PDA

View Full Version : When is Curry going to make 13 and set NBA record for most 3-pointers in one game?

winwin
12-06-2015, 02:39 PM
Dec.
Jan.
Feb.
Mar.
Apr.
May
Jun.

next year??

i think he'll make 14 ... Feb/Mar

All Net
12-06-2015, 02:58 PM
Christmas Day?

dhsilv
12-06-2015, 03:11 PM
Games at 6 tonight? Hell why not today? I'm done trying to guess what this guy can or can't do...

fragokota
12-06-2015, 03:15 PM
It has to be in a game where he shoots lights out (normal for him) & his teamates struggle offensively so he has to take even more attempts. Of course it has to be a close one so he'll play also in the 4th qt. He won't have many chances this year with the way they're blowing teams away.

DrakeTheSnake
12-06-2015, 03:19 PM
I was hoping for OT vs the Raptors, because he could have done it then.

Marv_Albert
12-06-2015, 03:20 PM
With the amount of threes he takes dunno why he hasn't done it yet

dhsilv
12-06-2015, 03:21 PM
It has to be in a game where he shoots lights out (normal for him) & his teamates struggle offensively so he has to take even more attempts. Of course it has to be a close one so he'll play also in the 4th qt. He won't have many chances this year with the way they're blowing teams away.

The way he's playing he could do this in the first half and then rest the whole second half. Seriously the biggest mistake he's making is not shooting more...

WorldWarriors
12-06-2015, 03:56 PM
The way he's playing he could do this in the first half and then rest the whole second half. Seriously the biggest mistake he's making is not shooting more... Warriors are in it for the wins. He is not making a mistake not going for personal goals. If it happens, it happens.

dhsilv
12-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Warriors are in it for the wins. He is not making a mistake not going for personal goals. If it happens, it happens.

Once again, the problem with curry is, he doesn't 'shoot it enough. Hell he could go 15-15 from 3 in a quarter and at this point I'd just be like "curry being curry"

TheImmortal
12-06-2015, 04:02 PM
Kobe's record (2003) is not going to be touched this season I'm afraid.. Warriors are blowing out teams left and right and Curry is averaging 30 or so minutes a game..

That said he does have the potential.. you can never count out the greatest shooter in the history of the game and by far the best player in the league.

Mr Feeny
12-06-2015, 04:05 PM
Kobe's record (2003) is not going to be touched this season I'm afraid.. Warriors are blowing out teams left and right and Curry is averaging 30 or so minutes a game..

That said he does have the potential.. you can never count out the greatest shooter in the history of the game and by far the best player in the league.

Doneyll Marshall's record. A scrub's record:D

TheImmortal
12-06-2015, 04:08 PM
Doneyll Marshall's record. A scrub's record:D
Kobe Bryant set the record for 12 3's in January 7, 2003.. Donyell Marshall tied it in March 13, 2005... so how exactly does Marshall own it despite being 2nd to Kobe? Only a dumbass (which you most certainly are) would think that.

TheGreatDeraj
12-06-2015, 04:09 PM
I was thinking about this the other day.

I came to the conclusion that the 12 3's would definitely be broken and the 81 point modern day record could have been broken by Curry this year if he was playing on a non playoff team.

I still think he has a very chance to break the 3 point record this year, he just has to get hot in a close, but high scoring and fast paced game.

TheImmortal
12-06-2015, 04:12 PM
I was thinking about this the other day.

I came to the conclusion that the 12 3's would definitely be broken and the 81 point modern day record could have been broken by Curry this year if he was playing on a non playoff team.

I still think he has a very chance to break the 3 point record this year, he just has to get hot in a close, but high scoring and fast paced game.
Klay Thompson had 11 3's just last season.. I wouldn't count him out.

kennethgriffin
12-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Kobe set the record when the lakers 3rd best player was mark madsen

If curry ever gets close to 12 the game will be over anyway and he'l sit the rest of the way cause the warriors are stacked

The 2003 lakers faught all year just to get a solid record. They didnt re tool well enough.. thats why kobe got 12. They needed every one of those 12 just to beat the sonics

WorldWarriors
12-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Once again, the problem with curry is, he doesn't 'shoot it enough. Hell he could go 15-15 from 3 in a quarter and at this point I'd just be like "curry being curry"
Well yeah. But that's not a mistake.

Smoke117
12-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Kobe set the record when the lakers 3rd best player was mark madsen

If curry ever gets close to 12 the game will be over anyway and he'l sit the rest of the way cause the warriors are stacked

The 2003 lakers faught all year just to get a solid record. They didnt re tool well enough.. thats why kobe got 12. They needed every one of those 12 just to beat the sonics

...the 3rd best player was Derek Fisher. Then you had guys like Horry, Fox, George who were better than Mark Madsen. You don't even know anything about the lakers aside from the fact that Kobe Bryant has played for them.

Naero
12-06-2015, 05:46 PM
Stephen Curry will eclipse the record in his final match-up against the current record-holder in Kobe - in the "Passing of the Torch" finale. Curry has already punctuated the torch-passing ceremony by leading his team to a record-breaking seasonal start in their previous match-up; he can add in another exclamatory mark to that succession by breaking this record, and hopefully the Lakers will somehow manageably keep it close-fought enough that it necessitates the requisite playing time to do so. :rockon: