Wade's Rings
12-05-2015, 08:04 PM
The Final should be discounted somewhat because of the obvious and admitted fix.

:roll:

What I want to know is if Wade would have put up the same numbers with a lesser center. I say no. Shaq like with Kobe could have put up much more than 18 ppg if he had to. Shaq only took 12 attempts on 60%, don't tell me he could easily have scored 25+.

Wade has put Great numbers without Shaq in 2009 & 2010 and like I said Wade drew double-teams as well and his teammates benefited from him just as much.

That's the thing, it was simply a better strategy to let Wade/Kobe do a lot of the scoring, but it all begins with Shaq being a threat. If Shaq is not a threat then you can double Wade/Kobe.

So what happened in 2009 & 2010 without Shaq?

Straight_Ballin
12-05-2015, 08:12 PM

Kobe Bryant is viewed as a better player than Lebron by Wade and Bosh because he is exactly that. Ridiculous the levels people will reach to try and diminish the opinion given by players like Bosh and Wade....

GrapeApe
12-05-2015, 08:15 PM

You'e first sentence is so ridiculous I won't even address it.

As far the rest, forget about the fact that Wade averages 24 ppg on 49% for his career, just look at the numbers Wade put up without Shaq in the playoffs THAT SEASON.

Wade's Rings
12-05-2015, 08:17 PM
just look at the numbers Wade put up without Shaq in the playoffs THAT SEASON.

37/8/5/1/1.5 shooting 56% :bowdown: :bowdown:

90sgoat
12-05-2015, 08:23 PM
So this juggernaut Wade, apparantly carries Shaq and Zo and then the next year gets swept by Bulls and does NOTHING in the playoffs until Bosh and Lebron comes along.

Or rather, Wade's lack of success clearly relates to Shaq leaving his prime.

And his shooting takes huge dips in efficiency in 2008 when he doesn't have Shaq.

GrapeApe
12-05-2015, 08:26 PM
Kobe Bryant is viewed as a better player than Lebron by Wade and Bosh because he is exactly that. Ridiculous the levels people will reach to try and diminish the opinion given by players like Bosh and Wade....

Why would I want to diminish their opinions? I'm a Heat fan and therefore obviously a fan of Wade and Bosh. As individual players go, I'm more of a Kobe fan than a Lebron fan. I'm just trying to apply common sense that when a legend like Kobe is nearing the end, he's going to garner high praise and admiration from his peers. As I mentioned before, when Lebron retires he'll have similar things said about him. It's not that Wade and Bosh are necessarily "lying", but it's human nature to express admiration for someone you respect, even if exaggerated due to the circumstances.

Wade's Rings
12-05-2015, 08:28 PM
So this juggernaut Wade, apparantly carries Shaq and Zo and then the next year gets swept by Bulls and does NOTHING in the playoffs until Bosh and Lebron comes along.

And his shooting takes huge dips in efficiency in 2008 when he doesn't have Shaq.

Wade was hurt in the 2007 Playoffs and was hurt in the 2008 Season. Clearly, you don't watch basketball :lol

90sgoat
12-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Wade was hurt in the 2007 Playoffs and was hurt in the 2008 Season. Clearly, you don't watch basketball :lol

Sure and so was Shaq earlier what is your point.

GrapeApe
12-05-2015, 08:34 PM

His shooting took a huge dip when he dislocated his shoulder. Look at his numbers in 2007 before getting hurt. (29/8/6 on 50%, 30+ PER). Look at his numbers when back healthy in 2009 (30/8/5 on 49%, 30+ PER).

He did nothing in the playoff because had garbage rosters. I'm not sure anyone is making noise in the playoffs with rookie Michael Beasley as a second option, and in the 2010 playoffs Wade averaged 33/7/6 on 56%. Jermaine O'neal, his "second option", averaged 4 ppg on 21%.

Wade's Rings
12-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Sure and so was Shaq earlier what is your point.

You brought years he was hurt to make your point, that speaks for itself :lol

Straight_Ballin
12-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Why would I want to diminish their opinions? I'm a Heat fan and therefore obviously a fan of Wade and Bosh. As individual players go, I'm more of a Kobe fan than a Lebron fan. I'm just trying to apply common sense that when a legend like Kobe is nearing the end, he's going to garner high praise and admiration from his peers. As I mentioned before, when Lebron retires he'll have similar things said about him. It's not that Wade and Bosh are necessarily "lying", but it's human nature to express admiration for someone you respect, even if exaggerated due to the circumstances.

No, because they could have said that Kobe was "one of the greatest" in their era. Instead, they clearly said period point blank that he is the best player in their era, because they want to emphasize that he is better than Lebron. When Lebron retires, they will still say that Kobe was the best player of their era. Your assumption that they will go back and say different when they are on record saying that Kobe was the best in their era is a bit far fetched.

Lebronxrings
12-05-2015, 08:51 PM
they say it to make him feel good as he retires.

Its like when people call him one of the greatest players, no one actually thinks that except kobe stans.

GrapeApe
12-05-2015, 09:06 PM
No, because they could have said that Kobe was "one of the greatest" in their era. Instead, they clearly said period point blank that he is the best player in their era, because they want to emphasize that he is better than Lebron. When Lebron retires, they will still say that Kobe was the best player of their era. Your assumption that they will go back and say different when they are on record saying that Kobe was the best in their era is a bit far fetched.

I guess I've learned to take things said by players regarding other players with a grain of salt. For example, after the Heat won the title in 2006, Shaq called Wade the best player in the world. Later that off-season he called Wade "one of" the best players in the world, and now generally implies that he himself was the best player on that team.

Maybe Wade and Bosh really do feel that Kobe was better than Lebron, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if when Lebron retires they say something to the effect of "he was the greatest player of his time", "he's the greatest player I've played against", etc....

GrapeApe
12-05-2015, 09:08 PM

I guess I've learned to take things said by players regarding other players with a grain of salt. For example, after the Heat won the title in 2006, Shaq called Wade the best player in the world. Later that off-season he called Wade "one of" the best players in the world, and now generally implies that he himself was the best player on that team.

Maybe Wade and Bosh really do feel that Kobe was better than Lebron, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if when Lebron retires they say something to the effect of "he was the greatest player of his time", "he's the greatest player I've played against", etc....

kennethgriffin
12-06-2015, 12:09 AM
Imagine if fisher and gasol said lebron was the best player of their era

:lol

Just sayin. You gotta look at it from another perspective

:oldlol: