PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Warriors vs 95-96 Bulls ( when they won 72 games). Who wins?

imnew09
12-07-2015, 01:48 PM
in a 7 games series

Klay is finally getting his shooter touch back and Curry is hot as ever, will the current 22-0 Warriors defeat the GOAT Bulls?

Chef Curry will drop 40ppg with Iggy/Klay/Dray locking down MJ da GOAT

Soundwave
12-07-2015, 01:53 PM
Put Pippen on Curry and lets see him get the same looks. Ain't happening.

Jordan would lock down Thompson.

Rodman would out rebound any of GS bigs.

Take a wild guess where this is going. The Bulls are not a good match up for the Warriors. They're waaaaay better defensively and they are big on the wings which would make life miserable for Curry.

6-3/6-4 trying to shoot over Pippen who's basically 6-8 with a huge wingspan is exactly what the Bulls would want.

Straight_Ballin
12-07-2015, 02:01 PM

Take a wild guess where this is going. The Bulls are not a good match up for the Warriors. They're waaaaay better defensively and they are big on the wings which would make life miserable for Curry.

6-3/6-4 trying to shoot over Pippen who's basically 6-8 with a huge wingspan is exactly what the Bulls would want.

Not to mention that whatever little production that Curry did have against Pippen, would be negated by Kukoc's production.

lilteapot
12-07-2015, 02:08 PM

Curry has shot over bigger guys, including Anthony Davis, many times, and the Jordan Bulls never played against a guy that shoots so deep and so accurately.

oh the horror
12-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Pippen and Jordan would eat Klay and Curry's lunch. Stop.

And some act like Jordan hasn't seen the best defenders during his career. It took entire teams formulating defensive plans to "stop" Jordan.

With the way defensive is played now? Stop.

Imagining Rodman on Green is also comedy.

r0drig0lac
12-07-2015, 02:14 PM
Dray and Curry would cry..Klay In MJ? lol

mehyaM24
12-07-2015, 02:16 PM
in a 7 game series with the OLD rules, chicago handles them.

i say 6 games tops

Marchesk
12-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Curry has shot over bigger guys, including Anthony Davis, many times, and the Jordan Bulls never played against a guy that shoots so deep and so accurately.

Anthony Davis is no Pippen on the perimeter. Harper was also a good defender.

Segatti
12-07-2015, 02:35 PM
Warriors easily. The stupid iso offense the Bulls played wouldn't cut against a modern elite defense like the Warriors. Curry would destroy any defender they put on him, but Jordan would suffer because he wouldn't be able to drive easily to the basket everytime like he used to.

mehyaM24
12-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Warriors easily. The stupid iso offense the Bulls played wouldn't cut against a modern elite defense like the Warriors. Curry would destroy any defender they put on him, but Jordan would suffer because he wouldn't be able to drive easily to the basket everytime like he used to.

lmfao

SwayDizzle
12-07-2015, 02:38 PM
I love me some Warriors but no. the ONLY team that can stop the Bulls at their peak was peak Kobe and Shaq (arguably the best 1-2 punch ever).

Sarcastic
12-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Warriors easily. The stupid iso offense the Bulls played

:biggums:

Bulls played the triangle offense.
Stopped reading after that nonsense since you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

lilteapot
12-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Anthony Davis is no Pippen on the perimeter. Harper was also a good defender.

I understand that, but he has greater length than Pippen and Curry has shot over him. I don't know why people are acting like Pippen would shut Curry down.

OldSchoolBBall
12-07-2015, 02:44 PM
A couple of things people forget about those 1996 Bulls:

1) Of their 10 losses:

3 were by 1 point
7 were by 6 points or less
9 were by 10 points or less

That team was legitimately "in" 78+ games that season. They only lost by 11+ points ONCE the entire season. They could have easily won 75+ games with a couple of bounces or calls.

2) They didn't have Rodman - by many accounts their third best player - for 18 games that season (and he didn't start for another 7 games), and didn't have Longley, their starting center, for 20 games. Again, had each of them played 76-80 games, you might be looking at 75+ wins.

Marchesk
12-07-2015, 03:20 PM
I understand that, but he has greater length than Pippen and Curry has shot over him. I don't know why people are acting like Pippen would shut Curry down.

I don't know if this version of Curry can be shut down. You just want to contain him and have him shoot a bit worse.

ShawkFactory
12-07-2015, 03:23 PM

1) Of their 10 losses:

3 were by 1 point

That team was legitimately "in" 78+ games that season. They only lost by 11+ points ONCE the entire season. They could have easily won 75+ games with a couple of bounces or calls.

2) They didn't have Rodman - by many accounts their third best player - for 18 games that season (and he didn't start for another 7 games), and didn't have Longley, their starting center, for 20 games. Again, had each of them played 76-80 games, you might be looking at 75+ wins.
There's probably several others they easily could have lost if they didn't get a couple of bounces or calls though.

SugarHill
12-07-2015, 03:24 PM
never forget. old things are better than new things just because

FKAri
12-07-2015, 03:28 PM
It would be fun to watch. If the Warriors are all hitting their 3's (like it seems to be now that Klay is getting back into the groove), I don't think any perimeter heavy team can beat them, ever.

Not to mention that whatever little production that Curry did have against Pippen, would be negated by Kukoc's production.

Is there anyone out there who agrees with this post?

mehyaM24
12-07-2015, 03:31 PM

all new things > old things

the weeknd and chi-raq >>>>> rolling stones and godfather

SugarHill
12-07-2015, 03:32 PM
all new things > old things

the weeknd and chi-raq >>> rolling stones and godfather
chiraq movie looks so fvcking bad

Marchesk
12-07-2015, 03:35 PM

In this case because Jordan, 72 wins, start of second three peat, Pippen, Rodman's offensive rebounding, Phil and the triangle offense, and the complementary roles players around Jordan & Pippen.

You notice that nobody is asking if the 71 Celtics could have beaten last year's GSW. They won 68 games, but lost to the Knicks in the playoffs.

Genaro
12-07-2015, 03:55 PM

I won't say the Warriors would beat the Bulls but the bolded is non sense. How the heck would Pippen get out easily of those screens Warriors set for Curry? He would be stuck like everybody else and relay on the switching of the rest of the team. Curry most times doesn't ISO and try to shoot over a guy, he just use a screen to get free or run through multiple screens along the baseline.

IGOTGAME
12-07-2015, 04:04 PM
I lineup with

Harper
Jordan
Pippen
Kikoc
Rodman

Is one of the few in history that guards Golden Statw very well. If you match up Pippen with Draymomd and Jordan Curry then you can neutralize that pick and roll in a variety of ways.

Ai2death
12-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Question is, whose going to stop MJ & Pippen?

90sgoat
12-07-2015, 05:09 PM
It's not just the Bulls, the 1996 Seattle Supersonics would put the fear of God into the Warriors.

They were perfectly equipped to handle perimeter stars, go watch the Youtube, they slowed down MJ and made him play his worst finals ever.

Payton would absolutely smother Curry, Kemp would bully-ball Draymond, Schrempf would go Blitzkrieg on Harrison Barnes and Hershey Hawkins could trade 1 for 1 with Klay.

Marchesk
12-07-2015, 05:11 PM
That Sonics team did have really good perimeter defenders, and not just Payton.

Segatti
12-07-2015, 05:17 PM
It's not just the Bulls, the 1996 Seattle Supersonics would put the fear of God into the Warriors.

They were perfectly equipped to handle perimeter stars, go watch the Youtube, they slowed down MJ and made him play his worst finals ever.

Payton would absolutely smother Curry, Kemp would bully-ball Draymond, Schrempf would go Blitzkrieg on Harrison Barnes and Hershey Hawkins could trade 1 for 1 with Klay.

Being this delusional :oldlol:

sportjames23
12-07-2015, 05:21 PM

/thread

Bulls played defense like the Warriors have never seen and will never see in this era's NBA. Add to Pip and MJ and Rodman on defense, the Bulls had Ron Harper. Harper would check Steph and make him work for every shot. And 6'11" Toni Kukoc's all-around skills and plenty of big bodies to crash the boards and play defense?

Bulls in 5.

Micku
12-07-2015, 05:36 PM
The year isn't over yet, so the comparison is a bit premature.

With that said, the Bulls have one of the best, if not the best, perimeter defenders and one of the most versatile defenders. The rebounding at battle would be interesting because of Rodman. It would take away some chances and second chance points is big.

Curry is a monster thus far. With his quick release and the warriors screens sets, the bulls have to work to contain him. They can't afford to leave him open for one sec. Even then that's not enough. So, that would be a interesting battle. The Warriors in general have superior shooting than the Bulls, but the bulls should be equip to handle them. At this moment, it's hard to imagine anyone shutting down Curry. I would like to wait for the playoffs.

96 Kerr would like to convince coach Kerr about some sets the warriors have. Coach Kerr has the advantage since he knows the sets of the Bulls. Time paradox!

FKAri
12-07-2015, 06:04 PM

what about this quote doe?

diamenz
12-07-2015, 11:40 PM
96 bulls > 15 warriors
98 pacers > 15 warriors

1987_Lakers
12-07-2015, 11:49 PM
98 pacers > 15 warriors

No, Warriors would destroy any team MJ went up against.

PistonsFan#21
12-07-2015, 11:54 PM

1) Of their 10 losses:

3 were by 1 point

How was the East in 1996 compared to the West the last 2 years?

diamenz
12-08-2015, 12:06 AM

that's some pretty shit reasoning, but okay.

TheBigVeto
12-08-2015, 12:14 AM
Both are overrated but since the Warriors have a better coach, they have a good chance of taking this.

SyRyanYang
12-08-2015, 12:16 AM
Would love to see MJ and Pippen chase Curry through an infinite number of screens:lol
Curry is Miller on steroids, PED and any drugs you can name

Da_Realist
06-20-2016, 07:27 PM
A lot of nonsense in this thread. Too many star gazers and number crunchers. It's all about MATCHUPS. Not win totals or how many all stars a team has. It always comes down to matchups amd makeup of teams. If GS had won last night, I would feel the exact same way. 96 Bulls would be a matchup nightmare for GSW. I didn't need to see GSW lose to know that -- OKC and Cle only proved the point to number crunchers.

Sarcastic
06-20-2016, 07:36 PM

Got em.

scandisk_
06-20-2016, 08:08 PM
96 Bulls will make Steph work, even more so. Not that he'd struggle but they'll haunt him around the court, everytime. Green OTOH would do some damage. I believe Green would be GS' best player against the Bulls. Dude has range and can play BIG.

Spurs m8
06-20-2016, 08:25 PM
It's the dildo eating op....has he shown his face here yet?

Da_Realist
06-20-2016, 09:01 PM

Caught the sarcasm. But this is true more often than you think.

What has better quality audio, music on a vinyl record (from a high resolution source) or music compressed to a CD?

What has better quality audio, CD quality music or MP3 quality music?

Grandma's dinner that took her six hours in a hot kitchen or DiGiorno?

Homemade ice cream or Breyers?

Our newer, more modern ways are generally meant to make things more convenient, not improve quality. Sometimes it does, but not all the time. It certainly shouldn't be assumed.

Professional sports follow the same corollary. You can't assume that modern teams with modern schemes are better. There are a lot of factors that affect how teams play that need to be analyzed and it certainly can't be applied across the board. It's lazy to assume.

To make the implication that everything gets better in time is false. And just because something is older doesn't mean it's worse.

RedBlackAttack
06-20-2016, 09:41 PM
I didn't think the '96 team was even the best version of Jordan's Bulls (despite the record), but there's no way in hell the Warriors would beat that team. We also have to factor rule changes that have been enacted since 1996. I can't even imagine having to defend Michael Jordan in this era.

I say that as a Cavs fan who hoped for Jordan to fail until it became obvious that he never failed (once he got past the Pistons).

They would have slowed the game down and just pounded the Warriors. If you thought OKC's length gave them problems? If they had trouble with the Cavs' physical brand of basketball?

Combine those two things which both really hurt the Warriors offensive production and you'd have the Jordan/Pippen/Rodman Bulls.

I guess this question doesn't have the same meaning as it did in December. It would be fun to watch Rodman and Draymond go at it, though.

Da_Realist
06-20-2016, 09:45 PM
Congrats, RBA. Cleveland finally did it. :cheers:

scandisk_
06-20-2016, 09:50 PM
yep to the REAL CAV FANS

to RBA, Meticode and CC and some dudes I forgot to mention

:cheers: