PDA

View Full Version : pretend you didn't hate lebron

Lebronxrings
12-06-2015, 02:03 AM
now would you think hes the best player in the world?

ISHGoat
12-06-2015, 02:05 AM
Without question. His impact is GOAT.

ShawkFactory
12-06-2015, 02:06 AM
I think you need to go to sleep because you have a tigtening with your orthodontist tomorrow morning.

He works Sunday's. All about appeasing his patients.

SouBeachTalents
12-06-2015, 02:07 AM
http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/5547e9f86bb3f7320b844bce-480/stephen-curry.jpg

Marchesk
12-06-2015, 02:08 AM

He was, but Curry is now, at least for the regular season.

SpecialQue
12-06-2015, 02:08 AM
It's so obviously Curry right now that it's not even funny.

AirBonner
12-06-2015, 02:11 AM
OP=shook Curry fam bout to take over this thread

DoctorP
12-06-2015, 02:11 AM
I don't hate LeBron but I think Curry's impact is greater right now. LeBron is the baddest mofo in the game tho when it comes to the complete package.

Marchesk
12-06-2015, 02:13 AM
LeBron is the baddest mofo in the game tho when it comes to the complete package.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/lebron_james_injury_010115.jpg

Alamо
12-06-2015, 03:52 AM
Whether you hate Lebron or not doesn't change the fact that he's 2/6

Spurs5Rings2014
12-06-2015, 03:55 AM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2540973/howarddealwithit.gif

WayOfWade
12-06-2015, 04:08 AM
Last year yes, this year no

Straight_Ballin
12-06-2015, 04:09 AM

:lol

$LakerGold
12-06-2015, 04:13 AM
I don't hate Lebron, but he really is just limited offensively, usually the case for players who tend to rely on their athletic abilities rather than skillset (Hell, their skillset could be formed because of their athleticism). You think he drives down the lane because he's smart enough to dance around down there? I think it's all from pure brute strength & will. Though, I think we'll never get to see him lose his strength, he's just that driven.

With his build, I think he might even be more defensive-minded as he age & lose his athleticism in the near future.

Curry tends to sleep defensively, Harden literally snores on defense.

No one's the best player in the world.

dhsilv
12-06-2015, 04:17 AM

3 years ago? Yes. Today? Well there's that curry guy kinda having the best season of all time.

dhsilv
12-06-2015, 04:18 AM

It also doesn't change the fact that finals records are the dumbest thing anyone has ever used to discuss a great player ever. It's so bad that people who post it are clearly mental midgets with serious and I mean serious mental problems.

CurryOverLebron
12-06-2015, 04:22 AM
This is how they are running MVP polls these days at NBA.com

http://i.imgur.com/8pffqap.png

ShawkFactory
12-06-2015, 04:24 AM

:oldlol:

Milbuck
12-06-2015, 04:28 AM

:roll:

Fire Colangelo
12-06-2015, 04:29 AM
Curry >>>>

Straight_Ballin
12-06-2015, 04:29 AM
It also doesn't change the fact that finals records are the dumbest thing anyone has ever used to discuss a great player ever. It's so bad that people who post it are clearly mental midgets with serious and I mean serious mental problems.

And yet the reason why the world considers MJ GOAT is because he is 6/6 in the finals with 6 FMVP. If MJ was 2/6, do you really think he would be the GOAT? Of course not, hence why finals records as the best player on your team and earned FMVP is the standard metric by which greatness is measured.

dhsilv
12-06-2015, 04:44 AM
And yet the reason why the world considers MJ GOAT is because he is 6/6 in the finals with 6 FMVP. If MJ was 2/6, do you really think he would be the GOAT? Of course not, hence why finals records as the best player on your team and earned FMVP is the standard metric by which greatness is measured.

The problem is jordan is jordan. There's just nobody else in that league. The 6 for 6 is just such a minor part of his career. It is also about how and when he won those 6. It's about his stats.

The thing is if you understand basketball you realize that jordan played the game the wrong way nearly his whole career and he was just so stupidly good the wrong way for him was the right way. Scoring champs don't win titles. They aren't the best players in the game. Generally speaking scoring champs are bad for their teams. MJ was just a whole other level of freak.

Timing worked for MJ. There were 3 all time great teams who all got old before he started winning. This isn't a knock on him, but more context for his career. He beat some great teams, but had he come around in 1980 how many times does he beat Larry Bird or Magic? Or the pistons or heck Philly?

If MJ Peaks in 2000 does he beat those laker teams all 3 times?

Jerry West is one of the most popular and famous players ever. He was called mr clutch yet he has a worse finals record than lebron. Are you going around posting that Jerry freaking West wasn't clutch?

What was Kareem's titles to MVP's ratio? If you're an mvp and you don't win is that a knock on you? It seems to me that THAT is bigger than finals record. MJ doesn't come off undefeated there but Kareem looks pretty bad with that context.

MJ gets all this credit but how many guys made it to more finals than him? How about people who made it out the first round more than him? Why is losing to the pistons in the conference less of a dig than losing in the finals to lesser teams? Again there's no logic here. It's just irrational fantasy stuff.

Look if you like to play roll playing games like dungeons and dragons the 6-0 stuff is fine. But basketball isn't a roll playing game. You can even take your pocket protector off as it won't make you look cooler talking about basketball, even if you're a quant doing statically regressions...odds are they don't bother with it either.

Fire Colangelo
12-06-2015, 05:00 AM
The problem is jordan is jordan. There's just nobody else in that league. The 6 for 6 is just such a minor part of his career. It is also about how and when he won those 6. It's about his stats.

The thing is if you understand basketball you realize that jordan played the game the wrong way nearly his whole career and he was just so stupidly good the wrong way for him was the right way. Scoring champs don't win titles. They aren't the best players in the game. Generally speaking scoring champs are bad for their teams. MJ was just a whole other level of freak.

Timing worked for MJ. There were 3 all time great teams who all got old before he started winning. This isn't a knock on him, but more context for his career. He beat some great teams, but had he come around in 1980 how many times does he beat Larry Bird or Magic? Or the pistons or heck Philly?

Jerry West is one of the most popular and famous players ever. He was called mr clutch yet he has a worse finals record than lebron. Are you going around posting that Jerry freaking West wasn't clutch?

What was Kareem's titles to MVP's ratio? If you're an mvp and you don't win is that a knock on you? It seems to me that THAT is bigger than finals record. MJ doesn't come off undefeated there but Kareem looks pretty bad with that context.

MJ gets all this credit but how many guys made it to more finals than him? How about people who made it out the first round more than him? Why is losing to the pistons in the conference less of a dig than losing in the finals to lesser teams? Again there's no logic here. It's just irrational fantasy stuff.

Look if you like to play roll playing games like dungeons and dragons the 6-0 stuff is fine. But basketball isn't a roll playing game. You can even take your pocket protector off as it won't make you look cooler talking about basketball, even if you're a quant doing statically regressions...odds are they don't bother with it either.

Bruh, why even bother with someone like him.

Dude can't even hold an argument without resulting to this 2/6 shit, it's a waste of time.

dhsilv
12-06-2015, 05:02 AM
Bruh, why even bother with someone like him.

Dude can't even hold an argument without resulting to this 2/6 shit, it's a waste of time.

hopefully if that stupid crap gets insulted enough, others join in, and we stop seeing it everywhere.

That the dream at least.

TheImmortal
12-06-2015, 05:07 AM
Curry and it ain't even close.

LeBron still lacks an outside shot and dominates the ball far too much which hinders his All-Star caliber teammates severely.

34-24 Footwork
12-06-2015, 05:16 AM
hopefully if that stupid crap gets insulted enough, others join in, and we stop seeing it everywhere.

That the dream at least.

It's just the new generation of people (like you) and basketball fans who praise/embrace losing instead of winning. Regardless if you liked Jordan, Kareem, Kobe, Magic, Shaq or Bird, they had winning records in NBA Finals. This is FACT regardless of how emotionally attached you are to one particular player.

Lebron is more like Wilt than anyone else of the modern era. Physically dominant and fills the stat sheet. But his style is less and less conducive to winning as he gets older.

DrakeTheSnake
12-06-2015, 05:18 AM
Curry is clearly the best right now no matter what bias you have. He is playing otherworldly.

dhsilv
12-06-2015, 05:30 AM
It's just the new generation of people (like you) and basketball fans who praise/embrace losing instead of winning. Regardless if you liked Jordan, Kareem, Kobe, Magic, Shaq or Bird, they had winning records in NBA Finals. This is FACT regardless of how emotionally attached you are to one particular player.

Lebron is more like Wilt than anyone else of the modern era. Physically dominant and fills the stat sheet. But his style is less and less conducive to winning as he gets older.

well for starters I hate lebron with a passion. I'm just not insane...I understand that my hate doesn't make him less of a great player. I just kinda never want to see him in a game and want him to lose every game he plays.

What you're missing is that before Jordan nobody EVER held players to the standard you're quoting. Dr J was considered one of the best ever despite not being a winner. Jerry West was mr clutch and people considered him a winner even win his poor finals records because, GETTING to the finals was WINNING to rational fans of the past. Kareem didn't win during most of his MVP years, but he's an all time great.

You complete have the changes to the game backwards. It used to be, that being a great player was all that mattered. Winning are important but people understood that winning was a stat not a Boolean equation. Today it's all boolean....

34-24 Footwork
12-06-2015, 05:39 AM
well for starters I hate lebron with a passion. I'm just not insane...I understand that my hate doesn't make him less of a great player. I just kinda never want to see him in a game and want him to lose every game he plays.

What you're missing is that before Jordan nobody EVER held players to the standard you're quoting. Dr J was considered one of the best ever despite not being a winner. Jerry West was mr clutch and people considered him a winner even win his poor finals records because, GETTING to the finals was WINNING to rational fans of the past. Kareem didn't win during most of his MVP years, but he's an all time great.

You complete have the changes to the game backwards. It used to be, that being a great player was all that mattered. Winning are important but people understood that winning was a stat not a Boolean equation. Today it's all boolean....

I agree with 90% of what you said. And jordan's earlier years were particularly Wilt-like. But we have to be honest, the GREATEST of the GREATS won championships. Period. We can't brush that off regardless of how great a player is. There's a reason why Malone, Stockton, Barkley arent on many people's top 10 lists (as if these arbitrary lists actually matter).

Losing consistently, rather professionally or in everyday life, shouldn't be praised, celebrated or minimized. It's NOT the standard. What's disturbing is that Lebron is making losing look cool...

kennethgriffin
12-06-2015, 05:49 AM
lebrons is taller and rebounds slightly more...so hes the better all around player............................................ ..........which is the best player criteria.............says skip bayless...................and why would he lie..................................

!@#$%Vectors!@#
12-06-2015, 06:43 AM

the 2 numbers Lebron Stans hate hearing.
:lol :lol :lol :lol
No other argument is even needed.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
12-06-2015, 06:49 AM
lebrons is taller and rebounds slightly more...so hes the better all around player............................................ ..........which is the best player criteria.............says skip bayless...................and why would he lie..................................

DOn't think that Skips honestly believes that. 3ball is probably Skips account. He hates Lebron. He only props him up so that he can rip him a new one when he inevitably fails.
:lol :lol :lol

diamenz
12-06-2015, 09:56 AM
only kidz play pretend.

Collie
12-06-2015, 09:58 AM

Damn, you know you're so far ahead of the pack when you have to be excluded from MVP poll. :roll: :roll:

G0ATbe
12-06-2015, 10:02 AM
When he's at his best he's top 10-15 in the league, which isn't often. And I don't hate him:confusedshrug:

Magic 32
12-06-2015, 10:04 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Eh6pRGI3q1k/maxresdefault.jpg

Gileraracer
12-06-2015, 12:54 PM
I love 2/6

dhsilv
12-06-2015, 01:02 PM
I agree with 90% of what you said. And jordan's earlier years were particularly Wilt-like. But we have to be honest, the GREATEST of the GREATS won championships. Period. We can't brush that off regardless of how great a player is. There's a reason why Malone, Stockton, Barkley arent on many people's top 10 lists (as if these arbitrary lists actually matter).

Losing consistently, rather professionally or in everyday life, shouldn't be praised, celebrated or minimized. It's NOT the standard. What's disturbing is that Lebron is making losing look cool...

Lebron is NOT loosing. HE has been to 6 nba finals. Ho wmany players in history can make that claim? Add to it he has 2 rings.

He's made the playoffs for 10 straight years and not once has he been eliminated in the first around. Again what other great never list a single first round series?

What people are doing is redefining what losing is to call Lebron a loser because by no reasonable measure of the term has he ever been a loser outside of when he was 18 years old and a rookie and if you're holding that against him,well I'm done and you're hopeless.

MEB2kDeez
12-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Lebron is NOT loosing. HE has been to 6 nba finals. Ho wmany players in history can make that claim? Add to it he has 2 rings.

He's made the playoffs for 10 straight years and not once has he been eliminated in the first around. Again what other great never list a single first round series?

What people are doing is redefining what losing is to call Lebron a loser because by no reasonable measure of the term has he ever been a loser outside of when he was 18 years old and a rookie and if you're holding that against him,well I'm done and you're hopeless.
I get what you are saying, but it sad for Lebron's case that people how to prop up how many times he's been to the Finals instead of actually winning them. Like you said he already has 2 rings and some MVPs. He's not losing sleep though..

SpecialQue
12-06-2015, 01:26 PM

Completely agree with everything here. As much as I despise Lebron and want him to lose every game he plays, at this point he's a proven winner.

What a lot of people here don't get is that it's perfectly fine to hate a player while recognizing them as being great. I'm one of the few Lebron-haters who who thinks that him getting to the finals is an achievement, and that the 2/6 argument makes his haters look stupid. This "perfect in the finals" bullshit was literally only created to make MJ look that much more god-like, to the point that his playoff failures get brushed off, since somehow losing in the playoffs is "better" than losing in the finals.

Basically, stans of all kinds are garbage human beings.

Lebronxrings
12-06-2015, 01:28 PM
tl;dr the lebron hate is so strong in this forum nobody can even pretend to like him. Pretty sad posters who spew bullshit.

90sgoat
12-06-2015, 01:55 PM

Seeing as how MJ already destroyed Shaq, albeit a less experienced version, but with a great team, I think he is still clear favorite.

Orlando Shaq had Penny, at the time one of the best in the league, Nick Anderson above average shooting guard, Dennis Scott = old Glen Rice, Horace Grant better than old Horace.

Those Orlando teams were great.