PDA

View Full Version : Russell, Mudiay, Grant (PER 36)

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Maybe some stupid fans like seeing rookies perform worse over the course of the season. Me personally, I think its essential to see rookies improve.

http://i.imgur.com/JkGvUWY.png

Russell is averaging 28.1 mpg on a team with competition at the point guard position. Mudiay is averaging 30.1 mpg on a team with little point guard competition.

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 05:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PYTR653.png

http://i.imgur.com/SDODjE5.png

http://i.imgur.com/eyAPX7j.png

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Mudiay is a sick prospect

Andrew Wiggins
12-06-2015, 05:31 PM
russell was drafted #2 in what looks like a loaded draft class. mudiay was 7 and grant wasn't even in the lottery at 19. so of course the expectations are going to much higher for russell and it seems silly to compare him with the other two. the lakers didn't have to draft a point guard either which compounds the criticism of russell's mediocre start to the season.

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 05:36 PM
russell was drafted #2 in what looks like a loaded draft class. mudiay was 7 and grant wasn't even in the lottery at 19. so of course the expectations are going to much higher for russell and it seems silly to compare him with the other two. the lakers didn't have to draft a point guard either which compounds the criticism of russell's mediocre start to the season.

There are no PG's in this draft class who are comparable to each other, other than these 3. And PS no one expected Russell to be dropping 20/10 on a nightly basis. He's coming along just how the FO predicted he would. Funny how its silly to compare players now that stats back up Russell in every margin but it wasnt silly when there were constant threads about Mudiay > Russell. Mudiay is not even comparable, he's literally dogshit right now.

sammichoffate
12-06-2015, 05:38 PM
russell was drafted #2 in what looks like a loaded draft class. mudiay was 7 and grant wasn't even in the lottery at 19. so of course the expectations are going to much higher for russell and it seems silly to compare him with the other two. the lakers didn't have to draft a point guard either which compounds the criticism of russell's mediocre start to the season....Or it's showing how Russell is improving while Mudiay is playing worse and the people who were shitting all over him have nothing to say right now. Mudiay easily could have been a top 5 pick, the "analysts" were even saying how he was a steal at #7. The Lakers didn't have to draft a C either, what's your point?

LoneyROY7
12-06-2015, 05:40 PM
Y'all passed on PorzinGOAT for D'Angelo. :oldlol:

FreezingTsmoove
12-06-2015, 05:42 PM
Grant spent like 5 years in college though

Nick Young
12-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Russell will become a great NBA PG.

Not every player is a prodigy who comes in at 19 and dominates. In fact, most players aren't.

sammichoffate
12-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Y'all passed on PorzinGOAT for D'Angelo. :oldlol:It might be bad in hindsight, I say "might" because the season isn't over. I don't think anyone thought Porzingis was gonna be this good, I certainly didn't think he was a bad pick like those Knick ******s at the draft were though. Russell still has a full season to go too, he's been playing lightyears better since the first few games.

LoneyROY7
12-06-2015, 05:45 PM
Porzingis could have been the next transcendent Lakers bigman.

Instead, Kristaps is single-handedly resurrecting the Mecca of basketball. :pimp:

sammichoffate
12-06-2015, 05:48 PM
Porzingis could have been the next transcendent Lakers bigman.

Instead, Kristaps is single-handedly resurrecting the Mecca of basketball. :pimp::lol I wouldn't say single-handedly, that entire team is actually playing together and they have good pieces like Lopez and Afflalo. Carmelo seems more controlled this season too

LoneyROY7
12-06-2015, 05:48 PM
It might be bad in hindsight, I say "might" because the season isn't over. I don't think anyone thought Porzingis was gonna be this good, I certainly didn't think he was a bad pick like those Knick ******s at the draft were though. Russell still has a full season to go too, he's been playing lightyears better since the first few games.

:oldlol:

There's no might about. Kristaps is already a game-changing player on offense/defense and is the reason the Knicks are winning the games that they are.

He's a monster. You guys f*cked up MASSIVELY.

sammichoffate
12-06-2015, 05:50 PM

There's no might about. Kristaps is already a game-changing player on offense/defense and is the reason the Knicks are winning the games that they are.

He's a monster. You guys f*cked up MASSIVELY.Well seasons not over, I wanna see him go against teams like the Spurs, GSW, and the other elite teams more.

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 05:54 PM

He's a monster. You guys f*cked up MASSIVELY.

Lmao dude youre bad at this.

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 05:55 PM
...Or it's showing how Russell is improving while Mudiay is playing worse and the people who were shitting all over him have nothing to say right now. Mudiay easily could have been a top 5 pick, the "analysts" were even saying how he was a steal at #7. The Lakers didn't have to draft a C either, what's your point?

Get out of here with that reasonable logic !!!

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 05:56 PM
Mudiay is great though. I love his horrible decision making, awful shot jacking and shitass shot mechanics. He's fast too.

Bryon Scott may be bad, but at least he was right when he said Mudiay isnt a PG.

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Denver fans / Mudiay fans where you at

LoneyROY7
12-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Lmao dude youre bad at this.

Check yourself first, homie. :oldlol:

D'Angelo has yet to have a truly impactful game this season. You're trying to hype the guy up and there's really not much that at this point.

Porzingis has unreal potential and is already showcasing it on a game by game basis.

Meanwhile, you're getting pumped up about the 2nd pick putting up 11/5/3 on 40 percent shooting. :lol

This wouldn't happen if you and your Laker cohorts stopped massively overhyping every one of your average or below-average players.

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 06:00 PM
Check yourself first, homie. :oldlol:

D'Angelo has yet to have a truly impactful game this season. You're trying to hype the guy up and there's really not much that at this point.

Porzingis has unreal potential and is already showcasing it on a game by game basis.

Meanwhile, you're getting pumped up about the 2nd pick putting up 11/5/3 on 40 percent shooting. :lol

This wouldn't happen if you and your Laker cohorts stopped massively overhyping every one of your average or below-average players.

You dont get any basic concept so theres no point in arguing with a dumb****. I'm not repeating myself to what I've said before regarding Russel and his situation.

LoneyROY7
12-06-2015, 06:02 PM
You dont get any basic concept so theres no point in arguing with a dumb****. I'm not repeating myself to what I've said before regarding Russel and his situation.

You don't wanna argue b/c you have no argument. Russell has been unimpressive so far this season. I watch 90 percent of Laker games, so I'm not just box-score watching. And I'll watch him again today.

He hasn't been impressive. That's just the honest truth.

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 06:08 PM
You don't wanna argue b/c you have no argument. Russell has been unimpressive so far this season. I watch 90 percent of Laker games, so I'm not just box-score watching. And I'll watch him again today.

Thats not what I said. Ive said the same thing over and over again, you'll just respond by HURR DURR PORZINGAS THO. As if drafts always work like how they should. Yes, Porzingas is outplaying Towns and Okafor as well, stupidass Minny and Philly. Great argument man. Don't take into account that Russell is a PG compared to the other 3 centers or the fact that in due time he'll get his burn once Kobe leaves and the team shapes up. Kobe was in a similar situation. Not getting minutes, stuck behind allstar guards and he made a pretty good career out of himself. Russell is progressing just fine and the improvements he's making are the ones Laker fans want to see. Other than Porzingas, Lakers didnt mess up the pick. So if your whole argument is HURR DURR PORZINGAS , then yes you are an idiot.

LoneyROY7
12-06-2015, 06:11 PM
Thats not what I said. Ive said the same thing over and over again, you'll just respond by HURR DURR PORZINGAS THO. As if drafts always work like how they should. Yes, Porzingas is outplaying Towns and Okafor as well, stupidass Minny and Philly. Great argument man. Don't take into account that Russell is a PG compared to the other 3 centers or the fact that in due time he'll get his burn once Kobe leaves and the team shapes up. Kobe was in a similar situation. Not getting minutes, stuck behind allstar guards and he made a pretty good career out of himself. Russell is progressing just fine and the improvements he's making are the ones Laker fans want to see. Other than Porzingas, Lakers didnt mess up the pick. So if your whole argument is HURR DURR PORZINGAS , then yes you are an idiot.

You're not honestly comparing Russell's talent and ability to Kobe's, are you?

And please tell me what all-star guards D'Angelo is behind right now. I'll hang up and take your response off the air. :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
12-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Loney shitting on this dude :oldlol:

bluechox2
12-06-2015, 06:15 PM
basically, Lakers picked an end of the lottery guy at 2...only reason they took him was cause "he said/she said" rumors...

lakers sports analysts kept shitting on porzingis and mudiay...was hilarious...but had d russell comming out of the gates with some serious impact...

one thing that your analysts writers said which was just pure comedy...porzingis would be shit cause his eyes were too close and cant see well...wow thats some serious scouting right there

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 06:17 PM
You're not honestly comparing Russell's talent and ability to Kobe's, are you?

And please tell me what all-star guards D'Angelo is behind right now. I'll hang up and take your response off the air. :oldlol:

Are you really that daft?

D'Angelo is playing 28 minutes per game because Byron decides to play a shitton of guards. I seriously hope youre just acting like this and you arent really as dumb as this. Do I have to explain everything step by step to you?

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 06:18 PM
basically, Lakers picked an end of the lottery guy at 2...only reason they took him was cause "he said/she said" rumors...

lakers sports analysts kept shitting on porzingis and mudiay...was hilarious...but had d russell comming out of the gates with some serious impact...

Do you just make things up? No one said he would have serious impact right away LOL. You do realize Lakers worked out Okafor and Russell multiple times? But no lets stick with a bogus assumption.

bluechox2
12-06-2015, 06:20 PM
Do you just make things up? No one said he would have serious impact right away LOL. You do realize Lakers worked out Okafor and Russell multiple times? But no lets stick with a bogus assumption.

i was listening to espn podcast with a laker scout before the draft

one thing that your analysts writers scout said which was just pure comedy...porzingis would be shit cause his eyes were too close and cant see well...wow thats some serious scouting right there

im not even paraphrasing anything, he literally said those words...espn asshole just laughed

he was talking about drussel as if kobe's 2nd coming

LoneyROY7
12-06-2015, 06:22 PM
Are you really that daft?

D'Angelo is playing 28 minutes per game because Byron decides to play a shitton of guards. I seriously hope youre just acting like this and you arent really as dumb as this. Do I have to explain everything step by step to you?

A "shitton of guards" vs. all-star guards is a VERY different story. :oldlol:

The other guards the Lakers are playing are crap, save Clarkson who is playing some decent, efficient basketball.

The fact that D'Angelo is playing the amount of minutes he is, is just as much of an indictment on him and his own play as it is on Byron.

NugzFan
12-06-2015, 06:24 PM
Poor laker fans. So insecure. So sad.

STATUTORY
12-06-2015, 06:27 PM
DRussell is gonna be a 6ft5 Chris Paul with a splash of Curry in his prime

his 19 year old rookie numbers stack up favorably to ANY start top 5 pg in this league right now.

we talking about big lipped Mudiay doe? :roll:

bluechox2
12-06-2015, 06:28 PM

The other guards the Lakers are playing are crap, save Clarkson who is playing some decent, efficient basketball.

The fact that D'Angelo is playing the amount of minutes he is, is just as much of an indictment on him and his own play as it is on Byron.

somehow kobe became a shitton of guards... its funny cause its hard for lakers fans to admit that kobe is the reason..just waiting for the season to flyby before pretending it never happened

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 06:29 PM

Except its not. You clearly dont watch Lakers basketball games as you said you do cause you would know Byron has literally benched Russell when he's hit back to back shots. Has done this dozens of times. Russell hit 2 3's back to back, next step? Bench

As for your other comment, it was simply an analogous scenerio. Russell will get his burn in due time. Do you need me to break THAT down for you? You seem to be struggling here. Literally questioning every sentence as if English isnt your first language

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 06:30 PM
i was listening to espn podcast with a laker scout before the draft

one thing that your analysts writers scout said which was just pure comedy...porzingis would be shit cause his eyes were too close and cant see well...wow thats some serious scouting right there

im not even paraphrasing anything, he literally said those words...espn asshole just laughed

he was talking about drussel as if kobe's 2nd coming

This is false. Laker scouts never said that bullshit. Nice source you phony :oldlol:

DMV2
12-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Honestly, nobody saw this coming from Porzingis. NOBODY!

And yes, he's taken over games. Already changed the culture of the Melo-led Knicks in just 1 and a half months of basketball. Insane how he made this kind of an impact already.

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Poor laker fans. So insecure. So sad.

Cmon nothing better than that? Mudiay is playing like a piece of dogshit atm :lol

Great pick doe

LoneyROY7
12-06-2015, 06:36 PM
Except its not. You clearly dont watch Lakers basketball games as you said you do cause you would know Byron has literally benched Russell when he's hit back to back shots. Has done this dozens of times. Russell hit 2 3's back to back, next step? Bench

As for your other comment, it was simply an analogous scenerio. Russell will get his burn in due time. Do you need me to break THAT down for you? You seem to be struggling here. Literally questioning every sentence as if English isnt your first language

All you can do is throw insults b/c your argument is weak as f*ck. :oldlol:

And it's not an analogous scenario b/c those situations aren't comparable whatsoever. Kobe was playing on a team with good players trying to compete for a championship. D'Angelo is playing with scrubs and still isn't getting minutes.

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 06:40 PM
All you can do is throw insults b/c your argument is weak as f*ck. :oldlol:

And it's not an analogous scenario b/c those situations aren't comparable whatsoever. Kobe was playing on a team with good players trying to compete for a championship. D'Angelo is playing with scrubs and still isn't getting minutes.

I just told you its cause of Byron Scott. You have some serious trouble with reading comprehension. It's not an insult, its just something I noticed. You cant even follow my 2-3 sentence posts. It is similar you dunce, this is why i said I shouldnt bother to explain myself. This very reason. You cant comprehend anything when I give you an argument. This was pointless. You are pointless.

NugzFan
12-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Cmon nothing better than that? Mudiay is playing like a piece of dogshit atm :lol

Great pick doe

It's all that needs to be said. The fact that you make these threads tells me how disaapointing Russell has been and how insecure you are.

I mean he is putting up shitty stats as a #2 pick and somehow has laker fans happy about it?

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 06:45 PM
It's all that needs to be said. The fact that you make these threads tells me how disaapointing Russell has been and how insecure you are.

I mean he is putting up shitty stats as a #2 pick and somehow has laker fans happy about it?

Damn if hes putting up shitty stats, then Mudiay must be putting up cancer stats

LoneyROY7
12-06-2015, 06:46 PM
I just told you its cause of Byron Scott. You have some serious trouble with reading comprehension. It's not an insult, its just something I noticed. You cant even follow my 2-3 sentence posts. It is similar you dunce, this is why i said I shouldnt bother to explain myself. This very reason. You cant comprehend anything when I give you an argument. This was pointless. You are pointless.

You are so upset. :oldlol:

It's not comparable. You're acting like a little bitch because you know it's true.

If you think a rookie Kobe wouldn't be getting more than 28 minutes playing alongside the likes of Nick Young, Lou Williams, Marcelo Huertas, and Jordan Clarkson than you're even dumber than you usually sound.

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 06:48 PM
You are so upset. :oldlol:

It's not comparable. You're acting like a little bitch because you know it's true.

If you think a rookie Kobe wouldn't be getting more than 28 minutes playing alongside the likes of Nick Young, Lou Williams, Marcelo Huertas, and Jordan Clarkson than you're even dumber than you usually sound.

Its not true lmao. Russell was never touted to be a serious impact starter from day 1. Why do you need explanation with every little detail. This is why arguing with a moron is useless. Its like talking to a brick wall.

bluechox2
12-06-2015, 06:49 PM
This is false. Laker scouts never said that bullshit. Nice source you phony :oldlol:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13143300

hes a espn analyst...still lakers listened to him

he was bout to bust a nut talking about drussell

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 06:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13143300

hes a espn analyst...still lakers listened to him

LOL. Lakers listened to him = Lakers did what they did because of him. Outstanding.

LoneyROY7
12-06-2015, 06:51 PM
Its not true lmao. Russell was never touted to be a serious impact starter from day 1. Why do you need explanation with every little detail. This is why arguing with a moron is useless. Its like talking to a brick wall.

"Why D'Angelo Russell is the Best Player in the NBA Draft": http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/draft/2015/06/23/dangelo-russell-nba-draft-top-pick/27758821/

"I definitely believe I'm the best player in the NBA draft, based on my hunger," Russell told USA TODAY Sports. "I just feel like what I bring to the game, you don't see a lot of it at my age. Things that you don't teach — high IQ, leadership skills, passing ability — I have those intangibles."

Now keeping throwing insults like the petulant little child you are.

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 06:53 PM
"Why D'Angelo is the Best Player in the NBA Draft": http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/draft/2015/06/23/dangelo-russell-nba-draft-top-pick/27758821/

"I definitely believe I'm the best player in the NBA draft, based on my hunger," Russell told USA TODAY Sports. "I just feel like what I bring to the game, you don't see a lot of it at my age. Things that you don't teach — high IQ, leadership skills, passing ability — I have those intangibles."

Now keeping throwing insults like the petulant little child you are.

I will as long as you keep responding like a true moron. What does his attitude have to do with anything / what does a site have to do with this? Of course he's going to be confident. LOL you should not apply for law school ever. You are awful at this.

Lakers and pretty much every organization knew he wouldnt be dropping 20/10's in his 1st year. But lets add irrelevant sources to our argument.

LoneyROY7
12-06-2015, 07:00 PM
I will as long as you keep responding like a true moron. What does his attitude have to do with anything / what does a site have to do with this? Of course he's going to be confident. LOL you should not apply for law school ever. You are awful at this.

Lakers and pretty much every organization knew he wouldnt be dropping 20/10's in his 1st year. But lets add irrelevant sources to our argument.

So you say the Lakers knew he wouldn't be putting up impressive performances his rookie season...

And yet you keep making threads about him acting like what he's doing IS impressive. :oldlol:

Maybe you should hold off your overhype until he actually does something worth note. Ah, but that's not your MO. :oldlol:

NugzFan
12-06-2015, 07:08 PM
Damn if hes putting up shitty stats, then Mudiay must be putting up cancer stats

Difference is (a) I know he is, you're in denial about Russell (b) 2nd vs 7th pick and (c) future potential for mudiay is much higher.

DMV2
12-06-2015, 07:26 PM
michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif

NuggetsFan
12-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Mudiay is great though. I love his horrible decision making, awful shot jacking and shitass shot mechanics. He's fast too.

Bryon Scott may be bad, but at least he was right when he said Mudiay isnt a PG.

That's all Mudiay is right now. A PG. He's pretty amazing at setting others up, certainly better than Russell at that so far. Show me any young PG who doesn't turn the ball over? Especially when there out there making plays for other players, and not getting protected by there coach. Kidd turned it over 3.2 times as a 21 year old rookie, Mudiay is at 4 as a 19 year old rookie. We'll see where he finishes.

Nuggets are a shitty team, Mudiay has shitty shot selection. Should be playing like he's Rondo but out there trying to do to much. He's been pretty good defensively for a rookie, made some clutch plays, showed flashes from time to time, but his dogshit shooting efficiency is going to drag down all his stats.

If he ever cleans up his shot selection this season it'd go along way. I thought he would by now, so no idea if he will or not. I still and always did like Mudiay's long term potential over DR. It's a roll of the dice with the shot tho.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-06-2015, 09:00 PM
:lol I wouldn't say single-handedly, that entire team is actually playing together and they have good pieces like Lopez and Afflalo. Carmelo seems more controlled this season too
Lets not kid ourselves. The rook is anchoring that team.

bluechox2
12-06-2015, 09:01 PM
according to russell, he has hit his ceiling

Combat Wombat
12-06-2015, 09:45 PM

You obviously don't watch Laker games because if you did, you'd know that Byron Scott benches him the moment he gets the hot hand and has refused to play him in most 4th quarters regardless of the closeness of the game or how well Russell is playing.

Has he been impressive? Not particularly but he has been improving just about every game. He's attacking the basket with confidence, his rebounding is excellent for both a rookie and a PG and his 3 point shot is beginning to fall.

In October, he was averaging 8.5/2.5/2 and 0 steals. In November, he averaged 11/5/3 with 1 steal. So far in December he's averaging 13/6/4 with 2 steals while shooting 35% from 3.

No one denies that the Lakers should have taken Porzingis but let's not act like Russell's development hasn't been hindered by the likes of Byron Scott and his ridiculous (and stubborn) rotations as well as his ISO based offense.

So stop talking and lying about a topic you clearly know little about, you window-licking co0ck-jockey.

LoneyROY7
12-06-2015, 09:51 PM
You obviously don't watch Laker games because if you did, you'd know that Byron Scott benches him the moment he gets the hot hand and has refused to play him in 4th quarters regardless of the closeness of the game or how well Russell is playing.

Has he been impressive? Not particularly but he has been improving just about every game. He's attacking the basket with confidence, his rebounding is excellent for both a rookie and a PG and his 3 point shot is beginning to fall.

In October, he was averaging 8.5/2.5/2 and 0 steals. In November, he averaged 11/5/3 with 1 steal. So far in December he's averaging 13/6/4 with 2 steals while shooting 35% from 3.

No one denies that the Lakers should have taken Porzingis but let's not act like Russell's development hasn't been hindered by the likes of Byron Scott and his ridiculous (and stubborn) rotations as well as his ISO based offense.

So stop talking and lying about a topic you clearly know little about, you window-licking co0ck-jockey.

Let's swap dick picks bruh. This post reeks of peanuts and a kit-kat.

Combat Wombat
12-06-2015, 09:56 PM
Let's swap dick picks bruh. This post reeks of peanuts and kit-kat.

In other words, you don't have a single argument because you don't have a clue about the topic at hand. I don't know why I expected more from a notorious box-score watcher and bandwagon fan. Oh well.

Do us all a favour and crawl back up into your mothers gaping asshole so she can shit you out like the useless, giant turd that you are.

LoneyROY7
12-06-2015, 09:57 PM
In other words, you don't have a single argument because you don't have a clue about the topic at hand. I don't know why I expected more from a notorious box-score watcher and bandwagon fan. Oh well.

Do us all a favour and crawl back up into your mothers gaping asshole so she can shit you out like the useless, giant turd that you are.

Slim jimmy confirmed.

Jameerthefear
12-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Combat Wombat confirmed for MAJOR slim jim

Combat Wombat
12-06-2015, 10:06 PM
Combat Wombat confirmed for MAJOR slim jim

Ah, little Jameerthequeer is still spending the majority of his time trolling an internet forum from his little shack in Alabama.

Two questions, Jaqueer: between your sister and mother, who has the higher hourly rate and (2) do they offer your cheap, broke ass a discount?

Jameerthefear
12-06-2015, 10:09 PM
Ah, little Jameerthequeer is still spending the majority of his time trolling an internet forum from his little shack in Alabama.

Two questions, Jaqueer: between your sister and mother, who has the higher hourly rate and (2) do they offer your cheap, broke ass a discount?
meltdown

LoneyROY7
12-06-2015, 10:12 PM
Lemme get a #2 with cheese EXTRA melted.

Combat Wombat
12-06-2015, 10:14 PM
meltdown

:roll:

Says the virgin who spends multiple hours per day on an internet forum with nearly 50 00 posts and multiple alts dedicated to trolling about 1 player.

AirTupac
12-06-2015, 11:36 PM

Lmao holy **** dude, that was the hardest ISH diss I've seen this year. Well said :applause: :applause: :applause: